Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No word from @Hendolad?

Not having a pop or anything just wondered if he's still sticking by his prediction.

He seemed sincere.

Section Q
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

11, I think we were 2nd bottom as well iirc. 

👍.....

I think Robbie's sacking is only a matter of time, but it's still a long way off unfortunately. No doubt we'll still sell a fair amount of season tickets. Younger fans who watched us through the Vlad years might be expecting too much of us. After all we're Hearts and we don't do stuff the easy way.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

👍.....

I think Robbie's sacking is only a matter of time, but it's still a long way off unfortunately. No doubt we'll still sell a fair amount of season tickets. Younger fans who watched us through the Vlad years might be expecting too much of us. After all we're Hearts and we don't do stuff the easy way.

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Even celtic are jobbies atm

We were spanking Steven gerrards rangers as well before demotion. 

Nothing to fear. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Nothing to fear. 

You forgot to mention bar a couple of end of season performances we have been shite a lower level

fast_blood
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

You forgot to mention bar a couple of end of season performances we have been shite a lower level

And for a little bit of perspective, we've seen a few of the top flight teams struggle against the championship clubs in the cup too. 

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, pointon said:

So when are we expecting announcement of contract for Robbie?

We’re not. He already has a 3 Year deal

7 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

And for a little bit of perspective, we've seen a few of the top flight teams struggle against the championship clubs in the cup too. 

And for even more perspective, they didn't get put out by pat time clubs in the earliest round of both cups.

17 hours ago, feej said:

Peter Houston?

Undefeated record as Hearts manager. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, siegementality said:

So where was your confidence a few weeks ago when you admitted that it was time for Neilson to go? You posted numerous times that the Brora Rangers (not Cove Rangers as you posted earlier) result was unacceptable and he should be sacked. What was that based on? “Emotional nonsense”? “fear”?

It’s amazing that “what has come before” is the reason for your confidence, yet the same “what has come before”, is the reason for a large percentage of people wanting rid of Neilson. We’ve seen the turgid football, the dreadful tactics, the pish poor signings, the embarrassing defeats, and we don’t want to see any more of it. 

A wee reminder that out of Neilson’s entire managerial career he has spent all but 18 months of it in the lower leagues. In the 18 months he was in the top league with Hearts there was constant chat that Levein was running the show, even to the extent of notes being passed down from the stand at Pittodrie.  

Neilson has made every excuse under under the sun (rain or wind depending on the weather) this season for pish poor performances, of which there have been many. His lack of tactical nouse and managerial ability has been evident. He happened to be the manager of the team that had the best players and were always going to win that league. Neilson and the club can bum that ‘achievement’ up all the want, he did what everyone in football expected him to do.

You, as you always do, just try to back the winning horse. When it looked like Neilson would be emptied you jumped onto it quicker than a fly on shite. Now it looks like Budge is backing him you have changed your tune completely.

Fear not though, this horse is a loser. The handicapper will catch up with it next season when it’ll be shown up for the plodder it is.

An excellent post. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Nothing to fear. 

You are clueless.

2 hours ago, martoon said:

No word from @Hendolad?

when was the decision being made by? Personally I can’t see us changing manager with the amount of money it would cost especially in the current climate 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Not having a pop or anything just wondered if he's still sticking by his prediction.

He seemed sincere

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, pointon said:

Won the league comfortably. 

No idea how that makes us shite Tbh. 

JimmyCant
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Nothing to fear. 

If you put Hibs Aberdeen Celtic and ourselves in a room together and have to pick the one that is most shite, who would you pick ? Sorry I should have said, who would a normal person pick given the current available evidence ( such as 3 of them qualifying for European football in the last month or so and one not)

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If you put Hibs Aberdeen Celtic and ourselves in a room together and have to pick the one that is most shite, who would you pick ? Sorry I should have said, who would a normal person pick given the current available evidence ( such as 3 of them qualifying for European football in the last month or so and one not)

They are better than us atm.

Next season I have no fear. 

We've already taken hibs down in a fight as well this season, and they're better than Aberdeen. 👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We've already taken hibs down in a fight as well this season, and they're better than Aberdeen. 👍

Hibs are an exception when assessing how good we are or otherwise, Given that it’s in their DNA to lose to us and has been since Robbo was a lad 

frankblack
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

when was the decision being made by? Personally I can’t see us changing manager with the amount of money it would cost especially in the current climate 

Season is over, league was won weeks ago so you would think that if they had intentions of changing the manager it would already have happened.

We are now in the planning stage for next season, and media interviews indicate that Neilson has the responsibility for the football side of it.

Clearly some on this thread think something is going to happen to force it, but there are no games left...

Des Lynam
47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Nothing to fear. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A0D2EA40-DA57-4B15-B4B6-8E62E83CB493.gif

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hibs are an exception when assessing how good we are or otherwise, Given that it’s in their DNA to lose to us and has been since Robbo was a lad 

No fear. 

The gap can be closed easily, it has Been by the likes of us and Hibs relatively recently and Utd were more than comfortable. 

We'll have new players. 

We are ofc playing catch up, but that would be the case of any manager taking us on just now. 

No fear at  all about next season and being competitive, just hope guys like Souttar, Haring and Gino stay fit. 

Europe might even hinder the the likes of hibs and Aberdeens league form.

Whoever is manager I expect us to be more than fine. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A0D2EA40-DA57-4B15-B4B6-8E62E83CB493.gif

You're confused easily. 

If Robbie was going to be sacked,it would 've been after the Brora debacle.

No way he's going anywhere soon.  imho.

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Since Robbo was a lad what about the 100years before that 🤔

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No fear. 

The gap can be closed easily, it has Been by the likes of us and Hibs relatively recently and Utd were more than comfortable. 

We'll have new players. 

We are ofc playing catch up, but that would be the case of any manager taking us on just now. 

No fear at  all about next season and being competitive, just hope guys like Souttar, Haring and Gino stay fit. 

Europe might even hinder the the likes of hibs and Aberdeens league form.

Whoever is manager I expect us to be more than fine. 

You keep carrying on believing mate. Admirable but totally deluded and completely without foundation but hey Ho, whatever floats yer boat 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JimmyCant said:

You keep carrying on believing mate. Admirable but totally deluded and completely without foundation but hey Ho, whatever floats yer boat 

It's not without foundation, I've laid out the reasoning several times, you can disagree but it has foundation.-

The gap has been closed before by us  and other teams. 

The leap from championship to top flight isn't insurmountable. 

We will have a big budget compared to most others. 

Robbie has past form for being consistent in the league. 

We'll have several new players. 

Having watched hibs and Aberdeen this season I think we can close the gap. 

Do you  think Robbies top 6 ambitions are too much for Hearts then? 

I found them a little underwhelming if anything. 

Vlad Magic

From what I can gather our managers are subject to quarterly reviews now.

I don’t think this was always the case.

I think Robbie will be asked to set out his first team performance plans prior to the new season starting.

These will be monitored and reviewed on the as above mentioned quarterly basis and he will be accountable if performance isn’t matching up with targets.

fast_blood
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

And for even more perspective, they didn't get put out by pat time clubs in the earliest round of both cups.

Fair point which absolutely nobody can argue against. 

JimmyCant
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not without foundation, I've laid out the reasoning several times, you can disagree but it has foundation.-

The ambitions are too much for Robbie but modest for Hearts. All of what you said above is achievable for a new manager, not for Robbie IMO

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The ambitions are too much for Robbie but modest for Hearts. All of what you said above is achievable for a new manager, not for Robbie IMO

Different concerns then. 

I think we'll be OK in the league whoever is manager. Under Robbie the cups will still give me concern. 

If we can get in about the top 4 I'll be relatively happy next season, I see no reason why we can't compete but I'm sure Aberdeen and Hibs will have different ideas. 

jambonian
Just now, JimmyCant said:

If Robbie returns to his favoured formations then we'll do well to finish above the relegation zone and somewhere towards mid-table (7th/8th maybe) which will be seen as success for some people at the club. If he sticks to what he's changed to in the last few games and recruits better then around 6th/5th is not beyond us. It will all depend on his recruitment. However, if season tickets sales slump as expected then there's less cash available to recruit much better than we currently have. The fans are going to need an incentive to renew or indeed, buy for the first time and the quality we bring in will decide whether or not fans want to open their wallets. It's in the hands of the powers that be to make the decisions.

May one-six
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good lad. I'm glad to see that not everyone on here is a right miserable b*****d.

stevie1874
14 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Fair point which absolutely nobody can argue against. 

The usual suspects just dismiss this fact. Sadly our only chance of silverware 

JimmyCant
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Different concerns then. 

I think we'll be OK in the league whoever is manager. Under Robbie the cups will still give me concern. 

If we can get in about the top 4 I'll be relatively happy next season, I see no reason why we can't compete but I'm sure Aberdeen and Hibs will have different ideas. 

The reason we can’t compete IS ROBBIE. Change that and we’re good to go

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Won the league comfortably. 

No idea how that makes us shite Tbh. 

We staggered to win it far from convincing 

Just now, jambonian said:

If Robbie returns to his favoured formations then we'll do well to finish above the relegation zone and somewhere towards mid-table (7th/8th maybe) which will be seen as success for some people at the club. If he sticks to what he's changed to in the last few games and recruits better then around 6th/5th is not beyond us. It will all depend on his recruitment. However, if season tickets sales slump as expected then there's less cash available to recruit much better than we currently have. The fans are going to need an incentive to renew or indeed, buy for the first time and the quality we bring in will decide whether or not fans want to open their wallets. It's in the hands of the powers that be to make the decisions.

