Meadows fightclub

Shanks said no

Салатные палочки

Witnessed similar scenes at Ayr beach a few years ago. Hundreds of youngsters fighting, bottles flying everywhere, absolutely no regard for families and young children having a good day in the sun.

The result of too much alcohol and too much drugs. Fair play to the police though who are now at train stations and search them when coming off the trains from Glasgow. Not much you can do with a park in a large city though. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Governor Tarkin

• Cade

• frankblack

• JudyJudyJudy

Салатные палочки

That bottling is sickening though. If that lad had turned round at the wrong time that could easily have blinded him. Absolute scumbag behaviour from that wannabe cage fighter in the grey. 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That bottling is sickening though. If that lad had turned round at the wrong time that could easily have blinded him. Absolute scumbag behaviour from that wannabe cage fighter in the grey. 

Think arrests have already been made, hopefully he is in a cage right now. Shame for him that's its a holiday weekend and he should be locked up till Tuesday at least.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Wannabe cage fighter is a good point. A lad who worked for me got attacked by one of those little rats a couple of years ago. Four of them started getting lippy as he was walking home with his girlfriend. He did the sensible thing and walked away. Next thing he knew one of them jumped in his back so he fell and then pinned him down UFC style and hammered about a dozen punches to his face as his arms were trapped. Damaged eyes, a broken eye socket and chipped teeth. No reason for it, no words exchanged just feral little *******s wanting to show off their “skills” and hurt someone for the thrill of it. And one of his hero sidekicks punched his girlfriend in the face to stop her getting her phone out. 
Makes you hope they pick the wrong person one day. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

TV has a lot to answer for in my opinion.

Little twats probably get all excited when they hear about gangs in London and try to copy them. 

jack D and coke

That’s apparently the lad that got the bottle. I don’t mind a bit of a punch up in all honesty it’s young lads and booze we’ve probably all sort of been there but any sort of weapon and you need the absolute shite kicked out of you imo. 
Trying to injure someone badly is evil. 

5AB882EE-76BB-4598-877F-7AA3FA2C53AF.jpeg

Shanks said no

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-56633336

Three people were charged in connection with anti-social behaviour and a serious assault.

Officers are working to trace others involved in various incidents and have appealed for witnesses.

In particular, they are looking to speak to anyone who saw a 22-year-old man being attacked at about 19:30 in the Middle Meadow Walk or a 17-year-old man being seriously injured in the park around 18:40.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s apparently the lad that got the bottle. I don’t mind a bit of a punch up in all honesty it’s young lads and booze we’ve probably all sort of been there but any sort of weapon and you need the absolute shite kicked out of you imo. 

It’s not just a punch up though with these rats. Same tactic you used to see in pubs and clubs years ago. Couple of lads start annoying someone or making inappropriate comments towards their girlfriend hoping for a reaction and then they pile in to the poor guy they’ve targeted. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Dirty wee bassas. Look, I think most of us are well aware that there's always been gang fighting and it was pretty rife throughout Edinburgh in the 70s and 80s for sure.

But this recent lawlessness feels a bit different. The young people involved in this, or the bricking of our buses and riding motorcycles on pavements etc are pushing it to limit. They no longer have any fear of the consequences to their actions, and I can't help think there's a serious tragic event just around the corner.

The Police need to regain some semblance of control pronto.

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Looks like he got VERY lucky there. Hope he’s on the mend quickly. 

Edit: Hopefully that is treated as assault with a deadly weapon and the guy gets locked up. 

Edited by gjcc

Police federation making a pretty strong case for their members being prioritised for Covid jag. Facing up to this kind of thing most weekends for months without vaccination is well out of order.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Police federation making a pretty strong case for their members being prioritised for Covid jag. Facing up to this kind of thing most weekends for months without vaccination is well out of order.

They should be the same priority as the NHS. All “key workers” should be prioritised. 

5 minutes ago, pablo said:

Dirty wee bassas. Look, I think most of us are well aware that there's always been gang fighting and it was pretty rife throughout Edinburgh in the 70s and 80s for sure.

But this recent lawlessness feels a bit different. The young people involved in this, or the bricking of our buses and riding motorcycles on pavements etc are pushing it to limit. They no longer have any fear of the consequences to their actions, and I can't help think there's a serious tragic event just around the corner.

When I was a lad , 1970s, if the police showed up you generally did a runner if you were up to no good. It doesn't seem to be that way now.

Just now, gjcc said:

The thing is stuff like that is life changing. I worked with a guy years ago that had been slashed on the face with a Stanley knife by a Celtic fan at Haymarket after a Hearts game. Amazingly as he was at a bus stop holding onto his girlfriends 7 year old kid. It changed every stranger he ever mets opinion of him straight away, lad with a strong working class accent and a bad scar on his face must be trouble after all. In actual fact he was a very quiet gentle little guy but now he had to live with people judging him before they knew him. 

5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Edit: Hopefully that is treated as assault with a deadly weapon and the guy gets locked up. 

Likely charge will be 'Assault to severe injury and permanent disfigurement'. Hope they throw the book at the cowardly wee b****** bottling someone from behind. And well done the cops for getting steamed in when they were vastly outnumbered. Brave stuff.

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Mate of mine works in the fire service. The surgery local to them phone every day when there are vaccines left unused so they can nip over and get a jag. 

Another mate who’s in the Police was getting the same but the Police were categorically told that they weren’t allowed to go and get the unused vaccines. Madness. 

been here before
18 minutes ago, pablo said:

And they need to be allowed to do it.

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Mate of mine works in the fire service. The surgery local to them phone every day when there are vaccines left unused so they can nip over and get a jag. 

Another mate who’s in the Police was getting the same but the Police were categorically told that they weren’t allowed to go and get the unused vaccines. Madness. 

Agree.

Салатные палочки
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The thing is stuff like that is life changing. I worked with a guy years ago that had been slashed on the face with a Stanley knife by a Celtic fan at Haymarket after a Hearts game. Amazingly as he was at a bus stop holding onto his girlfriends 7 year old kid. It changed every stranger he ever mets opinion of him straight away, lad with a strong working class accent and a bad scar on his face must be trouble after all. In actual fact he was a very quiet gentle little guy but now he had to live with people judging him before they knew him. 

The mental scars would be just as bad no doubt. I imagine you would feel very different about being out in public, unable to trust strangers in the street. Imagine doing that when he was holding a child. 

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

That’ll be **** all to what’ll come when the pubs reopen fully . I’ll bet the police are dreading it . ☹️☹️

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The first full weekend of no restrictions will be carnage 

🙏 for you bud, gonna be a tough one

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not at all - pubs will be tightly regulated and socially distanced with fixed time slots.

They’re going to get as much drink down them as they possibly can and I agree with 3,  it will be carnage. 

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

As others have mentioned, it's the rubbish they leave that gets me more than anything else. I fight a constant battle to keep the paths and woods near my home clean and I have to spend a few hours each Monday/Tuesday specifically cleaning up broken glass etc left by the young teams after their swallies over the weekend so that dogs and local wildlife don't get injured.

👏 Well done rj

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Indeed, very scary stuff. I’ve had similar where I was hit in the side of the face from behind with a pint glass and then he ran off. When I put my hand to my face, all I could see was blood, cowardly thing to do. I wasn’t even in a fight at the time, just standing in a pub watching a football game.

58 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s the wrong side of his head if that’s the guy, is it not?

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

A well placed drone strike that day would have solved a significant amount of problems.....

Phone the polis and say everyone in a grey tracksuit is planning a jihad 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🙏 for you bud, gonna be a tough one

They’re going to get as much drink down them as they possibly can and I agree with 3,  it will be carnage. 

👏 Well done rj

Indeed, very scary stuff. I’ve had similar where I was hit in the side of the face from behind with a pint glass and then he ran off. When I put my hand to my face, all I could see was blood, cowardly thing to do. I wasn’t even in a fight at the time, just standing in a pub watching a football game.

That’s the wrong side of his head if that’s the guy, is it not?

I’ve no idea pal. Someone sent it to me🤷🏽‍♂️

Angry Haggis

I passed the Meadows yesterday about 3pm. It’s was crazy the amount of people there. It looked busier than pre-COVID Meadows festival weekends. 

This will keep happening as the weather gets better. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve no idea pal. Someone sent it to me🤷🏽‍♂️

Front facing camera. Image has been flipped. See the writing on the gown. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Angry Haggis said:

I passed the Meadows yesterday about 3pm. It’s was crazy the amount of people there. It looked busier than pre-COVID Meadows festival weekends. 

It was like something akin to T in the Park. I stopped at the lights at the foot of Marchmont Road and when looked over, there must have been about 7 or 8 lassies all squatting doing a piss. The state of the folk I picked up from there was something else, absolutely away with it. You just knew that there was going to be trouble at some point.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Front facing camera. Image has been flipped. See the writing on the gown. 

Good spot, can’t believe I didn’t notice that. Going to have a fairly big scar for the rest of his days. Fighting is a mugs game, win or lose.

1 hour ago, Angry Haggis said:

Not going to be a problem tomorrow. :sadrobbo:

24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not going to be a problem tomorrow. :sadrobbo:

Massive snowball fight with shards of glass imbedded in them planned for during the week. 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thought my Mrs was making it up

Was cold enough this time last night. Be bloody freezing tonight.

Shanks said no

Keep this up and its coming to Edinburgh soon

Byelaws
There are two byelaws in force within the City of Glasgow.

Byelaws on drinking in public places
These byelaws were originally introduced in August 1996 under sections 201-203 of the local government (Scotland) Act 1973 and amended in 2008 under section 202A of the same Act.

The amended byelaws which are currently in force were confirmed on 22 January 2008 and came into force on 25 January 2008.

Under these byelaws, subject to certain exceptions, any person who consumes alcoholic liquor in a designated place or is found to be in possession of an open container containing alcohol in a designated place shall be guilty of an offence.

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Keep this up and its coming to Edinburgh soon

Byelaws
There are two byelaws in force within the City of Glasgow.

Byelaws on drinking in public places
These byelaws were originally introduced in August 1996 under sections 201-203 of the local government (Scotland) Act 1973 and amended in 2008 under section 202A of the same Act.

The amended byelaws which are currently in force were confirmed on 22 January 2008 and came into force on 25 January 2008.

Under these byelaws, subject to certain exceptions, any person who consumes alcoholic liquor in a designated place or is found to be in possession of an open container containing alcohol in a designated place shall be guilty of an offence.

I think it is actually illegal at the moment due to temporary coronavirus laws anyway is it not? Unless that law has now lapsed. But it absolutely was not enforced yesterday. 

Agree that a permanent change seems likely.

If only the police could do something about it! Best to let someone get bottled and then use videos provided by the public to get the culprit afterwards. 

been here before
21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thought my Mrs was making it up

Might go up for a pagger. 

Anyone else? We could form a redoubt, be like Zulu but honed in the Shed.

Edited by been here before

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I think it is actually illegal at the moment due to temporary coronavirus laws anyway is it not? Unless that law has now lapsed. But it absolutely was not enforced yesterday. 

Agree that a permanent change seems likely.

When we set off yesterday we had pre-made vodka and cokes in juice bottles as we too thought it was banned. Soon realised no one was adhering to it, so headed to Sainsbury's for beers.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

The bizarre thing is that the police and council won't do anything to prevent this.

Teargas and tazers would be a start.

I mean unless the police start mobilising big police units to tackle this then there isn’t a lot they can do. Even banning the consumption of alcohol in public won’t really do much to deter the people from turning up in huge numbers anyways. The solution would surely to be to stop them from wanting to do these things and give them some other viable alternatives. Actually being proactive rather than reactive. Hearing the phrases of “water canon the pricks” on social media.  Aii thats a good ****ing idea. Let’s just incite a ****ing full scale riot. 

There must be a way to get through to them. There is a trigger because I can’t quite remember it being anywhere near as bad as this. 

Just now, frankblack said:

The bizarre thing is that the police and council won't do anything to prevent this.

:rofl:

This isn’t Russia mate. We don’t want full scale city riots. That’s what your suggesting there. Think the 2-3 thousand odd folk would sit back and let themselves be tear gassed to ****? 

35 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

When we set off yesterday we had pre-made vodka and cokes in juice bottles as we too thought it was banned. Soon realised no one was adhering to it, so headed to Sainsbury's for beers.

Yeah we went to the gardens first and plenty people were drinking. All socially distanced, in appropriate groups and litter was going in the bins. Was there a few hours and not a single police officer passed through. Only went up to Brunstfield cos the gardens were closing at 6.15.

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This isn’t Russia mate. We don’t want full scale city riots. That’s what your suggesting there. Think the 2-3 thousand odd folk would sit back and let themselves be tear gassed to ****? 

Actually it is a police state under Covid rules.

What you have is frequent out of control breaches of the Covid regulations which the SG will use to keep the law abiding citizens locked down and businesses shut.

**** these arseholes.  Zero tolerance.

Edited by frankblack

WoolfordsHearts
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

But,but,but these youngsters have been in lockdown and have had cinemas,bowling alleys etc shut so they should be able to go nuts and bottle people.

I agree with you btw regarding these feral *astrds.

14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You are correct, we should go for the Burma response,. Russians pussy about too much.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Actually it is a police state under Covid rules.

What you have is frequent out of control breaches of the Covid regulations which the SG will use to keep the law abiding citizens locked down and businesses shut.

**** these arseholes.  Zero tolerance.

Your talking about releasing tear gas and water cannons on teenagers. Just let that sink in. The vast majority of whom will turn up, get pished and go home. All that does is incite more of them to in turn fight back and boom you have a full scale riot. More people hurt and more emergency service workers hurt. Simply not the solution hence the police haven’t gone down that route. 

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

As does film, as much as I love film 

How many films have made you go out and assault somebody?

Zero for me.