New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

This is My Story Podcast

It’s mad that anyone thinks that in football this would happen. If Robbie has been told he’s going in the summer he’d pack up his desk and leave now, not a chance he’d stick around. Robbie may well be told to leave in the summer but not believing for a second he’s been told that now. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:lol:

His time was 4 maybe 5 years ago,  you have just stuck your fingers in your ears and not listened. 

He doesn't work with Directors, and 750k a year for what? What did he achieve in Europe when he got there?

2 cup ties both lost to Hearts. Shit the bed every time they play Celtic. 

Go compare their semifinal abdication to Hearts cup final fight back and tell me honestly this is what you wish for Hearts, more of the same but even more cowardly 

Europe? Would settle for top six!

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

It’s mad that anyone thinks that in football this would happen. If Robbie has been told he’s going in the summer he’d pack up his desk and leave now, not a chance he’d stick around. Robbie may well be told to leave in the summer but not believing for a second he’s been told that now. 

Promotion Bonus £££

(But I don’t believe for a second this has happened and fully expect him to be here next season)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Europe? Would settle for top six!

We wouldn't. We didn't with Neilson first time round so let's not pretend we are that easily pleased. 

The football has to be more attractive and results to go with it. 

Jack Ross is doing it now with Hibs, that will upset plenty but its reality right now. 

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

That's it. The only way it's at all possible is if it's his decision and he has said to the board he will step down in the summer. I find that hard to believe.

ford donald
2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Different ways of looking at,he would leave the club with dignity and respect,having gained promotion to the SPL,if he has been told that,departing now would look bad all round for everyone,end of season is the time for changes,makes all transitions smoother,yes?

28 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Not saying we should bring him back but it would have been interesting to have seen what Stendel would have done in this league and with 2 transfer windows. Might have had some "blips" but sure he would have had us working towards next season. 

The really big thing for me there is Savage. Dan admitted he's not comfy in transfers. That team could work. Would love to see it. Won't happen.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Different ways of looking at,he would leave the club with dignity and respect,having gained promotion to the SPL,if he has been told that,departing now would look bad all round for everyone,end of season is the time for changes,makes all transitions smoother,yes?

There is no way the club would tell him he is leaving in the summer why does anyone think this is remotely plausible. an idiotic suggestion.

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, ford donald said:

Football doesn’t work like that. Robbie is preparing for next season and as far as am concerned he thinks he’ll still be here next year. If he was told he’s leaving he’d have left now. Just can’t see him staying and then walking away. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would take Alex neil or duncan ferguson but i really think we should explore the foreign route thoroughly before rushing a decision, I don't want Mcinness, he is too defensive minded imo and i feel their are far better options out there, each to their own though.

Dont worry about thoroughness. If we sack Robbie now Ann will have a new manager in place around mid october after she has completed a 47 candidate 12 stage interview process

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Too late for that tbh

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We wouldn't. We didn't with Neilson first time round so let's not pretend we are that easily pleased. 

The football has to be more attractive and results to go with it. 

Jack Ross is doing it now with Hibs, that will upset plenty but its reality right now. 

He won't have many supporters left to please at this rate. 

55 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I often wonder what the club makes of these threads. They’re either laughing at the wind up or wondering how the OP got their info. Or maybe the OP is a plant, break the news through here to calm everyone done.

OP comes on with half a scoop.

Anonymously let's us know there will be a new manager but refuses to tell us who it is? Ask yourself why?

Maybe to take the pressure off the Board as it looks like they've listened & will act? Buys them time until the end of the season when they announce nothing is changing.

Classic ”jam tomorrow” that we're all used to. Colour me suspicious.

1 hour ago, Jambomb said:

All the best Hearts teams have a number of exciting young players, either coming through the youth ranks or buying best young Scottish talent...

and all Hearts teams based around ageing pros have been total failures.

We have signed ON LOAN Shay Logan aged 33.

I am sure all Hearts fans wished we'd never signed Sandy Jardine or Alex. McDonald who were the same age!

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Honestly, you wouldn't be saying that if it happened.

His record is actually shite at Aberdeen. Just happened his only competition were goosed during his reign. And he refused to accept Celtic as a rival.

Any time another team has pulled a half decent season together, Aberdeen have crumbled.

Saying he's a safe manager means thats how he plays, not that we're safe in his hands.

Give up mate , all people see is lots of semis and a few cup finals and some second place finishes when there was no competition. I tried yesterday. I wouldn’t say his record is shite but its at best met expectations sometimes been below expectations sometimes.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Honestly, you wouldn't be saying that if it happened.

His record is actually shite at Aberdeen. Just happened his only competition were goosed during his reign. And he refused to accept Celtic as a rival.

Any time another team has pulled a half decent season together, Aberdeen have crumbled.

Saying he's a safe manager means thats how he plays, not that we're safe in his hands.

Lets be honest, Celtic or Rangers are not even in the same ballpark as Aberdeen or Hearts, the gap is too big. You can say what you want about Hearts challenging at the top of the league but the reality is the gap is too big and the best we can look to do in the short term is close that gap by making the right decisions on and off the park. 

The fact that McInnes even got close to those Celtic teams was impressive. I just don't know how you can say that a manager who took a team finishing outside the top 6 for 3 consecutive seasons into Europe for 8 consecutive years has a poor record, it's astounding. 

You can have your opinions on McInnes as a guy and his style of play or his cup record (1 more cup than us in the same period btw), but the facts are that he was very successful at Aberdeen. The sort of success we should be aiming for.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Give up mate , all people see is lots of semis and a few cup finals and some second place finishes when there was no competition. I tried yesterday. I wouldn’t say his record is shite but its at best met expectations sometimes been below expectations sometimes.

How many Hearts managers have 'met expectations' in you opinion in the last 20 years?

16 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Football doesn’t work like that. Robbie is preparing for next season and as far as am concerned he thinks he’ll still be here next year. If he was told he’s leaving he’d have left now. Just can’t see him staying and then walking away. 

It can work like that at times , its just not the most common scenario. The planning for next season will have been underway since before January. For Robbie if he stays  and we trip over the line its a notch on his managers post , we get what we want and we can all move on with a bit more peace n harmony. If he stays he stays is my opinion , the summer is massive as we all know things are not how they should be at the moment. The mitigating factors should still not have us as we are.

34 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

He’s overseeing a team who have been put out of both cups by lower division teams. If he can get us over the line to promotion and leave in mutual terms then his reputation is intact. If he was to leave now not so, so whether it’s fabricated or not it’s totally plausible. 

ford donald
20 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

His CV would still look good.

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

😂

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Tho OP and Bob are besties dontcha know.

Here's what he had to say when his old mucker Rob was reappointed.

Screenshot_20210406-072907~2.png

He was right about Robs return at least. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

His CV would still look good.

Indeed and his future employees won’t worry about what fans thought of him, a bit like Budge when she rehired him or looks at our next manager 🙈

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

How many Hearts managers have 'met expectations' in you opinion in the last 20 years?

Thats not what we are talking about. The consensus here is McInnes rebuilt Aberdeen , McInnes develops youths , McInnes has the eye for a player , McInnes has achieved more than he should have. The stark reality is he hasn’t. (@Sir Gio went through this yesterday)

Aberdeen fans have been fed up with him for years. The money made on Cosgrove and McKenna was poor considering what they had bids of at times. 

Would he stabilise us? Yh probably , would he get us results against lower teams? Yh probably , would a lot of these games be as we watch just now? most likely but with 3pts. Would he get results against the top 6? Sometimes , would he get results when it mattered? Highly unlikely...

These things are not going to placate a lot of Hearts fans. 

ford donald
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed and his future employees won’t worry about what fans thought of him, a bit like Budge when she rehired him or looks at our next manager 🙈

Exactly.

ford donald
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

If it starts hurting the business then I think she will act. Season ticket uptakes could push her into change. 

I get fed up repeating myself telling people,hit then in the pocket,they will soon make changes.

23 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

What a load of crap! you spoke to someone very close to our manager who decided to tell you ? and then you're calling him Rob ? In the last 15/20 years Robbie has been associated with hearts I have never heard him being called ROB once. 

This reeks of pish and to make it more believable you're shorting his name to make out its sound like your close. 

:symf:

Edited by Stu_HMFC

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We have signed ON LOAN Shay Logan aged 33.

I am sure all Hearts fans wished we'd never signed Sandy Jardine or Alex. McDonald who were the same age!

:rofl:

This is My Story Podcast
16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

He’s overseeing a team who have been put out of both cups by lower division teams. If he can get us over the line to promotion and leave in mutual terms then his reputation is intact. If he was to leave now not so, so whether it’s fabricated or not it’s totally plausible. 

Leaving on mural terms isn’t what we are saying has happened tho. The OP has said that Robbie has all ready been told he’s not being kept on, that’s what I don’t believe has happened. Budge said on the 3rd of March that Robbie was getting 3 years. I’ll be gobsmaked if she’s changed her tune 4 weeks later. I’ll be equally gobsmaked if Robbie has been brought in and told he’s not getting kept on and he’s decided to hang around for the last 4 games. 

SuperstarSteve

Personally not too bothered who comes in or if Robbie stays. (Granted he lost my backing after the Brora result) If I was pushed to pick it would be McInnes for obvious reasons. 

Whoever it is though better finish top 4 instantly or be hounded out. Our fans rightly or wrongly won’t settle for anything less. 

Thankfully I’m a game by game kinda guy these days. Take it as it comes week by week. Refuse to stress about long term plans. Our end game as a club can be achieved in one season. Every season. (Well except this year due to demotion)

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

If it starts hurting the business then I think she will act. Season ticket uptakes could push her into change. 

You’re spot on but we won’t be selling them until May/June and by the time she realises folk are boycotting them it will be too late and then we are looking at the first set of fixtures before he’s sacked. 
He has a good knack of getting out when he knows it’s time to go. I think he will hopefully do so again with another Championship win and in his eyes his head held high with mission accomplished, with all sorts of excuses for any question of poor performances. 

3 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Leaving on mural terms isn’t what we are saying has happened tho. 

So the writing isn't on the wall?

1 minute ago, Boris said:

I think he means Muriel in the office is setting out the terms.

Ainsley Harriott
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap! you spoke to someone very close to our manager who decided to tell you ? and then you're calling him Rob ? In the last 15/20 years Robbie has been associated with hearts I have never heard him being called ROB once. 

This reeks of pish and to make it more believable you're shorting his name to make out its sound like your close. 

:symf:

Personally I would have said he would be more of a Rab than a Rob. 

john thomas
28 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I tend to agree though the OP is a bit dubious .

If it has been decided that RN has to go then an arrangement along these lines would make sense .

Not suggesting it is happening but , pretty sure , this kind of thing is not unusual in football [and business]

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats not what we are talking about. The consensus here is McInnes rebuilt Aberdeen , McInnes develops youths , McInnes has the eye for a player , McInnes has achieved more than he should have. The stark reality is he hasn’t. (@Sir Gio went through this yesterday)

Aberdeen fans have been fed up with him for years. The money made on Cosgrove and McKenna was poor considering what they had bids of at times. 

Would he stabilise us? Yh probably , would he get us results against lower teams? Yh probably , would a lot of these games be as we watch just now? most likely but with 3pts. Would he get results against the top 6? Sometimes , would he get results when it mattered? Highly unlikely...

These things are not going to placate a lot of Hearts fans. 

This post, completely nonsensical. There is no consensus on here about McInnes, just opinions. He are the facts that matter relating to what you've posted above:

McInnes left Aberdeen in a much better situation than he found it. How many Hearts managers can you say that of?

Many players played the best football of their careers under McInnes. How many Hearts managers can you say that of?

McInnes did not sell both Cosgrove and McKenna at peak value. They still sold for more than any Hearts player has in the last 14 years. Both players than he either developed or signed for heehaw..

McInnes record outside of those deals in the market is iffy, particularly not getting decent money for McGinn, Rooney, Jack, McLean, Shinnie, Wright. The flipside of this is that these players played out their contracts and produced for the club. Again, Hearts in these period received 2 transfer fees over a million.

Players under McInnes stayed in and around the team for many seasons, some looking shite before coming good. How many Hearts managers would have pulled the plug after 6 months on Sam Cosgrove? We need continuity and he has shown to have faith in the players he brings to the club, sometimes to a fault.

Would he stabilise us? Yh probably , would he get us results against lower teams? Yh probably , would a lot of these games be as we watch just now? most likely but with 3pts. Would he get results against the top 6? Sometimes

How many Hearts managers have achieved what you say above? If he can bring what you say above, then he is exactly what we need.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

This post, completely nonsensical. There is no consensus on here about McInnes, just opinions. He are the facts that matter relating to what you've posted above:

McInnes left Aberdeen in a much better situation than he found it. How many Hearts managers can you say that of?

Many players played the best football of their careers under McInnes. How many Hearts managers can you say that of?

McInnes did not sell both Cosgrove and McKenna at peak value. They still sold for more than any Hearts player has in the last 14 years. Both players than he either developed or signed for heehaw..

McInnes record outside of those deals in the market is iffy, particularly not getting decent money for McGinn, Rooney, Jack, McLean, Shinnie, Wright. The flipside of this is that these players played out their contracts and produced for the club. Again, Hearts in these period received 2 transfer fees over a million.

Players under McInnes stayed in and around the team for many seasons, some looking shite before coming good. How many Hearts managers would have pulled the plug after 6 months on Sam Cosgrove? We need continuity and he has shown to have faith in the players he brings to the club, sometimes to a fault.

How many Hearts managers have achieved what you say above? If he can bring what you say above, then he is exactly what we need.

I think Alex Neil brings more to the table. I wouldn’t be unhappy with McInnes but I don’t see what makes him the best candidate either. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think Alex Neil brings more to the table. I wouldn’t be unhappy with McInnes but I don’t see what makes him the best candidate either. 

I think Alex Neil would be a decent appointment as well, what do you think he has that McInnes doesn't? I think it would be a big bonus for us that he has worked with Joe Savage before.

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, Boris said:

I certainly wouldn't Banksy on it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I think Alex Neil would be a decent appointment as well, what do you think he has that McInnes doesn't? I think it would be a big bonus for us that he has worked with Joe Savage before.

Previously won promotion from the English Championship, where McInnes made very little impact. Also a pretty steady performance at Preston with a budget which won’t have been much better than McInnes’ at Bristol City. Of a higher calibre I reckon

This is My Story Podcast
30 minutes ago, Boris said:

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think he means Muriel in the office is setting out the terms.

🙃🙃🙃

Budge left a collage that Muriel done for him. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Previously won promotion from the English Championship, where McInnes made very little impact. Also a pretty steady performance at Preston with a budget which won’t have been much better than McInnes’ at Bristol City. Of a higher calibre I reckon

Fair point. I'd prefer the manager with the better record in the Scottish Premiership than the English Championship though.

Edited by Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

The really big thing for me there is Savage. Dan admitted he's not comfy in transfers. That team could work. Would love to see it. Won't happen.

Agreed. At the very least we would see some entertaining football. If we forget the St Mirren game off course. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Agreed. At the very least we would see some entertaining football. If we forget the St Mirren game off course. 

What games were you entertained by under Stendel? One of the countless ones where our high line was easily exploited time after time? The football under Stendel is only remembered as entertaining because of the manager that came before him.

Edited by Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

SomethingAboutObua

So is the TL;DR of this thread we'd like it to be true but it's most likely a load of jobby, possibly by a Hibby troll? Surely just get the thread closed if that's the case?

:D Is this thread still going?

The OP has played a blinder. Hook, line and sinker.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He was steadily taking Aberdeen back to where he found it

jack D and coke

I’ve seen the day I used to bite with these ITK types of threads. 
This is complete and utter bolloks. 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic