Alex Neil

Deodato

Just now, David Black said:

Do you really think it is not possible? I'm not saying we will but I'm putting forward a scenario that no one should be dismissive considering the utter shambles we are. 

Yep, but very hard to have a plan B when there’s only three games left. I agree that a defeat on Friday would be potentially damaging though I’m still pretty confident that we already have enough points to finish top. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Beni

• Agentjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Maroon 1874 said:

not read any other posts on this thread but NO chance do I want him anywhere near Hearts ... if this is true then its pretty obvious there has been very little search for a new coach (only been 8/9days since the fans went mental off the back of the Brora result) and yet ANOUTHER coach chosen with no due diligence  ... WTF is going wrong at our club ffs!!! 

Care to explain why? Good record at Hamilton,  got Norwich promoted to Premiership. Poor season at PNE but championship is a tough league. Would be delighted if he was appointed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Do you really think it is not possible? I'm not saying we will but I'm putting forward a scenario that no one should be dismissive of considering the utter shambles we are. 

We will get a draw at worst. Had a laugh with someone a few weeks ago, thought we had enough points then at 45, possibly 2 or 3 out, the others won't win all of their games,  Dundee Raith could easily be a draw.

We joked then we would do it in draws, beginning to look that way 

Auld Reekin'
19 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Must be 100% true cause no one has giving him the nickname Ally or shortened his name to Al, Ali, or Wee Eck, 😂😂😂😂

Wullie Bald?

34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you really think we will lose on Friday night?  Against the team that’s clearly bottom of the league, have only won two away league games all season. 

You don’t think it’s possible ? After Brora you don’t think it’s possible ?

David Black
31 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yes. If we can lose to a non-league team that hasn't played for 3 months, we can lose to anyone.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

At this juncture I’d be very happy with Alex Neil. He could do good things while we bin Budge and clear out the dregs created by Levein/Snoreson.

Have you given up on Carlos after last night?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You'll be in SEVENth heaven if he comes, then.

I always knew you had a sense of humour lurking somewhere 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Most would. But he still bigged up European qualification the first time around despite the Maltese embarrassment..

The guy has no shame tbh. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, David Black said:

Do you really think it is not possible? I'm not saying we will but I'm putting forward a scenario that no one should be dismissive of considering the utter shambles we are. 

We'll get a draw and Rob will see it as a positive step in our quest to win the most challenging league in European football. 

56 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You don’t think it’s possible ? After Brora you don’t think it’s possible ?

Not really. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That might disappear if he brought Joel with him.  Still a bit worrying that an ex keeper would make such a signing.  What would he be like with CDs or strikers?

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We'll get a draw and Rob will see it as a positive step in our quest to win the most challenging league in European football. 

You're right but 4 draws would do us - and we've never been a team to do things the easy way.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That might disappear if he brought Joel with him.  Still a bit worrying that an ex keeper would make such a signing.  What would he be like with CDs or strikers?

I’m absolutely baffled by the signing of Pereira tbf.

I’m still surprised Corberan said yes to Huddersfield. They are a shambles

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think Leeds wanted him there. He needed experience if he is part of the Bielsa succession plan which I believe is already in motion. 

Mark Jackson Leeds 23 coach is very highly regarded too

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, David Black said:

True this is a hearts side barely going through the motions, I'm sure a lot of them are looking ahead to something else?  Hopefully have enough to take care of Alloa,   saying that a side that can go 0-3 down to qos at home ? Don't take anything for granted thats for sure......

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

True this is a hearts side barely going through the motions, I'm sure a lot of them are looking ahead to something else?  Hopefully have enough to take care of Alloa,   saying that a side that can go 0-3 down to qos at home ? Don't take anything for granted thats for sure......

Maybe the telly at home might liven them up. Somebody might be watching, unlikely but you never know 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think you're right but that's what a manager's for - to turn water into wine.

And when one of your first signings is of the calibre of Joel, you get the feeling someone's put another hill on top of the one you're already climbing.  I would not say CC is a poor manager this early in his tenure but if he really turns this around at Huddersfield he won't land up at Hearts.  Bigger clubs than us will tempt him.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well he is called johnthomas......

:oohmatron:

I didn’t even twig with that Jonno. 😂😂

2 hours ago, David Black said:

What contingency plan does AB have if we don't gain promotion. Don't laugh, if we lose on Friday both Raith and Dundee would be 11 points behind each with 2 games in hand. Dundee are on a nice wee run of form and we visit Raith last day. Out of the 3 clubs we are the one with all the problems. Even by our standards of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory it would be a spectacular failure, but it could happen. What then Ann.

This is a valid point.  Promotion would be paramount to getting the right candidate as manager.  They way we are playing Alloa at home is not a gimme.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Leeds wanted him there. He needed experience if he is part of the Bielsa succession plan which I believe is already in motion. 

Mark Jackson Leeds 23 coach is very highly regarded too

There’s no way Leeds will go for Corberan after Bielsa. Too much of a risk at the level they’re at

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best ignored doesn't have a clue the sort of players Norwich have compared to Huddersfield, so much so the young right back has his choice of Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the summer, the guy on the left Todd Cantwell is wanted by Leeds, Spurs, and others. 

Emi Buendía wanted by Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, basically every single club in the Premier league. 

Enough said. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well he is called johnthomas......

:oohmatron:

I pointed that out about 45 years ago.  😄

I would imagine that @jamboozy will reply to you shortly.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Best ignored doesn't have a clue the sort of players Norwich have compared to Huddersfield, so much so the young right back has his choice of Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the summer, the guy on the left Todd Cantwell is wanted by Leeds, Spurs, and others. 

Emi Buendía wanted by Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, basically every single club in the Premier league. 

Enough said. 

can you not take this to a more appropriate thread chaps ?

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

can you not take this to a more appropriate thread chaps ?

I won't be posting anymore on it as i said enough said 👍

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You're right but 4 draws would do us - and we've never been a team to do things the easy way.

i beg to differ. just look at 19th may 2012

26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I pointed that out about 45 years ago.  😄

I would imagine that @jamboozy will reply to you shortly.

It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who walks into a chiropodist and slaps his johnthomas onto the desk,

chiropodist: that’s not a foot!

Guy: you’re gonna quibble about a couple of inches! 😂😄😁🙂😐🙁

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Deodato 

Never known him to engage in WUMMERY in my puff.

No ITK track record but often thems the ones that come up trumps.

It’s a fingers crossed from me.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Deodato 

Never known him to engage in WUMMERY in my puff.

No ITK track record but often thems the ones that come up trumps.

It’s a fingers crossed from me.

I’d take Andrew Neil if it meant Snoreson ****ing off and finding his calling pushing Asda trollies around

8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who walks into a chiropodist and slaps his johnthomas onto the desk,

chiropodist: that’s not a foot!

Guy: you’re gonna quibble about a couple of inches! 😂😄😁🙂😐🙁

Be honest here, Boozy.  You were that guy, weren’t you?  😀😳

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Be honest here, Boozy.  You were that guy, weren’t you?  😀😳

We would be quibbling about more than a couple of inches Morgan, 😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There’s no way Leeds will go for Corberan after Bielsa. Too much of a risk at the level they’re at

If Bielsa convinced them, they would. Documentary is well worth a watch, both seasons. 

They will want continuity out of this, whether Corberan matches Bielsa expectations another question. 

I'm really interested to see how it plays out, I expect the next appointment to be in the circle though 

Maroon 1874
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Care to explain why? Good record at Hamilton,  got Norwich promoted to Premiership. Poor season at PNE but championship is a tough league. Would be delighted if he was appointed.

No ...... I think that the rest of my post pretty much explains it ... been sacked twice and within a few days of our worst ever result allegedly he is our next head coach, not having a pop but tbh its not hard to work out why! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Bielsa convinced them, they would. Documentary is well worth a watch, both seasons. 

They will want continuity out of this, whether Corberan matches Bielsa expectations another question. 

I'm really interested to see how it plays out, I expect the next appointment to be in the circle though 

Nah. They’ll go more high profile. Trying to succeed Bielsa is impossible 

Doesn't really matter if we win. The rest of the teams in this league are so bad that they won't be able to get close to us. Winning the league by default and the good fortune that Craig Gordon was born a Jambo. 

I’d take Andrew Neil if it meant Snoreson ****ing off and finding his calling pushing Asda trollies around

How do you not explode 🤣🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It is, I don't disagree, I think they are very worried about it, hence this succession plan has apparently kicked in already. 

Going to be really interesting to see how it pans out, bar Revie he will go down as the next greatest I'm sure, such is the improvement on players who really looked like League 1, not threatening top half of the Premier. 

Hard work, hard work and more.

jambos are go!
22 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Alex Neil: Preston North End report Stoke City to Football League over  manager approach | Football News | Sky Sports

Hope this is more accurate than your unsubstantiated Bob Dylan claims.

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Andrew Neil is great at putting the politicians he interviews on the spot.  Not so sure about his football management skills.  Would however ask the shitebags some relevant questions...

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Andrew Neil is great at putting the politicians he interviews on the spot.  Not so sure about his football management skills.  Would however ask the shitebags some relevant questions...

He should know quite a few right wingers though. 

6 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yes. If we can lose to a non-league team that hasn't played for 3 months, we can lose to anyone.

Is the correct answer!

2 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Doesn't really matter if we win. The rest of the teams in this league are so bad that they won't be able to get close to us. Winning the league by default and the good fortune that Craig Gordon was born a Jambo. 

ICT and RR looked more than useful in their recent games. 

We have to play both and I wouldn't be confident of taking points from either in the current climate. 

Failure to beat Alloa and panic will set in imo. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe the telly at home might liven them up. Somebody might be watching, unlikely but you never know 

Maybe it would benefit us if the manager stayed home and watched the TV and someone else picked the team and provided any guidance from the sidelines.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

😉👍🏻

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Poch after Marcelo 😉👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Maybe it would benefit us if the manager stayed home and watched the TV and someone else picked the team and provided any guidance from the sidelines.

Run a sweep to see which one of us runs the team Friday? I'll pass, too sensitive for the abuse  :)