New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

SomethingAboutObua

Could someone make a poll about closing/merging this thread? 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo in Bathgate

Logan was brought in to improve the defence. Great signing allowed Soutar to play I don’t think we lost a goal with the changes in defensive play once he joined. 

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Could someone make a poll about closing/merging this thread? 

This

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yet still employed by the club and played more than enough games to be part of the “ceremony”

He took the huff as he did with Stendal. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yet still employed by the club and played more than enough games to be part of the “ceremony”

Yeah, ofc, but it won't be a factor next season.

Harsh, but the players leaving are now irrelevant.

Good luck to Berra

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The club legend thing gets bandied about too much imo.  All down to personal opinion I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Good riddance to him. Should never have been back in the side after he was found out by Stendel anyway. Seen someone call him a club legend the other day on here, miles away from that in my opinion.

Agree he's not a legend for us, good player but for me to be a club legend its winning trophies and/or being the best player in your position for a good few years, plus special mentions for players that helped hammer Hibs. Berra's prime was in England, bench in the Gretna final, contributed to relegation and was 3rd or 4th best CB in the second tier. Good player, very important player at times, but not really a legend

4 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Logan was brought in to improve the defence. Great signing allowed Soutar to play I don’t think we lost a goal with the changes in defensive play once he joined. 

Mind that guy we got from Celtic, Mahe, he was a left back. Had a great season for us, maybe Logan could have a similar impact. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

He took the huff as he did with Stendal. 

If questioning why the tactics for a game weren’t clear is taking the huff, then, yes. You are quite right.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good luck to Berra

Plenty players that were invited won’t be here next season mate...

You are blinkered beyond belief.

To be fair I kind of was for a bit until I stumbled across a few facts unexpectedly.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Mind that guy we got from Celtic, Mahe, he was a left back. Had a great season for us, maybe Logan could have a similar impact. 

I loved Mahe 

I hope Davidson makes it clear from the outset that if he even suspects any of our players are not giving 100% on the park, they will be doing quadruple training sessions in Gullane for a month.

The least we can expect from him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I loved Mahe 

That guy Beattie had a great 5 months

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Plenty players that were invited won’t be here next season mate...

You are blinkered beyond belief.

I repeat, it’s not 1 but 2 successive managers who have full on emptied him from the squad. What does that tell you. 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hope Davidson makes it clear from the outset that if he even suspects any of our players are not giving 100% on the park, they will be doing quadruple training sessions in Gullane for a month.

What’s all this Davidson crap all about?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I repeat, it’s not 1 but 2 successive managers who have full on emptied him from the squad. What does that tell you. 

Fine. Berra has played for and properly understood the tactical expectations of a manager in a far higher league and one much more successful than Neilson.

He clearly wasn’t right for Stendel’s style of play - that wasn’t his fault. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It's just Doug being surreal, as usual.

Agentjambo
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Does he keep alright??🥴

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra did the same thing as he done under Stendel. Goes to the press and talks shite about the manager / other players performances. “I’ve not been playing but it’s been coming” is the full quote from after the Brora game IE “others are to blame, not me”. Emptied from the squad by 2 successive managers, says it all. 

Mind Berra came out crying that DS ruined his wedding by telling him he wasn’t wanted two days after he got married 😂😂😂

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Mind Berra came out crying that DS ruined his wedding by telling him he wasn’t wanted two days after he got married 😂😂😂

:laugh2:

6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Lol. I just couldn’t make an arse of myself in public like that. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra did the same thing as he done under Stendel. Goes to the press and talks shite about the manager / other players performances. “I’ve not been playing but it’s been coming” is the full quote from after the Brora game IE “others are to blame, not me”. Emptied from the squad by 2 successive managers, says it all. 

Not wanting to derail this with Berra, but he is a example of a major factor in the failure from the last 2 years. Its experienced players who didn't step up when they needed.

There was certainly talk around the time of Stendel that Berra did not want to change the way we play and train so was actively being stubborn.

heatonjambo
16 minutes ago, pointon said:

Bette is a symptom of were are **** him 

Bette midler?

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He was wanting 2 days to turn after the opposition striker had skinned him

19 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

Davidson chat ?

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Recreational drugs.

Doug admitted it the other day. 😁

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Recreational drugs.

Doug admitted it the other day. 😁

👍😁

Mars plastic
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good luck to Berra

Dreadful patter. 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Certainly a pretty tragic fall from grace for a player. The worst end to a career I can remember. Wondering if he maybe felt there was a chance of contract extension. Neilson put contract talks on hold a couple of months ago. Maybe that was when berra started off in the huff. Delusional. I reckon he will be absolutely shite for Raith. They’ll be expecting a top class former Scotland defender. They better lower those expectations dramatically.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

He was wanting 2 days to turn after the opposition striker had skinned him

👍

38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Jo Davidson?

To many folk are far to sentimental on this forum just because they once played for us does not mean they are good enough or right for us now this includes players and managers 

heatonjambo
15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Jo Davidson?

No Jim I 🤔 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A major error of judgement from Neilson bringing him back.  I'm sure Dundee would have liked to keep him.

30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Certainly a pretty tragic fall from grace for a player. The worst end to a career I can remember. Wondering if he maybe felt there was a chance of contract extension. Neilson put contract talks on hold a couple of months ago. Maybe that was when berra started off in the huff. Delusional. I reckon he will be absolutely shite for Raith. They’ll be expecting a top class former Scotland defender. They better lower those expectations dramatically.

😂😂 he then went on to do a video when on Loan to Dundee after beating Hibs I think saying hi this is hearts captain Christophe Berra when he wasn’t it was Naismith .The guys a looser good luck to him 😂.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good luck to Berra

Do you represent the Robbie or Ann on this forum🤔

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Do you represent the Robbie or Ann on this forum🤔

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Berra I assume. He’s offski anyway. Shame to end like that. If it was him obv.

I like Berra and loved that he came back but he was always slow and since his injury even his ability to read the game has not helped cover that. He was a major factor in a lot of the problems - launching the ball , slow to react and poor defensive lapses as he didnt have the pace to be where he wanted to be. You can not fault his heart and determination in a Hearts top and to slate him (not aimed at you) as he is getting on here is not right. His drive is something a lot of players were missing last season when it mattered. You don’t go about with a petted lip though and don’t go slating the club , Stendel or Neilson etc in the press as he allegedly has. Its not a Riccarton 3 situation. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He may have said more off the pitch than he said on it. It may not have gone down well.

My theory about players having an input in advance of the Alloa game to spark such a stark difference in approach may have been wrong. That said “in-game time” some players may have not played entirely within their “zones”.

It’s possible that some players don’t feel they have been properly coached since Stendel left (not a pro Bongo post by any means)

We need rid

Its possible some players aren’t getting away with the shit they used too. Stendel is not a yardstick , he had different ideas but the success or failure of them is something we will always debate. Two wins v Rangers but some awful performances either side and one smashing of Hibs doesn’t really say he was a success or failure. Those sort of games are the only games we have turned up for in about 3 years.

“Within their zones” you know these are areas of the pitch but aren’t solid boxes they can’t come out of?

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I don’t think its a co-incidence that bringing Shay in then moving the defence about and having Haring in front of them has brought us back to a solid defensive footing again. Do you? 😉

48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not wanting to derail this with Berra, but he is a example of a major factor in the failure from the last 2 years. Its experienced players who didn't step up when they needed.

There was certainly talk around the time of Stendel that Berra did not want to change the way we play and train so was actively being stubborn.

Indeed

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Sadj 

Re zones - yes, not boxes they can’t come out of. But restrictive to natural instinct and decision making. 

And a reason for a bollocking/dropping if they dont stick broadly to their zone

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sadj 

Re zones - yes, not boxes they can’t come out of. But restrictive to natural instinct and decision making. 

And a reason for a bollocking/dropping if they dont stick broadly to their zone

Thats common though , work as a team and it can be successful , its when some follow it and some don’t you get chaos. Its not always restrictive to natural instinct either. Our zones are loose , you can tell that from the way players are all over the pitch. I don’t think thats the biggest problem. Attitude and application has been lacking. Players didnt buy into Cathro as he wasnt great as a man manager and he over complicated it. Stendel some didn’t buy into because it meant they had to work or it wasn’t natural to them. Robbie will be the same. To me the biggest thing is JS setting a structure throughout the club and having an identity throughout all the teams. Something we have got away from badly recently. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Bette is a symptom of were are **** him 

some_mothers.jpg

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats common though , work as a team and it can be successful , its when some follow it and some don’t you get chaos. Its not always restrictive to natural instinct either. Our zones are loose , you can tell that from the way players are all over the pitch. I don’t think thats the biggest problem. Attitude and application has been lacking. Players didnt buy into Cathro as he wasnt great as a man manager and he over complicated it. Stendel some didn’t buy into because it meant they had to work or it wasn’t natural to them. Robbie will be the same. To me the biggest thing is JS setting a structure throughout the club and having an identity throughout all the teams. Something we have got away from badly recently. 

Fingers crossed Savage has the bigger say mate. 

Fingers crossed he can also recruit managers that can play a team to suit the way he recruits players.

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yes he did have great season.

johnthomas
1 hour ago, sadj said:

I like Berra and loved that he came back but he was always slow and since his injury even his ability to read the game has not helped cover that. He was a major factor in a lot of the problems - launching the ball , slow to react and poor defensive lapses as he didnt have the pace to be where he wanted to be. You can not fault his heart and determination in a Hearts top and to slate him (not aimed at you) as he is getting on here is not right. His drive is something a lot of players were missing last season when it mattered. You don’t go about with a petted lip though and don’t go slating the club , Stendel or Neilson etc in the press as he allegedly has. Its not a Riccarton 3 situation. 

Its possible some players aren’t getting away with the shit they used too. Stendel is not a yardstick , he had different ideas but the success or failure of them is something we will always debate. Two wins v Rangers but some awful performances either side and one smashing of Hibs doesn’t really say he was a success or failure. Those sort of games are the only games we have turned up for in about 3 years.

“Within their zones” you know these are areas of the pitch but aren’t solid boxes they can’t come out of?

I don’t think its a co-incidence that bringing Shay in then moving the defence about and having Haring in front of them has brought us back to a solid defensive footing again. Do you? 😉

Indeed

Mixed bag of a post .

Haven't a clue where you get the idea Berra was always slow . Have you ever watched him ?

When Berra was past his best he still , almost certainly put in more blocks and won more headers than any other player . 

A player even not at his best who worked his arse off yet people (allegedly fans) feel the need to post nasty crap about him .

Inadequate arseholes

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

DS should of waited 3 days after his wedding because by that time the fun would of ended   😎

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Mixed bag of a post .

Haven't a clue where you get the idea Berra was always slow . Have you ever watched him ?

When Berra was past his best he still , almost certainly put in more blocks and won more headers than any other player . 

A player even not at his best who worked his arse off yet people (allegedly fans) feel the need to post nasty crap about him .

Inadequate arseholes

My feelings as well. 

Thanks, wish him well and we move on. 

He's not good enough for the level we want to be at, most if not all agree on that. 

Too many "Hearts supporters"  rip the club and players apart on here. 

Between silly nicknames for players to outright abuse you sum it up well. 

Inadequate arseholes. 

jambonian
12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Unfortunately Neilson's decided he's not bringing Logan in. He'll have his eye on some freebie from League 1 or 2 down south who's not deemed good enough for the club he's at. If not, he must be sticking with Smith at right-back with Brandon as back-up. Brandon should be one of the first out the door. He's just another hinger-on who's been here too long and never made a place in the team his own. He needs a new challenge elsewhere. Logan should've been offered a year's contract, competition for Smith until the younger Logan is closer to first team duties. Am i surprised he isn't offering Logan a deal? No.

• davemclaren locked this topic