New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

jambonian
10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sadj 

Re zones - yes, not boxes they can’t come out of. But restrictive to natural instinct and decision making. 

And a reason for a bollocking/dropping if they dont stick broadly to their zone

Zonal yes. Said it for the last few years.

Remember Milinkovic (playing as left-wingback (?!)) under Levein and he took it upon himself to gather the ball, cross over to the other side of the pitch with it and swerve a dangerous cross into the box that we nearly scored from and Levein giving him a severe bollocking for doing so. I remember Milinkovic looking straight at him, shrugging his shoulders in a "What, i'm trying to create a goal here" gesture and shaking his head as he trotted back over to lwb position. He was pretty much dropped from then on. Zonal stuff doesn't encourage players to be creative, can affect their confidence and they start to pass the responsibility to someone else in the team to do something. It's no surprise to me why we've went through so many players these last five years or so. Players become uninterested and look worse in games than they are. This season alone we've played the majority of games with a two-defensive midfield set-up. By staying within their zones there's been big gaps in the midfield further up the pitch, to the point that a striker had to drop deeper to help create. This in turn leaves a lack of bodies in the box for any potential balls in from wide, particularly with teams that park the bus against us. The system we've played the last few games suits us better and it's shown that these players are very creative if given the chance. "It's great to play with the shackles off" Roberts said as he enjoys playing in the Motherwell team. 

Let players create, not stifle them.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Zonal yes. Said it for the last few years.

Remember Milinkovic (playing as left-wingback (?!)) under Levein and he took it upon himself to gather the ball, cross over to the other side of the pitch with it and swerve a dangerous cross into the box that we nearly scored from and Levein giving him a severe bollocking for doing so. I remember Milinkovic looking straight at him, shrugging his shoulders in a "What, i'm trying to create a goal here" gesture and shaking his head as he trotted back over to lwb position. He was pretty much dropped from then on. Zonal stuff doesn't encourage players to be creative, can affect their confidence and they start to pass the responsibility to someone else in the team to do something. It's no surprise to me why we've went through so many players these last five years or so. Players become uninterested and look worse in games than they are. This season alone we've played the majority of games with a two-defensive midfield set-up. By staying within their zones there's been big gaps in the midfield further up the pitch, to the point that a striker had to drop deeper to help create. This in turn leaves a lack of bodies in the box for any potential balls in from wide, particularly with teams that park the bus against us. The system we've played the last few games suits us better and it's shown that these players are very creative if given the chance. "It's great to play with the shackles off" Roberts said as he enjoys playing in the Motherwell team. 

Let players create, not stifle them.

Similar has happened with at least one player this season - the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

My feelings as well. 

Thanks, wish him well and we move on. 

He's not good enough for the level we want to be at, most if not all agree on that. 

Too many "Hearts supporters"  rip the club and players apart on here. 

Between silly nicknames for players to outright abuse you sum it up well. 

Inadequate arseholes. 

There are far too many ‘Hearts supporters’ who tolerate and celebrate mediocrity. You’re probably the worst of them.

jambonian
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are far too many ‘Hearts supporters’ who tolerate and celebrate mediocrity. You’re probably the worst of them.

For me there's two types of fan. Ones that aren't happy with what they see on the pitch and feel obliged to say something about it (even though they get criticized by others) and those said others who are just happy to bumble along accepting mediocrity, burying their heads in the sand saying everything will be fine. These are the types that Mrs Budge prefers, say nothing, keep your mouths shut and don't rock the boat. You could say that about some players and managers she's employed. It put up AND shut up and just accept what happens.

The Old Tolbooth

I've now got the fear that the clueless Neilson is going to get the war chest to waste (err I mean spend) and he'll still be here next season, come on Hendolad, gimme some hope here man! :oldsad:

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I've now got the fear that the clueless Neilson is going to get the war chest to waste (err I mean spend) and he'll still be here next season, come on Hendolad, gimme some hope here man! :oldsad:

We've jus signed Ross Stewart.... is this what you're talking about? 😳

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ross-stewart-signs-pre-contract

SomethingAboutObua

Surely with this being another signing/contract/release decision made the threads done? 

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Surely with this being another signing/contract/release decision made the threads done? 

Sadly true.

Now resigned to no change and the liklihood that next season will be just as poor/mediocre as the last few.

Very depressing.

20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He sends me to sleep... There's just no excitement from him is there? He's lowering the standards so he can say they're doing well and he's happy.

I really worry next season is going to be miserable as **** all while Neilson tells us all how great things are, and no doubt makes a reference again to Ann Budge saving the club.

Since Budge is backing her man in the same stubborn way she did with Levein, if he fails like Levein next season then that has to be it for her. No more involvement at Hearts. FoH transfer complete and she's gone completely (other than the shares she's retaining).

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We've jus signed Ross Stewart.... is this what you're talking about? 😳

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ross-stewart-signs-pre-contract

That's exactly the sort of shit that was giving me the fear mate, we've just signed Livvy's third choice keeper to be errr, third choice keeper at Hearts, and Robbie's best description of him is that he's good in the dressing room ffs, so was Bobby Zlamal, but he couldn't catch a cold!! 

57 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

This thread has been done from the start , did anyone really think AB was going to wave bye bye to Robbie if he we won the league! Not a hope in hell.

Just now, One five said:

This thread has been done from the start , did anyone really think AB was going to wave bye bye to Robbie if he we won the league! Not a hope in hell.

Was like when you get those flashy messages coming up on your phone saying 'Congratulations Apple user you have been awarded $10,000 of Amazon vouchers'. 

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

if only Hendolad could give us the rundown on why this has been delayed a few years.

Mars plastic

Folk actually believing a boy on a forum who said Neilson was getting binned. Oh. Ma. Sides.

Mars plastic
14 minutes ago, One five said:

Quote a few did actually. Goodness me. 

jambonian
Just now, One five said:

I don't think anyone realistically thought she would get rid of him. I think it's more to do with her allowing Levein to continue on and on and on until the continuous flow of decline was too much to stop and the concern that she's going down the same route with Neilson. I don't think the fans trust his judgement on new recruits and going by what's been seen recently, signing a third choice keeper from Livy, looking at a League 1 Forfar defender and not signing the Premier-experienced Shay Logan suggests they're right to be concerned. Then if it does all go wrong next season she'll eventually have to get rid but then the problem is that any new manager will want to assess the squad and yet again the squad will have to be changed to suit his style. I think folk would rather have Neilson going now before he gets to recruit players rather than in...say October time. If that was going to happen then the new manager would be able to assess the squad right away, change the coaching/style of play and freshen things up with the transfer window open. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was like when you get those flashy messages coming up on your phone saying 'Congratulations Apple user you have been awarded $10,000 of Amazon vouchers'. 

I’m sure if we had $1 for every “ I’ve heard” we would  have $10,000 😂

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Unfortunately Neilson's decided he's not bringing Logan in. He'll have his eye on some freebie from League 1 or 2 down south who's not deemed good enough for the club he's at. If not, he must be sticking with Smith at right-back with Brandon as back-up. Brandon should be one of the first out the door. He's just another hinger-on who's been here too long and never made a place in the team his own. He needs a new challenge elsewhere. Logan should've been offered a year's contract, competition for Smith until the younger Logan is closer to first team duties. Am i surprised he isn't offering Logan a deal? No.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reach-decision-on-permanent-deal-for-shay-logan-3222881

Hadn't seen this announced yet.

I am disappointed, mainly because he looked absolutely solid enough in the games he played for us, but also it makes you question; what the **** was the point in bringing him in on loan for 5 games at the end of the season, when it was pretty much wrapped up mathematically, if we weren't going to give him a 12-month deal?  We don't half make some ****ing stupid decisions, but this one really is something special, especially given the reasoning for it:

“I spoke to Shay a couple of days ago,” manager Robbie Neilson explained to the Evening News. “He has been brilliant for us since he came in but we have to bring the average age of the squad down. We had the oldest squad in the Championship. That's not Hearts.  

“Hearts is about giving young boys an opportunity – having young, energetic players who are hungry and want to push on. You also need a couple of older ones to help them.

“Shay has been great and I'm sure he will get a team out there somewhere. I think he can still play in the Premiership no problem at all.

"Hearts is about giving young boys an opportunity"?  That will be the same Hearts that didn't really give any of the young boys an opportunity, in a season where we were in the Scottish ****ing Championship?  The same Hearts that, even when we had gone 3 or 4 goals up in games, didn't think "right, let's take one or two of the older lads off with half an hour to go and give the young boys more than a 5 minute run out?".  The same Hearts that instead of giving one of the young boys an opportunity to play and get some experience, brought in a 33 year old player on loan for a grand total of 432 minutes of football?  This season was the perfect season to at least get some first team experience for the younger lads, and they were lucky if they got 2 appearances off the bench all season, with a combined 20 minutes of football.

"I think he can still play in the Premiership no problem at all."  So you admit that Logan would be a good enough player in the same league as we're going to be competing in, but we're not interested in keeping him on, which inevitably means we're going to end up playing against him and you know what happens any time we play a team featuring a player we've decided to let go?  Magic, cheers Robbie.  Again, it begs the question: "What the **** was the thought process in the first place?"

This nonsense is getting too much for me.  We constantly make contradictory statements in the media, make absolutely baffling decisions, and then don't have the consistency to even stick with them, instead making even more baffling decisions in a deranged attempt to one-up ourselves.

Edited by tian447

jambonian
Just now, tian447 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reach-decision-on-permanent-deal-for-shay-logan-3222881

I am disappointed, mainly because he looked absolutely solid enough in the games he played for us, but also it makes you question; what the **** was the point in bringing him in on loan for 5 games at the end of the season, when it was pretty much wrapped up mathematically, if we weren't going to give him a 12-month deal?  We don't half make some ****ing stupid decisions, but this one really is something special, especially given the reasoning for it:

"Hearts is about giving young boys an opportunity"?  That will be the same Hearts that didn't really give any of the young boys an opportunity, in a season where we were in the Scottish ****ing Championship?  The same Hearts that, even when we had gone 3 or 4 goals up in games, didn't think "right, let's take one or two of the older lads off with half an hour to go and give the young boys more than a 5 minute run out?".  The same Hearts that instead of giving one of the young boys an opportunity to play and get some experience, brought in a 33 year old player on loan for a grand total of 428 minutes of football?  This season was the perfect season to at least get some first team experience for the younger lads, and they were lucky if they got 2 appearances off the bench all season, with a combined 20 minutes of football.

"I think he can still play in the Premiership no problem at all."  So you admit that Logan would be a good enough player in the same league as we're going to be competing in, but we're not interested in keeping him on, which inevitably means we're going to end up playing against him and you know what happens any time we play a team featuring a player we've decided to let go?  Magic, cheers Robbie.  Again, it begs the question: "What the **** was the thought process in the first place?"

This nonsense is getting too much for me.  We constantly make contradictory statements in the media, make absolutely baffling decisions, and then don't have the consistency to even stick with them, instead making even more baffling decisions in a deranged attempt to one-up ourselves.

As i said in the post you replied to....am i surprised he isn't offering Logan a deal? No. He'd said he would see what Logan could do and if he does well he could be offered a contract. Well he did do well so where's his offer? I rarely listen to anything Neilson says because most of it is all faff anyway.

I do have to laugh (not in a funny way but in an ironic way) when he says giving young boys an opportunity....aye, Moore was given it...oh no, wait, you signed Roberts and Frear instead. Then to say Logan will have no problem in the Premier....i despair! Aye, he'll likely sign for someone else and rip us a new one. We're now left with Smith which in itself is fine but if anything happened we're knackered. Young Logan is just that...too young yet and Brandon the hinger-on will probably be injured yet again. No chance of Steven O'Donnell now either seeing he is at the Euro mighty Bayern M.......err, Motherwell. Way out of our price structure.

Edited by jambonian

gowestjambo
23 minutes ago, tian447 said:

"Hearts is about giving young boys an opportunity"?  That will be the same Hearts that didn't really give any of the young boys an opportunity, in a season where we were in the Scottish ****ing Championship?  The same Hearts that, even when we had gone 3 or 4 goals up in games, didn't think "right, let's take one or two of the older lads off with half an hour to go and give the young boys more than a 5 minute run out?".  The same Hearts that instead of giving one of the young boys an opportunity to play and get some experience, brought in a 33 year old player on loan for a grand total of 432 minutes of football?  This season was the perfect season to at least get some first team experience for the younger lads, and they were lucky if they got 2 appearances off the bench all season, with a combined 20 minutes of football.

The above is simply not true. Neilson is making himself, and unfortunately Hearts look foolish.

48 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m sure if we had $1 for every “ I’ve heard” we would  have $10,000 😂

😀 

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's exactly the sort of shit that was giving me the fear mate, we've just signed Livvy's third choice keeper to be errr, third choice keeper at Hearts, and Robbie's best description of him is that he's good in the dressing room ffs, so was Bobby Zlamal, but he couldn't catch a cold!! 

Can we move the goalposts to the dressing room? Just a thought..... 🤔

Turkishcap

I hoped for a change but not to be, can only hope Joe does the business.

Not going to get stuck into RS as hopefully he is like an emergency signing and I try to back anyone who plays for us.

Last chance saloon me thinks for all.

7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Not going to get stuck into RS as hopefully he is like an emergency signing and I try to back anyone who plays for us.

Last chance saloon me thinks for all.

Neilson's already in it, his glass is empty, the staff have ducked behind the bar, whiskered old codgers have dived under the poker tables and the fastest gun in the West (of Edinburgh) has drawled "draw".

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, One five said:

I dont think anyone believed it, but we were all clinging on to the hope! 

Now even the hope's gone I'm certain this is a troll by the OP

soonbe110
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

I don't think anyone realistically thought she would get rid of him. I think it's more to do with her allowing Levein to continue on and on and on until the continuous flow of decline was too much to stop and the concern that she's going down the same route with Neilson. I don't think the fans trust his judgement on new recruits and going by what's been seen recently, signing a third choice keeper from Livy, looking at a League 1 Forfar defender and not signing the Premier-experienced Shay Logan suggests they're right to be concerned. Then if it does all go wrong next season she'll eventually have to get rid but then the problem is that any new manager will want to assess the squad and yet again the squad will have to be changed to suit his style. I think folk would rather have Neilson going now before he gets to recruit players rather than in...say October time. If that was going to happen then the new manager would be able to assess the squad right away, change the coaching/style of play and freshen things up with the transfer window open. 

Maybe Logan prefers playing for Cove next season, as already agreed, rather than the four hour round trip to Oriam five days a week? Maybe he wanted more than one year to make the move. 
Who knows what went on. 

Boyces beard
On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

On 05/04/2021 at 13:52, Hendolad said:

Well he's never indicated to me what I've called him is an issue.

I know how this place and other forums work but let's wait and see what happens.One thing is for sure if I'm wrong I'll come back to take the abuse.Im not though, he won't be at the club next season.

Hendolad starts the thread of by saying he spoke to someone close to Robbie/Bob/Rob/Boaby......... then less than 1 hour later "Rob" has never indicated to him that calling him  Rob-Bob-Boaby is an issue. Robbie may well indeed know Hendolad and also may not mind being called Rob the Bob or Bob the Rob but to me it looks like top trolling from Hendolad. 67 pages and 3300+ posts.

It may still happen but i highly doubt it (i would love to be proved wrong and would love nothing more than Hendolad to be able to say "I told you so"), however it looks like Robbie will be in place for the start of next season.

Deid Heid
3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Last chance saloon me thinks for all.

The Hearts are like a Russian Doll of last chance saloons

The Old Tolbooth
18 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Can we move the goalposts to the dressing room? Just a thought..... 🤔

Ha ha, not a bad idea that 

Maroon Sailor

67 pages of a new manager incoming but looks like Bob, Robbie, Boab, Boaby, Robert, Bobert, Rob, Bobby Neilson will still be at the helm.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

67 pages of a new manager incoming but looks like Bob, Robbie, Boab, Boaby, Robert, Bobert, Rob, Bobby Neilson will still be at the helm.

I logged on just to ask that.  What happened to our ITK poster saying Bob/Rob was getting his jotters this week?

Looks like we're stuck with him.

Chuck Berry
On 01/05/2021 at 12:40, Hendolad said:

I've already said when he will be away.Nothing has changed.You are going to look very silly Mars plastic.

Have a nice Saturday everyone. 

Well played, well played indeed Sir, had us all going........

21 hours ago, pointon said:

Ross Stewart is a strange first signing for our new manager 🤣

Just Neilson’s way of letting everyone know that he’s in charge for next season.😩

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Well played, well played indeed Sir, had us ALL going........

🤔

24 minutes ago, sac said:

Just Neilson’s way of letting everyone know that he’s in charge for next season.😩

Tbh even if he was going I think that decision would be made. Gordon gives him high praise that will be noted by Savage and for the first time in a few years Goalkeepers is not an issue Gordon , Stone in time and outside of that back ups

Auld Reekin'
20 hours ago, jambo3tevie said:

Hendolad starts the thread of by saying he spoke to someone close to Robbie/Bob/Rob/Boaby......... then less than 1 hour later "Rob" has never indicated to him that calling him  Rob-Bob-Boaby is an issue. Robbie may well indeed know Hendolad and also may not mind being called Rob the Bob or Bob the Rob but to me it looks like top trolling from Hendolad. 67 pages and 3300+ posts.

It may still happen but i highly doubt it (i would love to be proved wrong and would love nothing more than Hendolad to be able to say "I told you so"), however it looks like Robbie will be in place for the start of next season.

He was saying what (nearly) everyone was wanting to hear and so was onto a winner right from the start. Like yourself, I'd love it to be true but recognise that it almost certainly is not. A very successful bit of trolling, unfortunately.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

He was saying what (nearly) everyone was wanting to hear and so was onto a winner right from the start. Like yourself, I'd love it to be true but recognise that it almost certainly is not. A very successful bit of trolling, unfortunately.

Its surprisingly easy to get bites from the gullible that you see throwing toddler tantrums on nearly every thread on the top few pages.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Its surprisingly easy to get bites from the gullible that you see throwing toddler tantrums on nearly every thread on the top few pages.

100%

David Black
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

You there, Hendo?

Is Hendo "H"?

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

Is Hendo "H"?

NOBODY answer that.  I haven't seen it yet 😐

David Black
1 minute ago, sandyk said:

NOBODY answer that.  I haven't seen it yet 😐

Well this is what happened.......