New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

JimmyCant
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's it in a nutshell tbh.

There's no reason why we can't finish top 4. 

If we manage that next season then as far as I'm concerned that's progress and Robbie will have shut a number of folk up. 

If he doesn't manage top 4, he is most likely out the door. 

It's quite simple really. Let's see how it goes. 

You’ve watched that unfold all season and you see NO REASON we can’t finish top 4 ? None ? Nothing needing changed ? We just rock up with half a dozen Neilson type signings and March into Europe ?

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indianajones
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we manage that next season then as far as I'm concerned that's progress and Robbie will have shut a number of folk up. 

Extremely optimistic! 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

You’ve watched that unfold all season and you see NO REASON we can’t finish top 4 ? None ? Nothing needing changed. We just rock up with half a dozen Neilson signings and March into Europe ?

Yup. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Neilson is a talentless knob.

Still, Budge making another appointment will just be a debacle so I live in hope that she will **** off and take Wankson with her

Just now, indianajones said:

Extremely optimistic! 

It's not based on optimism, it is what needs to happen. Anything less is a failure. 

JimmyCant
Just now, Cruyff said:

It's not based on optimism, it is what needs to happen. Anything less is a failure. 

I’d say bottom 4 is a failure. Middle 4 is  okay. Top 4 under Neilson and I’ll come round every week and wash your car for you, with my tongue.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d say bottom 4 is a failure. Middle 4 is  okay. Top 4 under Neilson and I’ll come round every week and wash your car for you, with my tongue.

We should finish top 4 regardless of who the manager is. We're Heart of Midlothian Football Club, nothing else is acceptable. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Top 4 under Neilson and I’ll come round every week and wash your car for you, with my tongue.

Ooh can I have some of that? Actually a sponge would be fine. Mind you, my car's in London.

Oh and has op wiped his account this thread has the potential of the McGee thread

bobby bombscare
27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’ve watched that unfold all season and you see NO REASON we can’t finish top 4 ? None ? Nothing needing changed ? We just rock up with half a dozen Neilson type signings and March into Europe ?

Plenty of reasons why not! But plenty of reasons why we'll be better next season. The biggest of which is the chance to get the rest of the passengers, has-beens and wage thieves out the door. Doesn't matter who you bring in, the dross can only go when their contract is up or they can be punted onto another club! 

Many of the players we were still stuck with (White, Bobby Bombscare, Halkett, Olly Lee, Walker, Damour, Berra etc.) were all happy to lose every week, pick up there wages and then go and enjoy themselves at the expense of the club and the fans. Still a few to get out so they stop bleeding this club dry. Every one of leveins passengers that goes is another reason we will do better next season. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

soonbe110
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

If Robbie returns to his favoured formations then we'll do well to finish above the relegation zone and somewhere towards mid-table (7th/8th maybe) which will be seen as success for some people at the club. If he sticks to what he's changed to in the last few games and recruits better then around 6th/5th is not beyond us. It will all depend on his recruitment. However, if season tickets sales slump as expected then there's less cash available to recruit much better than we currently have. The fans are going to need an incentive to renew or indeed, buy for the first time and the quality we bring in will decide whether or not fans want to open their wallets. It's in the hands of the powers that be to make the decisions.

No incentive needed. It’s what we do ie renewing season tickets. Been doing it for nearly 50 years so have seen it all. 
Season ticket sales are usually important from a cash flow perspective to cover the barren summer period though that doesn’t seem to be an issue for us this year as we are already into the summer break and there’s no sign of season tickets going on sale. 
You need to remember that season tickets will be heavily discounted for next season as a result of games not utilised in previous season so not nearly as big a cash cow as normal. The Club will probably generate more money next season from walk-ups than it will from season tickets. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's fair. 

Gordon, soapy, Haring, Boyce and gms would be starting for any team outwith the OF. 

We are starting from a higher base than most promoted teams. 

Add  another 3/4 of quality and bulk the squad out with a few as well we are rocking. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Tbh, you'd be no good, there are other posters on here that could clean a fleet of cars with their slaverings. 

You're a bit too balanced. 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's fair. 

Gordon, soapy, Haring, Boyce and gms would be starting for any team outwith the OF. 

We are starting from a higher base than most promoted teams. 

Add  another 3/4 of quality and bulk the squad out with a few as well we are rocking. 

44317 posts and each one has been a steaming pile of shite .

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well said. 

Also, many of the usual suspects, including me have stated several times that if he had gotten sacked after Broro it would have been justified. 

He's not Been sacked, time to look forward. 

Cove, Broro...it will be Borat next. 🤪

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, you'd be no good, there are other posters on here that could clean a fleet of cars with their slaverings. 

You're a bit too balanced. 

UPWARD PROJECTORY

I think that was a week before we lost to Brora.

Incredible the way you’re happy to be embarrassed on here but then again you’re a confirmed vermin sympathiser.

29 minutes ago, pointon said:

Watch out the shills are about 

What's a shill?

Is it something that isn't the full shilling?

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

UPWARD PROJECTORY

I think that was a week before we lost to Brora.

Incredible the way you’re happy to be embarrassed on here but then again you’re a confirmed vermin sympathiser.

:greatpost:

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:greatpost:

12 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's a shill?

Is it not the folk that are planted stooges to help confidence tricksters. You know the ones in wheelchairs who miraculously can stand when a preacher heals them. That sort of thing. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
22 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:lol:

Heartsofgold

Can we close this thread please.  It's obvious that Neilson is going nowhere.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is it not the folk that are planted stooges to help confidence tricksters. You know the ones in wheelchairs who miraculously can stand when a preacher heals them. That sort of thing. 

When eBay first started a friend of mine got banned for shill bidding. He thought he would bid on the item he was selling to try and inflate the price. A pointless and fairly uninteresting story but it’s also the first time I’d heard the word ‘shill’. 

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Might be delayed because of the holiday. 

Turkishcap
26 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Classic, we live for replies like this.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When eBay first started a friend of mine got banned for shill bidding. He thought he would bid on the item he was selling to try and inflate the price. A pointless and fairly uninteresting story but it’s also the first time I’d heard the word ‘shill’. 

Always wondered if people did that. Never uninteresting when you are telling the stories mate 🙃

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Seconded. 

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Always wondered if people did that. Never uninteresting when you are telling the stories mate 🙃

👍 starting to look like there could be another storyteller on this thread. If your about @Hendoladdon’t leave the forum over this. Take it on the chin and move on. It’s only the internet after all. 

39 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's a shill?

Will see were the penny drops

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Players seem good. 

Seem happy, nothing to suggest they want rid of Bob. 

Hopefully most of the players are self motivated as well Tbh. 

🤔

Not a full compliment at the league winners get together...

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤔

Wasn’t paying attention. Who was missing?

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤔

who wasn’t there?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t paying attention. Who was missing?

Certain senior player not invited - not difficult to work out. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Berra I assume. He’s offski anyway. Shame to end like that. If it was him obv.

Edited by GinRummy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Berra I assume. He’s offski anyway. Shame to end like that. If it was him obv.

🤐

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤐

You suggesting he fell out with Robbie.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Berra did the same thing as he done under Stendel. Goes to the press and talks shite about the manager / other players performances. “I’ve not been playing but it’s been coming” is the full quote from after the Brora game IE “others are to blame, not me”. Emptied from the squad by 2 successive managers, says it all. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You suggesting he fell out with Robbie.

He may have said more off the pitch than he said on it. It may not have gone down well.

My theory about players having an input in advance of the Alloa game to spark such a stark difference in approach may have been wrong. That said “in-game time” some players may have not played entirely within their “zones”.

It’s possible that some players don’t feel they have been properly coached since Stendel left (not a pro Bongo post by any means)

We need rid.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Neilson is a talentless knob.

Still, Budge making another appointment will just be a debacle so I live in hope that she will **** off and take Wankson with her

Yet he played for Hearts! Your post whiffs of hibs. 

Jambo in Bathgate

Berra got in the neck for the QofS game. Quite rightly too. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Berra got in the neck for the QofS game. Quite rightly too. 

His performance or something he said about tactics?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤔

Probably someone who is leaving or signed a pre contract elsewhere I'd guess. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Cove, Broro...it will be Borat next. 🤪

I called them Cove for about a month. 

😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Who where you before? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably someone who is leaving or signed a pre contract elsewhere I'd guess. 

Yet still employed by the club and played more than enough games to be part of the “ceremony”

Jean Louis Valois
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra did the same thing as he done under Stendel. Goes to the press and talks shite about the manager / other players performances. “I’ve not been playing but it’s been coming” is the full quote from after the Brora game IE “others are to blame, not me”. Emptied from the squad by 2 successive managers, says it all. 

Good riddance to him. Should never have been back in the side after he was found out by Stendel anyway. Seen someone call him a club legend the other day on here, miles away from that in my opinion.

Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Good riddance to him. Should never have been back in the side after he was found out by Stendel anyway. Seen someone call him a club legend the other day on here, miles away from that in my opinion.

The club legend thing gets bandied about too much imo.  All down to personal opinion I suppose. 

• davemclaren locked this topic