New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Have only read the opening post but as much as I hadn’t heard about any new manager, I had heard that Robbie was getting to see the season out and would be replaced in the summer and posted something to that effect yesterday I think it was.

If I was a betting man then I’d be putting a chunk of money on Alex Neil to become the next Heart of Midlothian manager.

I tried to get a price from Bet365 but they aren’t playing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tartofmidlothian
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Have only read the opening post but as much as I hadn’t heard about any new manager, I had heard that Robbie was getting to see the season out and would be replaced in the summer and posted something to that effect yesterday I think it was.

If I was a betting man then I’d be putting a chunk of money on Alex Neil to become the next Heart of Midlothian manager.

Sounds good.

Hectormasson
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

This is the man we could do with , but it could be hard as he might be settled with  his family in England   and it may cost a right few quid also ?good pal of savage and might be persuaded....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, andrew said:

If you bothered to check the facts you'd see that we have 9 wins a piece since McInnes took over at Aberdeen, we haven't come anywhere close to dominating them.

Cathro responsible for 3 and 2 whilst Neilson worked him out. Once Neilson had, he never lost any of the next 4 winning 3, conceding only one in the 4.

So 4 wins beyond those. 

Considering where we were in those early years, particularly Locke season and first season back up Mcinnes started from a position of advantage and power.

As I said he was found out. As he has been this season in spectacular fashion  

How hard is it to score only one goal, against the worst team, in 9 matches.  Aberdeen fans hate him.

Do read what I say,  all of these points have been mentioned to add context to the facts as you put them 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I am not remotely close to being in the know, but seems an obvious course. 

People tend to work with those they know and trust with JS now key

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

If Dodds helps makes McCann tick, what's the point of McCann if no Dodds.

Doubt Dodds would join just yet - read earlier on that his dug just died

The_razors_edge

Was sceptical of the OP but was told tonight Neilson is getting to see out the season but will be replaced in the summer. No names given as to his replacement though

16 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Thanks for that mate, i really hope what you have heard is correct, we desperately need something to change.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

You said Neilson was leaving last week.

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How has this thread got to 10 pages? 

Desperation?

Boredom coupled with vivid imagination. 

17 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Did he? 😀

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s going to be McInnes ain’t it?

It’s gonna be a classic Simpsons 

“ He’s away” Woohoo!

”Here’s Derek” Doh!

🤣

3 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

He will still be in the background, a bit like Levein!

🙈🙈🙈🙈 not enough facepalms

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No the Dundee fans despise the little shit and were threatening a boycott if he was hired 😆🤪
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-dodds-lifts-lid-dundee-13445239

Was looking for that to post

3 hours ago, blairdin said:

I'd be happy with either McIness or McCann. McIness went stale at Aberdeen, but he built a good exciting side in his first few years - I don't think he ever figured out how to replace Adam Rooney or Shinnie. McCann is a fan of positive football, so I could get onboard with that. 

I'd love to see Alex Neil, but I just don't see him as a realistic prospect, he'll get higher paid job offers down south. 

McInnes Didnt really build that team. Aberdeen fans hate him. This place would melt down

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I spoke* with someone close to someone who's connected to someone who's ITK at the club.

He said "None of us know anyone called Hondalad.  And who the **** is Bobby Nielsen?"

*This may or may not be an accurate reflection of events

Brilliant 🤣

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How has this thread got to 10 pages? 

Desperation?

Because sometimes JKB just delivers and is funny as fooooo     K

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Did he? 😀

..........  Yes !!!!

Sorry - Doddy !!

Just now, Portable Badger said:

..........  Yes !!!!

Sorry - Doddy !!

🤣

feedtheroman2
19 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

You sure it was Billy Dodds' dog that died and not Billy Dodds' dad's dog?

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cathro responsible for 3 and 2 whilst Neilson worked him out. Once Neilson had, he never lost any of the next 4 winning 3, conceding only one in the 4.

So 4 wins beyond those. 

Considering where we were in those early years, particularly Locke season and first season back up Mcinnes started from a position of advantage and power.

As I said he was found out. As he has been this season in spectacular fashion  

How hard is it to score only one goal, against the worst team, in 9 matches.  Aberdeen fans hate him.

Do read what I say,  all of these points have been mentioned to add context to the facts as you put them 

Aberdeen finished in Europe 8 times in a row under McInnes and reached Hampden (i.e. semis or finals) 13 times. He brought in or nurtured guys like McLean, Jack, Shinney, Cosgrove and McKenna who have all go on to play at a higher level and had guys like Logan, Lewis, Ferguson, Rooney, McGinn and GMS who would have all walked it into our team at the time.

Meanwhile we've had higher attendances, been a more attractive club in terms of city, stadium and training facilities, had a huge amount of private investment and yet we've had one 3rd place finish, the rest has been mid table mediocrity or worse.

Anyone turning up their nose at the possibility of him replacing Neilson as manger is mental imo, we're an absolute shambles of a club at the moment.

Just now, andrew said:

Aberdeen finished in Europe 8 times in a row under McInnes and reached Hampden (i.e. semis or finals) 13 times. He brought in or nurtured guys like McLean, Jack, Shinney, Cosgrove and McKenna who have all go on to play at a higher level and had guys like Logan, Lewis, Ferguson, Rooney, McGinn and GMS who would have all walked it into our team at the time.

Meanwhile we've had higher attendances, been a more attractive club in terms of city, stadium and training facilities, had a huge amount of private investment and yet we've had one 3rd place finish, the rest has been mid table mediocrity or worse.

Anyone turning up their nose at the possibility of him replacing Neilson as manger is mental imo, we're an absolute shambles of a club at the moment.

Where do you live? 

Portable Badger
Just now, feedtheroman2 said:

You sure it was Billy Dodds' dog that died and not Billy Dodds' dad's dog?

Don’t worry I’ve got my bike outside!

31 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

This is the man we could do with , but it could be hard as he might be settled with  his family in England   and it may cost a right few quid also ?good pal of savage and might be persuaded....

‘Good pal’? He has been Savages boss for years 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Where do you live? 

What does that have to do with anything?

8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Exactly this.

Yeah but Gary Locke owned him etc etc.

Just now, andrew said:

What does that have to do with anything?

If you lived up here you’d be way more clued up on McInnes than the outward stats and the stuff you are posting. Sir Gio , I can tell you has good connections to be far more spot on about Aberdeen and McInnes than yourself too. He gave you an argument and stats and you changed the goalposts. 

Hibs have reached how many semi’s and finals? How many times have you wanted their manager?

Aberdeen under McInnes did not develop all these amazing players. McInnes’s record with youth is abysmal!!! McInnes was all but his own boss at Aberdeen he had Milne in his pocket hence the ridiculous nigh on £1mil a year wage. 

McInnes’s teams are the epitome of kick and rush , the football they play is ****ing horrendous. Worse if possible than Levein and Neilson the only difference is he had a modicum of success with it whilst the league was severely weakened.

He underperformed a lot and at best met only some expectations with Aberdeen during that time. Aberdeen fans detest him , a lot of the players are not as fond of him as you think they might be. 

Aberdeens return of One League Cup from the time they had almost free reign as the second force in Scottish football is awful and does not come close to cutting it. 

If he comes in fair enough but itll be more falling asleep during games for us all and not much excitement at all. 

StevenNaismith
33 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You said Neilson was leaving last week.

:rofl:

Read what I wrote yesterday.

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, andrew said:

Nailed it. 1st para is dreamland.

9 hours ago, Hendolad said:

Yes I know.I didn't mention because I didn't know Duncan was being mentioned.

Rumpelstiltskin, there.

Hearts fans being suckered into listening to the thoughts of a few codheids.

Sad times

Throw the ***** in the Dee. Gorgie rules.

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

If you lived up here you’d be way more clued up on McInnes than the outward stats and the stuff you are posting. Sir Gio , I can tell you has good connections to be far more spot on about Aberdeen and McInnes than yourself too. He gave you an argument and stats and you changed the goalposts. 

Hibs have reached how many semi’s and finals? How many times have you wanted their manager?

Aberdeen under McInnes did not develop all these amazing players. McInnes’s record with youth is abysmal!!! McInnes was all but his own boss at Aberdeen he had Milne in his pocket hence the ridiculous nigh on £1mil a year wage. 

McInnes’s teams are the epitome of kick and rush , the football they play is ****ing horrendous. Worse if possible than Levein and Neilson the only difference is he had a modicum of success with it whilst the league was severely weakened.

He underperformed a lot and at best met only some expectations with Aberdeen during that time. Aberdeen fans detest him , a lot of the players are not as fond of him as you think they might be. 

Aberdeens return of One League Cup from the time they had almost free reign as the second force in Scottish football is awful and does not come close to cutting it. 

If he comes in fair enough but itll be more falling asleep during games for us all and not much excitement at all. 

McInnes didn't underperform, stupid to suggest otherwise. At the very least he did what was expected and that is not an easy task. See us and Hibs as an example.

A load of his cup finals were against Brendon Rogers Celtic that nobody was even close to competing with . 

Your bending the truth to suit.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Read what I wrote yesterday.

Never saw it.

A bit of backtracking?

A_A wehatethehibs

So, a few failed Hearts managers won a couple of league fixtures (and all also lost some other fixtures) against McInnes Aberdeen, who’ve sat above us in league standings for basically a decade. And someone is flying the flag for these failed Hearts managers or such? McInnes lost a football game against Hearts 6 years ago so therefore x or y... just seems to be incomprehensible babbling. The guys record is basically perfect for what we need at the moment, folk forget he didn’t take over a club on the up, it he rebuilt Aberdeen from 9th place to 8 European places and silverware. 

It’s the rebuild bit and the record of signing players who’ve cut the mustard in the SPL that matters. We need signings not coaching would think that’s crystal clear, we need someone who can put a squad together that will put itself in the mix next season. 

Greedy Jambo

I'm still of the opinion that Neilson isn't going anywhere, but it's interesting that Savage is looking for new recruitment staff on facebook. 

Ainsley Harriott
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🙈

I'm screenshoting that

Jamboscanbevicius

I am not a huge McInnes fan, but to suggest he was anything other than outstandingly successful at Aberdeen is nonsense.

He is easily they’re most successful

manager in 20-30 years, and statistically one of their best ever. That is just a fact.

McInnes may be good, who can tell, but the last thing we need right now is another Marmite appointment.  Someone to unite the supporters is a must, anything else and the rollercoaster ride continues..

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, a few failed Hearts managers won a couple of league fixtures (and all also lost some other fixtures) against McInnes Aberdeen, who’ve sat above us in league standings for basically a decade. And someone is flying the flag for these failed Hearts managers or such? McInnes lost a football game against Hearts 6 years ago so therefore x or y... just seems to be incomprehensible babbling. The guys record is basically perfect for what we need at the moment, folk forget he didn’t take over a club on the up, it he rebuilt Aberdeen from 9th place to 8 European places and silverware. 

It’s the rebuild bit and the record of signing players who’ve cut the mustard in the SPL that matters. We need signings not coaching would think that’s crystal clear, we need someone who can put a squad together that will put itself in the mix next season. 

Exactly.

If anything McInnes owned Neilson because after they embarrassed us 3-0 Nielson total changed his aproach to games and it ruined us.

4 minutes ago, dallan said:

McInnes may be good, who can tell, but the last thing we need right now is another Marmite appointment.  Someone to unite the supporters is a must, anything else and the rollercoaster ride continues..

Results will unite the fans.

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Totally agree.

The chat about Levein /Cathro / Neilson  doing a number on McInnes is embarrassing.

Folk need to accept : the current squad isn't going to morph into some silky Barca outfit in the next 2 years : we're in a for a dogfight next season, in particular. I don't fancy McInnes Dons teams but the reality is, Hearts will be shopping in the bargain basement for the foreseeable future and we need a guy who knows the score up here.  We're looking at survival next season not Tynie Tiki Taka. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Maroon Sailor

Does Boaby Neilson know he is being replaced after the season?

been here before
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Does Boaby Neilson know he is being replaced after the season?

I believe Rob told him.

3 hours ago, andrew said:

Mastered and schooled by Levein and Neilson? What are you basing this on?

During McInnes' 8 years at Aberdeen we beat them twice at Pittodrie, once (under Locke) against 10 men when we were bottom of the league and the other was the last game of the season when they had already secured 2nd place. It's now 6 years since we won up there.

Wow, that's a sobering statistic. How long has Budge been in charge?

Correlation or causation?

chuck berrys hairline
6 hours ago, 22games nro said:

1_Neil-Lennon.jpg

When your dad won't buy you chocolate ice cream in Asda 😂

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Happy with this news.  

Prince Buaben

Some thread this has turned into.

Can't see Rab Neil's son getting replaced before end of season

Also Walter Gerrard claiming to be close to Duncan Ferguson Senior.

StevenNaismith
51 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Never saw it.

A bit of backtracking?

I just post what I hear. 

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, been here before said:

I believe Rob told him.

Maybe Bob

blackadder-111.jpg.99b99ebd1d8fb3de450172743f7f99a4.jpg

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Elvis coming into the building.  

Return to Sender 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

What nonsense, so you need 'good connections' to know about the job he did at Aberdeen?

I have eyes, I'm able to see for myself. Unfortunately I remember us being 3-0 down at home to them at HT in Neilson's first spell in charge. They absolutely battered us but apparently some on here think we dominated them at the time.

He may not play good football but that's not what we need right now, we need someone to shake things up and get us winning games and back challenging for top 3. The football was shite under Levein in his first spell but the trips to Bordeaux, Braga, Basle and Feynoord are amongst my happiest memories of being a Hearts fan and there were plenty of exciting games. Did you really care that we were direct when we beat Hibs 5-1 or Dunfermline 7-1?

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic