New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

13 minutes ago, ford donald said:

No,Ruby.

I remember Neil Murray, big centre half 70s I think. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

I'm not sure you can really criticise him for holding onto two of his best players for too long, the decision to sell usually comes from above anyway.  You could argue we have made similar mistakes in not selling Souttar or Uche when there was interest in them or allowing Bjorn Johnson to leave for nothing.  Hindsight is a fine thing.

He's also been criticised for the lack of youngsters that he brought through but how many kids left Aberdeen and 'made it' with other clubs? I don't see the point in persevering with kids that aren't good enough, the faith we put in Jack Hamilton and a few others certainly didn't do us any favours.

To be honest I'd rather have Neil or someone with a similar profile but if we aren't able to persuade him to come I would be happy with McInness, even if it was just for a couple of seasons to steady the sinking ship.  I'd chose watching a winning team to one that plays nice football (whatever that is) that finishes mid table every time.

That's fair enough, however many people are sick of attritional football. Personally I feel Mcinnes needs a break to reinvent himself. He looked tired and out of ideas.

For both parties I think it would be frying pan to fire. I think its hypothetical in any case really don't see him working under or with Savage. 

We are actually top of a table just now, don't know your thoughts on that at all in all honesty, but its not making very many happy. Mid table drawing 0 0 every other week I suspect is not going to appease those as it might yourself 

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

winger and absolutely useless

13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Don Murray, from Cardiff. 

8 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

What games were you entertained by under Stendel? One of the countless ones where our high line was easily exploited time after time? The football under Stendel is only remembered as entertaining because of the manager that came before him.

At least he had the players attempting to play fast accurate football. Problem is the players weren't good enough. He didn't get a lot of time to try and change things and as my original post said, it would have been interesting to see how it developed after 2 transfer windows. 

16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

So do I, he was a tall lanky useless winger, in a honking team at that time

46 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That was Don , Neil

was a “winger” 

52 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That was Don Murray  - Neil Murray was a big outside left.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Those were the days. 

25 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Must be something in the name - both were honking.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

Not this Murray.

6 minutes ago, S Form said:

as is the Scottish tories leader, Douglas, er, Murray as the PM calls him.

Mind you, there's a coupla tennis players of that name ain't too bad

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

True

It was a good excuse to post that clip.

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

as is the Scottish tories leader, Douglas, er, Murray as the PM calls him.

Mind you, there's a coupla tennis players of that name ain't too bad

Aye, but they’re Hibbies so don’t count.

Anyway, back on topic, I ain’t convinced there’s a new manager incoming. Think we’re stuck with Robbie for the time being.

Pasquale for King

Just saw his on the clubs FB page.,

Some stats to add to the list: 

Played 182 matches in the top flight. We’ve won only 62 of those matches. 

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 minutes to anyone under the age of 20 in the league this year. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

51 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Neil McCann will be the new manager.

McCann is a sh1te manager

ford donald
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

I remember Neil Murray a winger i think,maybe your thinking of Don Murray centre half?

heatonjambo
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

Wow

when u list it like that. 

Levein should never be allowed to comment about us ever again. 

what an absolute waste  

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Wow

when u list it like that. 

Levein should never be allowed to comment about us ever again. 

what an absolute waste  

Shocking isn’t it. 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 wins in 10. 

We are currently on our worst run of failing to qualify for European football since 1984. Eight years (1976-84). Next summer will be six years (2016-22).

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

We are currently on our worst run of failing to qualify for European football since 1984. Eight years (1976-84). Next summer will be six years (2016-22).

Yeah I’m sure there’s other stuff that could be added. 
First time we’ve had an award winning restaurant though 🤔🙈

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Interesting to see some people quoting Duncan Ferguson as an "ideal" candidate.

I'm curious, what makes him a preferred candidate?  I ask as he took charge of about 3 or 4 Everton games before Ancelotti arrived and that's all he has done as a manager.  He has a good gig at Everton, he isn't leaving that to become our manager.

2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

this threads a joke....people are clearly board!

DBAD16AF-FDA3-4960-972A-773E0CB9F915.jpeg

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Naw he'll no, 'least I fekin hope not.

7 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Would be extremely underwhelmed with that appointment.

Not keen on mcinnes at all but would take him over McCann or Neilson. Still convinced it will be Alex Neil if he's not got another job by the time Robbie is gone. 

Edited by DD88

Nookie Bear

McCann is a decent, cheaper, alternative but I do wonder if he has the experience and authority to really make a difference in the current culture at the club. 

9 hours ago, S Form said:

The Titanic turned quicker than Don Murray.  Neil Murray had absolutely no self belief. 

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Those were the days. 

Neil Murray was a funny one - brought to us direct from the Highland League. He sometimes looked the part, but spent much of the time tripping over his own feet. I remember him scoring a cracking header in a friendly against Spurs. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t want McCann. His time at Dundee was pretty gash and think people are overvaluing a very short spell at ICT, which is very similar to his start at Dundee. 

I believe a couple of season ago the plan, at some point,  was for him to take over from Levein. Some discussions defo took place.  Much like now, back then I couldn’t understand it, outside a desperation to get rid of the current manager. 

Funnily enough I checked his Dundee stats after I posted 😬

Unfortunately we are at the “anyone but Robbie” stage. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

That's actually a rather dense and disrespectful response.

Its not a game of whose watched more but it stands to reason if you watch them most weeks as I have been subjected to, you will understand more. Hardly an effort to denegrate another opinion. 

I also work play golf live with their fans. I don't know anyone happy, just like our own manager variety of levels but its unanimous their football is shite and he has been past the peak for some time. 

What games have you watched Aberdeen in this season? Highlights packages are hardly giving you a fair opportunity to judge in truth. 

Bit fed up now, I'll close by suggesting if we don't like Neilson we are appointing more of the same.  If you want him fine rather take someone on an upward curve myself. Best in sport to you

'Its not a game of who's watched more..... What games have you watched this season?' 😂

Bazzas right boot

McCann was murder at Dundee.  Utter shite Tbh. 

Neil is the only one that creates a bit of excitement

Mcinnes has the best CV, but the football won't change under him. 

Robbo isn't good enough. 

If Robbie goes I'd like a foreign coach, if not I'm not convinced any of the names mentioned here will perform better than him in the top flight with us. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Funnily enough I checked his Dundee stats after I posted 😬

Unfortunately we are at the “anyone but Robbie” stage. 

Maybe, but thankfully Board won't be. 

Certain fans have  already done the anything but Robbie mk 1, cathro, CL thing. Worked out well. 

The board will need to be more strategic and think beyond every one oot, especially as atc leas this time we on for promotion. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

McCann was murder at Dundee.  Utter shite Tbh. 

Neil is the only one that creates a bit of excitement

Mcinnes has the best CV, but the football won't change under him. 

Robbo isn't good enough. 

If Robbie goes I'd like a foreign coach, if not I'm not convinced any of the names mentioned here will perform better than him in the top flight with us. 

The football will change under McInnes because the team will be settled and organised. Huge difference to now. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, sadj said:

DBAD16AF-FDA3-4960-972A-773E0CB9F915.jpeg

Some folk want Boabys head on that. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

McCann is a decent, cheaper, alternative but I do wonder if he has the experience and authority to really make a difference in the current culture at the club. 

Exactly where I'm at with McCann. From what I remember, that was his problem at Dundee, couldn't control the big personalities in the dressing room at the time. He might have more luck with the shitebags that occupy our dressing room.

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Exactly where I'm at with McCann. From what I remember, that was his problem at Dundee, couldn't control the big personalities in the dressing room at the time. He might have more luck with the shitebags that occupy our dressing room.

I agree! I just can’t see McCann getting us going in an upward projectory. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

The football will change under McInnes because the team will be settled and organised. Huge difference to now. 

My Aberdeen St holder mate disagrees with you, the football won't change. 

Nobody will know for sure, but I'm pretty sure we must be organised just now, we are well clear and if anything last time on promotion we were organised. 

I'm hoping that any change goes beyond organisation Tbh. I think we'll be organised next season if it was Neilson or McInnes. 

Be a waste of £500k give or take to get organised imo. 

I also think the football purists on here will have a Mcinnes oot thread before the seasons end. 

Who knows tho, maybe him being refreshed, a big team with a decent support might refresh him and his ambition. 

I'd back him, but not sure he'll delivery what many want tbh. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

'Its not a game of who's watched more..... What games have you watched this season?' 😂

Pretty much all of our games and the Sheep, but you brought that up not me, which again demonstrates a certain density. 

From this I trust you have not actually watched Aberdeen at all, for which I wouldn't blame you. 

Toodaloo now 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My Aberdeen St holder mate disagrees with you, the football won't change. 

Nobody will know for sure, but I'm pretty sure we must be organised just now, we are well clear and if anything last time on promotion we were organised. 

I'm hoping that any change goes beyond organisation Tbh. I think we'll be organised next season if it was Neilson or McInnes. 

Be a waste of £500k give or take to get organised imo. 

I also think the football purists on here will have a Mcinnes oot thread before the seasons end. 

Who knows tho, maybe him being refreshed, a big team with a decent support might refresh him and his ambition. 

I'd back him, but not sure he'll delivery what many want tbh. 

If you think we are organised right now then I’ll leave you to it. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

McCann was hated by the Dundee players.  I don't think we need a divisive character at the moment

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I’m sure there’s other stuff that could be added. 
First time we’ve had an award winning restaurant though 🤔🙈

In isolation it looks horrendous but is excuseable to some extent in that it was against a background of having to start up a club virtually from scratch.  One could also argue that if we had not spent money on a new stand and pitch etc we might have had a better team but then we would be complaining about pouring money down the drain constantly repairing a creaking old stand just to meet H & S legal requirements.

Ex member of the SaS

Not sure McCann or McInnes would have the authority to get this mob motivated again. We need a strong manager who will come in a kick butt.

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic