New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Jack Ross who is a Hearts man or was walked into Tynecastle for an interview saw CL other side of the table and walked out.

Can't blame him for that.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

August Landmesser

When the Rob Rab Robbie,

Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' along...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Feel you are taking this as a literal translation without placing any context just like Andrew last night. 

Again you are not listening to what I am saying. 

He will not work with a DoF, he plays a Levein brand of football, his tactics have been sussed by everyone now and any Aberdeen fan will tell you they are in relegation form and have been for months. 

Just as well for their very fast start. 

Since the semifinal defeat to Celtic they have been going backwards. 

I'd rather Jack Ross by a distance than Mcinnes. He is going backwards not forwards why would you want someone going the wrong way that plays a similar pattern to those that have been castigated for so long. Unless you enjoy sack the manager threads or paying compensation it would be a very bad appointment. However Savage would have to go for Derek to come I would be confident to say 

He just doesn't play a Levein brand of football. Their teams are totally different.

It wouldn't be the first time that a manager has had to get on board with a different structure at a new club. Happens all the time. He only took as much control as he did at Aberdeen because the board let him, mostly due to his success. 

I've seen this 'momentum' for managers being mentioned a lot, what is that? I appreciate if you are a total dinosaur that the game has probably passed you by, but McInnes is 50? And played a few different styles at Aberdeen as times changed to good success. He is hardly Guardiola but he knows how to set a team up. Some serious injuries as well to consider this season

I'm not saying he is the perfect, knock it out of the park appointment, but he is way better than what we have and, in my opinion, exactly what we need for the next few seasons to get the stability back at the club.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

When the Rob Rab Robbie,

:lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He just doesn't play a Levein brand of football. Their teams are totally different.

It wouldn't be the first time that a manager has had to get on board with a different structure at a new club. Happens all the time. He only took as much control as he did at Aberdeen because the board let him, mostly due to his success. 

I've seen this 'momentum' for managers being mentioned a lot, what is that? I appreciate if you are a total dinosaur that the game has probably passed you by, but McInnes is 50? And played a few different styles at Aberdeen as times changed to good success. He is hardly Guardiola but he knows how to set a team up. Some serious injuries as well to consider this season

I'm not saying he is the perfect, knock it out of the park appointment, but he is way better than what we have and, in my opinion, exactly what we need for the next few seasons to get the stability back at the club.

1 goal in 9 games, didn't change the style at all. 

Unfortunately you are talking to someone who has seen just about as much of Aberdeen as I have Hearts owing to my family. 

How much of Aberdeen have you watched honestly?

And his football is absolutely Levein.

Are you just ignoring the wages and structure parts then? You would bin Savage to get Mcinnes?

24 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I spoke with Bob earlier this afternoon and he's asked me to share that he'll 100% be in charge of the team for the 1st game of the season next season. He's willing to give any doubters 100/1 odds - cash in hand - as he's so confident of being in with Ann and the club that he won't be sacked. Rob also said the only way he's leaving is when he's offered the Leicester City or Brentford jobs (both teams he's played for in the past and loved).

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what Rab has told me.

:biggrin2:

53 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So far we have had 

Neilson 

Cathro

Levein

Daly

McPhee

Stendal

Neilson

Not one has been a manager doing well at another club that we’ve identified as having all the right attributes to manage Hearts at that particular time and if we went for McInnes now we’d be making exactly the same mistake.

This is also depressing!

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was only £14.5k apparently 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

That's the biggest pay packet he will ever receive.............

58 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So far we have had 

Neilson 

Cathro

Levein

Daly

McPhee

Stendal

Neilson

Not one has been a manager doing well at another club that we’ve identified as having all the right attributes to manage Hearts at that particular time and if we went for McInnes now we’d be making exactly the same mistake.

6 managers, managing 7 times in such a short space of time is is embarrassing. 

Horrid.

oh, and a downward spiral since ‘Rob’ first left. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

57 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So far we have had 

Neilson 

Cathro

Levein

Daly

McPhee

Stendal

Neilson

And the club has managed to sell everyone of them to the fans as world beaters, just as they do with every player we sign. Time to tone it down a bit maybe........?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

When the Rob Rab Robbie,

Boabie! 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

That's the biggest pay packet he will ever receive.............

You would imagine so, even the Huns wanted him to take a pay cut which is why he didn’t go. The last thing we need is another money hungry negative manager. 

been here before

I've heard stuff too. Cant obviously tell anyone what it is or who told me because a- the person might get into trouble and b- I dont know if its kosher. But trust me though its 100% genuine.

Ill look forward to coming back for apologies when Im proven right.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Shite thread and absolute nonsense. 

So what shall we talk about.....

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45933999

The day the tide turned. Don't think folk were too disappointed prior to this day. 

Seemed we had turned a corner but didn't fancy it much and headed straight back into a highway of big **** off juggernauts

Yep.

CL had us top of the league and playing some pretty decent stuff......it all seemed to come crashing down after that and we’ve been trying to rebuild on the fragile foundations since.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

RN's reputation would be more solid if he had become known all those years ago as Roberto - a sort of suave continental sophistication to match his fashion sense.  😉

😂😂😂😂

SuperstarSteve
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Someone delusional then ? 

Challenging the OF really isn’t a target. Occasionally circumstances throw up an opportunity to run close but the money difference makes it impossible for it be a realistic target. Like it or not but best of the rest is the target. 

Agreed. 3rd is the target and end game. A target that should be achieved every season/2nd season. No long term plan needed.

We can wish and hope for more that’s normal but expecting or demanding it? Delusional. Only 2 clubs are here to compete and that’s just the reality of it. 

Only way to compete with the OF is following the rangers blueprint of running at a constant loss. Not a single season have they posted a profit since they joined the leagues. Somehow I don’t see any other club being allowed to do that or simply can’t afford to. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I work predominately in Aberdeen and the office based sheep would agree with you 100%. 

I have suffered many of their games this season. 

Actually about the only thing that gives me hope, if this is 4th best the gap is not that hard to bridge. 

To do that though you need some momentum yourself. 

Our cup performance against Celtic was far superior to their one. 

Teams they routinely brushed aside, what we struggled to do they struggle just as badly now. It's a bit like watching us 2 years ago 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

CL had us top of the league and playing some pretty decent stuff......it all seemed to come crashing down after that and we’ve been trying to rebuild on the fragile foundations since.

We never recovered from first game of last season against the sheep. Came from behind with two goals from sub, Naismith, and lost it with last ditch goal. All downhill from there.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45933999

The day the tide turned. Don't think folk were too disappointed prior to this day. 

Seemed we had turned a corner but didn't fancy it much and headed straight back into a highway of big **** off juggernauts

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

Oddly enough I think the manner in which Naismith came off was the death knell. Going off for treament, coming back in then breaking down on the pitch a few minutes later. The Sellick punters cheered it like a goal.

Im obviously not blaming him but I honestly think if he'd gone off and stayed the 'psychological' damage to the team would have been less.

No sure whether the first poster took a guess or not, but I can back up that majority at the club don’t expect Robbie to here next season, majority didn’t expect him to be here today but ultimately that final call is currently on budge. Elsewhere Savage has been laying the ground work for a new way of thinking starting with recruitment and decisions on philosophy on style of play to stop the mass turnover we have had in recent years 👍🏻 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

I think the season started to go breasts heavenward after 8 mimutes when Naismith went off injured in that semi.  We did well enough to hold out to half time but once they scored the result was inevitable.

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

No sure whether the first poster took a guess or not, but I can back up that majority at the club don’t expect Robbie to here next season, majority didn’t expect him to be here today but ultimately that final call is currently on budge. Elsewhere Savage has been laying the ground work for a new way of thinking starting with recruitment and decisions on philosophy on style of play to stop the mass turnover we have had in recent years 👍🏻 

Tell them that we don't want anyone that went to largs to do their badges and all Scottish managers cv's should be shredded. 👍 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Feel you are taking this as a literal translation without placing any context just like Andrew last night. 

Again you are not listening to what I am saying. 

He will not work with a DoF, he plays a Levein brand of football, his tactics have been sussed by everyone now and any Aberdeen fan will tell you they are in relegation form and have been for months. 

Just as well for their very fast start. 

Since the semifinal defeat to Celtic they have been going backwards. 

I'd rather Jack Ross by a distance than Mcinnes. He is going backwards not forwards why would you want someone going the wrong way that plays a similar pattern to those that have been castigated for so long. Unless you enjoy sack the manager threads or paying compensation it would be a very bad appointment. However Savage would have to go for Derek to come I would be confident to say 

The state of Hearts and we're already to dismiss McInnes ?

If he wants re-employed he'll  do what he's told (DOF) and if he thinks clubs have £750K for salaries post-Covid he's living in la-la land.

Don't really get the seethe over his non-appointment : it's not as if Hearts will be playing silky soccer in the foreseeable future , not with the current squad or the lack of cash to get decent replacements. McInnes doesn't get my pulse racing but we need an experienced manager and we need one PDQ. Silky soccer can wait. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

So far we have had 

Neilson 

Cathro

Levein

Daly

McPhee

Stendal

Neilson

You should be banned for posting that list, it’s disgusting, XXX rated and only suitable for over 30’s. 😂

Stendal is the best from that list and had to work with the shite he’d been left, the ER derby being the an amazing outing.

Derek McInnes would be a horrendous uninspiring appointment, but hey, that suits the current regime.  Vlad was mental but he at least had some baws about him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Jack Ross who is a Hearts man or was walked into Tynecastle for an interview saw CL other side of the table and walked out.

To be fair what did he expect? (even though I doubt it panned out exactly as you say).

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tell them that we don't want anyone that went to largs to do their badges and all Scottish managers cv's should be shredded. 👍 

Will pass it on 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think the season started to go breasts heavenward after 8 mimutes when Naismith went off injured in that semi.  We did well enough to hold out to half time but once they scored the result was inevitable.

We were playing, by and large, excellent football until that game. Injuries knocked us for the next 2 or 3 months and Levein just couldn’t get any momentum back again - which whatever anyone thinks of him,

remains a huge surprise IMO.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

As I see it he can either only be doing that with the blessing of/working behind the scenes with a new manager OR we have to get a manager whose coaching and ethos fits with what he is doing.

I hope it’s the former as the latter won’t work.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

As I see it he can either only be doing that with the blessing of/working behind the scenes with a new manager OR we have to get a manager whose coaching and ethos fits with what he is doing.

The latter👍🏻

Edited by Jamboj1

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

The long-term plan was working well. The appointment of Cathro and the extension of Levein's job remit spelled the end of that. There's been no long-term plan at the club since then. We need one.

It failed at the first hurdle; replacing the head coach. The academy has been shocking, managers and coaches terrible. Ann Budge and Levein were the architects of the plan ones still there the other only left a few months ago so are we saying the plan was abandoned when Neilson left. There’s a huge rethink required and Neilson just isn’t dynamic enough a coach to be trusted with Savages recruits and his track record on youth players and player development in general is shocking.

15 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Yes...a true ITKer. 

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who are we to say whether its true or false? Nobody knows for sure. 

Honestly couldn't care less if he's right or wrong - he's obviously heard something and is bringing it to the forum for discussion. Is that not what this thing is set up for??

Its out of order. Schoolboy stuff, and will do nothing other than discourage people to share rumours they've heard themselves.

I've heard the same rumour as it goes. RN out at the end of the season, and I was given the name of the man who is apparently taking over. I'm not disclosing any other detail though because 1) The person who told me could get in trouble and 2) I don't know how true it is. But I did hear it. 

Well said mate👍... I can see him going once the league has been won - I’m sure he’s been given the time to collect his ‘league win bonus’. It also makes sense to hold off on STs until a new manager is announced. At least, this is how I see it unfolding. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The state of Hearts and we're already to dismiss McInnes ?

If he wants re-employed he'll  do what he's told (DOF) and if he thinks clubs have £750K for salaries post-Covid he's living in la-la land.

Don't really get the seethe over his non-appointment : it's not as if Hearts will be playing silky soccer in the foreseeable future , not with the current squad or the lack of cash to get decent replacements. McInnes doesn't get my pulse racing but we need an experienced manager and we need one PDQ. Silky soccer can wait. 

My heart sinks reading this tbh,    the sentiment around 'silky soccer can wait' has been around for so long it almost feels part of the clubs DNA,  back to when CL was muttering this and his plan to sort out the defence and then work from there,   I also think as soon as way start talking about potential replacements for RN by referring to the state we are in, just makes it sound like we're happy with 2nd best.     I get the point you are making,  but I also feel that it's been so bad for so long, we forget that a good coach can actually make a real difference to players confidence and style of play.    I'm at the stage where we need to start putting performances and style of play much more at the centre of our football club.

18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Fantastic news, cheers for the info.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The latter👍🏻

Well I hope to **** he is getting a shitload of input in from JJ as he just doesn’t have the experience to do that for a club of our size.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Of course this is how we started under Budge - every team playing and being coached in the same style to ensure consistency and not have a huge turnover of players when a manager leaves.

That went well.

Hopefully with different “football men” this time the result will be different.

6 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fantastic news, cheers for the info.

Happy to pass on anything I get 👍🏻 Just hope budge makes the correct decision 

17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why won’t the latter work? 

I'm told Robbie is 100% expecting to be in charge next season, and has been backed with Savage already looking to get pre contracts sorted. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why won’t the latter work? 

You have to retrofit a manager or head coach into the system that has been set up.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm told Robbie is 100% expecting to be in charge next season, and has been backed with Savage already looking to get pre contracts sorted. 

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest tbh

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😂😂😂 I’d go along with that!

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Jambohawkwind
On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

Anyone who gets personal against Neilson is going too far for sure.

However he has totally failed since the turn of the year to get this side to play like they HAVE to win, which is the manager's job. And they are now playing like there is no plan at all. I hope he does indeed go at seasons end

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You have to retrofit a manager or head coach into the system that has been set up.

Not really , you can have a desired ethos that only needs minor adjustments within the squad to fit a new manager coming in. Just my opinion though. 

Why a club our size too? Preston are a big club in their own right

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic