New kits 21/22 ( other teams )

Angel eyes

18 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Wouldn't mind that Guatemala kit but with a maroon sash instead of the blue for an away kit. 

Thought someone might say that!

I'd even take the Hull City one, with the yellow swapped for white, and the black for maroon!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Stu_HMFC

• Angel eyes

• Салатные палочки

Arthur Morgan
31 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'd even take the Hull City one, with the yellow swapped for white, and the black for maroon!

Yeah, I think that would look brilliant.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I think the delay in releasing it, we're going for something quite different. I'm not preparing myself for a bog standard home top for some reason, I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of white in it.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Some recent Umbro releases:

hull_city_2021_2022_home_shirt.jpg

Hull City Home

huddersfield_town_2021_2022_home_shirt.j

Huddersfield Home

iraq_2020_2022_home_kit.jpg

Iraq Away

guatemala_2021_2022_home_shirt.jpg

Guatemala Home (assuming this will be the South American Umbro, not European)

Would take that Hull shirt as an away. White with maroon sash. 

I like that there's quite a few different  templates kicking about from Umbro. 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

What is it with these centred badges this year?

It looks absolutely shite on any kit!

PhoenixHearts
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Never quite understood their love of purple. It's not remotely Hibs or remotely a football colour. 

Not a nice one, anyway.

Works well enough for Fiorentina 🤷‍♂️

Some gorgeous kits when it's used right.

Utterly horrendous when paired with green though.

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Works well enough for Fiorentina 🤷‍♂️

Some gorgeous kits when it's used right.

Utterly horrendous when paired with green though.

I thought about Fiorentina whilst posting, tbh. 

Grand club but just not keen on the colour purple. 

Purple Rain is a shite movie, too. 😉

Diadora Van Basten

It always annoys me that Hearts don’t have their strips out in time for the end of school term/start of holidays.

I thick the Rosebery strip in particular came out about October completely missing the market for an expensive t shirt.

I get the feeling we'll get a top released today. They usually do it on a Friday and they won't release both on the same day. When I ordered my third kit the guy in the club store said they'd be in before the end of the month.

11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Would take that Hull shirt as an away. White with maroon sash. 

I like that there's quite a few different  templates kicking about from Umbro. 

I like the Hull too but Maroon and the sash to be a lighter tone of Maroon . 

17 hours ago, db211833 said:

Surprised at some of the comments on the Hibs top. It's horrible and looks cheap and nasty. 

It's a Hibs top, they are rank every single one of them. How can they be anything else with that badge and with green in it! 

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It always annoys me that Hearts don’t have their strips out in time for the end of school term/start of holidays.

I thick the Rosebery strip in particular came out about October completely missing the market for an expensive t shirt.

I'm with you there. We always seem to miss a trick with releasing them. Look at the EPL teams, they release them and often wear them on the last game of the season. I don't agree with that but getting them for kids taking them on holidays should be essential.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm with you there. We always seem to miss a trick with releasing them. Look at the EPL teams, they release them and often wear them on the last game of the season. I don't agree with that but getting them for kids taking them on holidays should be essential.

I reckon the problem is that in the kit industry every single customer wants designs, releases and thousands of new stock at exactly the same time of the year, every single year. 

Imagine umbro's factories at this time of year. I'd imagine the really big players get priority and get dealt with first, they bring in most money after all.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I reckon the problem is that in the kit industry every single customer wants designs, releases and thousands of new stock at exactly the same time of the year, every single year. 

Imagine umbro's factories at this time of year. I'd imagine the really big players get priority and get dealt with first, they bring in most money after all.

I don’t think that would be the problem most kit manufacturers have their new season range available from January so would imagine they are geared up to deliver kits in time.

I think that because we do three releases at different times it is because they think this is the best way of achieving most sales of each strip. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t think that would be the problem most kit manufacturers have their new season range available from January so would imagine they are geared up to deliver kits in time.

I think that because we do three releases at different times it is because they think this is the best way of achieving most sales of each strip. 

Fair enough, I'd love to know more about the industry to be honest

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

I get the feeling we'll get a top released today. They usually do it on a Friday and they won't release both on the same day. When I ordered my third kit the guy in the club store said they'd be in before the end of the month.

Running out of time if it's going to be today :waiting:

They usually do a teaser announcement on Twitter a bit before the reveal, and there still hasn't been anything!

