NEW TEAM/SIGNINGS FOR NEXT SEASON. REALISTIC ONES THOUGH

daavojaay

sauchiejambo

An older player in the twilight of his career, who has been a "model pro" and is a great influence about the club...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• jbee647

• sauchiejambo

• Stu_HMFC

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not heard him do anything of note in the last ten years anyway. 

scored today

Anyone younger than 30 years old would be a good start. 

We have become a home for geriatric has-beens looking for a last pay day. 

lost in space

I am watching hobos stuff QoS. Hobo players are all about 2 inches on average bigger than our guys.

They are fitter than our guys. 

They are stronger than our guys.

I know we beat the In the cup but guys like McEneff etc are going g to be brushed aside by Gogic/Jackson Irving.

We need to get some physical strength or Dons, St Midden, hobos will run over the top of us.

I don't care if we go route one- we need to compete.

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Realistic

Allan Campbell, Declan Gallagher - Motherwell 

Ali McCann and Jason Kerr - StJohnstone, 

Pittman and Sibbald at Livingston

McPherson at St Mirren I’d also take Regan Hendry and Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers

Every single one has energy drive and decent pace, exactly what we have lacked for years.

Might cost us money in fees, but I’m afraid that’s where we are, bosmans gambles and experiments have failed, we are now at a point where we need to speculate to accumulate, going down the same signing policy will get us nowhere, as we have seen for the last 7 years, if we are not prepared to go down that road, then we cannot expect things to improve 

Time to “spend money “on better players 

Enter Mr j Anderson, & any more of mrs budges benefactor friends 💸💷💶💸💸💸💷💷💶💶💶💲......

Presuming it’s not under the current regime 

Declan Gallagher to play alongside John Souttar, I think this is realistic considering age and what we would pay him.

Allan Campbell to shore up the midfield (about 2% confident we could secure his services) 

Murray Wallace - purely to stop an end to years of speculation, he doesn’t even seem to be a good player. 

and I’ll throw Jordan Jones name in the hat however he has English league 1 continued written all over him. 

we need a 3rd striker. That Craig Wighton at Dunfermline looks like he has ability....

6 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Realistic

Allan Campbell, Declan Gallagher - Motherwell 

Ali McCann and Jason Kerr - StJohnstone, 

Pittman and Sibbald at Livingston

McPherson at St Mirren I’d also take Regan Hendry and Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers

Every single one has energy drive and decent pace, exactly what we have lacked for years.

Might cost us money in fees, but I’m afraid that’s where we are, bosmans gambles and experiments have failed, we are now at a point where we need to speculate to accumulate, going down the same signing policy will get us nowhere, as we have seen for the last 7 years, if we are not prepared to go down that road, then we cannot expect things to improve 

Time to “spend money “on better players 

Some of these sound like solid Derek McInnes recommended signings to me.... if only. 

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Enter Mr j Anderson, & any more of mrs budges benefactor friends 💸💷💶💸💸💸💷💷💶💶💶💲......

Is where we probably realistically need to look, we are in such a mess, major surgery and serious investment is required... or we are going straight back down

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

I hear what you are saying, but without serious investment we are going nowhere.

bosmans, gambles projects and experiments have failed, unless we sign proven talents we will struggle, we need to buy the best from our competitors, we have fallen so far behind and our youth academy has no products knocking on the door.

If we can’t afford to or choose not to, we will struggle next season to stay up, and no chance of even making top six

Not disagreeing, simply stating the challenge is how?

Our structure is designed for Status Quo!

GK Ryan Fulton

RB Danny McNamara 

LB Scott Tanser 

CB Jimmy Dunne & Sonny Bradley

CM Allan Campbell & Alex Mowatt 

WG/AM Josh Ginnelly, Jorge Grant & Hakeeb Adelakun 

CF Louis Moult, Devante Cole

16 hours ago, sauchiejambo said:

Some dumpling nobody has heard of but is apparently sgit hot, but turns out to be mediocre at best, and then get a long term injury.....

This is our signing policy. 100%. 

The problem is the coaching. 

We can sign whoever but it'll make no difference with these coaches. 

It has already been said.

I mean, if we hadn't already had a chance to coach them and we were going to take a punt on guys then theres a lad who looks good down at Gillingham, and a striker at Dunfermline who looks like he has an eye for goal. Also theres a fairly attack minded midfielder who looks like he can play up top aswell at Motherwell, that we still pay.

21 hours ago, Tazio said:

The thing is though it’s not just a case of picking a player who’s doing well in another team. Halkett was Livi’s player of the year before we signed him and was being lauded for his performances. 

Yeah, we can suggest players all day long but as you say Halkett was Livi's POTY but that was playing in what was effectively a back 5, we sometimes play 3 CH's but when we do it's with wingbacks starting at the half way line, at Livi his full backs were there to cover him.

We need to have a preferred formation first and then sign players to fit that not the other way round where we adjust formation to squeeze players in. Mcaneff is another example, played every game last season in a central midfield two in a 4231 formation and barely in the door and he's been moved to the right of a midfield diamond.

For me we need to lower the age profile. Signing average guys at 29 on 3 year deals is something we need to avoid. We need legs and players who are hungry to improve. Maybe guys who haven't had a chance in the top league. My major concern is if we got say another Lyndon Dykes type would our current coaching staff have to ability to harness potential and improve that player. I seriously doubt it and that is a big problem for me

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

GK Ryan Fulton

RB Danny McNamara 

LB Scott Tanser 

👏

I think we should be aiming to shed about 18 players this summer window. Obvious ones: Berra, White, Wighton, Frear, Lee, Bobby, Doyle. Loanees, Stewart, Logan, Kastaneer, Ginnelly. Irving is blatantly running his contract down. I wouldn't stand in the way of Brandon, Moore, Henderson, Damour Halliday, Halkett, Popescu or Naismith. 

That leaves us with a squad of: Gordon, Smith, Souttar, Haring, Walker Gnando, Boyce, GMS, McEneff, Kingsley, McGill & Roberts

First thing, youngsters: Stone, Logan, Cochrane, Hamilton, Smith all into the first team. 

Signings:

GK - Stone in as number 2, find a 3rd choice keeper. It doesn't matter who, its third choice. Cheap and cheerful. 

RB - No need. Promote Logan into first team to back up Smith

CB - right sided, Gallagher is the obvious choice, Jason Kerr would be good if we could afford to buy him, alternatively Euan Murray at Dunfermline is free and by all accounts highly rated.

CB - left sided, Jimmy Dunne or Murray Wallace, could try and loan Liam Lindsay but doubtful. 

LB - Lee Wallace or Josh Edwards (Dunfermline) (both out of contract - Kingsley still easily first choice)

CMs - Allan Campbell would be my first choice, obviously ambitious. Regan Hendry would be good from Raith, Liam Kelly from Coventry - has captained numerous clubs and is a leader. Reegan Mimnaugh from Accies is promising and available for a development fee. Liam Polworth may also be worth looking at, although is older than Campbell, Hendry or Mimnaugh. We do have a couple of youth CMs ready to step up - Connor Smith, Harry Cochrane.

Wingers - I'd sign Ginnelly (free), see if we could do anything to get Sam Nicholson back

Strikers - Would take Lafferty and Connor Shields

So, Ideally. 

Gallagher, Dunne, Edwards, Campbell, Hendry, Kelly, Ginnelly, Lafferty & Shields.

I don't think Halliday, Halkett, Popescu or Naismith are going anywhere, plus you have the various youngsters all in the first team

Thats a 26 man squad. (27 if Damour is still lingering about). 

Spoiler

GK: Gordon, Stone, (someone cheap, 3rd choice goalkeeper)

RB: Smith, Logan

RCB: Souttar, Gallagher, Halkett

LCB: Dunne, Popescu

LB: Kingsley, Edwards

CM: Campbell, Haring, Kelly, Hendry, Halliday, Walker, Cochrane, Smith, Damour

Wingers: Mackay-Stevens, Ginelly, Roberts

Strikers: Boyce, Lafferty, Gnando, Shields

Signings bolded. Would like to get that down a wee bit more to like 23. Cochrane has maybe got an uphill battle, Gnando I'm not sure I'd be too fussed if we lost, especially replacing with Laff & Shields. Halliday could potentially be shoehorned into a back up left back meaning we could avoid signing one altogether. 

I have hope that we will get to see the real influence of Savage with the summers signings. 

Free that catch my eye:

Dominic Hyam - CB (Coventry) 

Murray Wallace - CB (Millwall) 

Jimmy Dunne - CB (Burnley) 

Liam Polworth - CM (Motherwell) 

Sulley KaiKai - LM (Blackpool) 

Marcus Maddison - CAM (Charlton) 

Christian Penilla - Winger (New England Revolution) 

Josh Ginelly - Winger (Preston) 

Joel Mumbongo - Striker (Burnley) 

Mostly British based players will be the main this summer. Partly due still to the virus, but also as they should be able to hit the ground running in theory

Some young blood in this team would be key as well I think

3 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I have hope that we will get to see the real influence of Savage with the summers signings. 

Free that catch my eye:

Dominic Hyam - CB (Coventry) 

Murray Wallace - CB (Millwall) 

Jimmy Dunne - CB (Burnley) 

Liam Polworth - CM (Motherwell) 

Sulley KaiKai - LM (Blackpool) 

Marcus Maddison - CAM (Charlton) 

Christian Penilla - Winger (New England Revolution) 

Josh Ginelly - Winger (Preston) 

Joel Mumbongo - Striker (Burnley) 

Mostly British based players will be the main this summer. Partly due still to the virus, but also as they should be able to hit the ground running in theory

Some young blood in this team would be key as well I think

This never happens at Hearts. Players turn up not fit enough to play are put on a training program to get them fit and then they get injured.

Robbie says it is just a niggle and will be out for a couple of weeks which in reality turns into months.

I'd think about signing Lafferty on a one year deal. Even as a squad guy coming off the bench would add value. 

Famous 1874

Jimmy Dunne 

Hakeem Odoffin

Alex Mowatt 

Alan Campbell 

Josh Ginnelly 

Louis Moult

Other names include - Jason Kerr, Danny Macnamara, Ali McCann & Sam Nicholson

Gordon

Smith Souttar Dunne Kingsley

Odoffin

Campbell Mowatt 

Ginnelly Boyce GMS/other winger 

I’m sure we are all in agreement that all new signings must be fit, all proven quality, no  gambles experiments or projects.

they need to have strong personality and dynamic on the field.

Jambo in Bathgate
On 06/04/2021 at 18:25, OTT said:

I think we should be aiming to shed about 18 players this summer window. Obvious ones: Berra, White, Wighton, Frear, Lee, Bobby, Doyle. Loanees, Stewart, Logan, Kastaneer, Ginnelly. Irving is blatantly running his contract down. I wouldn't stand in the way of Brandon, Moore, Henderson, Damour Halliday, Halkett, Popescu or Naismith. 

That leaves us with a squad of: Gordon, Smith, Souttar, Haring, Walker Gnando, Boyce, GMS, McEneff, Kingsley, McGill & Roberts

First thing, youngsters: Stone, Logan, Cochrane, Hamilton, Smith all into the first team. 

Signings:

GK - Stone in as number 2, find a 3rd choice keeper. It doesn't matter who, its third choice. Cheap and cheerful. 

RB - No need. Promote Logan into first team to back up Smith

CB - right sided, Gallagher is the obvious choice, Jason Kerr would be good if we could afford to buy him, alternatively Euan Murray at Dunfermline is free and by all accounts highly rated.

CB - left sided, Jimmy Dunne or Murray Wallace, could try and loan Liam Lindsay but doubtful. 

LB - Lee Wallace or Josh Edwards (Dunfermline) (both out of contract - Kingsley still easily first choice)

CMs - Allan Campbell would be my first choice, obviously ambitious. Regan Hendry would be good from Raith, Liam Kelly from Coventry - has captained numerous clubs and is a leader. Reegan Mimnaugh from Accies is promising and available for a development fee. Liam Polworth may also be worth looking at, although is older than Campbell, Hendry or Mimnaugh. We do have a couple of youth CMs ready to step up - Connor Smith, Harry Cochrane.

Wingers - I'd sign Ginnelly (free), see if we could do anything to get Sam Nicholson back

Strikers - Would take Lafferty and Connor Shields

So, Ideally. 

Gallagher, Dunne, Edwards, Campbell, Hendry, Kelly, Ginnelly, Lafferty & Shields.

I don't think Halliday, Halkett, Popescu or Naismith are going anywhere, plus you have the various youngsters all in the first team

Thats a 26 man squad. (27 if Damour is still lingering about). 

Reveal hidden contents

GK: Gordon, Stone, (someone cheap, 3rd choice goalkeeper)

RB: Smith, Logan

RCB: Souttar, Gallagher, Halkett

LCB: Dunne, Popescu

LB: Kingsley, Edwards

CM: Campbell, Haring, Kelly, Hendry, Halliday, Walker, Cochrane, Smith, Damour

Wingers: Mackay-Stevens, Ginelly, Roberts

Strikers: Boyce, Lafferty, Gnando, Shields

Signings bolded. Would like to get that down a wee bit more to like 23. Cochrane has maybe got an uphill battle, Gnando I'm not sure I'd be too fussed if we lost, especially replacing with Laff & Shields. Halliday could potentially be shoehorned into a back up left back meaning we could avoid signing one altogether. 

Until we get rid of those players on High basic low bonus we will not be able to have a team that performs. You know how much is coming in each month why bother pushing yourself. Players can sit and run their water tight contracts out. In any other walk of life it’s the sack for not performing. I include our youngsters and this may be a reason why Irving isn’t signing a new contract because he will be on a lower basic now but rest of money made up in win bonuses. 

Edited by Jambo in Bathgate
Add comment

On 05/04/2021 at 19:28, Tazio said:

That comes down to whether he is willing to take a pay cut in the hope of furthering his playing career. And I don’t have any facts about his wage but I’d expect as a first team squad member he’s on a lot more then he would make at Hearts. 

Hurray! Jimmy gets a mention yet again. Bit like folk suggesting duncan ferguson would take a massive pay cut to come and join hearts lol.

Before recruiting players we need a manager that excites first. A manager with a level headed vision of how a team plays. We need to ditch this slow ponderous ball across the back four/three. 

May one-six
19 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Hurray! Jimmy gets a mention yet again. Bit like folk suggesting duncan ferguson would take a massive pay cut to come and join hearts lol.

It's nuts. If I'm not mistaken Jimmy Dunne was named among the subs for Burnley in their last game, yet people imagine he's going to end up here on a salary that equates to poverty wages compared to what he's currently on. Obviously the "Realistic ones" condition mentioned in the thread title has been completely overlooked by quite a few people.

gorgieheart

is this the Pluck a name out of thin air thread ?   

seriously some of the names mentioned are like they have just dropped from cloud cuckoo land.

We are coming out of a pandemic, no way are we shelling out transfer fee's or big signing on fee's, Savage now has to earn his crust and bring in some hungry players who want to be here and ship the workshy bunch of wage thieves we have to had to put up with.

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

On 06/04/2021 at 12:21, Cruyff said:

GK Ryan Fulton

RB Danny McNamara 

LB Scott Tanser 

Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers could be a shout looked good for Raith this season ?

1 hour ago, May one-six said:

It's nuts. If I'm not mistaken Jimmy Dunne was named among the subs for Burnley in their last game, yet people imagine he's going to end up here on a salary that equates to poverty wages compared to what he's currently on. Obviously the "Realistic ones" condition mentioned in the thread title has been completely overlooked by quite a few people.

its brilliant isn't it. I'm now starting to get obsessed with people who are obsessed with these suggestions 🤪 

however, on balance, you could point to us signing Berra and Naismith in partic on big wages. how big I don't know, but there were other reasons for them coming here.  

a player at the start of their career on the bench for an EPL team however :)

indianajones

Players that have a position they are good at and actually get played in that position. 

Not messed about and fit into some sort of tinker experiment from a shan manager. 

58 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers could be a shout looked good for Raith this season ?

For Raith in the Championship. We need quality experienced pros. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

For Raith in the Championship. We need quality experienced pros. 

What’s GMS Roberts Ginnelly ? Do they not come under experienced pros ? And look how bad they have been. And what experienced pro wants to come and play with the crap we employ anyway 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What’s GMS Roberts Ginnelly ? Do they not come under experienced pros ? And look how bad they have been. And what experienced pro wants to come and play with the crap we employ anyway 

They've all played at a higher level than some wee boy from Rangers and will no doubt come good when a better manager is employed. 

GMS, a wonderful player over the last decade is all of a sudden dugshit when he comes to Hearts? Doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We should try and get The Thumb 

Aberdeen or Hibs are the only realistic possible clubs for him.

Hibs will punt a couple of players, get Griffiths in and probably be better off. Incredibly he’s scored as many goals as Nisbet has in the last 4 months.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, DH1986 said:

Aberdeen or Hibs are the only realistic possible clubs for him.

Hibs will punt a couple of players, get Griffiths in and probably be better off. Incredibly he’s scored as many goals as Nisbet has in the last 4 months.

Nahhhh he’s got a soft spot for the Hearts. Bring him home! 

• 2 weeks later...
Archie White

I have absolutely zero confidence in our recruitment department and really do dread the thought of these chumps being involved in bringing in yet another batch of dreary journeymen.

On 08/04/2021 at 15:52, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We should try and get The Thumb 

Do a MoJo? Hopefully he goes to a generic English championship outfit and not Hibs. 

john thomas
8 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Jamie McGrath at st mirren and nicky devlin at livi are on the radar of Joe savage by all accounts.

What accounts are these then ?