New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

If Derek ****ing McInnes becomes manager of Heart of Midlothian, you can forget any notion of us ever getting any points in Glasgow for the entire duration of his time in charge.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derek-mcinnes/bilanz/trainer/5526

Mediocre at best.  We can also look forward to players like Sam Cosgrove being the star of the show.  Superb. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, give us the new bosses name hendolad. Why be coy now? You’ve stuck you’re neck out so let’s go the full hog and give up the name.  

1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Rob Neilson haha. Nae bother

Well he's never indicated to me what I've called him is an issue.

I know how this place and other forums work but let's wait and see what happens.One thing is for sure if I'm wrong I'll come back to take the abuse.Im not though, he won't be at the club next season.

Bob? I can absolutely guarantee that Robbie hates being called Bob, Rob, and very often corrects his name. He is called Robbie and he doesn't care for nicknames. 

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Rob Neilson haha. Nae bother

Sometimes Bob as well. Surely if he’s from Paisley it would have been Boaby. 

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Look if I'm wrong then we will soon find out.For our current manager to be in charge for the first game next season I'll give you odds of 100/1.Not a chance.

Doest sound right to me....chance I’m wrong,but 100/1??

I've never said there is a chance I was wrong?

Maybe the administration should just delete this thread.Ive came on to tell the truth of what is happening.If one of the admin want my number I'll speak to them and confirm how I know what I know.

I won't comment anymore.No point.

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Bob? I can absolutely guarantee that Robbie hates being called Bob, Rob, and very often corrects his name. He is called Robbie and he doesn't care for nicknames. 

One last thing.

Going by your track record on here of posting transfer scoops you wouldn't know if he was known as Daisy.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I mean, state that Robbie definitely won't be manager next season to seem in the ITK (chances of success by luck - evens). It's worth a punt but even if it ends up being the case, anyone could claim something like that 

Name the new manager now and get that right, well, that would be certainly be worthy of ITK type status. 

I know who the new manager/head coach is too but I can't say who it is on here. It's not Pep or Jose though so no point in mentioning them again. When the new guy is appointed I'll come on here and tell you all that it was him all along............................or her if it's Shelley Kerr..................but I don't think it is.

AlphonseCapone

I've never been ITK in my life, but if I was and I decided to post it on a football forum, I'd absolutely expect about a third of folk to call me out and think I was talking shite, a third to be eating out my hand and the last third to be highly sceptical but polite.

So, why do so many get affronted and say they'll stop posting once the inevitable responses roll in? 

3 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

One last thing.

Going by your track record on here of posting transfer scoops you wouldn't know if he was known as Daisy.

🤣🤣🤣

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, JWL said:

I know who the new manager/head coach is too but I can't say who it is on here. It's not Pep or Jose though so no point in mentioning them again. When the new guy is appointed I'll come on here and tell you all that it was him all along............................or her if it's Shelley Kerr..................but I don't think it is.

Give me 100/1?

4 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

I've never said there is a chance I was wrong?

Maybe the administration should just delete this thread.Ive came on to tell the truth of what is happening.If one of the admin want my number I'll speak to them and confirm how I know what I know.

I won't comment anymore.No point.

Just TELL US THE NAME. I humbly implore you. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

its got to be Dick

That's your answer to everything..... 

Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

One last thing.

👏 

Boyces beard
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's your answer to everything..... 

as in whats that hanging out your mouth? 😁

Edited by jambo3tevie

Kirky Jambo
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've never been ITK in my life, but if I was and I decided to post it on a football forum, I'd absolutely expect about a third of folk to call me out and think I was talking shite, a third to be eating out my hand and the last third to be highly sceptical but polite.

So, why do so many get affronted and say they'll stop posting once the inevitable responses roll in? 

Absolutely.

Particularly given, on a number of occasions over the past year, a number of ITK posters have got things spectacularly wrong.

In this case, sincerely hope the OP is proved correct.

Horatio Caine

Look, I don't know Hendolad from Adam.  So I've no idea if he's ITK or not.  However, he's put his neck on a well used chopping block here so, instead of giving him pelters, or trying to extract more info from him, why not just say, that's interesting - we'll see in due course if he's right?  If he is, great; if it's b*****ks, then the chopping block comes out again.  Too many people on here spoiling for an argument.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If Derek ****ing McInnes becomes manager of Heart of Midlothian, you can forget any notion of us ever getting any points in Glasgow for the entire duration of his time in charge.

Mediocre at best.  We can also look forward to players like Sam Cosgrove being the star of the show.  Superb. 

Aberdeen have been considerably better than us for the whole time he was in charge. Granted his recruitment in the last few years of his tenure was poor, but on the whole he did a very good job at Aberdeen. Would be fine with his appointment.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Any criticism I've made of Neilson has been in relation to his managerial failures and the bollocks he has havered.

So it was personal because we are all allowed to speak our minds. 

16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Name a manager who regularly takes points away from Glasgow

Edited by jambopilms

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Aberdeen have been considerably better than us for the whole time he was in charge. Granted his recruitment in the last few years of his tenure was poor, but on the whole he did a very good job at Aberdeen. Would be fine with his appointment.

I worry his best years are behind him and his last year at Aberdeen was the best he’ll achieve in the remainder of his career. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Give me 100/1?

On Shelley Kerr? With this board I reckon you could knock a zero off that.

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

If this was true that Robbie has a gentleman’s agreement to stand down at the end of the season. Who is signing Shay Logan? Is a departing manager still got a hand in our transfer activity?

Maybe our sporting director is allowed to award one month contracts?  Stranger things have happened. 

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

47 goals in 103 games

Sold for £2m

:sadrobbo:

If true, has to be a manager currently unattached.

Out the obvious I guess Alex Neil.

Please please don't let it be Derek McInnes. The thought of McInnes is thoroughly depressing. More boring football and forever mediocrity.

Edited by Alan_R

55 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

From those two I think I would prefer Big Dunc but doubt he would ever leave Everton.

If nothing else he would be the shit out the lazy gits that we have that call themselves football players.

Why would anyone leave a £20k+ pw job to come to us on max of £5/6k pw? 

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really would like Ferguson. That McInnes rumour has been lingering long enough for me to think its probably him though.

That’s the word 

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mcinnes dropped him, despite many Aberdeen fans disagreeing with it. 

If Mcinnes is appointed, there will be a Mcinnes oot thread after our first few bad results or if hibs beat us. 

Only because they changed to three at the back and he didn’t think Logan had the legs these days to play wing back. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, GinRummy said:

I worry his best years are behind him and his last year at Aberdeen was the best he’ll achieve in the remainder of his career. 

Maybe but I think you could say that about any manager who has achieved anything. He showed over his tenure at Aberdeen that he was willing to change his approach depending on the personnel he had available. I think the quality of players at his disposal just wasn't there in the last couple seasons. And they still managed top 4 finishes in those years. Give him a fresh start with a talented but confidence-drained squad in need of a kick up the arse, I think he could work well.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Name a manager who regularly takes points away from Glasgow

Whilst that is very true, it's the nature of the way he sets his team up to play them that is a bit lacklustre.  It's similar to Robbie's tactics of "just don't get beat".

I'd much rather have someone in charge who hasn't been brought up with the "Fear the Old Firm at all costs" mentality.  I would much rather watch a Hearts team go through there and give it a damn ****ing good go, and lose 3-0, rather than get the same scoreline playing negatively and trying not to lose.

lost in space
13 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

One last thing.

Hendo - if your scoop turns out to be wrong - that last comment got a laugh!

Daza- come on, you can't let that go.......

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

47 goals in 103 games

Sold for £2m

:sadrobbo:

How many of them were penalties with his "falling over at the slightest bit of contact in the box" strategy?

He did it twice in the League Cup game (where we fortunately went on to beat them on pens).  Complete and utter cheat.

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Announcing our new manager: Bobby Nelson! 

It's Rab to his friends.  

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Maybe but I think you could say that about any manager who has achieved anything. He showed over his tenure at Aberdeen that he was willing to change his approach depending on the personnel he had available. I think the quality of players at his disposal just wasn't there in the last couple seasons. And they still managed top 4 finishes in those years. Give him a fresh start with a talented but confidence-drained squad in need of a kick up the arse, I think he could work well.

Hope you’re right and yes you could say that about practically any manager. Time will tell but if it’s not Rob it looks like it will be McInnes. 

lost in space
11 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

as in whats that hanging out your mouth? 😁

😄naughty  but funny.

15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Is that not the standard response to every post on this forum? 

If I were AB, I’d be providing a wee hint of who any potential incumbent may be to gauge the feeling of the support, especially where future FoH subs & ST’ are concerned.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My dad was called James. People called him James, Jim and Jimbo. He hated being called the latter two but you can’t stop people calling you what they call you.

#justsaying

14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Look, I don't know Hendolad from Adam.  So I've no idea if he's ITK or not.  However, he's put his neck on a well used chopping block here so, instead of giving him pelters, or trying to extract more info from him, why not just say, that's interesting - we'll see in due course if he's right?  If he is, great; if it's b*****ks, then the chopping block comes out again.  Too many people on here spoiling for an argument.

Because it's too easy to say the current manager won't be in charge next season.

I could say that with a fair degree of confidence - doesn't make me ITK.

ITK (to me) means saying the proposed name, and then being proved right when it happens

If it is McInnes, can we show a bit of common sense and only offer a 2 year deal? I respect the idea that we need to re-establish ourselves in the top flight and build a team which reflects that, but I also don't want to descend back into a team of unsellable 28 year olds because the manager is too chicken shit to use the multimillion pound academy. 

Tbh, I think the club should be saying a certain % of the squad must be academy grads. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He is only 50. Best years likely still to come if he finds the right club. Not sure if we are it but his track record in Scotland is better than anyone else we will attract. 

David Black

I heard it was down to 2 candidates, Daniel Sergio and Paolo Stendel.

4 minutes ago, sac said:

If I were AB, I’d be providing a wee hint of who any potential incumbent may be to gauge the feeling of the support, especially where future FoH subs & ST’ are concerned.

That happened with Stendel and that ended up well. 

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic