Alex Neil

Deodato

David Black
26 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Klopp could be free soon.

Is that Jurgan or his younger brother Klippity.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Beni

• Agentjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, BigPaul365 said:

Putting Stendel aside, (and puppet Cathro) the first managerial appointment which hasn’t been in the jobs for boys network since Paulo Sergio in August 2011.

Every reason to be excited about this appointment, finally a change to the pish we have had to swim through for half a decade + and can move forward now. 

*If true* we must give him time and taper expectations for next season. Give Alex Neil three transfer windows and the time. Have a look at things when 2022-2023 is underway. 

I know what you mean, but with Savage at the club, he's clearly having an influence if this happens. Not quite jobs for the boys level, but still taking the recommendation of someone.

Just hope it's right this time.

IMO Mr Savage maybe making his position at the club known and it is time for major changes, starting with the removal of RN. 

He has worked with Alex Neil for a long time over the years at various clubs, good record of bringing through young players, at Hamilton in particular.

The one thing we have to sort out once and for all is the shambles at the Academy, give youth a chance and at least if RN has been removed, that can be achieved.

I really hope that Mrs Budge is listening to Joe Savage, as enough is enough and unless there is change the FOH contributions and season ticket sales will plummet, which maybe as a successful businesswomen will trigger the change. 

3 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

IMO Mr Savage maybe making his position at the club known and it is time for major changes, starting with the removal of RN. 

He has worked with Alex Neil for a long time over the years at various clubs, good record of bringing through young players, at Hamilton in particular.

The one thing we have to sort out once and for all is the shambles at the Academy, give youth a chance and at least if RN has been removed, that can be achieved.

I really hope that Mrs Budge is listening to Joe Savage, as enough is enough and unless there is change the FOH contributions and season ticket sales will plummet, which maybe as a successful businesswomen will trigger the change. 

Savage undermining Rab with duds to get his bud into the Hearts job. 

:jjyay:

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I know what you mean, but with Savage at the club, he's clearly having an influence if this happens. Not quite jobs for the boys level, but still taking the recommendation of someone.

Just hope it's right this time.

To be honest I really don’t mind if Savage builds up his own network at the club, if anything it’s to be expected. It’s still a change from our broken factory machine of current jobs for boys.

fully expect louis moult to come in as a striker option, and I don’t mind that either. I’m sure they will use there contacts to build the squad here. 

Just now, BigPaul365 said:

To be honest I really don’t mind if Savage builds up his own network at the club, if anything it’s to be expected. It’s still a change from our broken factory machine of current jobs for boys.

fully expect louis moult to come in as a striker option, and I don’t mind that either. I’m sure they will use there contacts to build the squad here. 

Just hope that Savage, and Neil if he comes, are up to the task. I'd imagine they are, but I'm just cautious of Budge giving to much trust to people again. Purely for no reason other than what the last few years have shown us, but I guess we've got to learn to trust again at some point.

The appointment of Alex Neil would go a long way towards repairing the damage at Hearts

It would also be a good reason for me to renew my season ticket.

Mrs Budge, make it happen!

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Just hope that Savage, and Neil if he comes, are up to the task. I'd imagine they are, but I'm just cautious of Budge giving to much trust to people again. Purely for no reason other than what the last few years have shown us, but I guess we've got to learn to trust again at some point.

For me Budge trusting the football department to get on with the football stuff can only be a positive thing, the issue only arises when the person being trusted is someone with no prior experience in running the football department (such as Levein)

Just now, Locky said:

At the end of the day Alex Neil has managed at a much higher level than Neilson, and Levein (club level). He got Norwich promoted to the English Prem with only 18 months management experience or thereabouts? At 33 years old. Some years on now he can only be more experienced and have a great network. He, when possible, plays lovely attacking football. I think we can only trust the process here and leave him to it and give him plenty time. 

Robbo-Jambo
11 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

If there is one thing that would spark Budge into action it would be seeing income levels starting to fall from low season ticket sales etc. 

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Savage undermining Rab with duds to get his bud into the Hearts job. 

:jjyay:

Budge knows about cronyism.

:lol:

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Alex Neil: Preston North End report Stoke City to Football League over  manager approach | Football News | Sky Sports

.... bringing his slaphead doppelgangers as assistants.....

image.jpeg.aac333adfd5a70c3c00a62d928b91701.jpeg

Dom Littlewood Money expert Diabeties campaigner | Great British Speakers

Naisy would approve.  ☺️  

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

.... bringing his slaphead doppelgangers as assistants.....

image.jpeg.aac333adfd5a70c3c00a62d928b91701.jpeg

Dom Littlewood Money expert Diabeties campaigner | Great British Speakers

Naisy would approve.  ☺️  

Ross Kemp Folds , if you want a laugh.

918ea47f1e05d3c7543f730449bfe41a.jpg

Sadly folks it is pie in the sky stuff. 

His family is settled down south. His daughter has just started school after Easter full time. 

Plenty of opportunities down south to explore. 

Apologies if this is a Peebles post but just realised Neil signed Naismith for Norwich. No idea how they get on but might be scope for him becoming a player coach in a similar role to Brown at Aberdeen. Naismith has completely lost his way this season. Maybe needs a fresh challenge and more responsibility.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Apologies if this is a Peebles post but just realised Neil signed Naismith for Norwich. No idea how they get on but might be scope for him becoming a player coach in a similar role to Brown at Aberdeen. Naismith has completely lost his way this season. Maybe needs a fresh challenge and more responsibility.

Good point. 

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We either go with a manager on a supposed downward trajectory- 

McInnes 

Neill

Or one on a upward trajectory but unproven at a bigger club -

Goodwin 

Davidson 

McCann (he seems to have got ICT going but yes it’d be a huge risk, especially given what’s happened the last 5 years)

Or someone new to management 

Big Dunc 

McCann I think.

What is with the love in with this guy? Any new manager serving under Budge will fail. 

Until she goes off to the land of **** it is all pointless anyway. The only manager she will be eyeing up will be Heston ****ing Blumenthal for her restaurant.

2 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Alex Neil: Preston North End report Stoke City to Football League over  manager approach | Football News | Sky Sports

A bold prediction from a Kickback name that's been around for years. 

Until now I've dismissed any talk of us getting Neil as wishful thinking. 

11 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

McCann I think.

My worry is with circa £500k compensation for Neilson, McCulloch & Forrest it may be this level of hire (I appreciate that is not your point though). 

Secret benefactor time though. Anything seems to be financially possible at Hearts, we forget how lucky we are.

William H. Bonney

I don’t believe for one second that hearts are actively seeking a replacement for neilson, whilst he is still in charge. 
Any moves will be made once the league is finished and it’s confirmed neilson has gone, if he goes.

All I see here is people reading social media and passing off rumours as fact. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

The appointment of Alex Neil would go a long way towards repairing the damage at Hearts

It would also be a good reason for me to renew my season ticket.

Mrs Budge, make it happen!

Two games in  you better hope your on here.

Calling for the head of Alex Neil_son

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What is with the love in with this guy? Any new manager serving under Budge will fail. 

Until she goes off to the land of **** it is all pointless anyway. The only manager she will be eyeing up will be Heston ****ing Blumenthal for her restaurant.

The land of what?

No Idle Talk

That's me convinced.

I'm away to put my life savings and the kids education money on Alex Neil as next Hearts manager.

You better no be wrong about this or I'm dead.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I don’t believe for one second that hearts are actively seeking a replacement for neilson, whilst he is still in charge. 
Any moves will be made once the league is finished and it’s confirmed neilson has gone, if he goes.

If the decision has been made to say thank you and goodbye once the league is won, of course the club will be actively seeking a replacement. Just as they did a deal with Robbie before telling anyone Stendel wasn't being kept on.

6 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I think you’re being quite naive here tbh.

We pretty much did that very thing less than a year ago......employed another manager without telling the old one he definitely wasn’t coming back.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Two games in  you better hope your on here.

Calling for the head of Alex Neil_son

Why 2 games in?

Anyone that is untainted with the Levein / Neilson era will get more than 2 games from me.

I can go as far back as Tommy Walker. IMO I don't believe that there has been a worse combinations of managers than the ones we have had to suffer these past 5 years (Stendel excluded). And for the record I don't have a short memory!

Neil or whoever will be a breath of fresh air for me and a more than welcome change.. 

Tommy Brown
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Why 2 games in?

Anyone that is untainted with the Levein / Neilson era will get more than 2 games from me.

I can go as far back as Tommy Walker. IMO I don't believe that there has been a worse combinations of managers than the ones we have had to suffer these past 5 years (Stendel excluded). And for the record I don't have a short memory!

Neil or whoever will be a breath of fresh air for me and a more than welcome change.. 

Relax

I was joking

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

Is Dominic Cummings allowed to travel up north again? 🤔

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Relax

I was joking

OK.....THe past few weeks have been a bit fraught.

I'm relaxed now......chilled with a glass of red wine...!

Pasquale for King

Hope he can help with this. 

Some stats to add to the list: 

Played 182 matches in the top flight. We’ve won only 62 of those matches. 

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 minutes to anyone under the age of 20 in the league this year. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

38 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Agree Styles. 

Just cannot see that happening. 

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope he can help with this. 

Some stats to add to the list: 

Played 182 matches in the top flight. We’ve won only 62 of those matches. 

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 minutes to anyone under the age of 20 in the league this year. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

That was put brilliantly,,,👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

2 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Why? He’s been fired from his last two jobs for being Keek.

Exactly 

should be going for Gerrard or Davie Moyes 

get a life 

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Deodato said:

You heard it here first. 

I hope you're right, mate.

You've never been an attention seeker so I doubt you'd be hinting at something that's complete BS.

As for the usual suspects, this guy would be the business, knows his stuff.

Please let it be so. Will believe it when I see it though.

9 hours ago, Jamdub said:

Pretty much what I wanted to type but much better than how I would have said it. Seems like a proper football manager and Savage will definitely seem to be doing his job by organising this.