*****Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Alloa thread ******

Bongo 1874

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Never watched Leeds once In the championship, couldn't tell you. 

Nah thought so 👍

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They don't just press, they also dominate possession, shots and  they press and they've also had teams built by managers over a few years. 

You are correct tho- you don't get it. 

Pressing is your answer to everything, it's ridiculous, what if both teams press? 

Is your mind blown. Answer that? 

Liverpool are a good example, They  were caught out early in klopps tenure with the press ( often caught out defensively) and again this season as they've had key players injured. 

So they almost prove that to have a successful pressing team, it gets built up over years, you also dominate possession and you need the players, and the key players fit to do it properly. 

Also given the context of both clubs and ambitions, Liverpool under Klopp with fail their main goal this season, while Rab at Hearts will achieve his. 

It's a funny auld game. 

It's also  the best argument yet tho, if Liverpool, Bayern and man City can do it - we should be able to do it as well. 

You've cracked football management, nobody every would have thought of that, ever. 😂

Leeds, a team  who spent the best part of 2 decades out the top flight are not a good example either, they'd have done anything to get promoted back first time. 

What if both teams press?, then you have a open game with both teams looking to win the ball back? to try and outscore each other?. 

If shite teams play us, & try to play football -we’ll skelp them. 

Unfortunately, most try to stop us playing & we can’t break them down. 
lit was a good result -but it was only Peter Grants Alloa FFS! 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

They also dominate possession funny we do that 🤔 we can do that but according to you we can't press 🤔right. 

Please tell me how Rangers managed to go further in Europe and win the league? Despite Celtic having more money and paying more wages?. 

Gerrard built a good team over 3 seasons, and despite routine Hammerings from celtic early on, no trophies and even getting knocked out of cup to teams bottom of the league - the board seen the bigger picture, backed him and never gave into a small group of noisey fans who called him names and wanted him oot. 

3/4 seasons later the fans have seen the benefit of a strong board and a good appointment in Gerrard despite many fans opposed to his appointment. 

Rangers have reaped the benefits of giving a new manager time to embed a philosophy and financially backed a rebuild and not reacted to bad results, particularly early doors. 

Celtic have also regressed and Lennon was a poor choice as manager imo. 

You'll think its because they press tho, eh? 

😂😂

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What if both teams press?, then you have a open game with both teams looking to win the ball back? to try and outscore each other?. 

Who wins tho? 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah thought so 👍

Hardly a leap, I'm Scottish and a Hearts fan. 

Why the **** would I watch Leeds. 

😂😂

It did take them about 15 seasons to get promoted tho, not what I want for Hearts Tbh. 

Not for me. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gerrard built a good team over 3 seasons, and despite routine Hammerings from celtic early on, no trophies and even getting knocked out of cup to teams bottom of the league - the board seen the bigger picture, backed him and never gave into a small group of noisey fans who called him names and wanted him oot. 

3/4 seasons later the fans have seen the benefit of a strong board and a good appointment in Gerrard despite many fans opposed to his appointment. 

Rangers have reaped the benefits of giving a new manager time to embed a philosophy and financially backed a rebuild and not reacted to bad results, particularly early doors. 

Celtic have also regressed and Lennon was a poor choice as manager imo. 

You'll think its because they press tho, eh? 

😂😂

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/using-the-touchline-a-deep-dive-into-rangerss-pressing-scheme/&ved=2ahUKEwjo15LR-fPvAhUCgP0HHb4LA0oQFjAHegQICBAC&usg=AOvVaw1X-POuQxG3fNNtvumgaErH

🙈🙈 Oh Smiths right boot 🙈

Bad results he has never lost to a alloa or brora don't even go there. 

Comparing him to Gerrard oh my lord 🙄🙄

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Liverpool will fail this season 😂😂 Well when you consider he won them the Premier League and the Champions League i suppose you can forgive him. 

But Robbie is the way to go 👍

Think Klopp is on record saying that top 4 won't be a success. 

His past record deserves to buy him time, along with the injuries he had.  No doubt. 

Maybe Robbie deserves a chance giving his past record with us, or is that just for Klopp?

Injuries as well to key players, fancy that effecting a team. Who'd have funk it!!!

You're always all over the place, you move the goal posts to suit your agenda. It's not great when  you are rying to make a point. 

It's like arguing with a right wing brexiteer. All over the place. 

Gives me a headache. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Of course rangers play a pressing game, he has built up a good, attacking team. 

No one is arguing that. 

Hardly catching me out. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Think Klopp is on record saying that top 4 won't be a success. 

His past record deserves to buy him time, along with the injuries he had.  No doubt. 

Maybe Robbie deserves a chance giving his past record with us, or is that just for Klopp?

Injuries as well to key players, fancy that effecting a team. Who'd have funk it!!!

