New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Stendelnator
38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In the two most important games we’ve had against them in the cup finals we certainly didn’t bottle it and there is a a good argument to say our performances in those games deserved more than they got. 

And for whatever reason Aberdeen have regularly raised their game against the Huns. Whoever the manager. Equally whilst we’ve had some bad performances against Rangers recently in the “Budge era”’we have probably a better than average win record against them. I don’t know for sure but some statto I am sure will back that or bomb me out.

No but we still lost, as did Aberdeen. So why are they being accused of ‘bottling’ but we’re not? I just think it’s a lazy thing to say. On paper, finishing third and reaching the cup final looks like a pretty good achievement to me considering where we are right now. 

Pretty sure Aberdeen have won at Celtic Park and Ibrox more recently than us too. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Albert McFly

About a new manager being in place for next season is amazing to read and watch on here 

Enjoy the empty out of players being announced as soon as the league has been won and get your heads around our current management team being in place 

The Old Tolbooth

Nah, you're okay, I'll pass if this management team are in place next season thanks, because it won't matter what players we have. 

7 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

About a new manager being in place for next season is amazing to read and watch on here 

Enjoy the empty out of players being announced as soon as the league has been won and get your heads around our current management team being in place 

You couldn't post this on another thread ? 

Budge is completely oblivious to the anger of the fans. She'll see it and hear the anger, obviously, but she won't fully understand until she sees the low ST sales by keeping Robbie in the job beyond this season. 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Albert McFly said:

No PHM would have his Kickback handle containing the name Albert.  Methinks you are a supporter of the green persuasion.

I smell a hobo from a mile away. Even at our worst we still pump your lot 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Budge is completely oblivious to the anger of the fans. She'll see it and hear the anger, obviously, but she won't fully understand until she sees the low ST sales by keeping Robbie in the job beyond this season. 

The fans also have to do there bit and make her aware in no uncertain terms the reason we are not renewing our season tickets.

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

There is the capacity to briefly acknowledge via Club website in the present circumstances, for example, without going into any detailed response.  With remote working is there no-one who could respond to "customer's" complaints, barring the abusive; they deserve to be ignored.

I have written to SFA and had responses.

Just explaining what I have heard from someone who has a good position at the club. 

This is My Story Podcast

Robbies comments today don’t sound like a man that’s been told he’s being replaced in the summer 🙃🙃

5 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Robbies comments today don’t sound like a man that’s been told he’s being replaced in the summer 🙃🙃

🤮🤮:oldsad: sincerely hope not.

Albert McFly

Robbie is going nowhere! it's pure fantasy people talking about other managers 

Unfortunately people can't see past him as the issue and I'm saying he's the solution but maybe point more anger at the majority of the players who have downed tools after being told they are no longer wanted at our club but continue to take full wages with little or no effort

3 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Robbie is going nowhere! it's pure fantasy people talking about other managers 

Unfortunately people can't see past him as the issue and I'm saying he's the solution but maybe point more anger at the majority of the players who have downed tools after being told they are no longer wanted at our club but continue to take full wages with little or no effort

Who told them they are no longer wanted at our club??

Albert McFly
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Who told them they are no longer wanted at our club??

Who do you think multiple players have been told their contracts are not being renewed and others told to find new clubs 

2 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Who do you think multiple players have been told their contracts are not being renewed and others told to find new clubs 

I’m asking you..

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Let's be honest here, 99% of players are complete and utter mercenaries and only care about the salaries they receive, and couldn't give tuppence worth for the clubs they play for, and who can blame them? 

The line from the song "Players only love you when they're playing", has never been more true than nowadays. 

Hippy.

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye lets hold that against him as well because why not. I mean its not as if he got offered more money elsewhere while our fans were actively asking for him to leave, protesting and flying planes over the stadium demanding his removal. How dare he leave under those circumstances. 

If you think Neilson left because of a plane flying over Tynecastle then that's delusional thinking and shows him as a weak individual. Surely he would've wanted to stay and prove the plane-fliers wrong and to give them a "get-it-right-up-ye!" no!?

I believe he thought he'd taken Hearts as far as he could. Yes, he might've wanted a new challenge but if he'd hung around a few more weeks he could've possibly had the choice of a few clubs. Managers are always getting sacked down south, he could've held on and waited until a better club came in for him but, he didn't. He got out of Tynecastle at the first club to flash their keks at him. You also have to ask why the fans wanted him to leave. I was in Tynecastle week-on-week and almost every game at full-time fans (not all) booed the performances. We lost quite a few points late on due to poor keep-what-we-have substitutions rather than going all out to get that extra goal to take the pressure off. Also, there was no big hoo-haa or outrage by fans or even media when he did leave. He done nothing at MK Dons and he was soon given the bullet. Dundee Utd fans wanted rid of him for over a year, the most common complaint/moan was that the football is "shite and dull" (Where have we heard that before). Once again i didn't hear any outrage when he walked out on them to come back to Tynecastle. 

All Robbie needed to do was learn from past mistakes, change his style of play to an attractive one instead of this side-to-side, tippy-tappy stuff with little to no excitement. He walks into opposition managers' traps nearly every week and struggles to break teams down. 

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If you think Neilson left because of a plane flying over Tynecastle then that's delusional thinking and shows him as a weak individual. Surely he would've wanted to stay and prove the plane-fliers wrong and to give them a "get-it-right-up-ye!" no!?

I believe he thought he'd taken Hearts as far as he could. Yes, he might've wanted a new challenge but if he'd hung around a few more weeks he could've possibly had the choice of a few clubs. Managers are always getting sacked down south, he could've held on and waited until a better club came in for him but, he didn't. He got out of Tynecastle at the first club to flash their keks at him. You also have to ask why the fans wanted him to leave. I was in Tynecastle week-on-week and almost every game at full-time fans (not all) booed the performances. We lost quite a few points late on due to poor keep-what-we-have substitutions rather than going all out to get that extra goal to take the pressure off. Also, there was no big hoo-haa or outrage by fans or even media when he did leave. He done nothing at MK Dons and he was soon given the bullet. Dundee Utd fans wanted rid of him for over a year, the most common complaint/moan was that the football is "shite and dull" (Where have we heard that before). Once again i didn't hear any outrage when he walked out on them to come back to Tynecastle. 

All Robbie needed to do was learn from past mistakes, change his style of play to an attractive one instead of this side-to-side, tippy-tappy stuff with little to no excitement. He walks into opposition managers' traps nearly every week and struggles to break teams down. 

Agree with all of this, especially the last line.

Surely he'd have anticipated teams sitting in against us this season but he constantly uses it as an excuse. It's up to us to find a way around it but all we do is plod along side to side and then back again. 

14 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Wow 😳

Your telling me budge has told players they aren’t wanted? Wouldn’t the normal thing be to tell them after the season was finished?

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Your telling me budge has told players they aren’t wanted? Wouldn’t the normal thing be to tell them after the season was finished?

Er, no.  See Berra for an example.

Hackney Hearts
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Your telling me budge has told players they aren’t wanted? 

Did he say Budge? Surely it would be done by Savage or RN?

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye lets hold that against him as well because why not. I mean its not as if he got offered more money elsewhere while our fans were actively asking for him to leave, protesting and flying planes over the stadium demanding his removal. How dare he leave under those circumstances. 

That's good news.

If having the fans on his case was a factor in Rob leaving last time, it's about 100 times worse this time.

Your post raises hopes of a repeat performance. 👍

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Did he say Budge? Surely it would be done by Savage or RN?

Seems we should all know who does it.

14 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Er, no.  See Berra for an example.

I’m guessing Berra isn’t going to be involved in the remaining games though.

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Seems we should all know who does it.

I’m guessing Berra isn’t going to be involved in the remaining games though.

Was he on the bench last week?  RN said it'd been decided for a while anyway, and I'm sure other players will be 99% sure their time is up, even if it isn't set in stone yet.

Tbh, it's not a sufficient excuse, as managers still need to get performances out of players that are leaving, only on loan, or whatever.  However, our squad is in a terrible state, so I have sympathy for the current management.

ford donald
10 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

The club gets thousands of e-mails and letters each week. There is no capacity at the club to answer them. 

Should not be a problem replying a acknowledgement,easily set up,press a button,no excuses,just ignorance.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Should not be a problem replying a acknowledgement,easily set up,press a button,no excuses,just ignorance.

It’s just an excuse to avoid replying to legitimate complaints.

Mrs Mangle treating everyone with contempt, as usual. 

3 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

McCann has ruled himself out of the ICT job on a permanent basis.

Looking very likely Robbie will be manager next season anyway, is Robbie Deas out of contract in the summer or did yous give him a new contract?. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

That's good news.

If having the fans on his case was a factor in Rob leaving last time, it's about 100 times worse this time.

Your post raises hopes of a repeat performance. 👍

Fingers crossed like 🤞🏻😂

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

I don't think he left because of the plane, but I think an offer came in and he knew he wasnt wanted because of that and a number of other actions the fans had taken, so he took it. My point is only that to call him a traitor or to hold it against him in any way for leaving is wrong because we tried to drive him out! He gave us what we wanted! 

Agree with everything else you've said though, he's proven himself to be quite a pish manager. 

Albert McFly
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

She hasn't he has.......that's normal in football the majority were told in December to try and shift them but most aren't going anywhere while they get 100% wages for sitting around. problem with this forum is most people live a fantasy land thinking we'll have a new manager next year

9 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

She hasn't he has.......that's normal in football the majority were told in December to try and shift them but most aren't going anywhere while they get 100% wages for sitting around. problem with this forum is most people live a fantasy land thinking we'll have a new manager next year

That's the irony!

Imagine this group of players being told by this clown of a manager that they weren't good enough to be at Hearts!
They must have pi$$ed themselves laughing when the fraud broke the news to them.

I would imagine that the most likely scenario was that the players whose contracts end at the end of this season would be screaming at their agents to get them out of this sh*tshow.
The others, as you allude to with a year or two left will probably ride out Neilson's anti football, snorefest!

However, the likelihood is that Neilson is the one that is done!.....Lost the dressing room, lost the fans.....Not really much going for him...Budge will act sooner rather than later....She cannot afford not to!

Edited by Hashimoto

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Why am I getting texts from mates saying Alex Neil is incoming?  Have I missed something or is this just wishful thinking and gossip?

4 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Why am I getting texts from mates saying Alex Neil is incoming?  Have I missed something or is this just wishful thinking and gossip?

Don't think you've missed anything.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 minute ago, jamboman9 said:

Don't think you've missed anything.

He fits the type of guy we need to move us forward for sure

This thread will be like the "Rise and fall of the SNP" thread in the Shed.

It'll go on for years and nothing will change.

Albert McFly
18 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Unfortunately they have read the fantasy on here, he's here to stay whether it's liked or not.......but be careful you'll get called a hibs fan for talking about it 

20 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Deas is signed up until end of 22/23 season.

Good player definitely someone Hearts should be looking at 👍

All the best 👍

If we fail to get promoted this season, Robbie will be gone. If we do get promoted, he'll be manager at the start of next season. Simples....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok following up from my open post on this page (I said to my son after that I wouldn't post again) Robbie or whatever you want to call him will leave the club within a fortnight.New manager is in place and between him and Savage signing targets have been identified.

If our manager isn't gone by then I will close my Kickback account down.as before believe what you want but I thought this may be of some interest. 

• davemclaren locked this topic