New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

When I was young, my Mum said to me "Never trust an OP who doesn't put spaces between their sentences". Sometimes I'm so glad for the things she has taught me.

What a wise women

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, williamgerrard said:

mate do yourself a favour shut up before i shut u up  better still answer this question how would i not know big dunc snr if u know him you will know hes sponsors breahead so shut up 

Can you also ask bill gates for a spell and grammar check? 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

64 million dollar question, but Aberdeen got rid and have been under pressure to do so for quite some time. 

He appears to be regressive 

Regressive you say!

That'll be our man then.💪

22games nro
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

When I was young, my Mum said to me "Never trust an OP who doesn't put spaces between their sentences". Sometimes I'm so glad for the things she has taught me.

shesquiterightinmyopinion

4 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

Can you also ask bill gates for a spell and grammar check? 

I thought he was a new poster , been here 15 years and still thinks abusing folk in messages and in DMs is how its done. Also thought he was the likes of an older fan who remembered the 70s etc not a fan in his late 30s 🙈🤣

been here before
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Anyone else think this was going to be about a lack of sense and new flute costing 50 pence?

So when’s Bill Gates gonna have the scarve above the head phoatie? Is he the manager or no?😡

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Anyone else think this was going to be about a lack of sense and new flute costing 50 pence?

😮 could only play one tune. 

1 hour ago, williamgerrard said:

mate do yourself a favour shut up before i shut u up  better still answer this question how would i not know big dunc snr if u know him you will know hes sponsors breahead so shut up 

I love this place😂😂😂

Heard the same Robbie allowed to stay and win the league.  We have already been in talks with McInnes And Reid.   From an ex jambo who is close to mcinnes.  Don’t shoot the messenger!!!

been here before
1 minute ago, robjam said:

Heard the same Robbie allowed to stay and win the league.  We have already been in talks with McInnes And Reid.   From an ex jambo who is close to mcinnes.  Don’t shoot the messenger!!!

Hiya Rob!!!

2 minutes ago, robjam said:

do you mean Neil rather than Reid?

4 minutes ago, robjam said:

Don’t shoot the messenger requests rarely go well 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

do you mean Neil rather than Reid?

Sorry Alex Neil 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Will pale into insignificance once you start watching a Mcinnes team 

Been there - done that! Usewd to be up in Abersheep. Enjoyed laughing at them... little did I know!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The structure was explained as the sporting director would be an equal to the manager and not in charge of him. What sort of set up would see you recruit for someone regarded as the same level as you?

With a chairperson who isn’t steeped in football I think she would use her football board advisor and her sporting director as sounding boards for any managerial position. Who do you think will be selecting the next manager? 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I’m with you on this. A left-field appointment with no prior experience with regards to the uglies... someone looking to prove that you can challenge the uglies on a regular basis ( other than the usual suspects that go into OF games looking to defend for 90 minutes!)

Dennis Bergkamp. 👍

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Hulk Hogan for manager......Hell give the players 24 inch pythons if they pay shiiittte brooothher

I wanna be a Heart-a-manic. 

9 minutes ago, robjam said:

Who's Reid?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

With a chairperson who isn’t steeped in football I think she would use her football board advisor and her sporting director as sounding boards for any managerial position. Who do you think will be selecting the next manager? 

No idea. I’ve really no clue who does what. I’d imagine she would take advice from Levein, Savage and McKinlay but the decisions will be hers and hers alone. That’s my take on it but I’d question any business where some one supposedly of equal standing to the person being recruited is involved in recruiting that person. Just doesn’t happen. I could come up with analogy’s to back my point but maybe football is completely different from any other business. Never been involved in a football club.

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na , he isnt a legitimate hardman - Mickey Rourke or Dolph Lundgren and Id be on board 

What about sensational Sherry and Macho man randy savage 

12 minutes ago, robjam said:

Who is Reid ? 

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, robjam said:

I’ve  heard this, Rob to stay to seal the title (eventually!), and then he’s off!

No idea who the new man is yet but apparently Savage is all over it, I’d be devastated if it’s McInnes. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No idea. I’ve really no clue who does what. I’d imagine she would take advice from Levein, Savage and McKinlay but the decisions will be hers and hers alone. That’s my take on it but I’d question any business where some one supposedly of equal standing to the person being recruited is involved in recruiting that person. Just doesn’t happen. I could come up with analogy’s to back my point but maybe football is completely different from any other business. Never been involved in a football club.

Why Levein? JJ is her football advisor supposedly 

8 minutes ago, robjam said:

Sorry Alex Neil 

No worries. Neil took over from Billy Reid at Hamilton so maybe where the confusion started

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It does. Happens all the time.  Not just in football. 

2 minutes ago, robjam said:

Alias Alec Neil 

Billy Reid would come in with Neil if he is the man she wants. 

Why Levein? JJ is her football advisor supposedly 

Yeah JJ as well. I’d imagine she still keeps in contact with CL, they parted on good enough terms as far as I’m aware. Why wouldn’t she ask his opinion? Anyway, my point is it would be inappropriate in normal businesses for someone to help recruit their equal. I also said, maybe different in football. 

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dennis Bergkamp. 👍

Can you just imagine that! He’d get at least 3 games to prove himself, on here! 😂😂😂 But I like your thinking.... something along those lines for manager 👍

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It does. Happens all the time.  Not just in football. 

No it doesn’t. I’ve been director of several companies, own my own company now, know other people who run companies. As an example you wouldn’t get your sales manager to help recruit a marketing manager, it just doesn’t happen. Maybe in football but not in other walks of life. 

48 minutes ago, oi oi said:

The top league has been won by foreign managers for the past 10 years. Was McCoist the last Scot to win it?

Could be worse though, the EPL has been won by a foreigner every year since its start.

Leeds won it with Wilkinson

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Billy Reid would come in with Neil if he is the man she wants. 

i doubt he would leave brighton

Just now, GinRummy said:

No it doesn’t. I’ve been director of several companies, own my own company now, know other people who run companies. As an example you wouldn’t get your sales manager to help recruit a marketing manager, it just doesn’t happen. Maybe in football but not in other walks of life. 

It does, been involved in it many times. Anyone joining a senior management team is usually given the once over by some of the current members of that management team just to ensure there is a level of confidence, affinity, mindshare in the new hire. Ever heard of interview panels? Who do you think makes up interview panels? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I just hope there is a decent stream for the square goes.  We could call it Strictly Come Ahead.  

I’m in 😆

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah JJ as well. I’d imagine she still keeps in contact with CL, they parted on good enough terms as far as I’m aware. Why wouldn’t she ask his opinion? Anyway, my point is it would be inappropriate in normal businesses for someone to help recruit their equal. I also said, maybe different in football. 

She wouldn’t ask Levein because he was in favour of Stendel and Neilson, second time round, was his idea. 

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Leeds won it with Wilkinson

That was the season before the league was rebranded. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I've interviewed people for jobs at the same level as I was. Quite common in some places. 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i doubt he would leave brighton

I was being sarcastic, just forget to add the emojis🤫🤫☹️☹️

adambraejambo
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Can you just imagine that! He’d get at least 3 games to prove himself, on here! 😂😂😂 But I like your thinking.... something along those lines for manager 👍

He doesn't fly,

Our team doesn't try,

A perfect match. Make it so. 

It does, been involved in it many times. Anyone joining a senior management team is usually given the once over by some of the current members of that management team just to ensure there is a level of confidence, affinity, mindshare in the new hire. Ever heard of interview panels? Who do you think makes up interview panels? 

Of course I have. Interview panels are typically made up of positions senior to the person being employed. My experience must be totally different to yours which is why I’m quite surprised. It’s definitely something I have never come across in my life. It would always be people senior in position that would be involved in recruitment unless it was a dedicated HR (to use a modern term) professional. If you’re saying it happens then I suppose it must. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dennis Bergkamp. 👍

Player/manager would be great. 

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I've interviewed people for jobs at the same level as I was. Quite common in some places. 

As soonbe10 has said this as well it must be right. No reason to doubt either of you. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Of course I have. Interview panels are typically made up of positions senior to the person being employed. My experience must be totally different to yours which is why I’m quite surprised. It’s definitely something I have never come across in my life. It would always be people senior in position that would be involved in recruitment unless it was a dedicated HR (to use a modern term) professional. If you’re saying it happens then I suppose it must. 

Another poster confirmed he has been involved in it as well. Certainly a best practice in technology companies 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, oi oi said:

The top league has been won by foreign managers for the past 10 years. Was McCoist the last Scot to win it?

Could be worse though, the EPL has been won by a foreigner every year since its start.

Yeah I think so.
Nothing wrong with foreign managers, gets on my nerves when you hear leaving lights like Bruce/Moyes/Wilder etc say more English/British managers should be employed. They’re usually dinosaurs and it’s only natural for foreign owners who buy mainly foreign players to want a foreign manager. 
Rant over, back to Bobby the jobby 😆

Just now, GinRummy said:

As soonbe10 has said this as well it must be right. No reason to doubt either of you. 

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic