New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

But you’re happy for a manager who craps his pants against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren? 

EH? I said I used Stendel as an example. I never said I wanted him.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Another poster confirmed he has been involved in it as well. Certainly a best practice in technology companies 

See my reply. No reason to doubt either of you. Suppose cultures and practices are different in different types of companies. 

Horatio Caine
58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree with all of that and maintain that was the sensible thing to do for the club. 

Sacking a manager for being top of the League by a distance is a very bad portrayal however appointing a manager for the challenge of a new League and era is reasonably normal. 

OP makes sense to me, Neil would be my guess with Savage connection 

If, and it's a big IF, the OP is correct, here's my guess.

The new man would be McCann.  Why?  Well, consider this:-

He's re-habilitating himself at ICT until the end of the season.  Doing well.  Articulate.  Has already seen us at close quarters.  But, because he's currently employed by a league rival, no announcement can be made, nor will it be before the league is over.  AB will show respect to Robbie (sorry - Bob)  and McCann if it's him .  McCann is young, intelligent, is a good football brain, and likes our club (and AB) and has always spoken in support of us especially during last summer's debacle.  He fits the AB criteria.  Young manager, well thought of etc etc.  (As long as he didn't bring `Doddsy` with him - important caveat).

That would be my guess - IF the OP isn't bullshitting (highly possible I know).

Edited by Horatio Caine

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Billy Reid would come in with Neil if he is the man she wants. 

Might as well ask Canning and Rice to come along too

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

He's re-habilitating himself at ICT until the end of the season.  Doing well.  Articulate.  Has already seen us at close quarters.  But, because he's currently employed by a league rival, no announcement can be made, nor will it be before the league is won.  McCann is young, intelligent, is a good football brain, and likes our club (and AB) and has always spoken in support of us especially during last summer's debacle.  He fits the AB criteria.  Young manager, well thought of etc etc.  (As long as he didn't bring `Doddsy` with him - important caveat).

Interesting caveat. As we know from history a lot of managers only do their best work with particular 2nd in commands next to them. McCann and Dodds seem to be doing ok at ICT. I can’t remember if he was with him at Dundee. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Do you get canned rice?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

He's re-habilitating himself at ICT until the end of the season.  Doing well.  Articulate.  Has already seen us at close quarters.  But, because he's currently employed by a league rival, no announcement can be made, nor will it be before the league is won.  McCann is young, intelligent, is a good football brain, and likes our club (and AB) and has always spoken in support of us especially during last summer's debacle.  He fits the AB criteria.  Young manager, well thought of etc etc.  (As long as he didn't bring `Doddsy` with him - important caveat).

They wouldn't announce anything until Robert had left the building. 

The Sun will find out 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I did explain my post to another poster. But yeah, why not? I have always wanted us to be Accies mark 2 

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

He's re-habilitating himself at ICT until the end of the season.  Doing well.  Articulate.  Has already seen us at close quarters.  But, because he's currently employed by a league rival, no announcement can be made, nor will it be before the league is over.  AB will show respect to Robbie (sorry - Bob)  and McCann if it's him .  McCann is young, intelligent, is a good football brain, and likes our club (and AB) and has always spoken in support of us especially during last summer's debacle.  He fits the AB criteria.  Young manager, well thought of etc etc.  (As long as he didn't bring `Doddsy` with him - important caveat).

Neil McCann was very close to getting the gig before. 

No idea if he would be in contention this time round.

Horatio Caine
Just now, Sir Gio said:

They wouldn't announce anything until Robert had left the building. 

The Sun will find out 

Indeed.  What I said a few posts ago.. Budge is very aware of protocols, respect etc (Stendel the glaring exception unfortunately) so I think it would be a Robbie has left and Neil is coming in kind of statement with lots of enthusing over RN bringing us the title again

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

He was interviewed prior to a Stendels coming in. Interview didn’t last long so I’d be surprised if he is a candidate this time but who knows. 

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Indeed.  What I said a few posts ago.. Budge is very aware of protocols, respect etc (Stendel the glaring exception unfortunately) so I think it would be a Robbie has left and Neil is coming in kind of statement with lots of enthusing over RN bringing us the title again

Thought you just said you thought it was McCann? 

Horatio Caine
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Thought you just said you thought it was McCann? 

I did.  But I said that no announcement would be announced until RN had indeed left the building.

It’s going to be McInnes ain’t it?

It’s gonna be a classic Simpsons 

“ He’s away” Woohoo!

”Here’s Derek” Doh!

Edited by Jamhammer

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s going to be McInnes ain’t it?

It’s gonna be a classic Simpsons 

“ He’s away” Woohoo!

”Here’s Derek” Doh!

If he goes, I think it will be McInnes aye. 

5 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Hope so but I'll have to see it to believe it that Neilson would be let go by Budge

He will still be in the background, a bit like Levein!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Interesting caveat. As we know from history a lot of managers only do their best work with particular 2nd in commands next to them. McCann and Dodds seem to be doing ok at ICT. I can’t remember if he was with him at Dundee. 

No the Dundee fans despise the little shit and were threatening a boycott if he was hired 😆🤪
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-dodds-lifts-lid-dundee-13445239

ford donald
5 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

Never leaving before the end of the season,always in my thoughts,that way he goes with respect,the obvious choice would be Alex Neil (Joe Savage contact) or someone

out of contract,Dm?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Me too. 

He's the only one with a decent track record in Scotland at a similar sized club. 

Certain folk will want him gone before the new year, even if we are in the top 4/5 teams. 

If that happens, JKB needs needs a new sub section labelled " current manager oot". 

Save so many Fred's. 

I'd be happy with either McIness or McCann. McIness went stale at Aberdeen, but he built a good exciting side in his first few years - I don't think he ever figured out how to replace Adam Rooney or Shinnie. McCann is a fan of positive football, so I could get onboard with that. 

I'd love to see Alex Neil, but I just don't see him as a realistic prospect, he'll get higher paid job offers down south. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He won’t get as long as some. 
Safe appointment. Aren’t they all?

Que sera sera

WoolfordsHearts

Joking aside on this thread,I don't want Gazza's boot polisher anywhere near us.

41 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Leeds won it with Wilkinson

That was the season before the Premier league began.

Off topic but really interesting on sporsound the now...

Elvis shouting and bawling about The Hearts....

Levein on too...

If you can, try and get a listen to it...

Kenny Mac fudged it a bit re what our concerns are....but nice to hear passion, regardless of what you think of Elvis...severe lack of leadership coming from Elvis....

Levein now trying to say FoH subs have went up and down all the time if results were good bad and indifferent 🤔

I have my suspicions on this but its certainly plausible. However if it is true why hold that kind of info back from fans who are baying for blood at the moment? Surely announcing he'll be departing gets the fans back on side.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I know what they are.....

But as I said.....when someone says they want a foreigner they don’t mean someone from Merseyside.

They do doh don't dee doh

41 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

If Dodds helps makes McCann tick, what's the point of McCann if no Dodds.

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Levein on too...

Kenny Mac fudged it a bit re what our concerns are....but nice to hear passion, regardless of what you think of Elvis...severe lack of leadership coming from Elvis....

Levein now trying to say FoH subs have went up and down all the time if results were good bad and indifferent 🤔

Can’t listen just now. Out of interest, is CL backing Robbie and Elvis not backing him?

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Levein on too...

Not by this amount. 

I spoke* with someone close to someone who's connected to someone who's ITK at the club.

He said "None of us know anyone called Hondalad.  And who the **** is Bobby Nielsen?"

*This may or may not be an accurate reflection of events

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t listen just now. Out of interest, is CL backing Robbie and Elvis not backing him?

Tbh it came out the blue, Elvis started shouting and ranting about lack of leadership at the club...me tinned Savage, Budge and JJ for not backing Robbie....he did back Robbie til the summer type thing himself....Levein? I think he was taken a bit by surprise at Elvis (as was everyone) but nice to hear raised voices....Elvis actually dissed Berra for Berra not backing Robbie after QoS game...was good to hear Elvis on one tbh, even though he does back Robbie...

13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not by this amount. 

According to CL the numbers cited recently are not uncommon at points over the years if we lost a game...

😂😂😅

I don't believe him, pesky fibbing Craig!!!!!

Pressley, Levein and BBC Sportsound. A managerial failure talks to a spectacular managerial failure who ruined a club on a forum for idiots. BBC radio and TV sport are a bigger mess than us.

Edited by Jodami

16 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Elvis started shouting and ranting about lack of leadership at the club...me tinned Savage

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Levein on too...

Pressley was very passionate and banging a table to make his point. Incredibly boring voice though - I reckon he's Boaby Neilson's voice coach.

Levein did admit he was partly to blame for where we're at.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wanna be a Heart-a-manic. 

think we are all manic at the moment what u mean is a heartimaniac lol

27 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Tbh it came out the blue, Elvis started shouting and ranting about lack of leadership at the club...me tinned Savage, Budge and JJ for not backing Robbie....he did back Robbie til the summer type thing himself....Levein? I think he was taken a bit by surprise at Elvis (as was everyone) but nice to hear raised voices....Elvis actually dissed Berra for Berra not backing Robbie after QoS game...was good to hear Elvis on one tbh, even though he does back Robbie...

Thanks. Will listen to it later 👍

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

SMELLVIS PRESSLEY

JOBBIE NEILSON

CRAIG LATRINE

All shite.

Craig Latrine 😂 good grief!

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You really need to take a closer look at Derek's career at Aberdeen. 

750k a year that doesn't work with Directors. 

His team scored 30 goals in 30 games. He can't or won't change from his style. He has hindered young players development stubbornly holding onto players who are misfiring. 

He squandered millions holding onto McKenna and Cosgrove when they could have went for double. 

His record in the transfer market collapsed when Rangers Hibs and Hearts recovered financially. 

He was mastered and schooled by both Neilson and Levein, two who have been pilloried for years but yet knew how to beat him. 

And this is who you want. Beyond the pale

Mastered and schooled by Levein and Neilson? What are you basing this on?

During McInnes' 8 years at Aberdeen we beat them twice at Pittodrie, once (under Locke) against 10 men when we were bottom of the league and the other was the last game of the season when they had already secured 2nd place. It's now 6 years since we won up there.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

During McInnes' 8 years at Aberdeen we beat them twice at Pittodrie, once (under Locke) against 10 men when we were bottom of the league and the other was the last game of the season when they had already secured 2nd place. It's now 6 years since we won up there.

Don’t waste your time trying to reason with the happy clappers. They’re entrenched. 

34 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

According to CL the numbers cited recently are not uncommon at points over the years if we lost a game...

😂😂😅

I don't believe him, pesky fibbing Craig!!!!!

Lots have suspended so we'll find out by the amount of money contributed this month. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, andrew said:

Neilson after the initial defeat almost pulled off a draw in the next match but for Mcghee and never lost again. 

Levein in his first match, Hearts were under the pump for 20 minutes and then preceded to dominate Mcinnes. 

Right enough Levein after the 5 0 debacle at Livingston lost the next week at Pittodrie but was denied 2 stonewall penalties by Beaton.

However at Tynecastle we have dominated Aberdeen under Mcinnes bar that first game and Cathro since last promotion. 

Probably worth noting Gary Locke mastered Mcinnes too.

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neilson after the initial defeat almost pulled off a draw in the next match but for Mcghee and never lost again. 

Levein in his first match, Hearts were under the pump for 20 minutes and then preceded to dominate Mcinnes. 

Right enough Levein after the 5 0 debacle at Livingston lost the next week at Pittodrie but was denied 2 stonewall penalties by Beaton.

However at Tynecastle we have dominated Aberdeen under Mcinnes bar that first game and Cathro since last promotion. 

Probably worth noting Gary Locke mastered Mcinnes too.

If you bothered to check the facts you'd see that we have 9 wins a piece since McInnes took over at Aberdeen, we haven't come anywhere close to dominating them.

StevenNaismith

Have only read the opening post but as much as I hadn’t heard about any new manager, I had heard that Robbie was getting to see the season out and would be replaced in the summer and posted something to that effect yesterday I think it was.

If I was a betting man then I’d be putting a chunk of money on Alex Neil to become the next Heart of Midlothian manager.

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic