New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also...Lead Recruitment Analyst job up on Facebook......make sure your CV is up-to-date as I reckon they'll take anyone.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Any criticism I've made of Neilson has been in relation to his managerial failures and the bollocks he has havered.

I don’t know about a new manager having been identified already but I’m 100% on Neilson leaving.

There is simply nowhere else for the club to go.

Tommy Brown
6 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

He is the only Hearts player that I have a conversation with in the last 20 years.

We had been beaten by the vermin at ER the day before, the season when we split the OF.

We walked from the car park at Riccarton to the sports facility chatting all the way.

It's pained me to see this, unfortunately it just has not worked out.

Good luck in the future Robbie.

SomethingAboutObua

Hope so but I'll have to see it to believe it that Neilson would be let go by Budge

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

If this was true that Robbie has a gentleman’s agreement to stand down at the end of the season. Who is signing Shay Logan? Is a departing manager still got a hand in our transfer activity?

I really like Robbie, when he was reappointed I was over the moon and thought it was a good chance for him to prove himself to the fans. However, I think it would be wise for him to leave by mutual consent come the end of the season. The team needs a manager that will give them a kick up the **** and Robbie isn’t that guy. He would be much better suited to coaching. 

Alex Neill or Duncan Ferguson would be my choices

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

If this was true that Robbie has a gentleman’s agreement to stand down at the end of the season. Who is signing Shay Logan? Is a departing manager still got a hand in our transfer activity?

TBF Logan is a loan to see us out till the end of the season, not permanent as yet

davemclaren

He’s only signed until season end. 

Could be  mciness and took shay as he was his player at sheepland

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

TBF Logan is a loan to see us out till the end of the season, not permanent as yet

Ah, I thought there was an agreement to take him permanently at the end of the season. 

Maybe Derek😍

Seriously though, we had no cover for Smith with Brandon being out. Our Central Defence is poor and he wanted to move Smith there so that makes sense  so he needed a right back.

Logan was available on loan until the end of the season. There is no guarantee that he will be offered a deal especially if a New Manager is appointed. 

Ah, I thought there was an agreement to take him permanently at the end of the season. 

Was reported in the press that might be the case. Whether it was just idle speculation or not I have no idea. 

3 minutes ago, Grf00004 said:

I really like Robbie, when he was reappointed I was over the moon and thought it was a good chance for him to prove himself to the fans. However, I think it would be wise for him to leave by mutual consent come the end of the season. The team needs a manager that will give them a kick up the **** and Robbie isn’t that guy. He would be much better suited to coaching. 

From those two I think I would prefer Big Dunc but doubt he would ever leave Everton.

If nothing else he would be the shit out the lazy gits that we have that call themselves football players.

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I thought it was too the way it was reported but fortunately not permanent (yet). He has said he is keen on staying at Hearts and earning a new deal though.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Could be  mciness and took shay as he was his player at sheepland

Mcinnes dropped him, despite many Aberdeen fans disagreeing with it. 

If Mcinnes is appointed, there will be a Mcinnes oot thread after our first few bad results or if hibs beat us. 

5 minutes ago, Grf00004 said:

The only comment I'll make regarding the new manager is it is not Duncan Ferguson, that's ridiculous chat whoever is saying that 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Mcinnes dropped him, despite many Aberdeen fans disagreeing with it. 

If Mcinnes is appointed, there will be a Mcinnes oot thread after our first few bad results or if hibs beat us. 

Not very relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

The only comment I'll make regarding the new manager is it is not Duncan Ferguson, that's ridiculous chat whoever is saying that 

So you know who it is ?

The Real Maroonblood

So many false dawns with Hearts.

I hope it's true that Neilson is gone.

So do you know who it is?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Not very relevant. 

It Was to the post I replied to.. 

👍

lost in space

Do you know the name of new manager? I am not asking for it - just if you know who it is.

If you don't know, how do you know it is not Ferguson?

You did not mention this in your OP. Why?

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Do you know the name of new manager? I am not asking for it - just if you know who it is.

If you don't know, how do you know it is not Ferguson?

You did not mention this in your OP. Why?

Yes I know.I didn't mention because I didn't know Duncan was being mentioned.

@Hendoladthere’s obviously going to be a wee bit suspicion at an ITK post like this. That’s understandable I’m sure you’ll agree. May I ask if you only knew Robbie personally from late February this year, as before that you called him Robbie like the rest of us? Just curious. 

Auldbenches
14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If this is true, I don’t understand why the club wouldn’t announce it? 

Probably just waiting to cross the line to do it as respectfully as we possibly can.

Hope it isn't McInnes.  

Just interview candidates for the job. 

Auld Reekin'
39 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Also...Lead Recruitment Analyst job up on Facebook......make sure your CV is up-to-date as I reckon they'll take anyone.

Or at least until the Lead Recruitment Analyst is appointed anyway...   :whistling:

lost in space
12 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Yes I know.I didn't mention because I didn't know Duncan was being mentioned.

So the poster who mentioned Duncan asked if it was Nell or Ferguson.  You have now said it is not Ferguson. But you dint deny Neill.

This may all be made up by you - but if not it has to be Neill.

Really would like Ferguson. That McInnes rumour has been lingering long enough for me to think its probably him though.

kingantti1874

I really hope it’s true, and I really hope hearts announce this to remove the poison.

It is unbearable because he really doesn’t deserve it. But the poison is as a result of poor decisions. We held onto Levein to the point where we now “hate” a hearts legend, and Robbie I don’t think could be classified as a legend but he’s been a good servant.

FFS Just make good decisions at the right time and this won’t be an issue.  

Auld Reekin'
29 minutes ago, Grf00004 said:

:mw_rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

IS THAT YOU ANN?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
33 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The same guy who signed him for aberdeen 👀

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Hendoladthere’s obviously going to be a wee bit suspicion at an ITK post like this. That’s understandable I’m sure you’ll agree. May I ask if you only knew Robbie personally from late February this year, as before that you called him Robbie like the rest of us? Just curious. 

Just habit.Nothing more than that.I call him Rob but guess I've called him both on here.Quite a few people call him Rob or Bob actually.

To the poster above saying it's Neil, I'm not falling into that trap.I mentioned Ferguson as it's a name I've never heard before.

Look if I'm wrong then we will soon find out.For our current manager to be in charge for the first game next season I'll give you odds of 100/1.Not a chance.

36 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Derek McInnes 

Just habit.Nothing more than that.I call him Rob but guess I've called him both on here.Quite a few people call him Rob or Bob actually.

To the poster above saying it's Neil, I'm not falling into that trap.I mentioned Ferguson as it's a name I've never heard before.

Look if I'm wrong then we will soon find out.For our current manager to be in charge for the first game next season I'll give you odds of 100/1.Not a chance.

No probs bud. 👍 hope your right and Rob Bob is away soon. 

AlphonseCapone

I mean, state that Robbie definitely won't be manager next season to seem in the ITK (chances of success by luck - evens). It's worth a punt but even if it ends up being the case, anyone could claim something like that 

Name the new manager now and get that right, well, that would be certainly be worthy of ITK type status. 

Look if I'm wrong then we will soon find out.For our current manager to be in charge for the first game next season I'll give you odds of 100/1.Not a chance.

Doest sound right to me....chance I’m wrong,but 100/1??

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic