New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Oh the irony. That not allowed,  what if I change to posting about Neilson endlessly for months like yourself  :lol:

That suit you better? 

is Neilson eye bleeding? Then why on earth would you replace with Mcinnes if that's one of your gripes 

And McInnes’ brand of eye bleeding is a shit load more expensive to fund than Neilsons and will yield the exact same number of trophies.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As do i but I've heard there is someone advising budge in the background, how long is Jim's contract?. 

Step forward Craig Levein....

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Step forward Craig Levein....

He did say last night in between Elvis banging his knob off the table and telling us to pledge for life and StFU that he thought his pal Robbie was in trouble.

A_A wehatethehibs
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Last paragraph I wish that was the case. I just don't believe it is. 

I think if you play good football you will win games anyhow. If you choose to play a neutral brand then you become predictable and for a club of our standing that has brought pressure we have crumbled under. 

Its tough this gig, very tough 

Extremely tough. You talk about “good” football but don’t elaborate. What, do you want a team that can pass the ball? Most teams pass the ball. You want a team that scores goals? Yes that’s the aim of the game. That’s how you win the game. So what exactly is “good” football it’s putting the ball in the back of the net that’s what it is. 

So we’re talking about one and the same thing here. The style of football in isolation is not the reason Robbie Neilson is staring down the barrel. It’s results. Wins. He’s failed to win on 8 occasions against part time clubs, and been beat and knocked out both cups by ****ing tradesmen.

I don’t care what the means is I’m just not having this Hibs 3rd place shite. Get Hearts into that fight next season by hook or by crook. That’s what this appointment is about because see at this moment in time? We are miles off. Even JJ in 2011 when we were all

at sea, what did he do? He got Kevin Kyle in, got Blackie and Barr scrapping in midfield. Stevo, Elliot, Temps feeding off the knockdowns and he got the artillery pumping out the shells. With a few wee sparks in there from freedom given to the likes of temps, Shotgun and driver and Novi . We battered teams into submission. More than happy with that next season. Forget big Dunc as manager get him in up front for all I care 

Long term it will need to evolve but see next season? Get that back 4 sorted out, get a midfield Scrapping and get balls in the box, get Hearts in that fight and get Hibs to **** that’s all I could give a **** about. Not some tippy tappy wonderball 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

And McInnes’ brand of eye bleeding is a shit load more expensive to fund than Neilsons and will yield the exact same number of trophies.

He could have made Aberdeen a fortune. 

They had a Q and A with Cormack last week, sale of Cosgrove came up and Dave was not happy. 

Why did we sell Cosgrove. 

Answer,  he was hardly banging them in and we should've sold him earlier when he was.

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If JJ is advising Budge that Neilson should go and she is ignoring his advice why hasn’t he walked?  Cant be bigger issues to advise on than who is the manager. 

I’ve been told by a couple of source that are close to club that they expect Ann is giving him till season end then will recruit someone else.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Extremely tough. You talk about “good” football but don’t elaborate. What, do you want a team that can pass the ball? Most teams pass the ball. You want a team that scores goals? Yes that’s the aim of the game. That’s how you win the game. So what exactly is “good” football it’s putting the ball in the back of the net that’s what it is. 

So we’re talking about one and the same thing here. The style of football in isolation is not the reason Robbie Neilson is staring down the barrel. It’s results. Wins. He’s failed to win on 8 occasions against part time clubs, and been beat and knocked out both cups by ****ing tradesmen.

I don’t care what the means is I’m just not having this Hibs 3rd place shite. Get Hearts into that fight next season by hook or by crook. That’s what this appointment is about because see at this moment in time? We are miles off. Even JJ in 2011 when we were all

at sea, what did he do? He got Kevin Kyle in, got Blackie and Barr scrapping in midfield. Stevo, Elliot, Temps feeding off the knockdowns and he got the artillery pumping out the shells. With a few wee sparks in there from freedom given to the likes of temps, Shotgun and driver and Novi . We battered teams into submission. More than happy with that next season. Forget big Dunc as manager get him in up front for all I care 

Long term it will need to evolve but see next season? Get that back 4 sorted out, get a midfield Scrapping and get balls in the box, get Hearts in that fight and get Hibs to **** that’s all I could give a **** about. Not some tippy tappy wonderball 

Intensity would be all I would ask for in the main, it takes a good team to beat 11 triers. 

I don't like tippy tappy either. 

You mentioned JJ but that went very wrong too because he became very predictable. 

Bit of organisation and leadership, everyone knows their job, 2 players for every position don't be afraid to use youngsters but train everyone to know each other's position. 

Buy in from players for blood sweat and tears.

Hard work, and more hard work. You sign for us, you do more than other clubs to achieve more. 

We have the facilities and appear to be wasting them.

Are we creating the correct environment though for the players. 

Things that don't cost a lot of money can be added to help them relax between training sessions, not unlike most of Scottish football, i doubt we train enough to improve. 

Riccarton should be a place where we reach excellence not just a very nice facility we are fortunate to have the use of.

To get the intensity I am after fitness levels need to be through the roof. I don't think any team in Scotland look particularly fit, I would love us to have that advantage 

ford donald
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So that’s Shelley Kerr off the list of potentials? 

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’ve been told by a couple of source that are close to club that they expect Ann is giving him till season end then will recruit someone else

did they say which season?

35 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’ve been told by a couple of source that are close to club that they expect Ann is giving him till season end then will recruit someone else.

JJ or Neilson 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

to avoid comp could Robbie step down to a coaching role

Why would he agree to that? 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

No. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Pay the compensation.......we need to gut the place.

1 hour ago, Jambomb said:

I was commenting on a statement that a team of experienced players would do and youth didn’t matter, in my experience Hearts teams are always better when we have a mix of good young players with experienced pros.

so in my opinion we should be looking at that mix going forward... maybe if we had gave youth a proper chance over the last few years we’d not be were we are now...

Even this season with our limited quality youth players, their enthusiasm and energy would only have improved this dismal lot.

Which ones?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s worth the cost of getting him tae ****. A bit like Levein, Neilson seems to infect everyone with his lack of talent. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There are negatives to any managerial appointment. And as sure as night follows day, there’ll be Hearts fans who will focus on those negatives. But the rest of us will be pragmatic and weigh up the pros and cons.

For me the critical thing is someone with a track record of identifying and signing players who have been able to compete and cut the mustard in the SPL. Someone who knows the league and up to date knowledge of the sphere of players who are in the Hearts price bracket. Because that’s the task in hand isn’t it. It’s signings not coaching. Nobody’s coaching Halkett to national caps. We need a new Center half. That’s the reality. Then we will need coaching as well but signings absolutely are the priority in the immediate term.  There’s going to be about 5 real key big money signings and 5 good squaddies coming in. Conservatively. 

What we definitely don’t need is another Cathro type wonder coach to come in and sign a bunch of Tziolis and Struna and Avlonitis type players that on paper sound great with this absolute wonder philosophy but then it turns out the homework was not done on the players or the league. 

We need bulletproof dependable grafters who will put Hearts in the hunt for 3rd in short order. 

As long as we are in there competing with Hibs and Aberdeen the fans will be delighted whatever the football looks like. Just get this football club in the fight. It’s all about results and league position in the immediate term. 

do you know who, in every way,  meets that criteria? Bob Nielson! 

I understand folk wanting him gone, but to dismiss the fact he put together a good squad for the top league, and quickly got us up where we want to be, is being willfully ignorant.

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I understand folk wanting him gone, but to dismiss the fact he put together a good squad for the top league, and quickly got us up where we want to be, is being willfully ignorant.

I think the reality is Levein put the squad together and left Neilson to run them about Riccarton.

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Intensity would be all I would ask for in the main, it takes a good team to beat 11 triers. 

You mentioned JJ but that went very wrong too because he became very predictable. 

Bit of organisation and leadership, everyone knows their job, 2 players for every position don't be afraid to use youngsters but train everyone to know each other's position. 

Hard work, and more hard work. You sign for us, you do more than other clubs to achieve more. 

Things that don't cost a lot of money can be added to help them relax between training sessions, not unlike most of Scottish football, i doubt we train enough to improve. 

Riccarton should be a place where we reach excellence not just a very nice facility we are fortunate to have the use of.

To get the intensity I am after fitness levels need to be through the roof. I don't think any team in Scotland look particularly fit, I would love us to have that advantage 

It ran out of steam definitely, but we still finished 3rd so if that’s “going wrong” then yes i will take that next season happily. Just get us in the fight. If anything it only really went wrong when Kyle got injured. And not only that but Jim’s team that season laid the foundation for Paulo Sergio to come in and paint the masterpiece at Hampden. That was nearly entirely Jim’s team with only 1 or 2 tweaks. It had that strong Hearts castle rock foundation which is where we need to get to next season, then there’s future seasons to build things out and improve. But next season, we are up against it. 

Some would say a blank canvas, others would say it’s a black hole. It needs an organiser to come in and get the foundations and discipline in place whilst getting us in an immediate scrap for the points tally that is required. The back 4 is a shambles, midfield weak and slow, wingers lacking desire and strikers disinterested and doing the minimum. So it’s an organiser, galvaniser, wheeler dealer to come in for me and get a few grafter Stevos and Blackie types in, with some better quality like your Andy Webster’s and Rudi Skacels sprinkled in there as well. We need someone with an eye for the type of player who will fit in the SPL and do their jobs. That’s the key. Once that’s in place the debate will change. 

And by the way, all of the above doesn’t rule out someone that wants to come and play an Arsenal style quick passing game or whatever. I’d dream of seeing that type of football. But being realistic about where we are right now? The task is to get ourselves to a minimum standard of competitiveness first Port of call IMO 

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

JJ got sacked 2 games into 11-12 season after a 1-0 defeat to Utd but had drawn away at Rangers the week before 8n the opening game.   I don’t think we can say it went very wrong. This was the Vlad years remember 😁

However, I can recall the murmurs of discontent carrying on from the previous seasons last 10 or so games and it can show how fans can affect how a club reacts.  Seems ridiculous now though when you compare to what’s happening at the moment. 

Season 10-11 in the league was superb and we were some silly amount of points ahead in 3rd with still 10 to 12 games to go. (Possibly 22 points?) We slowly downed tools drawing 5 in a row then losing the last 3 after our last win at home v St Mirren.  Still to this day I thought it was harsh he got his books. 

AlphonseCapone

Surely any decent journalist will ask Robbie/Rob/Rab/Boab/Boaby/Bob how he feels about each variation on his name and then we'll really find out if hendolad is at it. C'mon media, do your job. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Seems you’ve not realised the situation yet The ba is burst for Neilson now, he’s a goner.

Portable Badger
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So the time has come at last

Ranieri seen at Edinburgh airport 

I’d be well happy if we got Dilly Dilly Diddy Doddy !!

can you just check to make sure his dug’s no deid ?

👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

JJ got sacked 2 games into 11-12 season after a 1-0 defeat to Utd but had drawn away at Rangers the week before 8n the opening game.   I don’t think we can say it went very wrong. This was the Vlad years remember 😁

However, I can recall the murmurs of discontent carrying on from the previous seasons last 10 or so games and it can show how fans can affect how a club reacts.  Seems ridiculous now though when you compare to what’s happening at the moment. 

Season 10-11 in the league was superb and we were some silly amount of points ahead in 3rd with still 10 to 12 games to go. (Possibly 22 points?) We slowly downed tools drawing 5 in a row then losing the last 3 after our last win at home v St Mirren.  Still to this day I thought it was harsh he got his books. 

Don't think we won a game in the last ten though. Was a great run from October to January though. 

Another example of how tough this job is. 

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It ran out of steam definitely, but we still finished 3rd so if that’s “going wrong” then yes i will take that next season happily. Just get us in the fight. If anything it only really went wrong when Kyle got injured. And not only that but Jim’s team that season laid the foundation for Paulo Sergio to come in and paint the masterpiece at Hampden. That was nearly entirely Jim’s team with only 1 or 2 tweaks. It had that strong Hearts castle rock foundation which is where we need to get to next season, then there’s future seasons to build things out and improve. But next season, we are up against it. 

Some would say a blank canvas, others would say it’s a black hole. It needs an organiser to come in and get the foundations and discipline in place whilst getting us in an immediate scrap for the points tally that is required. The back 4 is a shambles, midfield weak and slow, wingers lacking desire and strikers disinterested and doing the minimum. So it’s an organiser, galvaniser, wheeler dealer to come in for me and get a few grafter Stevos and Blackie types in, with some better quality like your Andy Webster’s and Rudi Skacels sprinkled in there as well. We need someone with an eye for the type of player who will fit in the SPL and do their jobs. That’s the key. Once that’s in place the debate will change. 

And by the way, all of the above doesn’t rule out someone that wants to come and play an Arsenal style quick passing game or whatever. I’d dream of seeing that type of football. But being realistic about where we are right now? The task is to get ourselves to a minimum standard of competitiveness first Port of call IMO 

Fans like myself have high pain threshold but plenty will not tolerate another grind but I absolutely hear you. 

How lucky we were to have Rudi Skacel and graft around him 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

How about points?

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How about points?

He’s got one trophy in 8 years. That’s better than us 1998, 2006, 2012. We’d need to have won one this year to average one every 8 years but Alloa and Brora had other ideas. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

YES!

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s got one trophy in 8 years. That’s better than us 1998, 2006, 2012. We’d need to have won one this year to average one every 8 years but Alloa and Brora had other ideas. 

Solid league position would be nice. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm told Robbie is 100% expecting to be in charge next season, and has been backed with Savage already looking to get pre contracts sorted. 

Wishful thinking on your part 😏

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Solid league position would be nice. 

Not convinced McInness would be right. I obviously see the logic and there’s no arguing with the job he’s done at Aberdeen over the years. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s another manager that has, over time, become more and more defensive in his approach. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Not convinced McInness would be right. I obviously see the logic and there’s no arguing with the job he’s done at Aberdeen over the years. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s another manager that has, over time, become more and more defensive in his approach. 

That will be the end of Popescu then. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

That will be the end of Popescu then. 

Small mercies.  I’m not against DM as opposed to Robbie but I’d prefer someone else. Couldn’t blame her for appointing him though. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Another but more successful pragmatist I suppose.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Aye, good way of looking at it 👍

ford donald
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Still convinced NM is a much better option and a hellava lot cheaper,give him a rolling contract.

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Still convinced NM is a much better option and a hellava lot cheaper,give him a rolling contract.

NM? I’m having trouble keeping with all the initials now, it’s like ****ing Line Of Duty. 

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He needs more games for me.....but I think he could replace whoever we sack next....after we sack Neilson.

8 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Who? Neil Murray. 

Seems like we are rooting out bad managers  rather than bent coppers.

The names bandied about are the usual stale suspects.

If it were only that simple getting in new manager 'x' and signing the best players from clubs around us.

fabienleclerq
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

NM? I’m having trouble keeping with all the initials now, it’s like ****ing Line Of Duty. 

😂😂

Doesn’t Neil McCann have the EBT tax fraud hanging over his head?  if yes, just another basket case waiting to happen

7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Doesn’t Neil McCann have the EBT tax fraud hanging over his head?  if yes, just another basket case waiting to happen

And a messy divorce.

13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

McCann's a legend mate. 👍

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

And a divorce has cleaned him out as well 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He could have made Aberdeen a fortune. 

They had a Q and A with Cormack last week, sale of Cosgrove came up and Dave was not happy. 

Why did we sell Cosgrove. 

Answer,  he was hardly banging them in and we should've sold him earlier when he was.

I'm not sure you can really criticise him for holding onto two of his best players for too long, the decision to sell usually comes from above anyway.  You could argue we have made similar mistakes in not selling Souttar or Uche when there was interest in them or allowing Bjorn Johnson to leave for nothing.  Hindsight is a fine thing.

He's also been criticised for the lack of youngsters that he brought through but how many kids left Aberdeen and 'made it' with other clubs? I don't see the point in persevering with kids that aren't good enough, the faith we put in Jack Hamilton and a few others certainly didn't do us any favours.

To be honest I'd rather have Neil or someone with a similar profile but if we aren't able to persuade him to come I would be happy with McInness, even if it was just for a couple of seasons to steady the sinking ship.  I'd chose watching a winning team to one that plays nice football (whatever that is) that finishes mid table every time.

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic