Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick Sanchez

The people clamouring for Duncan Ferguson are just missing a bit of passion and playing for the shirt. It's been far too long.

I'd prefer McInnes to Neil but I'm not fussed. Just give me someone with a bit of something about them that can command a dressing room and set a team up positively.

16 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Honours even between young Hibs and Hearts at Oriam | The Scotsman

If that total cant rocks up then I want my pound coin back from him!!! 😋

It will just be another appointment for one of the guys on the Scottish managerial merry-go-round. 

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Step forward Mr Jon Daly!

Turns out the right person for the job was just along the corridor the whole time!! 

1 minute ago, oi oi said:

It will just be another appointment for one of the guys on the Scottish managerial merry-go-round. 

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

Sad but true.

1 minute ago, oi oi said:

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

I hope not. We need someone who is going to enthuse the support. 

I've been booted in the stones too often to get my hopes up about anything, to be honest.

What will be, will be.

This thead is reeks.  Absolutely no evidence that the OP is anything other than a Hibs troll.

So, there's two available that we are aware of at the moment. Derek McInnes and Alex Neil. 

McInnes kept Aberdeen up there for the last few years. His team was better a few seasons back when they had Adam Rooney etc in their squad. He signed some decent players and only a few failures and hasn't been allowed to sign as good quality as before due to cutbacks at the club. he wanted Liam Boyce and never got him. He wanted to take Gary Mackay-Steven back to Aberdeen, he never got him. And now we've got Shay Logan, yes, initially on loan but he wants to stay on and sign a contract with Hearts if he can. Quite a McInnes connection to recent signings.

Alex Neil. Helped turn Hamilton into a steady Premier team (wish these fkrs would get relegated, shitey support and stadium)  and he did quite well at Norwich at first with a fraction of the budget of the big English clubs. Knows Joe Savage from his time with Preston. In terms of keeping Hamilton steady and managing okay at Norwich, i'd say Hearts were a good in-between option, a challenge to get Hearts back near the top. Norwich weren't expected to challenge the Man City's and Liverpool's of this world, Hamilton are happy avoiding relegation every season so a tempting challenge seeing as there's really only the old firm to get near in Scotland. 

I don't know.....either of them would be up for that challenge i think. If it is one of them then they've got a lot of mess to sort out.

3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Turns out the right person for the job was just along the corridor the whole time!! 

Don't even joke about it!

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Also...Lead Recruitment Analyst job up on Facebook......make sure your CV is up-to-date as I reckon they'll take anyone.

:4_1_72:

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Remember it’s Rob Cockwomble to his chums 

👍

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This thead is reeks.  Absolutely no evidence that the OP is anything other than a Hibs troll.

Apart from the fact he’s friendly enough with Neilson to call him Rob. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Apart from the fact he’s friendly enough with Neilson to call him Rob. 

That will do it, I suppose. 🤔

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

The ongoing tragedy of ITK, it's like crack cocaine for some posters...

Mainliners are the worst man, it’s like some righteous quest for recognition dude/dudette:033: 

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

given that every man and his dog is stopping FoH subs and not renewing ST's what are we expecting we can't afford any decent manager it will probably be some twat from the lower reaches of the English leagues 

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

I've been booted in the stones too often to get my hopes up about anything, to be honest.

What will be, will be.

They just get numb after a while 🙁

Either that or I need to see a Doctor 🥼 

weegie jambo

Added fuel to the fire is McInnes in the press stating that he'd get back into management if the right job came up. I'm guessing he may have been sounded out already and the newspaper articles are paving the way for an announcement once promotion is secured and Robbie can bow out having achieved the promotion he was employed to get.

13 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

We have tried an up and coming coach, we have tried a foreign coach with a different style of play. The media hate them up here and it's sad to say the players don't respect or respond to them, maybe because they are of the same  mind set as Kris Boyd. Unfortunately a good old fashioned reliable Scottish face will be our best chance of getting our players to put in a shift. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We have tried an up and coming coach, we have tried a foreign coach with a different style of play. The media hate them up here and it's sad to say the players don't respect or respond to them, maybe because they are of the same  mind set as Kris Boyd. Unfortunately a good old fashioned reliable Scottish face will be our best chance of getting our players to put in a shift. 

So depressingly sad and correct

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

given that every man and his dog is stopping FoH subs and not renewing ST's what are we expecting we can't afford any decent manager it will probably be some twat from the lower reaches of the English leagues 

Amazing every man and his dog......what a load of rubbish spouted in that post

Figures have been given and it is under 5% stopping subs.............given you don't contribute then you'll not be part of that anyway

Good to see you have a list of twats from your vast experience of life and football knowledge just in case anyone at the club needs to refer to you for advice

Ex member of the SaS

My problem with McInnes or any of the Scottish merry go round managers is their fear of the OF. Stendel didn't have that fear and this is something we need. Play each game as it comes no matter the opposition.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Pressley

McInnes

Caldwell

Robinson

Etc

Sadly true.
We tried to break it by appointing Stendel.

The arseholes in the west didn’t like it but it’s alright if the arse cheeks do it.

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

My problem with McInnes or any of the Scottish merry go round managers is their fear of the OF. Stendel didn't have that fear and this is something we need. Play each game as it comes no matter the opposition.

Let's get back as close as we can to the Old Firm first before we start worrying about that.

Just being in front of Hibs and Aberdeen would be great for starters.

46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

JOBBIE WANKSON

is, you’ll find, the correct terminology 

Ah! The 10 year old''s are out in force again I see.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Let's get back as close as we can to the Old Firm first before we start worrying about that.

Just being in front of Hibs and Aberdeen would be great for starters.

I get what you are saying but getting above Hibs is setting the bar too low.

31 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

stopic2-300x221.png

I'm a storyteller and my stories must be told...

...in Scotland I am Rab...

😁

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I get infuriated that if we, or any other team, do something like bringing in a foreign coach or trying different methods the press jump on it. If the OF do it they are praised for being visionary. Think of the abuse we got in the Romanov era for foreigner in the team. I don’t remember Rangers or Celtic getting that abuse when Advocaat and O’Neil had their starting line ups with one or two Scottish players at most in them. 
I’m sticking with my long term opinion that the majority of the media in this country are uninformed scum that are best ignored. 

Just now, Fraggle said:

If that total cant rocks up then I want my pound coin back from him!!! 😋

It's probably still in the top pocket where it struck him. 

Lennon was never going to be up for an academy award for his performance that night. The way he went down in stages still makes me laugh when i think about it. And all that to take the heat away from his own fans who'd attacked Zlamal. Comedy gold.

2 minutes ago, T1874HMFC said:

Seems unlikely Budge would have said to Neilson he’s getting sacked before promotion is secured 

Wasn’t quite what the OP said. Was more like he’s graciously decided to step aside for the greater good of Hearts. Using Hendolad as his spokesman to the fans and now wants to be known as Rob or Bob because he’s reinventing himself. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I agree that foreign coaches in the past have been better with the old firm but what you’re missing is stendel’s record against the poorer teams was shit.

I would rather beat the teams who we should beat and take a scalp every so often against the old firm, ideally in the cups like we did with JJ.

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty eh

Plenty yes over the 8 years he was there. 

45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not against Neilson he hasn't and his star is rather on the wane, particularly since he doesn't run the football club from top to bottom. 

My Mrs has a season ticket I've watched as much of Aberdeen as I have Hearts, frying pan into the fire.

Would be an abysmal unimaginative and ultimately flawed appointment. 

Prepared to take stick, stuck my neck out on the signing of Mackay Steven as a player who was either hot cold or injured, physically or mentally. 

Unfortunately I know a good deal about the Sheep, eye bleeding. 

Same words people have used about Neilson and they want Mcinnes to replace him.

Its incredible 

What incredible is given our plight we’d turn our noses up at a manager who finished in Europe every single season he’s managed in Scotland. 

a manager who unquestionably restored aberdeen to being the third force in Scotland after decades of being a laughing stock.

we are the laughing stock now, we are a complete ****ing joke.   

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

So depressingly sad and correct

Yep, Killi tried something different with that Italian bloke. You get players that have never left Scotland moaning to the press that they don't like the training etc etc. Scottish football is a joke.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree that foreign coaches in the past have been better with the old firm but what you’re missing is stendel’s record against the poorer teams was shit.

I would rather beat the teams who we should beat and take a scalp every so often against the old firm, ideally in the cups like we did with JJ.

I used Stendel as an example of managers who don't crap their pants at playing the bigot twins.

HEARTS FOREVER
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sadly with the pish we are watching it'll do for starters

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I love a good ITK post, prime JKB

Only miles off the mark 90% of the time

4 minutes ago, T1874HMFC said:

Seems unlikely Budge would have said to Neilson he’s getting sacked before promotion is secured 

:getout:you talk too much sense, you will not fit in here.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I get infuriated that if we, or any other team, do something like bringing in a foreign coach or trying different methods the press jump on it. If the OF do it they are praised for being visionary. Think of the abuse we got in the Romanov era for foreigner in the team. I don’t remember Rangers or Celtic getting that abuse when Advocaat and O’Neil had their starting line ups with one or two Scottish players at most in them. 
I’m sticking with my long term opinion that the majority of the media in this country are uninformed scum that are best ignored. 

Agreed but I bet if the media are moaning about it, then there are players in our squad doing the same. Lazy, half wits.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Normally yes, i'd agree. But right now it's only the old firm above them (i know it's always a temporary thing with them) so as it stands at the moment, that's the target for next season. If that's achieved then that's the time to start thinking about further ahead.

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, T1874HMFC said:

I would think the conversation was more like " we both know you are done and I don't want to sack you so maybe better you leave by mutual consent, what do you think Robbie? " 

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would think the conversation was more like " we both know you are done and I don't want to sack you so maybe better you leave by mutual consent, what do you think Robbie? " 

Or what do you think Rob ? 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, gorgieheart said:

Or what do you think Rob ? 

Sorry not ITK and don't know him well enough to be so informal.

Going foreign would be another huge gamble imo.....there have been so few successes of foreign managers in Scotland.

Scottish football is weird place and the chances are if you’re from overseas you won’t be in the job long.

williamgerrard
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Do you know the name of new manager? I am not asking for it - just if you know who it is.

If you don't know, how do you know it is not Ferguson?

You did not mention this in your OP. Why?

Well seen as i stay a few streets away from big duncs dads house also happen to be friends with him and his family due to his father being a major sponsor for the local amateur team  i played for .Its just a rumour dunc will never be back in the scottish game after what happened to him with the sfa so anyone who says otherwise is a liar and i call them out 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic