NEW TEAM/SIGNINGS FOR NEXT SEASON. REALISTIC ONES THOUGH

daavojaay

What players should we sign from scotland for next season, Hopefully the club might read this and take some advice,highly doubtful but were probably alot better at recruitment than they are.We need a new spine of the team as we dont even have that.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• jbee647

• sauchiejambo

• Stu_HMFC

kingantti1874

It won’t matter what players we sign. We literally coach the ability and the enthusiasm out of them. See Jordan Roberts.

no one decent will want to come near us anyway given the inevitability of the poison and the managers eventual exit 

hahaha,aw well.Maybe after robbie is sacked then,maybe shouldve started thread saying what shite do we think we will recruit for next season

Салатные палочки

I would like us to make a serious push for solid SPFL players. I would rather we signed one good standard SPFL player then five unknowns who go on to be utter shite. 

Alan Campbell and Declan Gallagher are two off the top of my head. I have no idea if they have signed pre-contracts elsewhere but I think it's the type of players we should be trying to sign. 

Like JJ's days, picking up players like McCann, Cameron, Weir, Hamilton. The best of the rest. They should be affordable to us. 

Unless we act quickly and recruit a new manager it’s highly unlikely we’ll be attract players of a reasonable quality without paying over the odds to get them here.

Its clear that this club is not a happy place to be right now and it’s bound to put players off. If Hibs, Aberdeen and ourselves are all in for the same players......we won’t be top of the list for a player. We are probably a couple of seasons away from being as attractive an option. 

Really sad how far we’ve been dragged down.

Dagger Is Back
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It won’t matter what players we sign. We literally coach the ability and the enthusiasm out of them. See Jordan Roberts.

no one decent will want to come near us anyway given the inevitability of the poison and the managers eventual exit 

13 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

This thread is pointless until the manager leaves.

In a nutshell for me. I sometimes wonder how Robbie is viewed within the professional football world. What do other Coaches think about him? The football world up here isn't a big one so there must be some chatter?

What about players?

Do you sign for a guy who only weeks after signing you ships you on out loan or doesn't even name you in his squad? What about signing for a Manager who signs you because of what you've shown in your career but then asks you to play a different kind of game? Do you sign for a Manager who talks about the importance of not losing the first goal? Or maybe you'd like to sign for a Manager who later tells you you're no longer wanted and then forces you to train with the kids? Do you sign for a Manager who publicly says we're aiming to play x way, and then does the complete opposite?

The only players we're going to attract with that kind of approach is players who don't give a shiny one and who are only interested in picking up a wedge for hee haw - ops we're already there.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

This is a depressing situation we are in it really is when the fans cant even think of a player who would sign for us due to all the negative bullshit thats going on, so so depressing

should get in touch with rudiand see if hes up for a charity boxing match with robbie..winner gets manager spot

SomethingAboutObua

Don't know how much money we'll have. There the centre backs from Raith leaving we should look at. I think really the club should be looking only at under 23 players playing in Scotland first from the likes of the Saint teams, Hamilton, Motherwell, people we can outspend but without needing to offer them far too much or 4 year deals.

SomethingAboutObua
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need to buy the best two centre backs we can afford.  Work the rest out later.  

Pretty much, found it so frustrating in January how much people were wanting new wingers and strikers when our centre backs have been awful for so long.

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Pretty much, found it so frustrating in January how much people were wanting new wingers and strikers when our centre backs have been awful for so long.

we have souttar to come back properly. would like to see declan gallagher and souttar together would be good pairiing, need rb for cover and a lb aswell. 2 centre mids an attacking midfielder or playmaker and a striker, a good backup goalkeeper aswell.

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

we have souttar to come back properly. would like to see declan gallagher and souttar together would be good pairiing, need rb for cover and a lb aswell. 2 centre mids an attacking midfielder or playmaker and a striker, a good backup goalkeeper aswell.Really need decent creative players and a finisher or wingers that can go past a man all depends on how ware going to play and whos in charge

Bazzas right boot

Hearts should recruit for this new position, just have someone check Fred's like this. 

Easy peasy. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts should recruit for this new position, just have someone check Fred's like this. 

Easy peasy. 

exactly lol

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I might’ve been part of that but more midfielders and wingers. I felt we could hold of till summer on the defence but when the manager just plays attack minded players deeper and deeper to try and compensate for our pish defence, it has the opposite effect and actually seems to put the defence under more pressure. Modern teams press, effectively defending high up the pitch. We just limit our attacking options by sitting too deep. Totally ineffective. 

Leveins Battalion

After watching our last 3 managers rating Euan Henderson I have decided I know nothing about football,he wouldn't get a game on a Wednesday at my 7 a side game.🤣🤣🤣

Jamboscanbevicius

Would definitely pitch for:

Alan Campbell

Liam Polworth

Declan Gallagher

Stephen O’Donnell

Greg Kiltie

Barry Bannan

Jordan Rhodes

Liam Kelly

Clark Robertson 

Murray Wallace

A central defence of Declan Gallagher and Murray Wallace would be a massive improvement!

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Would definitely pitch for:

Alan Campbell

Liam Polworth

Declan Gallagher

Stephen O’Donnell

Greg Kiltie

Barry Bannan

Jordan Rhodes

Liam Kelly

Clark Robertson 

Murray Wallace

A central defence of Declan Gallagher and Murray Wallace would be a massive improvement!

I don't believe that there's any player on that list that, in normal circumstances, wouldn't be attracted to Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I don't believe that there's any player on that list that, in normal circumstances, wouldn't be attracted to Hearts. 

jhordan rhodes will be on bout 25k a week doubtful

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would look abroad and for the manager. 

Players with work ethic and lifestyle choices that make them better professionals along with technical ability. 

However we will be fighting out with 3 or 4 others for the same pool of charlatans 

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

jhordan rhodes will be on bout 25k a week doubtful

Not heard him do anything of note in the last ten years anyway. 

Realistic

Allan Campbell, Declan Gallagher - Motherwell 

Ali McCann and Jason Kerr - StJohnstone, 

Pittman and Sibbald at Livingston

McPherson at St Mirren I’d also take Regan Hendry and Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers

Every single one has energy drive and decent pace, exactly what we have lacked for years.

Might cost us money in fees, but I’m afraid that’s where we are, bosmans gambles and experiments have failed, we are now at a point where we need to speculate to accumulate, going down the same signing policy will get us nowhere, as we have seen for the last 7 years, if we are not prepared to go down that road, then we cannot expect things to improve 

Time to “spend money “on better players 

Byyy The Light
29 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

What is the story with Declan Gallagher? Not playing at Motherwell?  Surely other clubs must be interested.

Him with his baseball bat with big Dunc in the dugout. Naebody would mess 

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Realistic

McPherson at St Mirren I’d also take Regan Hendry and Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers

Every single one has energy drive and decent pace, exactly what we have lacked for years.

Might cost us money in fees, but I’m afraid that’s where we are, bosmans gambles and experiments have failed, we are now at a point where we need to speculate to accumulate, going down the same signing policy will get us nowhere, as we have seen for the last 7 years, if we are not prepared to go down that road, then we cannot expect things to improve 

If Hearts sign Craig Sibbald from Livingston I’ll never go back to Tynecastle! It would be an embarrassing singing and show how far we have fell in the last 10 years if that’s who we realistically going to attract.

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

If Hearts sign Craig Sibbald from Livingston I’ll never go back to Tynecastle! It would be an embarrassing singing and show how far we have fell in the last 10 years if that’s who we realistically going to attract.

Haha OTT - did he pinch your wife ?

just suggestions mate, honestly I don’t have influence who we sign..

Edited by jbee647

24 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Haha OTT - did he pinch your wife ?

just suggestions mate, honestly I don’t have influence who we sign..

Nah not good enough but then again I wouldn’t put it past budge and our scouting system if he was on the shortlist watching YouTube videos of his days at Falkirk will seal the deal 😂

The thing is though it’s not just a case of picking a player who’s doing well in another team. Halkett was Livi’s player of the year before we signed him and was being lauded for his performances. 

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Realistic

Who's money?

FoH can't supply enough!

Budge would want something in return, like keeping her shares!

The banks won't lend to an organisation with no decent credit history and no 'individual' underwriter!

We could bake cakes I suppose!

4 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Switch the ladies team for the mens.........look more butch in the Premiership and still ******s in the SWPL!

Aw.........c'mon that was amusing!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Connor Shields - QOS

Regan Hendry - Raith rovers 

Declan Gallagher - Motherwell 

Who Knows - CityUnited 

Benson and Hedges 

Lambert and Butler 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, andrew said:

We should be making our best possible offer to Jimmy Dunne.

Derek McInnes tried to sign him for Aberdeen!

8 minutes ago, andrew said:

That comes down to whether he is willing to take a pay cut in the hope of furthering his playing career. And I don’t have any facts about his wage but I’d expect as a first team squad member he’s on a lot more then he would make at Hearts. 

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We need to buy the best two centre backs we can afford.  Work the rest out later.  

Is the minimum correct answer.

3 would be asking for a bit much but required.

Good post. Well done GR.

39 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Good post. Well done GR.

Thanks bud 👍

1 hour ago, andrew said:

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Good post. Well done GR.

I definitely think Jason Kerr at St Johnstone should be a serious target

sauchiejambo

Some dumpling nobody has heard of but is apparently sgit hot, but turns out to be mediocre at best, and then get a long term injury.....

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Who's money?

FoH can't supply enough!

Budge would want something in return, like keeping her shares!

The banks won't lend to an organisation with no decent credit history and no 'individual' underwriter!

We could bake cakes I suppose!

I hear what you are saying, but without serious investment we are going nowhere.

bosmans, gambles projects and experiments have failed, unless we sign proven talents we will struggle, we need to buy the best from our competitors, we have fallen so far behind and our youth academy has no products knocking on the door.

If we can’t afford to or choose not to, we will struggle next season to stay up, and no chance of even making top six

Edited by jbee647