• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, andrew said:

What nonsense, so you need 'good connections' to know about the job he did at Aberdeen?

I have eyes, I'm able to see for myself. Unfortunately I remember us being 3-0 down at home to them at HT in Neilson's first spell in charge. They absolutely battered us but apparently some on here think we dominated them at the time.

He may not play good football but that's not what we need right now, we need someone to shake things up and get us winning games and back challenging for top 3. The football was shite under Levein in his first spell but the trips to Bordeaux, Braga, Basle and Feynoord are amongst my happiest memories of being a Hearts fan and there were plenty of exciting games. Did you really care that we were direct when we beat Hibs 5-1 or Dunfermline 7-1?

No, we need someone to genuinely take us forward, not another been there and not done it.

Nae idea who it could be right enough.

Rick Sanchez

Robbie sacrificed a shot at the Premiership with Dundee Utd to come back to us. I don't see Ann getting rid of him before another chance at it. She ain't got it in her.

I pray, but I don't see it.

ok, not sure if this has been mentioned as I can't be bothered trawling through 11 pages, however, in the opening post, the OP says he was speaking to someone very close to Robbie, Rob, Bob whoever then a few posts later. he says he's the one talking to his pal Bob/Rob.. I smell poop 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I just post what I hear. 

Fair enough.

8 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

When your dad won't buy you chocolate ice cream in Asda 😂

I recently showed my 33 year old son a photo of himself when he was 3 with a petted lip you could hang your washing off,😂 we all had a laugh and he had a wee bit of a riddy, we all said “it’s alright son we all had moments like that when we were bairns “.   That utter roaster of a man would not show any shame at all about that utter embarrassment of an acting performance. 😂

5 hours ago, andrew said:

What nonsense, so you need 'good connections' to know about the job he did at Aberdeen?

I have eyes, I'm able to see for myself. Unfortunately I remember us being 3-0 down at home to them at HT in Neilson's first spell in charge. They absolutely battered us but apparently some on here think we dominated them at the time.

He may not play good football but that's not what we need right now, we need someone to shake things up and get us winning games and back challenging for top 3. The football was shite under Levein in his first spell but the trips to Bordeaux, Braga, Basle and Feynoord are amongst my happiest memories of being a Hearts fan and there were plenty of exciting games. Did you really care that we were direct when we beat Hibs 5-1 or Dunfermline 7-1?

To be fair mate, folk on here want us playing amazing possession football, but also wanted a big target man, want us to be more direct, but not too direct that we don't have 2 CM's pulling the strings, but also don't want 2 CM's pulling the strings because one of them has to be a Bruno/Brellier type to get "stuck in" - but at least 6 of these boys need to be a "character in the dressing room", but not too much like a Cummings type.

When we were winning games by 2 goals this season against Morton etc not alot of folk were complaining too much, but when we draw its all the "we should be hammering these teams 6 nothing" talk.

I think fans are just always wanting something new - and I think for us being competitive at the top with a bit of stability is all we need right now for the next 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, 151 said:

To be fair mate, folk on here want us playing amazing possession football, but also wanted a big target man, want us to be more direct, but not too direct that we don't have 2 CM's pulling the strings, but also don't want 2 CM's pulling the strings because one of them has to be a Bruno/Brellier type to get "stuck in" - but at least 6 of these boys need to be a "character in the dressing room", but not too much like a Cummings type.

When we were winning games by 2 goals this season against Morton etc not alot of folk were complaining too much, but when we draw its all the "we should be hammering these teams 6 nothing" talk.

I think fans are just always wanting something new - and I think for us being competitive at the top with a bit of stability is all we need right now for the next 2 seasons.

Agree to an extent but what you've just described is just different fans looking for different things. That's the same with any group of supporters. The reason we aren't beating teams by two goals or more is because our managers solution to every defeat or poor result is to play more defensively. 

4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Winning games seems a long long time ago, even by a single goal. 2 in 9. Another failure looming on Friday and he's still around. 

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How are Hearts getting rid of Robbie?. 

Aye - they are bring back Stendel. :rofl:

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, andrew said:

Mastered and schooled by Levein and Neilson? What are you basing this on?

During McInnes' 8 years at Aberdeen we beat them twice at Pittodrie, once (under Locke) against 10 men when we were bottom of the league and the other was the last game of the season when they had already secured 2nd place. It's now 6 years since we won up there.

Were we not a man down when we beat them under Locke? McHattie was sent off, I think. 

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Winning games seems a long long time ago, even by a single goal. 2 in 9. Another failure looming on Friday and he's still around. 

If we can’t win on Friday I’m afraid we’ll have to drop into playoffs. Can’t imagine we would beat any of the other playoff teams so looks like another season in championship. Hope I’m proved wrong, but it’ll be a very close thing watching us try to avoid hibsing it.

1 hour ago, jambotony said:

ok, not sure if this has been mentioned as I can't be bothered trawling through 11 pages, however, in the opening post, the OP says he was speaking to someone very close to Robbie, Rob, Bob whoever then a few posts later. he says he's the one talking to his pal Bob/Rob.. I smell poop 

Tho OP and Bob are besties dontcha know.

Here's what he had to say when his old mucker Rob was reappointed.

Screenshot_20210406-072907~2.png

Edited by fancy a brew

18 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

Tbh I've never heard him called Rob and certainly not Bob

Boaby ?

17 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Calling bullshit on this one. Robbie will be there start of next season 100%

You’ll be taking the 100/1 offered by the OP then.

I don’t think he’ll be here. I’m not sure we’re as far down the line on a new manager as the OP says but he can’t be allowed to continue against this strength of fan feeling

Edited by JimmyCant

19 hours ago, Jodami said:

The ongoing tragedy of ITK, it's like crack cocaine for some posters...

I’m with you on that one.

The OP claiming RN will leave in the next 4 months, even my dug could have told you that.

44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think he’ll be here. I’m not sure we’re as far down the line on a new manager as the OP says but he can’t be allowed to continue against this strength of fan feeling

I don’t think he will.  Money dictates everything and it’s becoming increasingly obvious that his unpopularity will have a substantial financial impact if he remains. I’m only surprised that he’s managed to stay in post after Brora.  

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Agree to an extent but what you've just described is just different fans looking for different things. That's the same with any group of supporters. The reason we aren't beating teams by two goals or more is because our managers solution to every defeat or poor result is to play more defensively. 

I agree but my point was that if we were grinding out 1-0 games and 2-0 games and were looking at getting back into Europe etc I don't see anyone moaning about that.

This is not me saying McInness would be a good appointment btw I cannot stand the guy and don't want him near Hearts. Just stateing that what he done for Aberdeen is what we need, regardless of the fact the poster said his football was awful.

7 hours ago, andrew said:

Basle was Robbo but Levein’s first spell was mostly good. 

Prince Buaben
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Hendoladany more updates bud?

He's still waiting on Rob to text him back. Getting him a deal on Mark Darcy suits before he goes.

Prince Buaben
18 minutes ago, 151 said:

I agree but my point was that if we were grinding out 1-0 games and 2-0 games and were looking at getting back into Europe etc I don't see anyone moaning about that.

Hearts fans moan about ****ing everything. 

I remember when I found kickback 2 in 2003 and we went on to finish 3rd back to back. Folk on here moaning about us playing boring football and grinding out results under Levien. 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

:levein_interesting:

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

If we can’t win on Friday I’m afraid we’ll have to drop into playoffs. Can’t imagine we would beat any of the other playoff teams so looks like another season in championship. Hope I’m proved wrong, but it’ll be a very close thing watching us try to avoid hibsing it.

It is actually a reflection of the situation that many people I've spoken with (online) are not confident we will win at Tynecastle on Friday night against the bottom club in the league, Alloa. And our final three games are then against Morton (away), ICT (home) and Raith (away), three teams who for different reasons will be looking to take points from us. It is a sad situation that there is a lack of confidence that winning the Championship is still not a guaranteed certainty.

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How are Hearts getting rid of Robbie?. 

How are we getting rid of him if he doesn’t take his chance to sort it ?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Someone please tell me more about McInnes' brilliant record at developing young players, as I'm yet to hear any evidence of it.

Even Aberdeen fans don't believe that was a strength of his.

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

AE9094EF-4F2D-4988-B53D-48610DFC5CB2.gif

46 minutes ago, 151 said:

This is not me saying McInness would be a good appointment btw I cannot stand the guy and don't want him near Hearts. Just stateing that what he done for Aberdeen is what we need, regardless of the fact the poster said his football was awful.

I really disagree. For me,  the last thing we need is another unimaginative, pragmatic, safe Scottish football type appointment.

Our club is fractured. We need someone to reunite and excite us all.

Yes, I get the risk, but I don't think it's a huge one. Look how far we've sunk. Back in the real batshit days of Romanov, coming 5th or 6th was a bad season.

Our morale as a fan base is so low that we're willing to accept dreary shite if it gets us top 6??! No way, we should be able to achieve at least that even if we're erratic as hell under some maverick!!

And let's not forget Ann actually brought in both Cathro and Stendel. She is not against progressive appointments.

I'd love us to get in someone like Stendel again,  or Big Dunc. A personality who takes no prisoners and demands passion first and foremost from his players.

Alex Neil probably provides a happy medium in all of this. Plays quite positive football, a modern type of coach who has developed youth, good understanding of Scottish football.

McInnes, it actually upsets me that we're so desperate that there are quite a few want this prick. He's Craig Levein, but actually with way less intelligence. Levein can at least point to some structural work which he can be proud of such as the youth success at Dundee United.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I really disagree. For me,  the last thing we need is another unimaginative, pragmatic, safe Scottish football type appointment.

Yes, I get the risk, but I don't think it's a huge one. Look how far we've sunk. Back in the real batshit days of Romanov, coming 5th or 6th was a bad season.

Our morale as a fan base is so low that we're willing to accept dreary shite if it gets us top 6??! No way, we should be able to achieve at least that even if we're erratic as hell under some maverick!!

And let's not forget Ann actually brought in both Cathro and Stendel. She is not against progressive appointments.

I'd love us to get in someone like Stendel again,  or Big Dunc. A personality who takes no prisoners and demands passion first and foremost from his players.

Alex Neil probably provides a happy medium in all of this. Plays quite positive football, a modern type of coach who has developed youth, good understanding of Scottish football.

McInnes, it actually upsets me that we're so desperate that there are quite a few want this prick. He's Craig Levein, but actually with way less intelligence. Levein can at least point to some structural work which he can be proud of such as the youth success at Dundee United.

100% Duncan Ferguson for me. 

Purely for passion, there is no way a player would get away with not giving 100% every minute. He would unite the fans and get results.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Someone please tell me more about McInnes' brilliant record at developing young players, as I'm yet to hear any evidence of it.

I am not sure he did but he would point to his track record of league positions over a sustained period and doing decent in Europe. 

Whilst I would love to see our team winning with a nucleus of academy products, it’s more important to me to be winning. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And at Hearts?

I disagree with your first paragraph. What we need now is exactly someone who does not try to be too clever, plays to the strengths of the squad in front of him and gets results. 

3 years of McInnes would be ideal for us imo

10 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Sergio will be popping out an opinion soon, I reckon. 

Hi team won 5-1 at the weekend.

Omen?

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

The strength of feeling means nothing to Ann. Look how long she kept Craig against the sense of feeling. I hope you're right and I'm wrong though. I'm not a betting man either 

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Robbie sacrificed a shot at the Premiership with Dundee Utd to come back to us. I don't see Ann getting rid of him before another chance at it. She ain't got it in her.

I pray, but I don't see it.

Spot on 

Unfortunately I may add 

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This is where I’m at also, we really need someone to unite the support. Another safe boring appointment from the usual suspects will increase the apathy further amongst the fans. Whether we can afford something different remains to be seen. 

I would take Alex neil or duncan ferguson but i really think we should explore the foreign route thoroughly before rushing a decision, I don't want Mcinness, he is too defensive minded imo and i feel their are far better options out there, each to their own though.

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The strength of feeling means nothing to Ann. Look how long she kept Craig against the sense of feeling. I hope you're right and I'm wrong though. I'm not a betting man either 

If it starts hurting the business then I think she will act. Season ticket uptakes could push her into change. 

