New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Since when did we turn into a fan base that demanded a manager played a certain way or type of football ? In all my years of watching hearts I can’t ever recall this demand. Whenever we have been looking for a manager we have looked for Some sort of previous success or overachiever. I’ll take someone who wins us football matches over another Stendel type who plays the right way, apparently. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prince Buaben

We dont need another ex player coming here and ruining there reputation by doing a shite job ffs.

McCann hasn't done much to think he would get this shower going or be able to rehaul the sqaud. He spent money on Jack Hamilton.at Dundee.

Surprised that Paul Hartley hasnt been mentioned. 

We need a strong individual would has no connection to anyone in the dressing room and who the players show respect for.

Anyway all mute points as Rob is not going anywhere

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Since when did we turn into a fan base that demanded a manager played a certain way or type of football ? In all my years of watching hearts I can’t ever recall this demand. Whenever we have been looking for a manager we have looked for Some sort of previous success or overachiever. I’ll take someone who wins us football matches over another Stendel type who plays the right way, apparently. 

We just need a good manager. Not a shit one like the current incumbent. 

glynnlondon
56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, but thankfully Board won't be. 

Certain fans have  already done the anything but Robbie mk 1, cathro, CL thing. Worked out well. 

The board will need to be more strategic and think beyond every one oot, especially as atc leas this time we on for promotion. 

Is this board capable of that ?

That would require a level of competence I doubt they possess.

Maybe they'll get lucky ( throw enough darts one should eventually stick ).

Rick Sanchez

I couldn't give a toss about style. Keeping more goals out and scoring one more than the opposition does me nicely.

Tony Pulis football is fine with me.

1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

We dont need another ex player coming here and ruining there reputation by doing a shite job ffs.

McCann hasn't done much to think he would get this shower going or be able to rehaul the sqaud. He spent money on Jack Hamilton.at Dundee.

Surprised that Paul Hartley hasnt been mentioned. 

We need a strong individual would has no connection to anyone in the dressing room and who the players show respect for.

Anyway all mute points as Rob is not going anywhere

He is almost certainly going. The clubs posture and the total lack of a supportive statement tells you that

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Like you Neil would be my preferred choice but I don’t see it. Alternatively, Billy Davies as the ***** knew what he was talking about a few years ago when he gave his critique of the club. Thats not a serious suggestion folks.

Painful stuff. I dislike Davies.

He pretty much called it bang on tho.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I’d like someone who could do both.

Winning ugly is still winning but, currently we’re not winning and actually getting worse

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I couldn't give a toss about style. Keeping more goals out and scoring one more than the opposition does me nicely.

Tony Pulis football is fine with me.

Yep, another myth is that Hearts fans are expecting Barca-style football.

It isn't true. what we expect is football that is capable of breaking down amateur defensive formations and that usually means an element of urgency, pace and positivity.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Winning ugly is still winning but, currently we’re not winning and actually getting worse

If the football is turgid it is fine when you are winning because we just want to win. Problem comes if you stop winning and you have nothing to fall back on.

If you are like, say, Leeds, and you have a few bad results you can at least point to the way you play as being effective overall and exciting.

Likewise, if you are not winning but the team is packed with young talent then you can say you are developing an exciting young team.

What can Robbie fall back ion right now? Ah yes, everyone else is worse than us. That's it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

If the football is turgid it is fine when you are winning because we just want to win. Problem comes if you stop winning and you have nothing to fall back on.

If you are like, say, Leeds, and you have a few bad results you can at least point to the way you play as being effective overall and exciting.

Likewise, if you are not winning but the team is packed with young talent then you can say you are developing an exciting young team.

What can Robbie fall back ion right now? Ah yes, everyone else is worse than us. That's it.

There’s a good phrase in football - performances catch up with you.

Which is to say that playing poorly once in a while and winning is fine. “Good teams find a way to win” etc etc. But being a fundamentally shite team while winning some games makes you nothing more than a fundamentally shite team. And eventually you’ll run out of luck.

Neilson’s Hearts are fundamentally shite. He got away with it for a while because of the dismal league we’re in. But now the truth is showing itself properly and rather than rectifying the form (because he doesn’t have the talent) he’s churning out every excuse he can think of.

In short, this was always going to happen because of the ‘performances don’t matter’ mindset which the club is riddled with. It’s the reason why so many of us were opposed to Supergran reappointing Snoreson. It was so ****ing obvious as well.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s funny but it’s not funny.

I wouldn’t miss any of these players

perhaps Gordon

There’s not one of them that excites you when they get the ball. You don’t watch games wondering how we’ll play because you know how we’ll play.

Sad state of affairs and saying it’s okay that we’re guff because everyone else is is just pathetic 

See if a benefactor is still out there with a few hundred grand just burning a hole in their pocket? Give it to the club to get Alex Neil over the line. 

Otherwise, I think there is a good argument to either Duncan Ferguson or Stephen Robinson. Ferguson is risky but I think would have the backing of the fans, Robinson would be a safe pair of hands to get the squad fixed. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

See if a benefactor is still out there with a few hundred grand just burning a hole in their pocket? Give it to the club to get Alex Neil over the line. 

Otherwise, I think there is a good argument to either Duncan Ferguson or Stephen Robinson. Ferguson is risky but I think would have the backing of the fans, Robinson would be a safe pair of hands to get the squad fixed. 

All this talk of Duncan Ferguson is unrealistic in my opinion! He'll be on a fortune down at Everton so no way he's going to uproot his settled family for Hearts job 

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, another myth is that Hearts fans are expecting Barca-style football.

It isn't true. what we expect is football that is capable of breaking down amateur defensive formations and that usually means an element of urgency, pace and positivity.

It’s a pretty simple principle. If you have the better players AND just as important, you have greater will to win, you’ll win most times. Our problem is we have the better players, in this league but we’re combining it with rock bottom will to win, drive, motivation. All things that can be levellers, we are lacking in.

john thomas
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s funny but it’s not funny.

I wouldn’t miss any of these players

perhaps Gordon

There’s not one of them that excites you when they get the ball. You don’t watch games wondering how we’ll play because you know how we’ll play.

Sad state of affairs and saying it’s okay that we’re guff because everyone else is is just pathetic 

I think we have quite a few decent players . We also have a poor , underperforming team . Unlike the experts on here I don't know why this is but , unfortunately , I think we do need to change the coaching team . People who can change the mindset of the squad .

Neil would be a great bit of business , don't know how realistic this is

30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Wont argue with that regarding current efforts. Someone who does both would  be great but doubt it’s easy to find. I’d bite your hand off for someone who wins matches and gets back to where we should be though regardless of how we play. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you think we are organised right now then I’ll leave you to it. 

I don't see how a team top of the Championship can't be organised ffs. 

The need to dramatise everything on here is ridiculous. 

You fail to adress many of the other points either. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

We’ve tried the young and innovative in Cathro, abject failure. We tried the safe and experienced hands of Levein, he expensively failed. We tried the exciting foreign manager in Stendel and we were trash and it led to us being in Championship. We then tried the last manager to have a modicum of at success at the club, and he has brought about the biggest footballing embarrassment the club has ever seen.

Like you Neil would be my preferred choice but I don’t see it. Alternatively, Billy Davies as the ***** knew what he was talking about a few years ago when he gave his critique of the club. Thats not a serious suggestion folks.

I’m hoping the departure of most of that playing squad, significantly improves whoever in charge chances, by seeing the back of sub standard players, who have a stench of failure about them.

Agree with all of that. 

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

McCann was hated by the Dundee players.  I don't think we need a divisive character at the moment

That’s exactly what we need. With possibly three to four exceptions the current squad is made up of lazy self centred players who are more interested in their wages. We need someone with a good footballing pedigree to shake these clowns up.
Those who think McCann should be counted out because of his record at Dundee should reflect that using that criteria would have seen Alex Ferguson sacked in his first season at Man U.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

That’s exactly what we need. With possibly three to four exceptions the current squad is made up of lazy self centred players who are more interested in their wages. We need someone with a good footballing pedigree to shake these clowns up.
Those who think McCann should be counted out because of his record at Dundee should reflect that using that criteria would have seen Alex Ferguson sacked in his first season at Man U.

:berra:

42 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All this talk of Duncan Ferguson is unrealistic in my opinion! He'll be on a fortune down at Everton so no way he's going to uproot his settled family for Hearts job 

The post on here made it sound like he was interested. I don't think it is a money orientated move, it would be about career progression. 

I think all managers have a bit of an ego about them and I reckon he liked his taste of managing Everton. If he wants to get the experience to be in a position to take on the Everton job then he'll need to build up his CV. 

Plenty lower league English jobs kicking about though, but they're quick to boot out managers. He'd get time here. 

Financially, still a healthy drop in wages, but you never know!

36 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Wont argue with that regarding current efforts. Someone who does both would  be great but doubt it’s easy to find. I’d bite your hand off for someone who wins matches and gets back to where we should be though regardless of how we play. 

It’d certainly be a start

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

The post on here made it sound like he was interested. I don't think it is a money orientated move, it would be about career progression. 

I think all managers have a bit of an ego about them and I reckon he liked his taste of managing Everton. If he wants to get the experience to be in a position to take on the Everton job then he'll need to build up his CV. 

Plenty lower league English jobs kicking about though, but they're quick to boot out managers. He'd get time here

Financially, still a healthy drop in wages, but you never know!

aye about as much time as you could say Hibs 1 Hearts 0 oot the door

The White Cockade

Find it very hard to believe we have somebody else lined up and Robbie knows he’s going after the league is won

Makes no sense to me 

If it was that cut and dried then surely board would want him gone ASAP and Robbie wouldn’t want to hang about

I still think he will be here next season 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It seems big Fergie is unlikely to come back to Scotland for any job. Who can blame him, big dunny as I like to call him is revered by the blue half of Merseyside. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Find it very hard to believe we have somebody else lined up and Robbie knows he’s going after the league is won

Makes no sense to me 

If it was that cut and dried then surely board would want him gone ASAP and Robbie wouldn’t want to hang about

I still think he will be here next season 

It appears it would save face for both sides if it’s by mutual consent, he goes with our best wishes and both sides reputation is intact. 
His pals can then say he was harshly treated so some other mug takes him on. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It appears it would save face for both sides if it’s by mutual consent, he goes with our best wishes and both sides reputation is intact. 
His pals can then say he was harshly treated so some other mug takes him on. 

He was hounded out Mk2, sub titled revenge of the pant wetters.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

They were celebrating when he left Dundee United too. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Especially when they don’t like the new manager because he will

hopefully rip up and fix everything Levein and his protege have done. 

ford donald
47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It seems big Fergie is unlikely to come back to Scotland for any job. Who can blame him, big dunny as I like to call him is revered by the blue half of Merseyside. 

Ferguson coming to Hearts,zero chance of that happening,having a laugh,some people on here have their heads in the clouds permanently!

ford donald
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

McCann is a decent, cheaper, alternative but I do wonder if he has the experience and authority to really make a difference in the current culture at the club. 

Do a better job than the current manager,another bloomer by Budge not appointing him before RN.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Ferguson coming to Hearts,zero chance of that happening,having a laugh,some people on here have their heads in the clouds permanently!

They’re usually the ones that backed Craig, Ann and Rob. 
As I said it’s unlikely big Duncy would leave Everton or come back to Scotland for any job

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re usually the ones that backed Craig, Ann and Rob. 
As I said it’s unlikely big Duncy would leave Everton or come back to Scotland for any job

Is that a definite YES or a definite NO?

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Derek Mcinnes will be the next manager 

Why do you think so?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Do a better job than the current manager,another bloomer by Budge not appointing him before RN.

Got Dundee relegated by quite a distance. Doing some good work now but that's an open debate. His temper seems to have got the better of him, maybe maturing now but no real sustained evidence to suggest he is right for us. Who is I suppose...

Not really for any of the above tbh. 

Neil, too connected to Savage and more of the same "jobs for the boys". 

McInnes, done well with Aberdeen but played shite football and shat it from Celtic when it mattered. 

Both Neil and McInnes would drop their kegs at the OF the minute they achieved anything. 

I like Neil McCann, tries to play nice football but hasn't proven himself at the level of Neil or McInnes. Plus a former Hearts legend. It's not really an episode we want to re-visit. 

They can all, 

:bolt:

A foreign coach is the way to go. Someone who has massive experience and coached in Europe & has won or challenged for Trophies. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Especially when they don’t like the new manager because he will

hopefully rip up and fix everything Levein and his protege have done. 

Can’t wait, I keep hoping we can achieve something, with the support we have we should! But no doubt the board will find new ways of pissing off the golden goose.

Edited by jamboozy

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboozy said:

Can’t wait, I keep hoping we can achieve something, with the support we have we should! But no doubt the board will find new ways of pissing of the golden goose.

It’s why they have to go also, they e had their chance and look where we are and the money that’s been wasted on their watch. Would any other company put up with this level of incompetence from the vast majority of the business?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Is that a definite YES or a definite NO?

A no from what I hear, not ITK or anything. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s why they have to go also, they e had their chance and look where we are and the money that’s been wasted on their watch. Would any other company put up with this level of incompetence from the vast majority of the business?

Every company is measured by its success or growth, that’s why I cannot for the life of me understand why media and the odd crackpot can’t or won’t see our viewpoint on this.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

Based on what exactly? Neilson's CV was more fitting of a Hearts manager than McCann's was.

Recency bias is taking hold here.  McCann after a bit of a shaky start at Inverness is making his mark on the team and they're on a good run of form whilst scoring goals in the process.  Would the people suggesting he would be a good fit for the role be saying similar if Inverness weren't on this good run?

If he hadn't played for the club previously he wouldn't be getting considered and that should be enough to rule him out.

38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

McInnes, done well with Aberdeen but played shite football and shat it from Celtic when it mattered. 

Both Neil and McInnes would drop their kegs at the OF the minute they achieved anything. 

I like Neil McCann, tries to play nice football but hasn't proven himself at the level of Neil or McInnes. Plus a former Hearts legend. It's not really an episode we want to re-visit. 

They can all, 

A foreign coach is the way to go. Someone who has massive experience and coached in Europe & has won or challenged for Trophies. 

👍

On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

Zero chance he will be removed I simply don’t believe this story 

I hope I am proved wrong but budge will not remove him not a chance. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Every company is measured by its success or growth, that’s why I cannot for the life of me understand why media and the odd crackpot can’t or won’t see our viewpoint on this.

It doesn’t suit their agenda, can’t be criticising a Scot that knows his place. 

Marooned Abroad

After the Brora fiasco I wrote to Ann Budge in very reasonable terms, copied in Stuart Wallace, and wrote to The Scotsman. The Scotsman printed my letter the following Saturday, but I’ve had nothing from the Club, not even an acknowledgement. I’m pretty disgusted and even more demotivated now.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

You can call it paranoia but all my previous paranoias about the institution of Scottish Football have been proven as reality, and some still are ongoing. 

The truth is the media, by and large, don't want Hearts to challenge the Uglies and the BBC darlings, Aberdeen and so they are quite happy for us to stumble along and will do nothing to contribute in shaking up the mediocrity that seems to have taken over our club.

You could add to that, according to the commentary on the Hibs cup game in Dumfries, we are now going to have to compete with the Barcelona of Scottish football when we hump Hibs in the derbies next season.

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, Marooned Abroad said:

After the Brora fiasco I wrote to Ann Budge in very reasonable terms, copied in Stuart Wallace, and wrote to The Scotsman. The Scotsman printed my letter the following Saturday, but I’ve had nothing from the Club, not even an acknowledgement. I’m pretty disgusted and even more demotivated now.

Any chance of putting your letter up on here?

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

They can all, 

Yes and no, I like the idea of it if we could get someone with good pedigree, maybe someone who could attract players but that takes a big name, like a Gerrard, plus equally it’s a

risk factor going for someone that doesn’t know the league in our first season back. Especially with covid etc, the reality is we’re not going to be bringing in a team of rudis and fysass from across the continent to play wonderball next season. It just ain’t happening. We are going to need a new core of several really good value for money players because we’ll be spread thin, we need to sign a lot of players.

I reckon for the first season back we could do a lot worse than McInnes or Neil due to the fact that they’ve been live and kicking at our financial level these last couple of years, they have the up to date knowledge of Championship, League 1 and SPL pool of players, the players who are about and within reach. 

Its the initial rebuild from a shambolic mess through good signings that is the main box McInnes ticks, folk just dismiss the fact that Aberdeen were 9th and all at sea when he took over. He focused on signing good players who worked their socks off for him. I don’t know about Neil as much, tbh the only signing I’m aware of that he made was spending £8m on Steven Naismith and that didn’t go well. Signings are the key for us next season we need someone who is plugged in to the sphere of players within the British isles that we’re going to be in the market for.

Just feels like such a long long time since we had someone with that eye for a good value SPL level player who can win you games and handle the pressure of playing for a club this size. 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic