*****Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Alloa thread ******

Bongo 1874

Does this result even really matter anymore? 

A 5-0 win just papers over the cracks, and won't even really go as far as doing that much.

A 1-0 scrape will not provide any comfort or signs of progress.

A draw or a loss will not change anything.  We're probably not going to be caught at the top.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A 5-0 win just papers over the cracks, and won't even really go as far as doing that much.

A draw or a loss will not change anything.  We're probably not going to be caught at the top.

The cracks have already been papered over.

This season is all about getting back up then filling those cracks properly.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A loss or draw wouldn’t change anything?? Raith and Dundee will have 2 games in hand vs Arbroath/QoS and Dunfermline/Morton respectively. A Hearts loss / draw on Friday night they could both close the gap to 5 or 6 points with 3 games to play.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think it might be better to knock it down and start again. 

33 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The saddest thing about your post is that you’re spot on.

Ex member of the SaS

Still can't get my head around those claiming we won't be caught. There is nothing showing we could win any of our remaining games so why are people so confident? I posted months ago that until it's mathematically impossible I won't be counting chickens. No matter how unlikely any of the following teams are likely to win all their games and likewise it's unlikely we will loose all ours, nothing is impossible and stranger things have happened.

For me this is a must win game and if they go out and play like they have all season it COULD end in disaster. IF the players can't see the need to up their game, then they should be dumped and we should play the youth team, they will at least show some passion.

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A loss or draw wouldn’t change anything?? Raith and Dundee will have 2 games in hand vs Arbroath/QoS and Dunfermline/Morton respectively. A Hearts loss / draw on Friday night they could both close the gap to 5 or 6 points with 3 games to play.

Then they play each other. 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Still can't get my head around those claiming we won't be caught. There is nothing showing we could win any of our remaining games so why are people so confident? I posted months ago that until it's mathematically impossible I won't be counting chickens. No matter how unlikely any of the following teams are likely to win all their games and likewise it's unlikely we will loose all ours, nothing is impossible and stranger things have happened.

For me this is a must win game and if they go out and play like they have all season it COULD end in disaster. IF the players can't see the need to up their game, then they should be dumped and we should play the youth team, they will at least show some passion.

Similarly there is nothing showing that Raith or Dundee will win their remaining 5 games. Neither have been close to winning five consecutive games at any point this season. 

39 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They are more like gaping holes rather than cracks.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Similarly there is nothing showing that Raith or Dundee will win their remaining 5 games. Neither have been close to winning five consecutive games at any point this season. 

I said that in my post, however there is nothing to say they won't either. Can you with any confidence claim we will win all our or at least not lose?

How much would you have put on Brora to win?

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Their respective fixtures are as follows.

Dundee play Morton h, Dunfermline a, ICT a, Raith h, QOTS a

Raith play Arbroath h, QOTS a Alloa a, Dundee a, Hearts h

It is very unlikley that either of those two will win all these games but if we win our next two games it doesn't matter if they do.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Is that just wishful thinking or fact. The last time I looked most of the players who are out of contract are not regulars other than Irving.

The others are Berra, White, Frear, Kastaneer and Stewart.

If he wants to move anyone else on then it will cost the club a small fortune or we have to hope that these players agree to move without compensation.

Players like Halkett, Popescu, Halliday, GMS, Henderson etc still have time on their contracts, more's the pity.

Fact I'd say, we're losing around 12 players. I think a decent effort could be made to move on Popescu & Damour. Halkett is good enough as back up/cover but wouldn't stand in his way, same with Halliday. 

You can check out the out of contracts/ loan expirations on Transfermarket I think. 

3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Yes, sorry was just taking one game at a time 

Yes, I was just meaning if we win thoswe two games then the league is won and it doesn't matter what any other teams do.

It's in our own hands and if these players don't see that and try and grasp the opportunity then they are a disgrace to be wearing the Hearts strip.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Still can't get my head around those claiming we won't be caught. There is nothing showing we could win any of our remaining games so why are people so confident?

Need 4 points from 4 games and that's if either Dundee or Raith (both can't) win their last 5 matches.

Hearts have lost 1 in their last 11 league matches.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No they have another fixture each before that. Alloa vs Raith and Inverness vs Dundee

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Need 4 points from 4 games and that's if either Dundee or Raith (both can't) win their last 5 matches.

Hearts have lost 1 in their last 11 league matches.

Correct 

might it was a full season we were playing I would probably be having kittens just now but the leagues done just needs dusted 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Fact I'd say, we're losing around 12 players. I think a decent effort could be made to move on Popescu & Damour. Halkett is good enough as back up/cover but wouldn't stand in his way, same with Halliday. 

You can check out the out of contracts/ loan expirations on Transfermarket I think. 

You can yes that's where I got my information. The players I named are the only ones out of contract at the end of May or their loan period is up.

I don't doubt we will try to move a number of players on however it is easier said than done especially with players such as Damour who is no doubt on a decent wage and still has over two years left on his contract.

siegementality

If we do not win this game Neilson must be sacked as soon as the final whistle is blown. 

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

If we do not win this game Neilson must be sacked as soon as the final whistle is blown. 

That should have been the case after Brora but wasn't, won't be on Friday if we lose that as well sadly.

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They should be upping their game. 

They won't though, because they don't care. 

That has been obvious for weeks, even months. 

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That should have been the case after Brora but wasn't, won't be on Friday if we lose that as well sadly.

I think he would be sacked after the game if we don’t win. The powers that be arse’s would be panicking we aren't going to go up so would sack him hoping that would give the players a lift to go on and win enough points in last 3 games 

Sorry I should say if we get beat. 

Probably no sack him if we get a draw as Neilson would say that’s a point closer to 3 draws we need 

Edited by theshed

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

I think he would be sacked after the game if we don’t win. The powers that be arse’s would be panicking we aren't going to go up so would sack him hoping that would give the players a lift to go on and win enough points in last 3 games 

Quite possibly.

45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I said that in my post, however there is nothing to say they won't either. Can you with any confidence claim we will win all our or at least not lose?

How much would you have put on Brora to win?

If we win in Friday night, the remaining two contenders have to win all of their last 5 to finish above us. If we draw our next two the other two still have to win all their remaining games or win four, draw one and score a lot of goals. 
I put a £ on Brora at 20/1. I’ll be putting more than that on us tomorrow night. 

43 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If Dundee beat Morton at home on Saturday they'll have won four on the trot. Raith have Arbroath at home.

I'm not saying we'll hibs this but if we don't win tomorrow there's no doubt in which way each of the three teams form is heading:

image.thumb.png.02b005981b547273db61114de86772a8.png

If? 

42 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No they have another fixture each before that. Alloa vs Raith and Inverness vs Dundee

Ok, then they play each other. Same point. Extremely unlikely that both will finish above us. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, then they play each other. Same point. Extremely unlikely that both will finish above us. 

No but only 1 of them has to finish above us for the ba to be beyond burst! 

46 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If Dundee beat Morton at home on Saturday they'll have won four on the trot. Raith have Arbroath at home.

I'm not saying we'll hibs this but if we don't win tomorrow there's no doubt in which way each of the three teams form is heading:

image.thumb.png.02b005981b547273db61114de86772a8.png

If you look at remaining fixtures and want to make some money speculatively then I’d suggest you place a bet on QoS to finish second. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only need one to finish above us then we are in a play off and no chance this team is winning a play off 

Just win Tom night for gods sake is all ask 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No but only 1 of them has to finish above us for the ba to be beyond burst! 

So who should we be worried about ? 

Anyone suggesting we are home and dry needs to stick the crack pipe away. Form suggests we are not and we will toil to get the points we need to win the league. 

Bunny Munro

People worried about being caught haven't been looking at the form table.

Over the last 6 games Dundee are only 3 points better if than us, Raith and us are tied.

Dundee, played 6, 12 points.

Raith, played 6, 9 points.

Hearts, played 6, 9 points.

We're garbage, but Raith are just as bad, and Dundee aren't far ahead.

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Anyone suggesting we are home and dry needs to stick the crack pipe away. Form suggests we are not and we will toil to get the points we need to win the league. 

See the post following yours for the real ‘form’ guide. 

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So who should we be worried about ? 

We should be worried about our own ****ing team trying to win a game against plumbers.

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Over the last 6 games Dundee are only 3 points better if than us, Raith and us are tied.

That's my belief, BM.

I'm certain we're going up but it's now mostly down to the lack of consistency/ability below us.

Indeed, I don't believe either Dundee or Raith will reach our current total of 47. 

Regardless, as shite as we are, we surely have another 3/4 points in us.

Whispering Boab must go.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It’s not US who needs the points now. it’s 2 other teams who need a number of points that they are not capable of getting 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not US who needs the points now. it’s 2 other teams who need a number of points that they are not capable of getting 

I don’t believe either of those two clubs think they can catch us. They are more worried about what’s going on around them. Arbroath, Morton and Ayr will be more interested in our result tomorrow night than all the other clubs 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

If  we win tomorrow and raith/dundee drop points on saturday is there an open top bus parade on sunday?

There’ll be T shirts for sale “Heart of Midlothian Championees 2020-21 !!!!”

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

See the post following yours for the real ‘form’ guide. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You never know. It's not over until it is over and I'll not be counting my chicks at this stage given how shite we are. 

8 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

If  we win tomorrow and raith/dundee drop points on saturday is there an open top bus parade on sunday?

Alloa need the points too.

Robbo-Jambo
37 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Just as well. 

One half decent team in this league and we would have been *******. 

Bunny Munro
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just as well. 

Totally agree, I think teams like Dundee and Raith will be kicking themselves for not giving us a better challenge.

This season reminds me of 2018-2019 in many ways, our great start meant we could be dreadful for 5 months without it being a total disaster.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Form suggests we are, despite the shitshow on display we can be less than average and still win. In fact I think we already have. 

Alas folk are not sticking to raw data and allowing their optics to take over, though I totally get that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

****** off to MK Dons at the first glimpse of English knickers. 

Fo balance. 

Plane hiring goons, phoodle out manky bedsheet hanging, cry babies. 

For balance. 👍

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, hans said:

he is responsible for many of the  worst results in our history.

beating cowdenbeath 10 nil does,nt make up for it

He's responsible for the worst- Broro, beating Cathro's Peterhead result imo. 

The rest are no where near our worst. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jambof3tornado
16 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If we romp any game that is left this season I would be astonished tbh. 

To clarify, a romp for me is us getting 2 goals in a game. My standards have dropped considerably!!!

30 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just as well. 

Without Gordon we’d be ****** too. He’s won us at least 10 points