28 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

It's not mandatory and has been shown it's a waste of time and money. Settle for a winning team with experienced pros any time. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

It's not mandatory and has been shown it's a waste of time and money. Settle for a winning team with experienced pros any time. 

All the best Hearts teams have a number of exciting young players, either coming through the youth ranks or buying best young Scottish talent...

and all Hearts teams based around ageing pros have been total failures.

Not saying we should bring him back but it would have been interesting to have seen what Stendel would have done in this league and with 2 transfer windows. Might have had some "blips" but sure he would have had us working towards next season. 

I often wonder what the club makes of these threads. They’re either laughing at the wind up or wondering how the OP got their info. Or maybe the OP is a plant, break the news through here to calm everyone done.

12 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would take Alex neil or duncan ferguson but i really think we should explore the foreign route thoroughly before rushing a decision, I don't want Mcinness, he is too defensive minded imo and i feel their are far better options out there, each to their own though.

I know you are not alone as many other posters have also said they would like Alex Neil but why?. He did ok at Hamilton, I think we were all surprised when he was appointed by Norwich. He took over a good side and he got them promoted so ok but just because he has managed in the premiership and championship doesn't make him a great manager. So what facts are behind the wishes? 

Ps - Happy to be convinced

45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And at Hearts?

I disagree with your first paragraph. What we need now is exactly someone who does not try to be too clever, plays to the strengths of the squad in front of him and gets results. 

3 years of McInnes would be ideal for us imo

Honestly, you wouldn't be saying that if it happened.

His record is actually shite at Aberdeen. Just happened his only competition were goosed during his reign. And he refused to accept Celtic as a rival.

Any time another team has pulled a half decent season together, Aberdeen have crumbled.

Saying he's a safe manager means thats how he plays, not that we're safe in his hands.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am not sure he did but he would point to his track record of league positions over a sustained period and doing decent in Europe. 

Whilst I would love to see our team winning with a nucleus of academy products, it’s more important to me to be winning. 

34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I agree with both of you in fairness, just picking up on comments from others that his record with youth is a reason why he should be hired.

A winning team is all that really matters. I don't particularly care about "style" either as a winning and confident team will play an exciting brand of football but as long as we're winning games I don't really care how we do it.

For what it's worth, I believe a lot of the gripes people have about Neilson currently would still exist with McInnes in charge.  Aberdeen went through a spell at the start of this season where they were actually quite exciting to watch but soon reverted to type and in the main, they were a boring side to watch throughout his tenure.

Criticisms directed at Neilson which would also apply to McInnes? Style of play, constant rotation of his starting XI, plays players out of position regularly and overthinks his selections and tactics for big games.

His domestic record is very good in terms of league placing but despite taking Aberdeen to multiple cup semi finals and finals, one League Cup for his troubles is pretty poor truth be told.  Robbie Neilson has come closer to winning the Scottish Cup in this current spell than Derek McInnes ever did with Aberdeen.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, andrew said:

Aberdeen finished in Europe 8 times in a row under McInnes and reached Hampden (i.e. semis or finals) 13 times. He brought in or nurtured guys like McLean, Jack, Shinney, Cosgrove and McKenna who have all go on to play at a higher level and had guys like Logan, Lewis, Ferguson, Rooney, McGinn and GMS who would have all walked it into our team at the time.

Meanwhile we've had higher attendances, been a more attractive club in terms of city, stadium and training facilities, had a huge amount of private investment and yet we've had one 3rd place finish, the rest has been mid table mediocrity or worse.

Anyone turning up their nose at the possibility of him replacing Neilson as manger is mental imo, we're an absolute shambles of a club at the moment.

:lol:

His time was 4 maybe 5 years ago,  you have just stuck your fingers in your ears and not listened. 

He doesn't work with Directors, and 750k a year for what? What did he achieve in Europe when he got there?

2 cup ties both lost to Hearts. Shit the bed every time they play Celtic. 

Go compare their semifinal abdication to Hearts cup final fight back and tell me honestly this is what you wish for Hearts, more of the same but even more cowardly 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic