Would you ..

80bob

Take winning the league and RN Et al  being in charge next season or another season in the championship if it was the catalyst for change on the managerial/ coaching and recruiting front

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, 80bob said:

Take winning the league and RN Et al  being in charge next season or another season in the championship if it was the catalyst for change on the managerial/ coaching and recruiting front

:cornette:

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:cornette:

I was asked this question today from an opposition fan as they don’t think any change will happen within our club if we win the league 

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Bob is the name.....so the 80 must be the IQ.

A genuine open question to me from an opposition fan . For me personally, get the league done and Robbie has 10 games to secure his job in the new season 

5 minutes ago, 80bob said:

A genuine open question to me from an opposition fan . For me personally, get the league done and Robbie has 10 games to secure his job in the new season 

So see before these 10 games we are giving him, we allow him to pish our money away on pish new players again......sounds like a thought through plan right enough! 😏

Not sure what's more annoying, the idiotic question, or the clickbait title. 

29 minutes ago, 80bob said:

If only we’d had recent experience of giving a failed manager the first round of matches in the new season, we’d be able to take a guess on whether or not your option is advisable.

22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So see before these 10 games we are giving him, we allow him to pish our money away on pish new players again......sounds like a thought through plan right enough! 😏

Yup and fully believe it may happen.

Its madness but so is picking the same team with the same tactics/substitutions etc week in week out and expecting results to improve

Hearts getting promoted has to come first, unfortunately if budge can't see that Neilson hasn't got what it takes to deliver what is expected, then sadly there is not alot we can do. 

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts getting promoted has to come first, unfortunately if budge can't see that Neilson hasn't got what it takes to deliver what is expected, then sadly there is not alot we can do. 

In a nutshell. I do believe she'll dig her heels in and insist he gets a chance in the top flight. Tough times ahead I reckon.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In a nutshell. I do believe she'll dig her heels in and insist he gets a chance in the top flight. Tough times ahead I reckon.

Iam not the most literate or best at putting thoughts into words but that was the point I was trying to get across. I think   AB will feel he deserves a go at the top flight but he will be given certain number of games to prove that regardless of what fans think or want.

1 minute ago, 80bob said:

Iam not the most literate or best at putting thoughts into words but that was the point I was trying to get across. I think   AB will feel he deserves a go at the top flight but he will be given certain number of games to prove that regardless of what fans think or want.

I think you're OP was a good one despite the daft replies. There have been several posters who have said on other threads they would lose a match if it hastened Robbies departure. Folk said the same when they wanted shot of Levein.

I've never really changed my opinion on what AB will do at the end of the season. Despite all the rumours I absolutely believe she'll give him a go next season.

Promotion, with or without Robbie, remains key. If that means we have to suffer him longer then so be it.

Promotion all day long, I can't stand another minute of being in this league.

Ann will never got shot of Neilson either.

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Correct quicker we are out of this tin pot league the better. 

just gotta hope he doesn’t take us straight back down.

44 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I can assure you she will if season ticket sales plummet in the summer, and the way it's looking at the moment, that's a certainty to happen.

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

This. Poor start and you end up fighting to make top 6.

No thanks.

Winthe championship and boot robbie and budge tae **** oot the door.

8 hours ago, 80bob said:

I was asked this question today from an opposition fan as they don’t think any change will happen within our club if we win the league 

"opposition fan"    ?????  What century were you born in  ??

1 hour ago, 80bob said:

Agreed. That’s what she done with Levein. 

Shite way to run a football club when she couldn’t wait to bin a manager,  without telling them first because she hates him (Stendel), but will give her cosy yes men as much time as they need to **** things up. Neilson has us knocked out the league cup and Scottish cup by part time sides and we’re stumbling over the line to win the league.

Yet another big squad revamp in the summer looms. Then Neilson will get a round of fixtures during which we’ll be bottom 6. And that’ll be another season wasted under the self-proclaimed control freak Budge. 

I can’t handle another season in the championship so would rather promoted with Neilson. Even if we have to sack him after the first round of games then we are in a better place than now. 

I think she'll sack him if he doesn't meet the expectations of the board.

Not the supporters, which is the correct way to go about running a football club.

Gordon Ramsay

Promotion 100% but we need to act at the end of the season. 

Obviously the time to act was immediately after Brora but that ship has sailed. 

We cannot allow Robbie a summer to sign 5 or 6 duds. 

We will though, sadly. 

Bazzas right boot

Promotion, this league is utter jobbies. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not the supporters, which is the correct way to go about running a football club.

Pretty much. 

manaliveits105

Promotion but I would go for jkb having a poll after each game as to whether we should change managers and board members and get rid of players - its the future 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's not been sacked as the league has been won since the first game. 

If we don't win the league, he'll be sacked. If we have a cathro esq start to the season he'll be sacked also imo. 

We won't tho 👍

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Promotion but I would go for jkb having a poll after each game as to whether we should change managers and board members and get rid of players - its the future 

If that works, then we could expand it into the, match day. 

Vote for subs etc. 

Real life football manager. 

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If that works, then we could expand it into the, match day. 

Vote for subs etc. 

Real life football manager. 

indeed what could go wrong with all the expertise we have on board

All roads lead to Gorgie

Get back up this season is vital for the health of the club but getting a manager who can motivate a team on a weekly basis is also a huge priority. Neilson does not have the motivational skills that will be required to see us progress beyond just surviving in the Premiership and he has to go at the end of this season.

I expect us to keep crawling towards the championship crown with a point at home on Friday but we need to get up this season!

I've said this before. I want Neilson gone but not at the expense of having to spend an other year in the championship that would absolute madness to want that. Fall across the finish line and if he's here next season so be it. 

sauchiejambo

Imagine the following scenario (However unlikely you may find it): The present management team do their transfer business over the close season and start the new season with a run of positive results, after 8 games we are unbeaten, and top 3 of he table....what then?

Would the majority of supporters be behind them or would the ill feeling from this season still poison the well?

What would the reaction be if at that point the management team was sacked?

avhudtheteeshirt

When we win the league, sacking the manager who won it will be on a par with sacking by Romanov of Burley!!!

Robbie was brought in to win the league, its not been pretty, but it looks like job done!

Each new season is a fresh start, so if he gets resources and better players in I can't see next season being as bad??? 

ford donald
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Withdraw your financial support,thats the only way.

6 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

When we win the league, sacking the manager who won it will be on a par with sacking by Romanov of Burley!!!

Robbie was brought in to win the league, its not been pretty, but it looks like job done!

Each new season is a fresh start, so if he gets resources and better players in I can't see next season being as bad??? 

You know that is nonsense though. We are in a league below Burley's team. That is the very obvious difference.

We ignored the warning signs with Levein and will, I think, ignore the warning signs with Robbie. His target was indeed promotion, his week to week job is getting the best out of his players. He either isn't or is incapable of doing his job.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You know that is nonsense though. We are in a league below Burley's team. That is the very obvious difference.

We ignored the warning signs with Levein and will, I think, ignore the warning signs with Robbie. His target was indeed promotion, his week to week job is getting the best out of his players. He either isn't or is incapable of doing his job.

Does any manager get the best out of his players week to week tho? 

The answer is very few, if any do. 

The performance should be judged over a season. 

Assuming we get promoted it reads 

1st in championship 

Beat hibs in  last years sc. 

Out to alloa in the last 16 of the lc

Out to Brora before the sc even started. 

Is that over a season 100% sackable, imo- no. 

However there are enough extremely poor results to warrant answers and if he was sacked I wouldn't be 100% suprised despite promotion and the efforts in last seasons sc. 

Either way I'll back the manager and team whoever takes us forward. 

11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Spot on Thomaso. The biggest problem with that is Neilson gets in players for the new season and also keeps his dross. His judgement is badly flawed and after 10 games a new manager comes and says i'm going to need 18 months to move a lot of these guys on and get new players in. And of course some of the duds have signed 3 to 4 year contracts and are will just to sit on their arse pocketing the wage, now we have seen this a few times. I'm afraid 80BOB isn't looking at the long term damage Neilson could do by giving him 10 games into the new season.

Bunny Munro

I think Robbie will be here at the start of the season, unless there is a massive decrease in ST sales - and who knows when they'll even be put out.

Obviously by this time Robbie will have been in charge of the signings and built his own team - getting rid of him and bringing in someone else will write off another season. I think as long as we're not bottom 3 after 10 games he'll stay.

Looking at Raiths result against Ross County, I don't expect us to come straight back down (who was the last team to win the championship and be relegated the year after?), I think we'll finish a disappointing lower mid table 7-9th.

Its hard too get too excited sadly.

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Does any manager get the best out of his players week to week tho? 

The answer is very few, if any do. 

The performance should be judged over a season. 

Assuming we get promoted it reads 

1st in championship 

Beat hibs in  last years sc. 

Out to alloa in the last 16 of the lc

Out to Brora before the sc even started. 

Is that over a season 100% sackable, imo- no. 

However there are enough extremely poor results to warrant answers and if he was sacked I wouldn't be 100% suprised despite promotion and the efforts in last seasons sc. 

Either way I'll back the manager and team whoever takes us forward. 

Of course no manager can get the best out of his team every week but the results recently have been beyond the pale.

As far as the main target of promotion is concerned it was a success. I, along with many others, think recent results point to the fact he’s not the manager to take us forward. The warning signs are plain to see. 

how much criticism would you and others who support, or are open to, him stating would you level at Ann Budge if she sacked him?

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

indeed what could go wrong with all the expertise we have on board

We could get beat of a Highland League team in the second round of the cup if we took that approach. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course no manager can get the best out of his team every week but the results recently have been beyond the pale.

As far as the main target of promotion is concerned it was a success. I, along with many others, think recent results point to the fact he’s not the manager to take us forward. The warning signs are plain to see. 

how much criticism would you and others who support, or are open to, him stating would you level at Ann Budge if she sacked him?

I can see merit either way Tbh. 

I can understand why he would be kept on, I can also understand why he'd be sacked. 

So, in terms of criticism - none. I see the reasons why he'd be kept on and the reasons for sacking him. 

Whatever happens I'll get behind the team and management whoever it is. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I can see merit either way Tbh. 

I can understand why he would be kept on, I can also understand why he'd be sacked. 

So, in terms of criticism - none. I see the reasons why he'd be kept on and the reasons for sacking him. 

Whatever happens I'll get behind the team and management whoever it is. 

I’m sure most will if he turns results around.  I just don’t see that as likely but I don’t care who the manager is, all I want is a side that can take its rightful place near the top of the spl.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m sure most will if he turns results around.  I just don’t see that as likely but I don’t care who the manager is, all I want is a side that can take its rightful place near the top of the spl.

Me neither. 

This season, particularly now after the Brora result is horrible. 

Wouldn't matter who manages us now, the atmosphere will be terrible, half the team leaving, little to play for. 

We still need to win a couple of games tho or it won't even be a debate as promotion might not be guaranteed!

Without the Brora result I'd have been more than happy with Neilson, and  I don't like sacking folk of the back of cup results. 

However that defeat was beyond bad. 

Smoked-Glass
56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me neither. 

This season, particularly now after the Brora result is horrible. 

Wouldn't matter who manages us now, the atmosphere will be terrible, half the team leaving, little to play for. 

We still need to win a couple of games tho or it won't even be a debate as promotion might not be guaranteed!

Without the Brora result I'd have been more than happy with Neilson, and  I don't like sacking folk of the back of cup results. 

However that defeat was beyond bad. 

Correct. 

5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Because the board seem to be “impotent” just now those expectations could be nothing more than a cup run and top six next season. Nothing surprises anymore.

7 hours ago, sauchiejambo said:

Imagine the following scenario (However unlikely you may find it): The present management team do their transfer business over the close season and start the new season with a run of positive results, after 8 games we are unbeaten, and top 3 of he table....what then?

Would the majority of supporters be behind them or would the ill feeling from this season still poison the well?

What would the reaction be if at that point the management team was sacked?

Levein became more popular with the fans when he did the same. I do wonder how that season would've gone had he not had a heart attack.

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think you're OP was a good one despite the daft replies. There have been several posters who have said on other threads they would lose a match if it hastened Robbies departure. Folk said the same when they wanted shot of Levein.

I've never really changed my opinion on what AB will do at the end of the season. Despite all the rumours I absolutely believe she'll give him a go next season.

Promotion, with or without Robbie, remains key. If that means we have to suffer him longer then so be it.

Exactly.

sauchiejambo
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't know how many times I have seen supposed shining light of the season until recently Irvine give away possession with poor simple passes under no pressure.

Agreed, another case of a promising youngster being over hyped,to me he gets caught in possession to often and don't start me on the saviour Liam bounce, Holy shit!