You're always all over the place, you move the goal posts to suit your agenda. It's not great when  you are rying to make a point. 

It's like arguing with a right wing brexiteer. All over the place. 

Gives me a headache. 

Nah the fact Klopp has won things and tries to play the game the right way buys him time. 

Unfortunately Robbie has done neither, that is if you are saying winning the championship is some sort of achievement?. 

25 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I am imagining deaft for both🤞

I have everything crossed that you’re right!

At the end of the day though, Hearts will officially be Champions very soon.  👍

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hardly a leap, I'm Scottish and a Hearts fan. 

Why the **** would I watch Leeds. 

😂😂

It did take them about 15 seasons to get promoted tho, not what I want for Hearts Tbh. 

Not for me. 

15 years to get promoted in the most competitive league in the world, the prize if you win it or get promoted, Promotion to the holy grail The English Premier League the most watched league in the world 🤔🙄

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah the fact Klopp has won things and tries to play the game the right way buys him time. 

Unfortunately Robbie has done neither, that is if you are saying winning the championship is some sort of achievement?. 

Nah, it's all relative tho. 

He had us 3rd, in about 2nd and going forward last time. 

He's also done what he had do in the championship this season, comfortably. 

But aye, Klopp, man City, rangers and Leeds are relevant. 

My head hurts. 

Have a good day. 👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

15 years to get promoted in the most competitive league in the world, the prize if you win it or get promoted, Promotion to the holy grail The English Premier League the most watched league in the world 🤔🙄

Cool story. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, it's all relative tho. 

He had us 3rd, in about 2nd and going forward last time. 

He's also done what he had do in the championship this season, comfortably. 

But aye, Klopp, man City, rangers and Leeds are relevant. 

My head hurts. 

Have a good day. 👍

He had us third that is correct to the worst league I've ever seen in Scottish football, he got his arse handed to him on a plate by Derek Mcinnes 😂😂 he never had the beaten of Ronny Delia celtics worst manager in recent times 🤔

He underachieved in the cups within his first spell at the club too, going out to Livingston In the petrofac Cup, and also going out of the Scottish Cup to a championship side on his return to the Scottish Premiership. 

What did he leave for the next manager coming in to build on from?.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

the same one as me. Becuase he is right

He really isn't. Not least as it could hardly have been 2 - 0 to Alloa at half time when we scored 2 goals.

20 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Henderson had nothing to do with the goal lol

This shows me what you really know about football 

With Henderson comimg out wide and dragging there right back out of alloas compact position it leaves the space in behind for Boyce to run into with a lovely pass by Andy Halliday. 

Wee tip for you😉, you don't have to touch the ball to be involved in creating a goal, your movement of the ball can open up play and space for other players to score 😉😂

Bazzas right boot

He had us third that is correct to the worst league I've ever seen in Scottish football, he got his arse handed to him on a plate by Derek Mcinnes 😂😂 he never had the beaten of Ronny Delia celtics worst manager in recent times 🤔

He underachieved in the cups within his first spell at the club too, going out to Livingston In the petrofac Cup, and also going out of the Scottish Cup to a championship side on his return to the Scottish Premiership. 

What did he leave for the next manager coming in to build on from?.

I can't follow your train of thought at all. 

Robbies last tenure had scope for improvement, it wasn't perfect but we were improving and competing at the top of the league. 

In regards to the last question are you implying that it was Robbies fault fot Cathro's failures? 

If not, what is your point. 

And if somehow you are allowing leeway for a new manager to tidy up a mess from the previous, why aren't you doing that for Robbie this season after cl/ Stendel, demotion and the championship?

You bounce about all over, there is no coherent point or structure to your debate. 

You pluck things from all over the place, some conflicting, others not making any sense and throw it together. 

CloustonHMFC
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This shows me what you really know about football 

With Henderson comimg out wide and dragging there right back out of alloas compact position it leaves the space in behind for Boyce to run into with a lovely pass by Andy Halliday. 

Wee tip for you😉, you don't have to touch the ball to be involved in creating a goal, your movement of the ball can open up play and space for other players to score 😉😂

There's absolutely no need to be a condescending a-hole.

I would say that's definitely poor defending rather than good movement from Henderson. He had a good game last night, his best for us, and I hope he proves me wrong but you're clutching at straws with that goal.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I can't follow your train of thought at all. 

Robbies last tenure had scope for improvement, it wasn't perfect but we were improving and competing at the top of the league. 

In regards to the last question are you implying that it was Robbies fault fot Cathro's failures? 

If not, what is your point. 

And if somehow you are allowing leeway for a new manager to tidy up a mess from the previous, why aren't you doing that for Robbie this season after cl/ Stendel, demotion and the championship?

You bounce about all over, there is no coherent point or structure to your debate. 

You pluck things from all over the place, some conflicting, others not making any sense and throw it together. 

Yes i blame Robbie as much as Craig as Robbie publicy came out and said he signed the players, Levein just done the contracts? He said Levein didn't interfere in teams etc so are you suggesting Levein signed all the players? And Robbie had no say?. 

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

There's absolutely no need to be a condescending a-hole.

I would say that's definitely poor defending rather than good movement from Henderson. He had a good game last night, his best for us, and I hope he proves me wrong but you're clutching at straws with that goal.

Aww you just can't admit the laddie proved you wrong, and was class last night and his movement for the first goal was key, as it left space in behind for Boyce to run into honestly🙄

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aww you just can't admit the laddie proved you wrong, and was class last night and his movement for the first goal was key, as it left space in behind for Boyce to run into honestly🙄

One performance doesn't prove anything lol I admitted he had his best performance for us and he was good last night, one performance doesn't change my opinion but I'll be absolutely delighted if he turns in performances like that on the regular.

Like one good team performance doesn't change the opinion that the manager should leave, one good individual doesn't change the opinion I have.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

They don't just press, they also dominate possession, shots and  they press and they've also had teams built by managers over a few years. 

You are correct tho- you don't get it. 

Pressing is your answer to everything, it's ridiculous, what if both teams press? 

Is your mind blown. Answer that? 

Liverpool are a good example, They  were caught out early in klopps tenure with the press ( often caught out defensively) and again this season as they've had key players injured. 

So they almost prove that to have a successful pressing team, it gets built up over years, you also dominate possession and you need the players, and the key players fit to do it properly. 

Also given the context of both clubs and ambitions, Liverpool under Klopp with fail their main goal this season, while Rab at Hearts will achieve his. 

It's a funny auld game. 

It's also  the best argument yet tho, if Liverpool, Bayern and man City can do it - we should be able to do it as well. 

You've cracked football management, nobody every would have thought of that, ever. 😂

Leeds, a team  who spent the best part of 2 decades out the top flight are not a good example either, they'd have done anything to get promoted back first time. 

Those pesky scousers how dare they be losing a game and have the audacity to press a team and attack, to then go on and win the game Jurgen Klopp you are a failure. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes i blame Robbie as much as Craig as Robbie publicy came out and said he signed the players, Levein just done the contracts? He said Levein didn't interfere in teams etc so are you suggesting Levein signed all the players? And Robbie had no say?. 

Not what I said at all. 

Not even close to what I said. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not what I said at all. 

Not even close to what I said. 

So what are you suggesting that Robbie didn't sign the players?. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So what are you suggesting that Robbie didn't sign the players?. 

Nope. Not that either. 

Promotion confirmed 👍

Nope. Not that either. 

Promotion confirmed 👍

So who should be to blame for leaving Cathro the shambles he had to inherit?. 

Bazzas right boot

So who should be to blame for leaving Cathro the shambles he had to inherit?. 

Cathro inherited a shambles? 

:notsure:

A Hearts team coming of a third place finish and currently second in the league is a shambles?

Put the glue down, you're now beyond straw clutching. 

Your just smashing a keyboard now out of anger, probably heightened by the confirmation of our promotion. 

Any credibility you had has now been lost. Gone, just like Stendel. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cathro inherited a shambles? 

:notsure:

A Hearts team coming of a third place finish and currently second in the league is a shambles?

Put the glue down, you're now beyond straw clutching. 

Your just smashing a keyboard now out of anger, probably heightened by the confirmation of our promotion. 

Any credibility you had has now been lost. Gone, just like Stendel. 

Sorry Neilson left a Hearts team in second place, but you do remember Aberdeen had two games in hand which they won putting us third?. 

Neilson was that good he didn't even recruit a left footed left back and we went years of not having one due to his neglect. He got rid of McHattie and Eckersley for Rherras 🐍

Played Liam Smith over at left back numerous times even though he wasn't comfortable playing that position, and when we did get a left footed left back, he recruited Juwon 😂😂

You keep bringing up this third place finish, tell me how far did we go in Europe?. 

But I'm the one that's on glue right 🤔

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry Neilson left a Hearts team in second place, but you do remember Aberdeen had two games in hand which they won putting us third?. 

Neilson was that good he didn't even recruit a left footed left back and we went years of not having one due to his neglect. He got rid of McHattie and Eckersley for Rherras 🐍

Played Liam Smith over at left back numerous times even though he wasn't comfortable playing that position, and when we did get a left footed left back, he recruited Juwon 😂😂

You keep bringing up this third place finish, tell me how far did we go in Europe?. 

But I'm the one that's on glue right 🤔

It finished at when you said cathro inherited a shambles. 

Utter ****ing nonsense of the highest order. 

Even for you. 

It finished at when you said cathro inherited a shambles. 

Utter ****ing nonsense of the highest order. 

Even for you. 

Aye what I've said is all wrong 🙄🤔