Hearts - Scottish Football Podcast

This is My Story Podcast

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Collins clearly does no research and thinks he can waltz on and say whatever he wants cause of his status in the game. As I said a few posts back, he's just a squareheed plonker. 

Pressley came across a bit wild tbh. Not sure if he'd had a few before he spoke. 

Yup the whole 'Jobs for the boys' and OF forelock tugging shtick is precisely why I don't want someone from inside the bubble as our next manager. The majority of managers in the EPL aren't English and they do just fine... why is domestic experience such a prerequisite in Scotland, perhaps it's so that they 'know their place' from day 1?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• This is My Story Podcast

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mars plastic

That was a great listen. Measured, articulate and armed to the teeth with stats and knowledge. The FoH would do very well to speak to Liam about having fan representation on their board. 

Prince Buaben

Well done Corbett. Good points. The panel just doesn't get it or understand.

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup the whole 'Jobs for the boys' and OF forelock tugging shtick is precisely why I don't want someone from inside the bubble as our next manager. The majority of managers in the EPL aren't English and they do just fine... why is domestic experience such a prerequisite in Scotland, perhaps it's so that they 'know their place' from day 1?

I'd say that is definitely a factor. 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Collins clearly does no research and thinks he can waltz on and say whatever he wants cause of his status in the game. As I said a few posts back, he's just a squareheed plonker. 

Pressley came across a bit wild tbh. Not sure if he'd had a few before he spoke. 

Tbh the Pressley thing, sometimes on podcasts they try to get that type of drama on the go, it’s an entertainment show after all. It was probably at least partially rehearsed, felt like that to me anyway. 

As for Collins I thought he mostly just was the same as any ex manager they just always look to defend the manager against fans who don’t know the internal situations at training. I never hold that against these types of pundit but the tide is turning with the voice of fans IMO, @This is My Story Podcast was a good spokesperson for the fans, we are not idiots we are watching every minute of ever player that pulls on our shirt. And we’re obsessed with it. I was struck by how genuinely disappointed Collins was to hear about the youth situation. And both he and faddy had no choice to admit, for a club like Hearts, recent seasons have been a golden opportunity to blood more young players and get them more games. Dozens of Journeymen have come in and got far more minutes and drawn astronomical sums more money out of the club than youth players. If nothing else it would have been pleasing to just think how much Lewis Moore would cherish every game he got this season even if he ended up moving on like a Billy king or a Kevin Mchattie.  Rather watch him give 100% and pay him a wage, than see absolute jokers come in like Frear and on top of that you’ve got the Damours and Martins of the world. Sickening. 

This is My Story Podcast
14 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

That was a great listen. Measured, articulate and armed to the teeth with stats and knowledge. The FoH would do very well to speak to Liam about having fan representation on their board. 

Am after the managers job 😂

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

apart from the point that most of it was directed towards supporting neilson. He is a part of the problem

But did Pressley not get asked "do you think Neilson is doing a good job?" and he completely avoided answering the question?

I think Collins was appalled by the stat regarding game time for the u20s.

I happened to listen to the podcast this morning and messaged my laddie to listen in. Delighted to hear someone speak clearly and in measured tones about just why Hearts fans are frustrated.

SectionDJambo

Well done Liam. It can’t be easy arguing football with people who have some standing within Scottish football, and can always come across as having superior knowledge.

I would not expect John Collins to have a clue about Hearts, as he clearly hasn’t. He called one of our better teams a pub team as I recall.

James McFadden has been commenting on how slow and predictable Hearts are almost every Friday evening Hearts are on, yet he makes no comment on this radio programme to that effect.

Steven Pressley is of the view that the FOH members would be entitled to have a full members vote to sack people at various times during a season, whereas surely board members would be appointed to make decisions over a given period. Nobody thinks that all the fans will actually be collectively running the club. We’ll appoint people to do it, who will have to seek re-election after agreed periods.

The statistics that Liam quoted, whilst not surprising, were quite staggering.

TyphoonJambo

I agree with everyone's comment. You done well Liam,and maybe you managed to get everyone else thinking about failure and uninspiring football, well beyond the Btora result.

It was an excellent contribution. I have to say Kenny Mac has gone up in my estimations as he has been quoting tweets from Hearts fans a lot in the last few weeks. He obviously likes setting up a good debate but he has does well at giving the fans a voice. A welcome change from the pundits who almost all follow the same script (promotion is all that matters, Robbie is a good guy etc.)  

I loved the line about Stendel getting him to the Cup final... to be fair Neilson did win the Hibs game. But still it is an excellent point and often forgotten.

Edited by gnasher75

3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09cx3df 

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Well done mate. You stood out from the usual guff...!

Presley came across as a desperate also ran.

Shame the club wouldn't participate.....

47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

My interpretation of that would be that it’s possible there are changes on the horizon and they didn’t want to put someone up who would be expected to support the current manager or potentially spills the beans if he’s not staying. We’re not usually so shy about putting someone up to take part in these programs to defend the club. Even the lack of a short statement anywhere, not just for this show, in support of Neilson is very telling.

I thought the same. Maybe wishful thinking but we'll see in due course.

18Jambo_dave74

Would echo everyone's comments - you spoke very well and laid out the facts. It's a pity you didn't get to speak for longer as there are more points that could be made. Very important to make it clear that whilst a lot of people want Neilson gone, the problems run deeper and have been ongoing for years. 

I wouldn't expect Collins to understand wanting to sack a manager who is top of the league. He was assistant to Deila and they won the league two years in a row - going by the logic used, surely it was a mistake for Celtic to let him go and replace him with Rodgers?

I notice McFadden also commented that Roberts is doing very well at Motherwell. Surely that proves the point regarding Neilson? Doing well in the top league but look utterly hopeless for us in the league below against dross. 

kingantti1874

Again thought Liam did great and really enjoy the this is my story podcast as well.

The panel also seem to forget that we were knocked out of the league cup by Alloa.  Knocked out of of both cup Alloa and Brora  Rangers in the same season 😂 added to loses a dropped points again Queen of the south *2, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Raith, Morton, Dundee, Ayr United. And a full season of insipid slugball.

if rangers or Celtic were knocked out the cup by Dunfermline and Stranraer do you think anyone on the panel would suggest anything other than recognise that they had to go?

The gap between old firm wage bill and our ( 4/5 times bigger) and our wage bill with Alloa and Brora (30/40 times bigger) makes that comparison even worse.

its failure - on a spectacular level

Tennant's  6's

:bravo:

You spoke well pal,  clear, concise & got your points across.

You handled yourself better than Gary(?) Halliday did last wk. 

Fair play to you 👍

15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Well done Liam. It can’t be easy arguing football with people who have some standing within Scottish football, and can always come across as having superior knowledge.

I would not expect John Collins to have a clue about Hearts, as he clearly hasn’t. He called one of our better teams a pub team as I recall.

James McFadden has been commenting on how slow and predictable Hearts are almost every Friday evening Hearts are on, yet he makes no comment on this radio programme to that effect.

Steven Pressley is of the view that the FOH members would be entitled to have a full members vote to sack people at various times during a season, whereas surely board members would be appointed to make decisions over a given period. Nobody thinks that all the fans will actually be collectively running the club. We’ll appoint people to do it, who will have to seek re-election after agreed periods.

The statistics that Liam quoted, whilst not surprising, were quite staggering.

I was also disappointed with McFadden, as you say he’s watched and commentated on the poor showings. Iirc when Ryan Stevenson slaughtered the team McFadden backed him up.

Collins is an arrogant condescending dick, it puts me off listening to the show when he’s on. 

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Appreciate the feed back guys. 

Gotta say that one of the things that has annoyed all of us is just how easy all the info I shared last night is to find. It literally took ten minutes to find. These problems are in plain sight, sadly no one seems to care other than Ryan Stevenson and strangely Allan Preston, who gets pelters from the fan base but he’s been the only constant voice really over the years calling stuff out. 

My biggest worry right now isn’t the style of play or the stuttering nature of Hearts. It is that over the past 7 years we have slowly but surely took away big parts of our own history and standing within the game. Yeah we like to shout from the roof tops that we are the countries 3rd biggest club, stats back that up. 1970-1985 the darkest years in the clubs history. 2014-2021 is chasing that down as we speak. 2 seasons in the championship, an average league placing of 8th, no trophies (that’s hardly a stick to beat us with I know) one season in europe. And the WORST part about it all, we’ve never been on a more stable financial footing. Imagine if Mercer, Robinson and Vlad had the financial stability Budge currently has. I’d be willing to bet we’d be getting more bang for our buck. 

Spot on.  

It’s crazy we have pundits (and certain ‘not the brightest’ hearts fans) that think we should all be buzzing that we are winning the championship :rofl:

3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I was invited onto Sportsound last night to talk about Hearts. On the panel was myself, Kenny Macintyre, John Collins, Faddy and Barry Anderson. 

Tried to get the point across that this isn’t a knee jerk reaction to Brora and that Hearts fans have had concerns building for years. 

Absolutely superb representation of how we are all feeling 👏🏻👍

KyleLafferty

I am Sick to death about people Saying we need to overhaul. Robbie Neilsons job is to

coach players and make them better. Rodgers, Gerrard(Micheal Beale), Calum Davidson and even Goodwin has came into Scottish football and made players better. Stendel even made some Of our players better, Clare being the main one. 

We can’t get rid of 11-15 Players and bring a new team in every season, get a manger who can ****ing coach.

Pasquale for King

What can a manager do if a player hits the first defender 5 times on the trot ;-

1, Shout at him to get it over. 
2, Tell someone else to take it. 
3, Work on it enough in training that it’s like second nature to do so. 

Thank **** McFadden isn’t coaching anymore. 

Pressley hit a few targets like Budge and Levein but missed a few too in his defence of his pal, who is clearly  feeding him information. 

Hearts have sacked two managers that have been top of the league. 

We needed experienced players in to get us up, we had an experienced squad and we now must have the oldest in Scotland, or the biggest amount of players around and over 30+. 

We already do pick the board by voting for them to continue in position. 

Collins can’t get a job in football, like most of the pundits on the BBC. 

Well done Liam you were brilliant, despite the sighs and the usual “you’ve not been in football so you don’t understand” crap. 

Liam's point on Sportsound about being 7 years into a 5 year plan struck home with me and I searched out Ann Budge's statement from (nearly) 7 years ago.

"Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future." Ann Budge 12 May 2014

Ann Budge has done a terrific job on the commercial side, and that has bought her a lot of credit amongst supporters. She would be well advised to re-read what she said back then, identify just how far off the rails her plan on the football side has gone, and decide whether she has any role to play in the future on getting the football back on track.
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The moment that stood out for me, McFadden and Collins were both trying to defend things from the pros point of view and explain how difficult it is with things a manager can’t control.

But when you made the comment about how the FoH founding statement wanted a club built on youth, and we’ve seen no debuts in the last 2 seasons, with 100 odd journeymen brought in and mostly binned, Collins had no response to it, he just said “well that is disappointing... that is very disappointing to hear” you could tell collins genuinely was disappointed to hear it even though he is no fan of Hearts.

The thing with the ex pro’s is most of them have zero clue what we’ve been putting up with. That’s what Liam certainly put across and you can hear their surprise when it’s laid out. I don’t think anyone outwith our support (and even myself at times if you watch a game from a couple of years ago it’s a completely different team every game you watch) has any idea the amount of players and staff turnover. 
It’s been ludicrous. I’d like to hear them haul Levein over the coals about it next time he starts waffling on and the pish about how he tried everything.
This is pretty much all yours Craig. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Liam's point on Sportsound about being 7 years into a 5 year plan struck home with me and I searched out Ann Budge's statement from (nearly) 7 years ago.

"Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future." Ann Budge 12 May 2014

Ann Budge has done a terrific job on the commercial side, and that has bought her a lot of credit amongst supporters. She would be well advised to re-read what she said back then, identify just how far off the rails her plan on the football side has gone, and decide whether she has any role to play in the future on getting the football back on track.
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement

One of the problems that is not mentioned is the wage structure. This season we have two types of contract running. Those that are still on high basic and low bonus and those on low basic and high bonus. Makes for us and them mentality and splits dressing room. 

This is My Story Podcast
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

"7 years into a 5 year plan" was the line of the night. 

Just a few words that mean so much.

People forget that pre covid the club was in the middle of investigating the “football department” and were going to release a document detailing its failings and short comings. That’s went silent. 

4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Just listened to it and huge congratulations for getting across the frustrations the fans are feeling, not only toward the club but also the media for failing to appreciate the depth and length of decline we have faced over a period of years.

It was refreshing to listen to someone who had clearly done their homework and was very well informed, unlike the usual suspects who are normally on the broadcast media, and like to spout their cliched platitudes. I appreciated the explanation of the decline in performance since our last Championship season being spelled out with irrefutable facts which none of the other panelists were able to dispute. Your passion and desire for a successful Hearts was there for all to see and was all the more powerful because you avoided coming over as a drama queen demanding attention, something certain members of the media accuse Hearts supporters of being. If anyone sums up the lazy, clueless approach taken by broadcasters to the situation at Hearts, then it must be the rather dim John Collins, and he was badly exposed by you last night, thank you.

Any self respecting journalist ought to be able to detail the  terrible decline the football side of our club has suffered since the early heady days of Ann Budge's tenure, and expose it in print for what it has been. If they are struggling to manage that, perhaps they could contact you for help and advice.

Well done again mate👍

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I had a chuckle to myself at the idea of them trying to deflect from Robbie about the corners and basic mistakes. I’d bet my house on it that they wouldn’t allow that to happen at any of their sides. Same with the trying to defend the not knowing our best side or formation. There are 4 games left, it’s unacceptable we don’t know the best 11 or formation. 

It is indeed. It is a huge problem for us , that and a mix of players who have come in looking to the future and players who are sleepwalking through the rest of their contracts. 

Basic mistakes is lack of concentration - the lack of fans , the atmosphere etc could affect that. It shouldn’t as a professional but it could. However I think we are getting way past that as an excuse , QoTS first goal was from an absolute brainfart and the reaction. Bring in Shay move Smith to CB. Too little too late but absolutely how he should have been treated for it. 

The corners - Irving and McEneff are more than capable of whipping a good ball in , the number of times we can’t beat the first defender is abysmal. Theres rarely a player on the edge of the box to put it back in the mixer either. No excuse for that , Again though that is symptomatic of football in general now.

There is 💯 something in the fact that covid has changed the dynamics in a squad , some of those aspects are important off the field for on-field production. To me those things are not of enough importance to give passes to pretty much anyone this year. 

27 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

One of the problems that is not mentioned is the wage structure. This season we have two types of contract running. Those that are still on high basic and low bonus and those on low basic and high bonus. Makes for us and them mentality and splits dressing room. 

I asked this weeks ago as its very very relevant , no one could give me an answer on our wage structure. If this is accurate then thank you as its a vitally important part both in what will cause division in the dressing room and how people perform during training and games.

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

"7 years into a 5 year plan" was the line of the night. 

Just a few words that mean so much.

22 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

People forget that pre covid the club was in the middle of investigating the “football department” and were going to release a document detailing its failings and short comings. That’s went silent. 

7 years into a 5 year plan. That five year plan was the commercial side for the sustainability of the club. Not listened yet but sounds like it was a good objective piece , bits like that to me will detract from it though. 

The investigation into the football department has gone quiet and even a wee bit of communication to say it was being scaled back during covid. 

In saying that Savage has been brought in , JJ has been working with AB therefore it has obviously continued in the background. I think it is difficult to judge Robbie properly until we see how the summer goes. Problem is that due to how we all feel since The League Cup Semi and some of us since the first winter back in the top flight its drained us too much to be fully objective and give any leeway to the club

35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great job, Liam. Every point you made was totally valid and articulately presented.

In addition, although I'm sure it wasn't intentional, you managed to show up Collins and McFadden for the ignoramuses they truly are when it comes to talking about the Hearts. 

I'd like to listen to you in a debate with Levein and Pressley. 

Great work from you and the guys on the Podcasts etc too. 

👍

Ignoramuses? Is this still the new year resolution Jonno with his restrained and more vanilla vocabulary?

I hope to never repeat this again, but I'd like to hear about Billy Davies experience with the interview and what he felt what were the important areas we needed to address.

I think he'd probably add more to the programme than John Collins who couldn't even be arsed looking up any stats or even checking twitter or here where that work had already been done for him.

Another thing I'd like an answer to is, why is our head of recruitment in a job for life? Is this the same at any other club? 97 players since Budge has taken over suggests very little pressure to get it right. 

Under the floodlight
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

I asked this weeks ago as its very very relevant , no one could give me an answer on our wage structure. If this is accurate then thank you as its a vitally important part both in what will cause division in the dressing room and how people perform during training and games.

Would imagine that this may take some time to rectify, you would only be able to change contacts depending on when the old ones are up for renewal.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

7 years into a 5 year plan. That five year plan was the commercial side for the sustainability of the club. Not listened yet but sounds like it was a good objective piece , bits like that to me will detract from it though. 

The investigation into the football department has gone quiet and even a wee bit of communication to say it was being scaled back during covid. 

In saying that Savage has been brought in , JJ has been working with AB therefore it has obviously continued in the background. I think it is difficult to judge Robbie properly until we see how the summer goes. Problem is that due to how we all feel since The League Cup Semi and some of us since the first winter back in the top flight its drained us too much to be fully objective and give any leeway to the club

It's worth going back to Ann's statement on this. She is arguing that the club as a whole, not just commercial, not just football, needs to be part of the same cohesive plan.

"We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club. We have some excellent young players, who have done us proud in the last season. We owe it to them to create an environment that will help them to continue to flourish and develop. This will take time, patience and the continued loyal support of Hearts' dedicated fan base. We will implement strategies to grow and strengthen the club. We will live within in our means to ensure that the future of the club is never again put in jeopardy.

We must ensure we have a clear footballing strategy that drives every aspect of our game; everything from who we recruit into our club, from youth academy through to first team players; how we approach coaching, at all age groups and all levels; how we undertake training? and indeed, what kind of football we play at Hearts.

There must be a totally cohesive plan that ties all aspects of our club together. Everyone must be pulling in the same direction."

Auldbenches
5 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

It was you.   Best I've heard when it comes to discussing us.  The guy on Saturday was alright, but last night you wee ready for anything they hit you with.

You were really good last night.   Even more credit if that was your first time.  

portobellojambo1

It was an interesting listen but it probably needed to be presented to an audience which was all HMFC fans, who have been watching over the last few years, contributing over the last few years, diluting input from the boardroom over the last few years etc., to get a genuine feeling of things from various perspectives.

Over this period since Ann Budge/Craig Levein came in we have been regularly told that the same sort of football would be played at all levels, meaning step up of players from the reserve/youth teams would/could be relatively seamless.

But we have been more inclined to chuck players out to other teams on loan to get game time rather than put them into our first team to gain experience there. It is only when you hear it, in terms of new arrivals, that it hits home just how many players have been brought in, to suit the manager's requirements, which in itself suggests that although the club said all levels would be playing the same type of football it isn't something that the managers have been able to buy into, as they need players to play their type of football rather than play it the way the club want(ed) it played.

Very possible the starting point was wrong, as at outset someone has to dictate the starting point, and as someone whose teams are often heavily defensive Craig Levein possibly/probably wasn't the best person to be in place as another person who was more intent on attacking football would have installled a more offensive style of football throughout the club. I always had the outloook that I was relatively happy if HMFC were winning games, but much of what I've watched this season has been boring/painful at times, even when winning.

At most other clubs the main source of funds/major shareholder is usually the person who holds the chair on the board, so the comments made about FoH contributors looking for this and that doesn't stack up. The major shareholder at any business play a big part in how that business should function and a board of directors is in place to see things through. So although we have to be careful that the shareholding, through FoH, is sensible, i.e. we don't get up in arms every month about this, that and the other thing. Once a football board is in place it should consist of people who, just like the fans, then become aware if things are not going to plan and make relevant changes. If the shareholding are heavily involved in the selection of the CEO that person should play the major part in determining who would be the best people to have around him/her to run things, but know from outset who he/she is accountable to.

2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

'Daniel Stendel got him to the cup final'. Boom. That'll be game, set and match to Liam then.

Got us to the semi final, not the final to be fair. 

The "experts" kept forcing the issue about this all being directed at Robbie but in fact its much bigger than that. Personally I would want rid of others behind the scenes before changing the manager. Otherwise we going to keep going round in circles. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

My only disappointment with this is that it wasn't 24 hours earlier. Pressley let Levein off scot free. The "97 players signed" comment would have had him destroyed.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

The "experts" kept forcing the issue about this all being directed at Robbie but in fact its much bigger than that. Personally I would want rid of others behind the scenes before changing the manager. Otherwise we going to keep going round in circles. 

we just need to empower people to do the roles they’ve been hired to do. E.g McKinley runs the business side , Savage runs the football side. Ann adopts role as chairwoman but not actively involved in the decision making. -if she can’t accept that then she should resign.

new manager who is clear on the standards required, bin folk associated with failure.. John Murray, Roger Arbott etc. These guys could do a decent job elsewhere but this club needs a clean break on the football side.

then transform the playing squad.. young hungry players. Performance driven pay. 

Well done Liam,   handled yourself brilliantly against some strong challenges and clearly everyone else feeling RN shouldn't be moved out,  being top of the league etc, in fact one question from Kenny should astonishment that he might not be in charge at the start of next season.      Stuck to your messages and backed them up with facts and it was so good to hear proper fan representation for a change!    So glad you made the point to JC about Stendel getting us to the final!     Overall,  top job sir!

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Daniel Stendel got us through 3 ties that Robbie Neilson would have struggled with, including Airdrie at home. The semi final was a tie that any Hearts team should have been up for.

The damming thing for Robbie Neilson, in my view, is that with 4 games to go, he still hasn't got a settled team or playing system. He seems to worry more about what the opposition might do to us rather than set up to damage them. The Hearts players look like they are fed up with it, although they have to take a share of the blame for crucial mistakes and missed chances.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Well done mate. You stood out from the usual guff...!

Pressley is a dreadful speaker............

Shame the club wouldn't participate.....👍

Really enjoyed listening to that.

Some very harsh financial facts spelled out for the successful multi-millionaire business woman , AB.

John Collins made to sound like an ignorant moron , after getting his argument trashed, resorts to the old internet trick of  "well what would you do then ?"  and then has it pointed out to him that getting to a cup final isn't a success story for Neilson because it was Stendel who achieved it. 

McFadden hardly any better : after having all the facts laid bare , goes on to say that Neilson is carrying the can for everything - no, he isn't.  That's not what the caller said. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Really enjoyed listening to that.

Some very harsh financial facts spelled out for the successful multi-millionaire business woman , AB.

John Collins made to sound like an ignorant moron , after getting his argument trashed, resorts to the old internet trick of  "well what would you do then ?"  and then has it pointed out to him that getting to a cup final isn't a success story for Neilson because it was Stendel who achieved it. 

McFadden hardly any better : after having all the facts laid bare , goes on to say that Neilson is carrying the can for everything - no, he isn't.  That's not what the caller said. 

Had to laugh at that. Fans won't be able to advise on CEOs etc. but can tell you who they believe would be a better manager. Collins was clearly unhappy about his lack of knowledge being shown up. 

@This is My Story Podcast out of interest, who would have been your choice for Manager to replace Robbie if asked?

26 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Daniel Stendel got us through 3 ties that Robbie Neilson would have struggled with, including Airdrie at home. The semi final was a tie that any Hearts team should have been up for.

The damming thing for Robbie Neilson, in my view, is that with 4 games to go, he still hasn't got a settled team or playing system. He seems to worry more about what the opposition might do to us rather than set up to damage them. The Hearts players look like they are fed up with it, although they have to take a share of the blame for crucial mistakes and missed chances.

Caller points out , the team has been changed for roughly 30 successive games : Collins "that's a manger looking for solutions and if he didn't change it, you'd be criticising him for NOT changing it". Meanwhile totally missing the point that those 30 games included a period when Hearts were actually winning games.

Lone Striker

Very well played by Liam in that discussion.    Man of the Match performance.  :notworthy:  You did exactly the right thing by being prepared with these stats in front of you.

If Hearts refused to put someone into the discussion when invited, then they will at least  have known the program was happening and hopefully AB or someone on the board was listening in ...... and hopefully it shocked them.