Alex Neil

Deodato

gorgieheart
13 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Alex Neil: Preston North End report Stoke City to Football League over  manager approach | Football News | Sky Sports

Heard what  ?

All i'm seeing is a photo, no sound, unless you didn't add the wee arrow to play the video clip  ?

RN ... is going nowhere...for now

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Beni

• Agentjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Heard what  ?

All i'm seeing is a photo, no sound, unless you didn't add the wee arrow to play the video clip  ?

...exactly.

If you are talking about him being the new hearts manager at some point... Well, you are either right or wrong.

So 50/50 chance there too.

Cheers for the groundbreaking insight into our clubs managerial position, if that's what you were actually saying👍

But let's hope we do get the right people in, major changes need to be made.

Edited by Jamtastico

Interesting, we seem to have one poster saying theres no chance since he's settled and another alluding to this being a dead cert. 

Considering the Savage connection any fears he might have around our manager turnover can be allayed I would think. If he takes the job, he'll get time. 

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

One of four who have been spoken to I hear.  Nothing imminent I believe though. 

There are rumours flying around right, left and centre, but it seems hard to believe that Hearts are basically going through a recruitment process on the quiet and apart from internet gossip nothing has come out.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Robbie will be plotting to lose all four games if he's being undermined. 

:sadrobbo:

I think he must have been told four games ago. 😉

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

There are rumours flying around right, left and centre, but it seems hard to believe that Hearts are basically going through a recruitment process on the quiet and apart from internet gossip nothing has come out.

Unlikely we are going through recruitment process without sacking the current manager. Has anyone seen how quickly Budge goes about hiring and firing. We are many weeks away even if we get rid of Neilson

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I heard from a pretty good source (who I have no intention of revealing) that tentative contact had been made with a few contenders after the Brora fiasco. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Unlikely we are going through recruitment process without sacking the current manager. Has anyone seen how quickly Budge goes about hiring and firing. We are many weeks away even if we get rid of Neilson

Serious question, with her CEO and DoF in place would she be part of the process other than kept informed. 

Hiring chefs maybe, football manager, not so much of interest to her projects remaining 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I heard from a pretty good source (who I have no intention of revealing) that tentative contact had been made with a few contenders after the Brora fiasco. 

Nothing would surprise me regarding Hearts these days. It’s in no way inconceivable that potential replacements are being currently sounded out. It’s a sensible way of going about things, if there is an agreement change is required. Which it absolutely is. The way in which Neilson himself was appointed last summer should offer further proof this is a reasonable possibility.

Since the Brora debacle, there has been no defence of Neilson from the club. More that the result itself was unacceptable and that fans shouldn’t protest. As we all know, that result was simply the straw which broke the camels back.

Despite the dithering with Levein, combined with the what sounds like imminent transfer of shares to the FoH, I just cannot see how the club can keep the status quo. 

If the club weren’t fully aware of the strength of feeling of the fans and reasons for our anger and apathy - recent appearances from Stevie kilgour and Liam Corbett from @This is My Story Podcast on national radio will have really helped get all the points across. 

Massive change across the board is obviously required and I think (and hope) it’s coming in the near future.

sandylejambo

Have you been to Preston? Alex Neil would walk here to get the job, even if his kids have schools sorted down there, Edinburgh is a city for all educational needs, posh, middle of the road and  scumsville. He is bound to be near family on his side, I don't know where his wife comes from but I'm sure Edinburgh holds more appeal than Preston. Please make this true.

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Have you been to Preston? Alex Neil would walk here to get the job, even if his kids have schools sorted down there, Edinburgh is a city for all educational needs, posh, middle of the road and  scumsville. He is bound to be near family on his side, I don't know where his wife comes from but I'm sure Edinburgh holds more appeal than Preston. Please make this true.

Indeed. Preston is a hole.

24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I'm not questioning what you've posted.

Personally I'd have sacked Neilson the day after Brora, and I can't understand the strategy of keeping him in the job as a dead man walking if the stay of execution is just a few weeks.

If this is the policy, with a loss and a draw since Brora it's not working.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

One of four who have been spoken to I hear.  Nothing imminent I believe though. 

Who might the four be?

Alex Neil and Derek McInnes presumably.

Who else?

Stephen Robinson?

Neil McCann?

Jim Goodwin?

Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel?

Craig Levein?!

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Personally I'd have sacked Neilson the day after Brora, and I can't understand the strategy of keeping him in the job as a dead man walking if the stay of execution is just a few weeks.

The Dutchess doesn't understand how football fans mind work.

"How can I sack him? we are top of the league"

She can't see the players have stopped playing for him and have been dreadful all season anyway.

He only sees results and league places.

hmm....maybe we are all wrong :lol:

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Heard what  ?

Ooh hedge better. Can you put a time limit on the “for now”?

End of season?

After 10 games in SPL?

Twelfth of never?

Robbie will leave Hearts. 100%. Can’t say when though

20 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

No one knows for sure. It may be that the Board are still backing Neilson but they haven't said so publicly.

If the decision has been made that he will leave, it does make sense to let him finish the job of winning the league while giving the club time to work out who to appoint without all the publicity of having a vacancy.

