Hearts - Scottish Football Podcast

This is My Story Podcast

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Caller points out , the team has been changed for roughly 30 successive games : Collins "that's a manger looking for solutions and if he didn't change it, you'd be criticising him for NOT changing it". Meanwhile totally missing the point that those 30 games included a period when Hearts were actually winning games.

Whilst saying he’s doing a good job and as he’s top of the league he shouldn’t be sacked, can’t have it both ways. 
I was hoping Liam would say RN only beat Hibs to get us to the final, nothing new there 😆

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• This is My Story Podcast

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad Religion

Well said Liam, very impressive.

Distinct lack of Happy Clappers on this thread. Only one prominent one making stuff up as he goes along as per usual.

Refreshing to hear passionate voices talk about this football club on the radio. Personally, quite disgusted that Hearts didn't bother an arse to send anyone on the show. This would've been a great platform to openly discuss what's going wrong, and address the fans concerns. But alas, they're not interested. They'll no doubt wheel out some player tomorrow to talk to the EEN and tell us it's all going well and they're working hard to turn it round.

Typical shitebag behaviour from this football club. Unless those in charge get a chance to self-promote or be praised for their work, they're not interested. That in it's own right, is something I am sick to the death of and plays a huge part in the mess we're in.

Was actually quite good to hear Barry Anderson talk too. Not a Hearts fan as such, but someone very much involved with the club and totally hit the nail on the head.

Dunno how you felt @This is My Story Podcast, but I found John Collins a wee bit condescending. I hate that question he asked, 'if you know the problem then what's the solution, who would you have in as manager, DoF etc.'. That question just really misses the point of what we're going on about. As you said Liam, we want accountability. It's not about who we want in the dugout or in the boardroom. That part is up to the people who take a hefty salary from the football club to make such decisions. But if their decisions are wrong, then there needs to be responsibilty.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whilst saying he’s doing a good job and as he’s top of the league he shouldn’t be sacked, can’t have it both ways. 
I was hoping Liam would say RN only beat Hibs to get us to the final, nothing new there 😆

If Collins didn't have self-contradiction he wouldn't have anything. A load of cliched drivel, as expected from "football men". 

This is My Story Podcast
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Refreshing to hear passionate voices talk about this football club on the radio. Personally, quite disgusted that Hearts didn't bother an arse to send anyone on the show. This would've been a great platform to openly discuss what's going wrong, and address the fans concerns. But alas, they're not interested. They'll no doubt wheel out some player tomorrow to talk to the EEN and tell us it's all going well and they're working hard to turn it round.

Typical shitebag behaviour from this football club. Unless those in charge get a chance to self-promote or be praised for their work, they're not interested. That in it's own right, is something I am sick to the death of and plays a huge part in the mess we're in.

Was actually quite good to hear Barry Anderson talk too. Not a Hearts fan as such, but someone very much involved with the club and totally hit the nail on the head.

Dunno how you felt @This is My Story Podcast, but I found John Collins a wee bit condescending. I hate that question he asked, 'if you know the problem then what's the solution, who would you have in as manager, DoF etc.'. That question just really misses the point of what we're going on about. As you said Liam, we want accountability. It's not about who we want in the dugout or in the boardroom. That part is up to the people who take a hefty salary from the football club to make such decisions. But if their decisions are wrong, then there needs to be responsibilty.

I find that “what’s the solution” question total deflection. I am a fan on a podcast, if the club are looking for me to solve their problems then we are in a worse position than I thought haha. 

In Faddy and Collins defence, neither are jambos and neither actually care about what’s going on at hearts. They’ve seen the Brora result, looked at the league table and decided that our anger isn’t justified. It was good to be able to put our thoughts across and hopefully let other hearts minded media guys potentially break ranks so to speak. I thought Allan Preston spoke amazingly well on open all mics a few weeks ago but again it was just breezed over as we are winning the league, smile and get on with it. 

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

It's worth going back to Ann's statement on this. She is arguing that the club as a whole, not just commercial, not just football, needs to be part of the same cohesive plan.

"We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club. We have some excellent young players, who have done us proud in the last season. We owe it to them to create an environment that will help them to continue to flourish and develop. This will take time, patience and the continued loyal support of Hearts' dedicated fan base. We will implement strategies to grow and strengthen the club. We will live within in our means to ensure that the future of the club is never again put in jeopardy.

We must ensure we have a clear footballing strategy that drives every aspect of our game; everything from who we recruit into our club, from youth academy through to first team players; how we approach coaching, at all age groups and all levels; how we undertake training? and indeed, what kind of football we play at Hearts.

There must be a totally cohesive plan that ties all aspects of our club together. Everyone must be pulling in the same direction."

Yeah i know what she says about re-vitalising the football club (thats not a dig).

Its the specificity of five year plan and people who say - Levein , Cathro , five year plan that pisses me off especially in digging at AB when its tossed around without any substance to the actual statement.

They should be done together and the football side feed off the commercial side’s success.

What is never brought up is also the decimation to the football side of the club. That required rebuilding. No scouting network at all , no academy. 

Often feels like we ran before we could walk with things by pushing to get all these back in place. 

That does not excuse where we are now and to me makes it seem as much like we tried to juggle too many balls with too few correct people. Hopefully Savage can make a big difference to that. The last part of what you posted is something that really has not happened or did but then went out the window quickly. The philosophy of it is superb , the execution far less so.   

1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

Would imagine that this may take some time to rectify, you would only be able to change contacts depending on when the old ones are up for renewal.

Indeed , We have to commend the club on trying to give the players a solid basis but it hasn’t worked. 

If it was me and I am giving my all and someone who will end up with the same wage as me if we win but isnt bothering their arse as they will get that same wage if we lose is in The team performing like that Id be ripping into them as Id expect others to be doing. It will cause division. Add that to covid protocols and any division will not repair easily.

This is My Story Podcast
12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Very well played by Liam in that discussion.    Man of the Match performance.  :notworthy:  You did exactly the right thing by being prepared with these stats in front of you.

If Hearts refused to put someone into the discussion when invited, then they will at least  have known the program was happening and hopefully AB or someone on the board was listening in ...... and hopefully it shocked them. 

This isn’t to make me seem unprepared or better than anyone but I tweeted kenny Mac at 6:14, I was on the show by 6:25, I had no chance to prep anything. The sad indictment is that if anyone on these shows spent more than 2 minutes looking across hearts twitter etc they’d have found all the stats themselves. It took me about 15 minutes before our own podcast one night to find the worst run in our history stat. I looked on @Amoruso Lets it Run ...twitter and site and had a quick search across social media to pull other stats. It was hardly forensic digging and that’s what’s sad. 

Thanks tho for the feedback I really enjoyed the opportunity. Let’s hope others start to call the club out. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If Collins didn't have self-contradiction he wouldn't have anything. A load of cliched drivel, as expected from "football men". 

Definitely. 

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

People forget that pre covid the club was in the middle of investigating the “football department” and were going to release a document detailing its failings and short comings. That’s went silent. 

Could it be they found they were he problem?

9 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I find that “what’s the solution” question total deflection. I am a fan on a podcast, if the club are looking for me to solve their problems then we are in a worse position than I thought haha. 

In Faddy and Collins defence, neither are jambos and neither actually care about what’s going on at hearts. They’ve seen the Brora result, looked at the league table and decided that our anger isn’t justified. It was good to be able to put our thoughts across and hopefully let other hearts minded media guys potentially break ranks so to speak. I thought Allan Preston spoke amazingly well on open all mics a few weeks ago but again it was just breezed over as we are winning the league, smile and get on with it. 

In a nutshell.

7 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

To be fair, McFadden seemed to make an attempt. Collins just seemed dumbfounded by it all. Can't tell if he's just acting like a Hibs **** or genuinely doesn't get our points.

For people like Collins, who really can't understand where we're coming from:

In 2014, Budge came to the club with a 5 year plan of us being one of the top teams in the country. In 2021, we're back in the 2nd tier. It's honestly that simple.

17 minutes ago, Locky said:

Barry Anderson takes a kicking a lot but he was involved in scouting for us at one point and was managing one of the local youth teams which put players to Hearts through him. Would be interesting to see a piece from him on how that worked and how he sees things working now as youth development is something a lot of people bring up regularly. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Barry Anderson takes a kicking a lot but he was involved in scouting for us at one point and was managing one of the local youth teams which put players to Hearts through him. Would be interesting to see a piece from him on how that worked and how he sees things working now as youth development is something a lot of people bring up regularly. 

I never actually knew that. That's interesting. I've never understood the slagging for Anderson on here. Always got his finger on the pulse at Hearts, and after last night, clearly not someone just happy to cosy up to the club just to get an inside scoop. If he's been involved in football in the past too, he's a lot more than just a daft writer for the paper.

Well played Liam, that was very well done. You hit all the key points with facts to back them up.

In fairness to McFadden and Collins, they probably feel it their role to speak up for the manager. And it is true that the malaise at HMFC is not solely Robbie’s fault. 

Enjoyed the Pressley contribution as well. A bit of a rant and didn’t agree with all his points but good hearing him speak passionately about Hearts. Too many of these pundits fail to stick their neck out - no one can accuse Elvis of that.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Banderson was poor when he was banging on about “I think they need to clear the players out first and foremost” these folk just don’t grasp the fact that the fans already know a player clearout is a 100% given, it’s about who is the right man after that to firstly get the players brought in the building who will get Hearts competing in the scrap for Europe and Hampden next season, and secondly coach those players into a coherent philosophy and way of playing that suits Tynecastle and can adapt on the road.  The answer is, not Robbie Neilson 

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , We have to commend the club on trying to give the players a solid basis but it hasn’t worked. 

If it was me and I am giving my all and someone who will end up with the same wage as me if we win but isnt bothering their arse as they will get that same wage if we lose is in The team performing like that Id be ripping into them as Id expect others to be doing. It will cause division. Add that to covid protocols and any division will not repair easily.

Yeah agree, club trying to be fair to players, but in a results based industry, lower salary bigger bonuses is the way to go. Imagine all those city traders salespeople getting a decent monthly wage, no productivity incentive. 

7 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Thought you spoke really well 👏🏻👏🏻

Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Banderson was poor when he was banging on about “I think they need to clear the players out first and foremost” these folk just don’t grasp the fact that the fans already know a player clearout is a 100% given, it’s about who is the right man after that to firstly get the players brought in the building who will get Hearts competing in the scrap for Europe and Hampden next season, and secondly coach those players into a coherent philosophy and way of playing that suits Tynecastle and can adapt on the road.  The answer is, not Robbie Neilson 

He can’t outright say “they need to empty the manager”. He still needs to interview Neilson numerous times a week. 

Auldbenches
4 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

That was a great listen. Measured, articulate and armed to the teeth with stats and knowledge. The FoH would do very well to speak to Liam about having fan representation on their board. 

If the op isn't a busy man, he is guaranteed to get enough support if he puts himself forward for anything.  

To not involve someone like that in anyway is a total waste.  

There is not a single thing he didn't get the better of them on.

The Apprentice

Very well done to Liam.

Absolutely pointless having the likes of Collins and McFadden on trying to discuss the points/stats put to them when they have no idea (or lets be honest, interest) in what goes on at Hearts.  McFadden I am slightly more surprised about as he's seen first hand how poor some of our performances have been this season.

10 minutes ago, Locky said:

I never actually knew that. That's interesting. I've never understood the slagging for Anderson on here. Always got his finger on the pulse at Hearts, and after last night, clearly not someone just happy to cosy up to the club just to get an inside scoop. If he's been involved in football in the past too, he's a lot more than just a daft writer for the paper.

Yeah he put my mate to Hearts although he wasn’t picked up and ended up at Hibs (something he will get tight every day for the rest of his life - as he is a massive jambo - I always make a point of telling him I couldn’t have gone to Hibs the wee traitor - shite as it is , if your in the game you can only go where you are wanted)

I don’t get the seethe for him but we as Hearts fans aren’t known for balance , if you don’t scream for murder you are a happy clapper so anyone in the media who doesn’t go all out machete to everyones necks is complicit in the minds of most.

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not sure what you are on about I don’t pay much attention to the media. Ill listen to Liams bit at some point because it interests me and the passion from fans when laid out well is always worth listening too. 
Footballers are footballers you can almost always tell what they will say , something levelled at Faddy , Levein , Pressley etc this week. Guilty of it myself at times on here although I do try to be balanced. There is a difference between footballer cliches and being sycophantic about things. 

However what you said ties in with what Under the floodlight and I were taking about wages and contracts. Safe contracts will never result in the same passion in a results driven business. How we are structured if accurate as mentioned previously will also lead to division in the squad. The quality of the squad is not as poor as the results. The answer find the reason why and fix it. It is not our place to find that , nor can you just blame RN - its an impossible situation for him now and I know he will be devastated if/when he leaves as his goal was regular European Football , Youth development and pride in playing for Hearts , JS is getting it tight too , yet hes only a couple of months into his role and some of the things coming out suggest he is making or wanting changes. 

6 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Yeah agree, club trying to be fair to players, but in a results based industry, lower salary bigger bonuses is the way to go. Imagine all those city traders salespeople getting a decent monthly wage, no productivity incentive. 

Agreed 💯, something I have no doubt is contributing to the malaise and also to any fracture in the squad. Iv asked mysef numerous times why we havent seen double training sessions. Even with covid I can’t see that being impossible. 

Mars plastic
11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

If the op isn't a busy man, he is guaranteed to get enough support if he puts himself forward for anything.  

To not involve someone like that in anyway is a total waste.  

There is not a single thing he didn't get the better of them on.

Exactly. For Liam to go on there at 10 mins notice and rip McFadden and Collins a new one, without sounding like that rabid fan in the pub, is of great credit to him. Said exactly what we all think, well, apart from the folk who voted for Neilson to get another shot in the big league next season.

7 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Can i just say unlike some clowns on here you give a fair opinion on Hearts, and i enjoy a lot of your work, far better than the likes of Craig Fowler etc and a few others that pretend they know how supporters feel, one of the very few that get it 👍 keep doing it i hope you go far with what your doing. 

You have already had Jamie Walker on and that went well 👍

All the best Bongo 1874.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Nelly Terraces
43 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Top work.

Someone should send that over to the likes of Collins & McFadden. Then it might get into their tiny minds why the overwhelming majority of the Hearts support have rightfully lost all patience with the current regime & the way it's managing the club. 

This is My Story Podcast
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can i just say unlike some clowns on here you give a fair opinion on Hearts, and i enjoy a lot of your work, far better than the likes of Craig Fowler etc and a few others that pretend they know how supporters feel, one of the very few that get it 👍 keep doing it i hope you go far with what your doing. 

You have already had Jamie Walker on and that went well 👍

All the best Bongo 1874.

Cheers lad. Am just a regular Joe. I work

my job and at the weekends like all us love going and watching the famous. The pod started cause we missed talking to each other and having a laugh at the games and pubs etc. Never expected it would be liked let alone listened to haha. Thanks for the comment tho, I appreciate it. 

18 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Very well done to Liam.

Absolutely pointless having the likes of Collins and McFadden on trying to discuss the points/stats put to them when they have no idea (or lets be honest, interest) in what goes on at Hearts.  McFadden I am slightly more surprised about as he's seen first hand how poor some of our performances have been this season.

Think if they could get Stevo and Pressley on that might make for an interesting discussion. 

Pressley will not criticise Robbie, Stevo might but both fully understand the expectation of playing for Hearts. Hopefully they get Liam on again, I was really really impressed to hear a fan speak coherently and articulate the feelings of supporters backed up with facts and figures. I think too much of Scottish football media is clouded by only seeing things through an OF lense and its outrageous to think that a non-OF side might demand standards from its employees. Clearly, none of the folk on the programme had done any research at all into why the fans are so pissed off (which considering they're paid is actually a pretty offensive use of our license fee money). 

Mars plastic
51 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Like it. That #respecttherivalry is beyond nauseating. I'm sure it's a big thing at Thursday night Bridge Club mind.

9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Top work.

Someone should send that over to the likes of Collins & McFadden. Then it might get into their tiny minds why the overwhelming majority of the Hearts support have rightfully lost all patience with the current regime & the way it's managing the club. 

Unfortunately not my work - it's off Twitter. 

The Apprentice
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think if they could get Stevo and Pressley on that might make for an interesting discussion. 

Pressley will not criticise Robbie, Stevo might but both fully understand the expectation of playing for Hearts. Hopefully they get Liam on again, I was really really impressed to hear a fan speak coherently and articulate the feelings of supporters backed up with facts and figures. I think too much of Scottish football media is clouded by only seeing things through an OF lense and its outrageous to think that a non-OF side might demand standards from its employees. Clearly, none of the folk on the programme had done any research at all into why the fans are so pissed off (which considering they're paid is actually a pretty offensive use of our license fee money). 

I made the point on the Pressley thread that you hardly ever get any current or ex-professionals criticising each other, especially when they are looking to get back into a job somewhere.  Ultimately they never know when they'll need to call on a favour from each other so its much easier that way.

Absolutely agree with the highlighted part.  Considering it was 10 mins notice and (with total respect to Liam) an average punter on a live radio show against two fairly big names in Scottish football who he put in their place, he did brilliantly.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting listen. 

Don't think anyone spoke badly, what I've maintained all along, for reasons shown in this broadcast, you don't sack him now, whatever you think of media, its not great being seen broadly as a basket case. And that's exactly what you will get. People will choose Hibs or Aberdeen based on a stable environment. I know I would avoid Sunderland as an example. Some seethe about that on another thread, but we do need to be self aware. 

Some really good stuff on the revolving door and accountability, you could argue sacking another manager is contrary to that argument but sadly it must happen again. 

Rocky road ahead but as the pundits did correctly mention it does need stability. 

Personally don't think we are anywhere near it myself, the next incumbents have their work cut out. 

Its a mess, if Budge has the sense, she will step further into the shadows, but the club needs a spokesperson badly, the transparency promised in 2014 is the muddiest of puddles in 2021 to which end she has let herself down badly. 

Tennant's  6's
36 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Cheers lad. Am just a regular Joe. I work

my job and at the weekends like all us love going and watching the famous. The pod started cause we missed talking to each other and having a laugh at the games and pubs etc. Never expected it would be liked let alone listened to haha. Thanks for the comment tho, I appreciate it. 

Well you've probably gained a few more listeners, I know that I'll be checking out your podcast, as I've only listened to the Scarves around the Funnel up until now.

You spoke well and managed to get some facts to the ever so slightly pompous Collins too  👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

It is a problem in my opinion but only because we have signed players with the wrong attitude. The only big club that has a low wage big bonus structure is Spurs and they didn’t even bother to build a trophy room in their new stadium 😆😜
Teams like Man City, Utd, Barca, Madrid, Munich, PSG don’t pay low wage high bonus, even the uglies don’t do it.
But they usually sign players with the right attitude and have managers with charisma that inspire players who trust them. We don’t either of those. 

Well done, Liam.

On the transparency thing about statements etc... I do agree with Collins that it’s about timing. Some things stay behind closed doors but there are times you need solid words in the open. Maybe even cut throat, decisive actions.

This is where I don’t think we have the leader at the top. Someone who knows how to cajole the whole situation from fans anger and demands, and to what you say in the media. 

Fans are your bread and butter. They are the first ones you want to stick a lollipop in their mouth and see them happily on their way. I get the feeling that’s not the strategy or outlook though.  

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is a problem in my opinion but only because we have signed players with the wrong attitude. The only big club that has a low wage big bonus structure is Spurs and they didn’t even bother to build a trophy room in their new stadium 😆😜
Teams like Man City, Utd, Barca, Madrid, Munich, PSG don’t pay low wage high bonus, even the uglies don’t do it.
But they usually sign players with the right attitude and have managers with charisma that inspire players who trust them. We don’t either of those. 

Attitude is key, I get your point about the players at the big clubs but they are normally highly motivated individuals. I always admired Ronaldo, Messi and Beckham and others to still have the motivation when they were still at their peak, unfortunately we are looking at a different type of older player many of who are mercenary. Personally I prefer younger hungry players who wants to step up, alongside a couple of older heads, although this isn't easy.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Well played Liam, that was very well done. You hit all the key points with facts to back them up.

In fairness to McFadden and Collins, they probably feel it their role to speak up for the manager. And it is true that the malaise at HMFC is not solely Robbie’s fault. 

Enjoyed the Pressley contribution as well. A bit of a rant and didn’t agree with all his points but good hearing him speak passionately about Hearts. Too many of these pundits fail to stick their neck out - no one can accuse Elvis of that.

If Phressley had kept the anger up and tore Levein a new one when on it I’d be halfway on the way to forgiving him. As it was his tone changed momentarily when he asked Craig a question then went back into rant mode. Kinda lost interest in his points then. 

Japan Jambo
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If Phressley had kept the anger up and tore Levein a new one when on it I’d be halfway on the way to forgiving him. As it was his tone changed momentarily when he asked Craig a question then went back into rant mode. Kinda lost interest in his points then. 

Aye, wasn't an oscar winning performance was it!!!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

Attitude is key, I get your point about the players at the big clubs but they are normally highly motivated individuals. I always admired Ronaldo, Messi and Beckham and others to still have the motivation when they were still at their peak, unfortunately we are looking at a different type of older player many of who are mercenary. Personally I prefer younger hungry players who wants to step up, alongside a couple of older heads, although this isn't easy.

Roy Keane said recently he didn’t need anything manager to motivate him, that comes from your personality/pride/upbringing etc. We don’t have many of that type of player which puts even more emphasis on the manager. Out of our recent crop only Stendel managed to motivate some of them. 
The new assistant to Savage will need to look at the character of the players not just a YouTube video. 
Yeah a younger energetic well motivated team with a few older heads is the best way, we must have the oldest squad in the country if not the most amount of players around 30 yo. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Roy Keane said recently he didn’t need anything manager to motivate him, that comes from your personality/pride/upbringing etc. We don’t have many of that type of player which puts even more emphasis on the manager. Out of our recent crop only Stendel managed to motivate some of them. 
The new assistant to Savage will need to look at the character of the players not just a YouTube video. 
Yeah a younger energetic well motivated team with a few older heads is the best way, we must have the oldest squad in the country if not the most amount of players around 30 yo. 

Caught Keane saying recently that he and many others trained like it was a game at Man U.  He wasn’t talking about training games, everything counted. The running drills, passing exercises.  No going through the motions. 

You don’t need to be a Man U player to be like that.  It’s the attitude you bring to your work no matter the club. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Caught Keane saying recently that he and many others trained like it was a game at Man U.  He wasn’t talking about training games, everything counted. The running drills, passing exercises.  No going through the motions. 

You don’t need to be a Man U player to be like that.  It’s the attitude you bring to your work no matter the club. 

Exactly.
Not everyone is like that though unfortunately, that’s where the manager comes in. 

Can anyone seriously think that Neilson can inspire or motivate anyone? 

Good work!

Not sure it's been mentioned above but did anyone notice when John Collins asked "which manager in the world has been sacked top of the league?"..................... eh Ronny Delia who you were assistant manager with. Utter welt

This is My Story Podcast
7 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Good work!

Not sure it's been mentioned above but did anyone notice when John Collins asked "which manager in the world has been sacked top of the league?"..................... eh Ronny Delia who you were assistant manager with. Utter welt

Haha the irony wasn’t lost on me either haha. Also him trying to pretend that having 4 games to go and having no clue the best 11 or formation somehow shows Robbie is changing things for the best to get better performances haha. No bother John. 

4 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Haha the irony wasn’t lost on me either haha. Also him trying to pretend that having 4 games to go and having no clue the best 11 or formation somehow shows Robbie is changing things for the best to get better performances haha. No bother John. 

I know. I honestly thought you could have hit him with all the statistics of why its been awful and he would some how still defend Neilson. At one point he was saying "but you took Celtic to pen" aye but that was months ago, and following that has been awful football and WEVE JUST BEEN BEATEN BY BRORA, he just wasn't willing to see it from your point of view. 

It did make me think of the Delia situation. Similar situation where winning the league was a formality because budget dwarved the rest of the league but did crap in cups (and Europe). Barely a peep in support for him when he was sacked but Neilson seems to be defended constantly by pundits. 

This is My Story Podcast
13 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

I know. I honestly thought you could have hit him with all the statistics of why its been awful and he would some how still defend Neilson. At one point he was saying "but you took Celtic to pen" aye but that was months ago, and following that has been awful football and WEVE JUST BEEN BEATEN BY BRORA, he just wasn't willing to see it from your point of view. 

It did make me think of the Delia situation. Similar situation where winning the league was a formality because budget dwarved the rest of the league but did crap in cups (and Europe). Barely a peep in support for him when he was sacked but Neilson seems to be defended constantly by pundits. 

Collins would’ve been on the first sportsound in the wake of us winning the cup against Celtic demanding Lennon left for losing to us haha the irony wasn’t lost on me. 

I honestly thought they maybe expected me to be like a bam from the pub that they could’ve talked down from my stance on the club. They seemed genuinely taken a back a bit.