It really won’t. 

Around 6th or 5th is not beyond us? Jesus ****. Have you watched Aberdeen or Hibs at all this season. They have both been very poor. Hibs exceptionally lucky with decisions. Thats the margins between them being third and fourth and lower in the league. 

Season ticket sales slump? Is that in the same way the FoH contributions have all but stopped by the vast majority as people told us would happen on here. Is that the same as after the season we started well and fell off a cliff people said we’d be lucky to sell 3000 season tickets? I think its presumptuous to assume the sales will be that poor just because a few people shout loudly about it. More likely is if there is no firm plan of how many or when fans will get back in there might be a downturn I don’t see it being the utter despair that people like yourself suggest

5 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Good lad. I'm glad to see that not everyone on here is a right miserable b*****d.

🤣🤣 

Nobodys mashes a keyboard like a moaning jambo 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

We staggered to win it far from convincing 

We won it easily, never in doubt since we beat Dundee 6-2.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I believe there are issues with some people on the football side of the set up as to just how good or well the players are being coached and how this is flowing into games.

bobby bombscare

I'm glad Robbie gets another season. We got promotion and this summer is another opportunity to clear some of the wage thieves from the squad. We can say all we want about formations but the simple matter is that the bulk of this team has had 4 managers in the last 2 seasons and there are players still happy to lose every week and pick up a wage for it. 

We as a club can't afford to pay off a lot of these contracts and have to run them down. So no matter who you bring in, they're working with a team full of passengers.  I npersonally wouldn't renew a lot of the contracts that expire and would look for players looking to progress their career rather players looking to wind down. Berra going is a good start!(although been a great servant). If we can try and get Naisy to retire, shift on Damour and possibly Roberts (depending as seemed to make an impact at Motherwell). Then there is space and funds to bring in young hungry players. Generally, whenever we have won something, our team has been almost exclusively young, hungry players or older players who have been at the club a long time and know they're playing for the jersey. 

Bring on next season!

fast_blood
18 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The usual suspects just dismiss this fact. Sadly our only chance of silverware 

In all honesty, I don't think "the usual suspects" do dismiss the fact. They may just move on from it quicker than others, as quite frankly it cannot be remedied until the next cup campaign. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Although I guess there are different forms of management.

Some managers will work on a system that players play to and won’t work overly on improving players as long as the system works.

Other managers will try and improve the players as part of the work that they do with them. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

In all honesty, I don't think "the usual suspects" do dismiss the fact. They may just move on from it quicker than others, as quite frankly it cannot be remedied until the next cup campaign. 

Well said. 

Also, many of the usual suspects, including me have stated several times that if he had gotten sacked after Broro it would have been justified. 

He's not Been sacked, time to look forward. 

Vlad Magic
32 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The reason we can’t compete IS ROBBIE. Change that and we’re good to go

Could you provide me with Wednesday nights lottery numbers please?

jambo-in-furness
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll said. 

Also, many of the usual suspects, including me have stated several times that if he had gotten sacked after Broro it would have been justified. 

He's not Been sacked, time to look forward. 

Moving forward is great if that’s what floats your boat

Me,  I would rather be inspired,  and Robbie doesn’t do inspiration I’m afraid.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jambo-in-furness said:

Moving forward is great if that’s what floats your boat

Me,  I would rather be inspired,  and Robbie doesn’t do inspiration I’m afraid.

I'm self motivated, in this case to support and be positive about Hearts next season. 

I don't need to be "inspired". 

jambo-in-furness
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I'm self motivated, in this case to support and be positive about Hearts next season. 

I don't need to be "inspired". 

Maybe not,  but the players do.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Maybe not,  but the players do.

Players seem good. 

Seem happy, nothing to suggest they want rid of Bob. 

Hopefully most of the players are self motivated as well Tbh. 

JimmyCant
48 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Could you provide me with Wednesday nights lottery numbers please?

of course not. Those are not predictable 

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite 

Aberdeen are shite 

Nothing to fear. 

That's it in a nutshell tbh.

There's no reason why we can't finish top 4. 

If we manage that next season then as far as I'm concerned that's progress and Robbie will have shut a number of folk up. 

If he doesn't manage top 4, he is most likely out the door. 

It's quite simple really. Let's see how it goes. 

Jean Louis Valois
8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Foxy not surprised, great coach another mistake by Hearts.

Wouldn't say it was a mistake, he was part of a honking coaching team that had us bottom of the league. Hardly a surprise he was punted along with the rest of them.

• davemclaren locked this topic