It is a win, win in the sense of getting a third Championship on Robbie's CV so he leaves with head held high in the eyes of the wider footballing world. And we can have the new guy lined up to take over in advance of the summer transfer window.

Fingers crossed this is what's happening anyway.

Edited by gnasher75

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

No one knows for sure. It may be that the Board are still backing Neilson but they haven't said so publicly.

If the decision has been made that he will leave, it does make sense to let him finish the job of winning the league while giving the club time to work out who to appoint without all the publicity of having a vacancy.

It is a win, win in the sense of getting a third Championship on Robbie's CV so he leaves with head held high in the eyes of the wider footballing world. And we can have the new guy lined up to take over in advance of the summer transfer window.

Fingers crossed this is what's happening anyway.

I would be struggling to hold my head up high if I was the manager who led the club to the worst result in its history. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

At this juncture I’d be very happy with Alex Neil. He could do good things while we bin Budge and clear out the dregs created by Levein/Snoreson.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He will leave in the summer I'm sure with our thanks as he seeks new opportunities. 

Unless you really are after a pound of flesh, since he hit the requirement, albeit in painful methodology, I've maintained this is the common sense approach. 

A new person can easily play voyeur quietly meantime 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

He will leave in the summer I'm sure with our thanks as he seeks new opportunities. 

Unless you really are after a pound of flesh, since he hit the requirement, albeit in painful methodology, I've maintained this is the common sense approach. 

I guess if nothing else, binning him at the end of the promotion season proves what a charlatan he was.

Budge next please.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I would be struggling to hold my head up high if I was the manager who led the club to the worst result in its history. 

I agree with you. My point is that to people that don't follow Hearts closely he will be able to apply for jobs on the basis that he has won the Championship three times and had Hearts second in the Premiership. You just need to listen to all the pundits on the radio saying Hearts fans have lost the plot wanting rid of him when we are top of the league to see that in the wider footballing world results against Brora or Alloa are quickly forgotten. Just blips in an otherwise excellent record. That will be the spin.

I can't see Neilson leaving in the summer. You just know that deep down he thinks he's doing a good job and that AB deep down agrees with him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I guess if nothing else, binning him at the end of the promotion season proves what a charlatan he was.

Budge next please.

I'd be more interested in the CEO to be honest. She's leaving, we know that, its what she leaves behind that is more relevant. 

I know very little about him, really key is him not her moving forward 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd be more interested in the CEO to be honest. She's leaving, we know that, its what she leaves behind that is more relevant. 

I know very little about him, really key is him not her moving forward 

Is she? We’ll see about that.

This CEO does seem like a waste of space, but that’s to be expected 

queensferryjambo
15 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

I heard it the day after the Brora game. From a pile of people (hoping rather than knowing I suspect). 

Doesn't mean it will happen but wouldn't mind it at all.

Alex Neil has big links with Joe Savage our Sporting Director so it would appear - logical 

logical (said by Spock) - YouTube

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Think this is where we are at. Mission accomplished just not with any style or flair at all. Robbie moves on to pastures new and we have a new man ready to get started!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Think this is where we are at. Mission accomplished just not with any style or flair at all. Robbie moves on to pastures new and we have a new man ready to get started!

Missed opportunity I feel for Neilson. December I had the feeling back, January quickly kicked it back out of me, bar Kirkcaldy been absolutely nothing since to be enthusiastic about, the momentum that was built in December thrown away. Big mistake not to be aware of that in my mind 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Didn't stop her when she binned Stendel!

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

If the club weren’t fully aware of the strength of feeling of the fans and reasons for our anger and apathy - recent appearances from Stevie kilgour and Liam Corbett from @This is My Story Podcast on national radio will have really helped get all the points across

Massive change across the board is obviously required and I think (and hope) it’s coming in the near future.

No place to hide for AN now - it's not just Neilson who's in the gunsights of the fans. She'll be very aware now , it's not being sugar coated and it's not just about Brora.  Her entire tenure & the FOH model is coming under scrutiny. And about time too. 

7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I agree with you. My point is that to people that don't follow Hearts closely he will be able to apply for jobs on the basis that he has won the Championship three times and had Hearts second in the Premiership. You just need to listen to all the pundits on the radio saying Hearts fans have lost the plot wanting rid of him when we are top of the league to see that in the wider footballing world results against Brora or Alloa are quickly forgotten. Just blips in an otherwise excellent record. That will be the spin.

...and it will work.

RN wlll be fine if, hopefully, his Hearts days are numbered.

Whoever comes down, or stays down, this season will take on board his 3 promotions and fancy a bit of that. 

Dundee's next boss would be worth a wee punt, imo.

Ibrahim Tall
17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Most would. But he still bigged up European qualification the first time around despite the Maltese embarrassment..

john thomas
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Think this is pretty standard in football

25 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I can't see Neilson leaving in the summer. You just know that deep down he thinks he's doing a good job and that AB deep down agrees with him.

Believe me she knows the writing is on the wall for Neilson.I think he will be gone at the end of this season.

17 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think this is pretty standard in football

I'm not be denying it, Hearts recruited Neilson when Stendel was still manager, I'd just be surprised if we were casting the net so wide at this stage without it becoming common knowledge.

With speculation so rife, if the club intended to persevere with Neilson they'd be wise to give him the dreaded vote of confidence, the fact that this hasn't happened suggests his coat is on a very shoogly peg.

Maroon 1874
15 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Alex Neil: Preston North End report Stoke City to Football League over  manager approach | Football News | Sky Sports

not read any other posts on this thread but NO chance do I want him anywhere near Hearts ... if this is true then its pretty obvious there has been very little search for a new coach (only been 8/9days since the fans went mental off the back of the Brora result) and yet ANOUTHER coach chosen with no due diligence  ... WTF is going wrong at our club ffs!!! 

44 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I’m the opposite. Contract notwithstanding I can’t see him being here much beyond the end of the season and possibly before that. He doesn’t have the fan base with him and that’s financially problematic. He doesn’t seem to me to have the dressing room. And he’s starting to look a bit lost in interviews. No way back after Brora. 

David Black

What contingency plan does AB have if we don't gain promotion. Don't laugh, if we lose on Friday both Raith and Dundee would be 11 points behind each with 2 games in hand. Dundee are on a nice wee run of form and we visit Raith last day. Out of the 3 clubs we are the one with all the problems. Even by our standards of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory it would be a spectacular failure, but it could happen. What then Ann.

As I’ve said elsewhere I don’t think he has a cat in hells chance of getting the fans back onside. Has a record of getting teams promoted from the Championship so I don’t think there will be a shortage of offers for his services.

Mutual agreement to terminate is my hope

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Missed opportunity I feel for Neilson. December I had the feeling back, January quickly kicked it back out of me, bar Kirkcaldy been absolutely nothing since to be enthusiastic about, the momentum that was built in December thrown away. Big mistake not to be aware of that in my mind 

A calm reflection there SG but you're right after the semi I thought Neilson might have put his big game hoodoo to bed and was ready to kick us on. Alloa in the League Cup was the begining of the end and this year has been arguably worse than Levein when you look at the calibre of opposition.

I think it's a very difficult dressing room but I would have presumed he knew that and someone like McCulloch would tackle that issue. Tactical inflexibility, persisting with out of form (and in some cases just shite) signings and not giving young players any chances are the issues which should ensure his departure.

14 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I'm not be denying it, Hearts recruited Neilson when Stendel was still manager, I'd just be surprised if we were casting the net so wide at this stage without it becoming common knowledge.

With speculation so rife, if the club intended to persevere with Neilson they'd be wise to give him the dreaded vote of confidence, the fact that this hasn't happened suggests his coat is on a very shoogly peg.

Yes there seems to be some subtle (some not so) comments coming from both sides . By that mean Neilson and the board .

Would indicate something is afoot , as Sherlock would say

54 minutes ago, kila said:

Didn't stop her when she binned Stendel!

Slightly different circumstances considering all football had stopped

16 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Must be 100% true cause no one has giving him the nickname Ally or shortened his name to Al, Ali, or Wee Eck, 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Stu_HMFC

8 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Would indicate something is afoot ,

You been kidding yer missus on. 😂

18 minutes ago, David Black said:

What contingency plan does AB have if we don't gain promotion. Don't laugh, if we lose on Friday both Raith and Dundee would be 11 points behind each with 2 games in hand. Dundee are on a nice wee run of form and we visit Raith last day. Out of the 3 clubs we are the one with all the problems. Even by our standards of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory it would be a spectacular failure, but it could happen. What then Ann.

Do you really think we will lose on Friday night?  Against the team that’s clearly bottom of the league, have only won two away league games all season. 

David Black
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you really think we will lose on Friday night?  Against the team that’s clearly bottom of the league, have only won two away league games all season. 

Do you really think it is not possible? I'm not saying we will but I'm putting forward a scenario that no one should be dismissive of considering the utter shambles we are. 

Edited by David Black

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

A calm reflection there SG but you're right after the semi I thought Neilson might have put his big game hoodoo to bed and was ready to kick us on. Alloa in the League Cup was the begining of the end and this year has been arguably worse than Levein when you look at the calibre of opposition.

I think it's a very difficult dressing room but I would have presumed he knew that and someone like McCulloch would tackle that issue. Tactical inflexibility, persisting with out of form (and in some cases just shite) signings and not giving young players any chances are the issues which should ensure his departure.

Never got too upset about 1 year for likes of Frear, but it did seem to be unfair on Moore who had done well in the final few months prior to lockdown. 

The short term signings had no effect bar Ginnelly. 

I was surprised he come back in truth, but he will find other clubs I'm sure. 

Won't quite be alls well that ends well, this was always a vacuum of a year, closed doors and a League down, best thing we can do is draw a line, get our defence and midfield sorted and get back up the League 

Cut The Crap
1 minute ago, David Black said:

Do you really think it is not possible? I'm not saying we will but I'm putting forward a scenario that no one should be dismissive of considering the utter shambles we are. 

Yes. If we can lose to a non-league team that hasn't played for 3 months, we can lose to anyone.