• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

south morocco
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

We haven’t got a competent board.

I think that’s what he meant😀 Frustrating times ahead unless changes are made.

14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I am saying that AB is now the problem. If you read my previous posts on this thread you will see that. I never wanted Neilson in the first place as I suspected what is happening now, would happen. 

You miss the fundamental point. Threads are starting with who will be the next manager - comments about Neilson leaving at the end of the season. Neilson ain’t going anywhere. 

AB has a habit of digging her heels in especially when it comes to being loyal with managerial appointments. All thought out and involving those that you could say are within her inner circle.

The only time she went left field was with Stendels appointment. There ain’t no way in hell she will do something like that again so yes, in her own mind, she will bury her head in the sand, hoping and praying that RN will come good 

She is self proclaimed at knowing nothing about football. Why therefore do folk think that she will wield the axe now, when she has proved time and time again, that she will be loyal to those around her, regardless of what the support think - 

Go and read my previous posts on this thread and others. I have made my own view point crystal clear that the day we “recover”, is the day she steps out of Tynecastle, and for good. 

I don't disagree with what you say, In many ways it echoes my own thoughts!

Budge can dig her heels in all she wants, however she has never faced the turmoil and down right rebellious mood in the camp in her 6 years of total mismanagement. This is uncharted territory for Budge...I don't know how she will react to the vitriol directed towards her.

She has now effectively backed herself into a corner, she has no manoeuvring space left. People, like myself have decided that enough is enough!.....I'm not prepared to pay for 2nd best, or an inferior product anymore.
Budge has embarrassed Hearts for far too long for my liking now, and I don't want to be a part of it any longer. 

The terms for Budge is simple...Sack Neilson, bring in football people with a long term vision. or else lose my small contribution. 
It might be small fry for her...but it's a big sacrifice for me.

Incidentally, I do read your posts. They are well presented and provide an articulate argument. Keep them coming.

14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Show me where I said he was ‘fighting relegation every season’. 
I said he was trying to avoid a relegation battle most seasons. Finishing anywhere in bottom half is exactly that to me. His ‘great’ season with Norwich was only a four month spell given it was the January he joined them. 
Don’t believe he is the solution to our problems. 

I think antti is Alex Neils agent.

If managers have such a thing.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, 151 said:

I think antti is Alex Neils agent.

If managers have such a thing.

not at all everything I posted was fact based. Just refuting some nonsense.  It’s like the board has taken on some trump like qualities. State it often enough and it becomes true in people’s heads.

is Alex Neil the best manager ever ? Obviously not. Has he done enough in his career to suggest he’d do a good job for hearts? Or at least warrant a shot at it?  It isn’t even a question! There wouldn’t be a better candidate available who we could afford . 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

There's no danger that a competent board would allow Neilson to continue next season. 

Correct. Dereliction of duty if they waste another season with an already failed appointment.

Ann really needs to just **** off to allow us to grow as a club. We cannot and will not move forward with her interference in footballing matters when she has shown time and again she hasnt a clue!

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

There's no danger that a competent board would allow Neilson to continue next season. 

That's the big problem right there.

The custodians of our club, namely Budge, is completely incompetent.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not at all everything I posted was fact based. Just refuting some nonsense.  It’s like the board has taken on some trump like qualities. State it often enough and it becomes true in people’s heads.

is Alex Neil the best manager ever ? Obviously not. Has he done enough in his career to suggest he’d do a good job for hearts? Or at least warrant a shot at it?  It isn’t even a question! There wouldn’t be a better candidate available who we could afford . 

He was earning more than McInnes until recently. Not suggesting either is the answer but of the two McInnes is more likely to be successful imo. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You weren’t posting facts though.  Other posters pointed that out. 
Didn’t win the Championship at Hamilton 

Didn't finish third at Hamilton. 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Given all that’s happened, Would you take him

over Neilson next season? 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The narrative they are telling themselves though, is that this is one of the hardest leagues to get out off in one of the hardest years in living memory.   Yet, it’s a fact that we won the league playing well short of our capability and putting in numerous half hearted performances.  That talk suggests they don’t get it or are trying to talk their way out of it.  Either way, this will not end well unless we see a clean slate.  New manager,  AB stepping aside and FOH finally becoming the owners.    I live in hope! 

50 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Given all that’s happened, Would you take him

over Neilson next season? 

No, don’t think he would be much better. 

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Budge can dig her heels in all she wants, however she has never faced the turmoil and down right rebellious mood in the camp in her 6 years of total mismanagement. This is uncharted territory for Budge...I don't know how she will react to the vitriol directed towards her.

She has now effectively backed herself into a corner, she has no manoeuvring space left. People, like myself have decided that enough is enough!.....I'm not prepared to pay for 2nd best, or an inferior product anymore.
Budge has embarrassed Hearts for far too long for my liking now, and I don't want to be a part of it any longer. 

The terms for Budge is simple...Sack Neilson, bring in football people with a long term vision. or else lose my small contribution. 

Incidentally, I do read your posts. They are well presented and provide an articulate argument. Keep them coming.

All good 👍 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I corrected my mistake didn’t I? They were 3rd when he left - and his record there was unbelievable. 

Edited by kingantti1874

7 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

This is where I’m at too.

If losing to Brora wasn’t enough for Robbie to get the sack, then he isn’t getting it now. No amount of whingeing from us is going to change that.

Yes, I am concerned about still being crap and caught up in a relegation battle next season, but to be fair, the only time Robbie has managed us in the SPL (possibly the only time he has managed there at all) he did fine results-wise, though the football was hard to watch after the style in which we won the Championship.

It doesn’t much matter though. Robbie is what we’re getting, so we may as well get used to it.

Well there’s no reason why we should accept or get used to Robbie Neilson. At this moment in time he hasn’t been sacked for some unknown reason so I’d hope they let him stay for the ICT and Raith games then someone in charge pays him off.

There’s no future for Robbie now that the support has turned against him and it would be better for all concerned he goes.

5 hours ago, OTT said:

:D Its going to be a sickener when he gets unveiled and his first signing is Jimmy Dunne :P 

Totally. I will officiate delete my JKB account.

(and create a new one)

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

We haven’t got a competent board.

Hey, we've got lots of lawyers and corporate folks!  

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not for me. I respect that we all have different opinions. What has Alex Neil done to warrant the opportunity? Nothing in my opinion. No idea who I would ask / offer the position to if I had the power, but it certainly would not be Alex Neil. 

25 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Paul lambert

Whats his record like? Hasn't he been punted by pretty much every club he has managed?

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What chance do Hearts have when people are turning there nose up at Alex Neil. Clearly a better and more successful manager than Robbie Neilson as well as Jack Ross. 

Edited by karipidis

Mars plastic
8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

This from a guy who thought Levein was a better manager than the guy who’s just taken Scotland to their first tournament in 23 years. Oh ma sides.

Mars plastic
9 minutes ago, karipidis said:

What chance do Hearts have when people are turning there nose up at Alex Neil. Clearly a better and more successful manager than Robbie Neilson as well as Jack Ross. 

Neil romped the championship and then managed in the best league in the world. Neilson goes to MK Dons and gets them relegated to League 2, but aye, Neil wouldn’t be an upgrade. 

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well there’s no reason why we should accept or get used to Robbie Neilson. At this moment in time he hasn’t been sacked for some unknown reason so I’d hope they let him stay for the ICT and Raith games then someone in charge pays him off.

There’s no future for Robbie now that the support has turned against him and it would be better for all concerned he goes.

We have moved on from

Can't afford to get rid of him, can't afford not to

To simply,

Really, can't afford not to.

Edited by DETTY29

hmfc_liam06
On 23/04/2021 at 06:30, Hearts1975 said:

The last I heard, Robbie has already identified and talking to potential new comers as well as some in the current squad to release 

I can’t believe there is genuinely people who believe that Ann will get rid of him. It’s just not happening folks. She would have done so by now, and if she was serious in the first place 

The cheque book will be opened and handed to RN. Like it, or not, he will be leading us into the premiership next year 

God help us. That’s about all that I can muster. Hopefully Ann leaves before long, and so we can start looking to progress on the football side. 

New Manager. It just ain’t happening. Might as well close this thread. 

Exactly the same as I've heard.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your second paragraph is bang on the money. I just cannot see how he can replicate the results he had first time around, and by playing the same way we have this season. There is zero evidence to suggest otherwise 

It appears to me that Ann now wants stability and has a desire to want to be proved right and vindicated that RN was the right appointment, because it was her preferred appointment. This could very well prove (yet again) to be her Achilles heel 

I understand the concerns, but There is evidence to suggest we can be consistent in the league. 

We are first this season for a start. 

There was nothing in it in the games v hibs and celtic and he's also done it before over a decent period of time with us. 

It's not guaranteed, and we might struggle but I think we are over estimating the other teams and if anything there is evidence to suggest we'll be more than fine in the top flight. 

The cups are a different matter. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Terms for Budge.... 

She has done that 

New CEO, Savage and JJ. 

The only thing she hasn't done is sack Neilson. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, cocomac said:

Not for me. I respect that we all have different opinions. What has Alex Neil done to warrant the opportunity? Nothing in my opinion. No idea who I would ask / offer the position to if I had the power, but it certainly would not be Alex Neil. 

So a manager who got Hamilton promoted, took them to the top of the SPFL for a month in the first season back, won away at Celtic, had everyone raving about the football they were playing , had them in third place when he left to go to Norwich, picked Norwich up and got them promoted, managed in the premiership and had Preston punching well above their weight, nearly got them to the playoffs twice and never finished below he they should be financially, despite his best players  being sold out from under him !! Isn’t good enough for hearts? 

the reality is - the view that he hasn’t done much is not based on Alex Neil’s career. - it’s Becuase he’s not a sexy enough name. Same folk would have been saying Steve Clark wasnt good enough! Alex Neil’s would be the best qualified manager since George burley. We’ve not had anyone else who’s managed at that level or with that level of success

what kind of manager do folk think we will get? Are we just going to dismiss everyone who is Scottish 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I understand the concerns, but There is evidence to suggest we can be consistent in the league. 

We are first this season for a start. 

There was nothing in it in the games v hibs and celtic and he's also done it before over a decent period of time with us. 

It's not guaranteed, and we might struggle but I think we are over estimating the other teams and if anything there is evidence to suggest we'll be more than fine in the top flight. 

The cups are a different matter. 

Do you not understand It doesn’t matter - the relationship between the manager and fans is broken and it can’t be fixed 

Every time we lose, or when we suffer his insipid performances there will be protests on the plaza. The negativity will be all encompassing.

it’s impossible for neilson to be good enough to satisfy the fans.

Edited by kingantti1874

We are going absolutely nowhere other than mid table premier league at best. Neilson did well first time round, but he has had any drive battered out of him after his MK Dons experience. It is now all about avoiding the worst rather than being the best. He will be quite happy being one of those managers on the merry-go-round moving from average club to average club, just as long as he can be in work. It is exactly the same with Budge. She is just a typical premier league director; frightened of ambition because of her previous poor appointments and happy to have a solid, but not great manager that will achieve averagely.  

As a club we are treading water and will not move on until Budge and Neilson go.

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So a manager who got Hamilton promoted, took them to the top of the SPFL for a month in the first season back, won away at Celtic, had everyone raving about the football they were playing , had them in third place when he left to go to Norwich, picked Norwich up and got them promoted, managed in the premiership and had Preston punching well above their weight, nearly got them to the playoffs twice and never finished below he they should be financially, despite his best players  being sold out from under him !! Isn’t good enough for hearts? 

the reality is - the view that he hasn’t done much is not based on Alex Neil’s career. - it’s Becuase he’s not a sexy enough name. Same folk would have been saying Steve Clark wasnt good enough! Alex Neil’s would be the best qualified manager since George burley. We’ve not had anyone else who’s managed at that level or with that level of success

what kind of manager do folk think we will get? Are we just going to dismiss everyone who is Scottish 

Good post and one which I absolutely agree with. Please please let it happen. Today I expect to be bored to tears and screaming at the TV in absolute frustration as we watch another master class in boring,insipid, gutless tippy tippy sideways walking football.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Do you not understand It doesn’t matter - the relationship between the manager and fans is broken and it can’t be fixed 

Every time we lose, or when we suffer his insipid performances there will be protests on the plaza. The negativity will be all encompassing.

It's too toxic now.

Neilson can barely afford one more bad result let alone a bad week.

And it will come next season and fairly early on too.

Neilson is getting relieved of his duties.  Less damage to be done by doing it by 2nd May than by end August.

2 minutes ago, henryheart said:

We are going absolutely nowhere other than mid table premier league at best. Neilson did well first time round, but he has had any drive battered out of him after his MK Dons experience. It is now all about avoiding the worst rather than being the best. He will be quite happy being one of those managers on the merry-go-round moving from average club to average club, just as long as he can be in work. It is exactly the same with Budge. She is just a typical premier league director; frightened of ambition because of her previous poor appointments and happy to have a solid, but not great manager that will achieve averagely.  

As a club we are treading water and will not move on until Budge and Neilson go.

If Budge does not sack Neilson after the season ends we as a club will be in real trouble because Neilson has proved he is just not up to the job. Every move has to be made by Hearts to employ Alex Neil as manager because I believe Neil is the man to take Hearts forward.

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, who knows?

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's too toxic now.

Neilson can barely afford one more bad result let alone a bad week.

And it will come next season and fairly early on too.

Neilson is getting relieved of his duties.  Less damage to be done by doing it by 2nd May than by end August.

that is bang on the money. End of October after multiple demonstrations on the plaza, boos ringing around tynecastle and a few more signs, stickers and maybe even aeroplanes. He’s a dead man walking 

15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

His "first and foremost try not lose, winning comes 2nd" strategy came about before he joined MK Dons. It's just that since then he's been able to show us that he now firmly believes it to be necessary to employ that strategy even when playing part time and non-league sides.

12 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Trophy day would normally be the day the Board formally praise the manager and look forward to what he can achieve next season.

If no such praise is forthcoming Neilson will surely be gone after the Raith game.

On the other hand...

On the BBC Sports site this morning in the article about Naisy lifting the trophy today there is what is called a quote from the club that says this 

However, the club added that winning "the most difficult league in Scotland" deserves to be recognised.

Normally that would be a “fair enough point” to make.

It suggests to me they are still out of touch with what the supporters are saying on this forum, bearing in mind it’s only a small percentage of our overall support on here -  it’s been a consistent theme of we have been ‘poor’ in a ‘poor league.

Either the person quoted is wrong or posters on here are wrong. I lean towards the board being out of touch, toeing a party line or full of it.

kingantti1874

The board and neilson think if we repeat “it’s a hard league” often enough folk will believe it. Fake News eh  😆

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I'd say it can be fixed. 

Most fans are results base. Only the noisey minority from the start will hold the grudge if we, For example win our first five games like last time, most will be looking forward and give him time. 

I personally think he should be replaced, but if he's kept on I'll go on results not emotional nonsense. 

We won promotion, if he gets a crack at the top flight I'll judge him on results there. 

If fans do protest after every defeat then in all honesty it is their problem and the group protesting will Likley be the ones as I mention above. 

Hopefully this group stay away from Tynecastle tho and do as promised-don't go to the games until he's away, the negativity might subdue a bit. 

As a side note, this group will turn on the next manager quickly as well. It's what they do. For example, if we appointed McInnes and Hibs beat us, we'd be back to where we are - quickly. 

The out thread was started in November. Says it all. Nothing to do with results, it's personal for that group and always has been. 

The Cove result has rightly turned the central ground and even myself to replacing him, but a good transfer window and a decent start next season will see them get back on side, they'll be balanced and use results as a guide. 

All imo. 

I'll be supporting us, renew my St and hoping we win, no matter who manages us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Still this speculation about the future of Neilson.

What is glaring, and fairly obvious has been the lockdown of information coming out of Tynecastle.
Apart from a couple of weak sentences about lifting trophies, hardest league...blah, blah! Where was Budge in the days immediately after winning the Diddy league?

I'm still not convinced that Neilson will be here for the start of the new season. I've no proof to support that, however, the lack of comms, Chairmans statements suggests to me that things are not perfect behind the scenes at Tynecastle.

Furthermore, If there is a fraction (Neilson in v Neilson oot camp) in the relationship at board level....I would expect to see certain people leave. 
I've said all along that Neilson's future will be decided one way or another in May, and not during this active season. 

For the sake of Hearts let's hope the oot camp wins the day.

Jeffros Furios
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

:cornette:

10 minutes ago, Jumper said:

On the BBC Sports site this morning in the article about Naisy lifting the trophy today there is what is called a quote from the club that says this 

However, the club added that winning "the most difficult league in Scotland" deserves to be recognised.

It suggests to me they are still out of touch with what the supporters are saying on this forum, bearing in mind it’s only a small percentage of our overall support on here -  it’s been a consistent theme of we have been ‘poor’ in a ‘poor league.

Either the person quoted is wrong or posters on here are wrong. I lean towards the board being out of touch, toeing a party line or full of it.

That's the thing, it is a small % of the overall support. However, it should never be ignored!

Just like when the BBC, or sky go out into the streets before a general election. A small, cross section gets asked who they intend voting for. And generally speaking these straw polls are a true, accurate indication as to how the country is going to vote! 

Jbk might well represent a small % of the overall fanbase. But as the only fanbase voice and poll out there the club would do well to sit up and take notice.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good response, you have raised some good points, as well as some average ones, but enough to make me read more about his career. I found this very interesting article https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/norwich-a-year-of-alex-neil/ which is a good read so stick with it as it is a bit strange to start off with. So on some of the points you raise and this article, I may be changing my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd say it can be fixed. 

Most fans are results base. Only the noisey minority from the start will hold the grudge if we, For example win our first five games like last time, most will be looking forward and give him time. 

I personally think he should be replaced, but if he's kept on I'll go on results not emotional nonsense. 

We won promotion, if he gets a crack at the top flight I'll judge him on results there. 

If fans do protest after every defeat then in all honesty it is their problem and the group protesting will Likley be the ones as I mention above. 

Hopefully this group stay away from Tynecastle tho and do as promised-don't go to the games until he's away, the negativity might subdue a bit. 

As a side note, this group will turn on the next manager quickly as well. It's what they do. For example, if we appointed McInnes and Hibs beat us, we'd be back to where we are - quickly. 

The out thread was started in November. Says it all. Nothing to do with results, it's personal for that group and always has been. 

The Cove result has rightly turned the central ground and even myself to replacing him, but a good transfer window and a decent start next season will see them get back on side, they'll be balanced and use results as a guide. 

All imo. 

Lose the first five and we look back at a missed  opportunity to replace him and struggle to stay up for the rest of the season. His recruitment has been awful and both cup results unforgivable. Listening to more excuses ? No thanks. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd say it can be fixed. 

All imo. 

Na sorry the relationship with neilson has deteriorated over time, many were against him before he even came back. His constant excuses haven’t helped him at all. He is just so dull and uninspiring and this hearts team are a reflection of that. 

Daniel Stendels hearts record was very poor, he made lots of mistakes he is widely supported still becuase he tried to play on the front foot, didn’t make any excuses. 

The hearts support are more than fair, the next manager will get a fair crack. Robbie has had his

13 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I think the quote was a bit cringey.  A bit naff. It’s like she just listens to some random stuff floating about football circles and goes with it ,instead of gauging it herself.  

I think she should look at how difficult the SPL has been for us over the last few years. Or maybe the club deserves a pat on the back for 3 mid table finishes and a relegation?  Seeing it’s the second hardest league in the country 😬

Last point, I’m not saying another 3,4 Hearts fans opinions represent the masses but it must be an indication?  Guys I acquaint with who, believe it or not, don’t use messageboards feel much the same as the accused “noisy minority” that others like to think only exist against the board or Neilson. 

In truth, If I sat down and counted I probably know more Hearts fans than that who feel the same.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, cocomac said:

Good response, you have raised some good points, as well as some average ones, but enough to make me read more about his career. I found this very interesting article https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/norwich-a-year-of-alex-neil/ which is a good read so stick with it as it is a bit strange to start off with. So on some of the points you raise and this article, I may be changing my opinion. 

great article. Thanks for posting 

• davemclaren locked this topic