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Rangers HomeScreenshot_20210625-154503_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8555761d51a6bb1b014bb86c707e3ef3.jpg

Looks a bit weird. Certainly doesn't look like a Rangers top, maybe they are finally growing into their Newco status.

26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Rangers HomeScreenshot_20210625-154503_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8555761d51a6bb1b014bb86c707e3ef3.jpg

My first thought was it was more of a St Johnstone blue than a Rangers blue but that could just be my monitor. 

Only Hibs could launch an away kit that looks like one of the new Celtic kits but from a naff make instead of Adidas 😂

75399-EA8-B82-D-466-F-B7-C1-E4042-B750-F
who ever gets the memo at who ever Celtic’s kit suppliers are must be dreading it what can you do with that ever season and make it different.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

75399-EA8-B82-D-466-F-B7-C1-E4042-B750-F
who ever gets the memo at who ever Celtic’s kit suppliers are must be dreading it what can you do with that ever season and make it different.

To be fair that applies to every team on the planet. 

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair that applies to every team on the planet. 

It also sells massive amounts whatever they bring out.

kingantti1874
Just now, vegas-voss said:

It also sells massive amounts whatever they bring out.

****ing tramps weat it on every single occasion. Nothing worse than being in some foreign destination and seeing a a family of hooped *****

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing tramps weat it on every single occasion. Nothing worse than being in some foreign destination and seeing a a family of hooped *****

They also only buy one each, and wear it until the stripes go yellow.

I actually love seeing them on a holiday abroad, as it immediately let's me know who to give a complete bodyswerve too, or which pubs and things to never go in. 

kingantti1874
38 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I actually love seeing them on a holiday abroad, as it immediately let's me know who to give a complete bodyswerve too, or which pubs and things to never go in. 

that’s a good way of looking at it 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Always find it to be worse with Rangers fans. The last time we were abroad at our communial pool a guy came round wearing Rangers flip flops, Rangers shorts and baseball cap, topped off with a Rangers towel. 

Its ridiculous how much they have to let everyone know.

PhoenixHearts

Disgusting wee club but nice colours and made by Umbro.

Dynamo Dresden 3rd kit.

Feel like this is a bit cheaper made and lower down the pecking order for Umbro teams though. Not teamwear but also won't be much of a hint for our kits.

dresden-21-22-kit-umbro-third (18).jpg

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Is that a roundabout way of saying Hibs are soulless, boring and pish? 

It’s like a match made in hell 😂

This is My Story Podcast
38 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Dynamo Dresden 3rd kit.

Feel like this is a bit cheaper made and lower down the pecking order for Umbro teams though. Not teamwear but also won't be much of a hint for our kits.

I’ll be very shocked if this isn’t very close to our away top. The rumours (which I heard from a player) is that the away top is grey, maroon and blue. Won’t be far off this I reckon. 

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I’ll be very shocked if this isn’t very close to our away top. The rumours (which I heard from a player) is that the away top is grey, maroon and blue. Won’t be far off this I reckon. 

:muggy:

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Dynamo Dresden 3rd kit.

Why are they “disgusting”? 

Genuine question!

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Genuine question!

Was about to ask the same.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Doesn't look like a Rangers top

Looks like a Portsmouth top from when they were in the premiership 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Looks like a Portsmouth top from when they were in the premiership 

You're right, I couldn't put my finger on it. I was thinking Everton.

21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Weird yellow writing. People claiming it’s gold. Also 65 quid for a top seems steep!

That castore brand are utter kack. Horrible, cheap looking products

Doesn't look like a Rangers shirt. I'd say more Everton/gentian than light blue.

Also, who is the haughty punter on the right? He, or is it she, looks like a Fast Show character posing for the cover of a DVD.

Screenshot_20210625-154503_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8555761d51a6bb1b014bb86c707e3ef3.jpg.a2168c521daf64d3b0fb8af171262cca.jpg

Edited by martoon

PhoenixHearts
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Genuine question!

Their supporters have an awful reputation of being racist,violent and ultra far-right, some borderline neo-nazis.

One group of their "ultras" allegedly broke into the teams training ground after a bad result and dug 11 graves.

The super far-right thing seems quite common among fanbases of some of these former GDR clubs with stasi roots.