Hearts - Scottish Football Podcast

This is My Story Podcast

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly.
Not everyone is like that though unfortunately, that’s where the manager comes in. 

Can anyone seriously think that Neilson can inspire or motivate anyone? 

Agree. Due diligence needs to be better. 

I know it’s difficult in the game to get the right mix of mentalities. Clubs will sign players in different circumstances but I’d still like to think we’d know enough about the character of a player before signing.  Like you say though, that comes back to a manager who knows his stuff.

You think of some of our better sides. The spine had dogged, never say die types.  You could carry a couple of talented players who weren’t necessarily hardy, but the positive nature of the team around them rubbed off on other individuals. Even then, they’d still have a bit about them to stand up and be counted.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• This is My Story Podcast

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Idle Talk
14 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Well done. You spoke well. 

Well done. You spoke brilliantly. Had to laugh when you said to Collins that it wasn’t Robbie that got us to the final. He never answered that one. 
collins is just another failed manager / pundit who hasn’t seen us play much (if at all) and has no idea of the brutal style we are set up to play. All they do is look at the table. A bit like most unfortunately.

if Collins had been putting in to FOH and bought season tickets the last 5 years I wonder how he would feel ? Is he not an advocate of total football after all 🤣  we all know this is on Levein and Budges blind loyalty and I feel sorry for Robbie in that regard , however his insipid style of setting up is just further alienating the core support. 2 wins in 10 against the opposition in these games is not acceptable, and the simple fact is there’s been no game in that run where we can honestly say it’s been undeserved.

Levein who has all of a sudden piped up in the media is an utter disgrace when he is ultimately the one culpable for all this mess. Robbie has somehow managed to continue it though and that’s what we as hearts fans see. Season ticket sales will undoubtedly take a hit. 

10 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Well played Liam, that was very well done. You hit all the key points with facts to back them up.

In fairness to McFadden and Collins, they probably feel it their role to speak up for the manager. And it is true that the malaise at HMFC is not solely Robbie’s fault. 

Enjoyed the Pressley contribution as well. A bit of a rant and didn’t agree with all his points but good hearing him speak passionately about Hearts. Too many of these pundits fail to stick their neck out - no one can accuse Elvis of that.

very true however Pressley made an arse of it when he talked about FOH and just missed the whole point that after us chucking in £12m or so we are in the 2nd teir looking a shambles and he said we should put up or shut up (effectively). Aye ok Elvis.  Does he contribute ? Don’t get me wrong I don’t doubt his passion or love of the club (despite all the chest pumping nonsense). However , he should know better than to turn on the very fans who pump in over £120,000 a month and expect these very contributors to roll over and accept squad overhauls every 6 months and get no improvement let alone regress after every single transfer window

This is My Story Podcast
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

very true however Pressley made an arse of it when he talked about FOH and just missed the whole point that after us chucking in £12m or so we are in the 2nd teir looking a shambles and he said we should put up or shut up (effectively). Aye ok Elvis.  Does he contribute ? Don’t get me wrong I don’t doubt his passion or love of the club (despite all the chest pumping nonsense). However , he should know better than to turn on the very fans who pump in over £120,000 a month and expect these very contributors to roll over and accept squad overhauls every 6 months and get no improvement let alone regress after every single transfer window

Without defending Pressley, I don’t think he or anyone else within the media truly understand the FoH. Preston does as he contributes and when he talks about the FoH he seems to have a good understanding of it. Elvis seemed to be wanting the FoH to come out and back the manager hahaha when they represent the fan base and said fan base want Robbie gone. Strange. His passion is clear and it’s something I’d love to see more off in and around the club but we seem to prefer to have a culture of “yes” men instead. 

It would have been very dull if everyone on the show was coming from the same angle, and perhaps contrary to most folk on here I actually thought that all of the participants made what at face value would appear to be reasonable points. I am sure that supporters of other clubs may well be scratching their head wondering what exactly is our problem, and both James McFadden and especially John Collins said what a lot of them would be thinking. The point of the debate was to test the points and to allow listeners to come to their own conclusions. Liam was brilliant in that he was able to respond in an eloquent and balanced manner and crucially back up what he was saying with facts. Also contrary to what some people on here think, neither Collins nor McFadden are stupid; you could almost hear their brains ticking come the end of the show and without doubt their understanding of what is going on at Hearts has been greatly enhanced, so well done and thanks Liam. 

This is My Story Podcast
8 hours ago, henryheart said:

It would have been very dull if everyone on the show was coming from the same angle, and perhaps contrary to most folk on here I actually thought that all of the participants made what at face value would appear to be reasonable points. I am sure that supporters of other clubs may well be scratching their head wondering what exactly is our problem, and both James McFadden and especially John Collins said what a lot of them would be thinking. The point of the debate was to test the points and to allow listeners to come to their own conclusions. Liam was brilliant in that he was able to respond in an eloquent and balanced manner and crucially back up what he was saying with facts. Also contrary to what some people on here think, neither Collins nor McFadden are stupid; you could almost hear their brains ticking come the end of the show and without doubt their understanding of what is going on at Hearts has been greatly enhanced, so well done and thanks Liam. 

Yeah they are there to offer a different perspective. I also kinda expected them to stick up for the coach/manager etx with them being in the business. I enjoyed the chat.  I think you are right in saying that they probably didn’t expect to be hit with stats etc. Hopefully get invited along again. 

Horatio Caine

Bottom line is, the players have downed tools and we have to ask why.  These guys must have seen it happen elsewhere so they're bound to realise it's happening.  Liam you did really well explaining just how deep the problems run at the moment.

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Bottom line is, the players have downed tools and we have to ask why.  These guys must have seen it happen elsewhere so they're bound to realise it's happening.  Liam you did really well explaining just how deep the problems run at the moment.

The players have chucked it, you are correct. It’s been a theme for years the players just downing tools. I find it very difficult to become attached to any of our players. Obviously Gordon is the exception but even guys like Smith and Boyce, who I do like, can hide and have shockers. I blame the lack of standards across the board. The players are always protected by excuses, never thrown under the bus. Levein allowed them to hide behind the “injury” crisis and now Robbie tells them arbroath have the best home record in Europe. Covid saved loads of them from our anger as we focused our anger on the court case and forgave the players for their horror show last year. Also worth remembering this squad refused to accept the pay cuts and got the PFA involved when Budge first mentioned the pay cuts rather then deferred wages. Gordon, Boyce, Gnando and Smith I’d keep. Wouldn’t bat an eye lid at any of the rest of them leaving. 

Nookie Bear
16 hours ago, henryheart said:

Yes, sometimes it’s good to hear the opposing argument, if only because it forces you to put your case forward coherently rather than ranting on here. 

But I heard nothing from Pressley, Collins or anyone else in that show to convince me Robbie should carry on. 

I also think the stat regarding 0 game time for u-20s stopped Collins in his tracks. He will pay closer attention to this from now on, I reckon.