Meadows fightclub

Shanks said no

Shanks said no

Some videos beginning to emerge of scenes last night. We had spent a leisurely afternoon on Bruntsfield Links but you could see hordes of youngsters descending on the Meadows, laden down with drink. We headed home around 5pm (public toilets were due to close) and missed the carnage.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Governor Tarkin

• Cade

• frankblack

• JudyJudyJudy

Captain Lithuania

Disgraceful. Imagine going out to enjoy the sun for the first time in ages and you go about punching and bottling folk. There’s no situation where that is an acceptable reaction. Should jail the lot of them. 

Probably the same bored teenagers smashing the bus windows. 

Kinda inevitable when you shut down all the things for them to do. You know they might head to Cinemas, football fields, clubs, pubs or they are old enough instead of fighting at the meadows. 

Captain Lithuania
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Probably the same bored teenagers smashing the bus windows. 

Kinda inevitable when you shut down all the things for them to do. You know they might head to Cinemas, football fields, clubs, pubs or they are old enough instead of fighting at the meadows. 

We all done daft stuff when we were younger when we were bored. But it never involved being violent or breaking people’s stuff. There’s zero excuse for behaviour like that. 

been here before
58 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Some videos beginning to emerge of scenes last night. We had spent a leisurely afternoon on Bruntsfield Links but you could see hordes of youngsters descending on the Meadows, laden down with drink. We headed home around 5pm (public toilets were due to close) and missed the carnage.

"****in hell... this is ****in insane bro... what is going on... look bro... that was ****in sick boy..."

All in his best Watsons accent  :rofl:

Must be something about the colour grey and tracksuits that turn you into a tool though.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

We were over on the Links too. Saw a mass of movement over at the Meadows at about 7.30 the there were police chasing folk about everywhere.

3fingersreid

That’ll be **** all to what’ll come when the pubs reopen fully . I’ll bet the police are dreading it . ☹️☹️

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

That’ll be **** all to what’ll come when the pubs reopen fully . I’ll bet the police are dreading it . ☹️☹️

Not at all - pubs will be tightly regulated and socially distanced with fixed time slots.

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not at all - pubs will be tightly regulated and socially distanced with fixed time slots.

The first full weekend of no restrictions will be carnage 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

😆

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

You didn't go to a pub post first lockdown I take it?

Did you go to all the pubs?  

18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The first full weekend of no restrictions will be carnage 

It wasn't last time, why should it be this time?

Everyone signed in to the pub to enter, pre-booked time slots, drinks served at tables, limited number of people per table e.g. 2 to 4, etc.

Big groups won't get into pubs except some of the dodgy ones that ignore the rules and will probably lose their license.

Just now, Victorian said:

Did you go to all the pubs?  

No, but went to a few in the city centre.

The type of pubs you have in your head will risk losing their license and being permanently shut down.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The type of pubs you have in your head will risk losing their license and being permanently shut down.

Indeed... maybe so... but that would be after some of the carnage predicted by 3fingersreid in the post you replied to.

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

None of them seem to know how to fight

Maybe you could teach them. 

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Indeed... maybe so... but that would be after some of the carnage predicted by 3fingersreid in the post you replied to.

Except its all hypothetical based on flawed assumptions as to the number of these pubs that will break the rules and where they will be located.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Maybe you could teach them. 

I’ve no idea how to fight either :lol: but on that basis, I wouldn’t go down there and again do pavement dancing 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Except its all hypothetical based on flawed assumptions as to the number of these pubs that will break the rules and where they will be located.

Hypothetical it is.  Flawed is only your opinion.  I agree with the original poster.  Imo there will be examples similar to that predicted.  I would also amplify in that some disturbances will be in evidence in the streets where pub rules and organisations do not apply.

You have nothing to worry about at the safe,  organised venues you visited.

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Have a Shan haircut I think. 

thats not the first rule but in the bylaws, similar is wearing one of those grey shan trackie bottoms

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Have a Shan haircut I think. 

thats probably 98% of the world right now. 

29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Haven't been to any myself but I know there are pubs who are still operating to this day.

The City Centre pubs and locals were night and day when they reopened last time.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hasn’t it always been the case. There have always been fights in and around pubs/clubs every weekend up and down the country. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Too young for pubs mostly

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Haven't been to any myself but I know there are pubs who are still operating to this day.

The City Centre pubs and locals were night and day when they reopened last time.

Yep, one of the pubs near me has definitely had some shady opening going on. It’s got a mostly disused function suite behind it hidden from the street and I’ve seen a few people outside it smoking recently. 

been here before
59 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

come on people what is the first rule of meadows fightclub?

Be a poshboy Gangsta?

been here before
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tidying up crap left behind by shite paggering neds is an admirable thing to do. Very public spirited and worthy of thanks.

It doesnt make one a hero though.

As others have mentioned, it's the rubbish they leave that gets me more than anything else. I fight a constant battle to keep the paths and woods near my home clean and I have to spend a few hours each Monday/Tuesday specifically cleaning up broken glass etc left by the young teams after their swallies over the weekend so that dogs and local wildlife don't get injured.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Tidying up crap left behind by shite paggering neds is an admirable thing to do. Very public spirited and worthy of thanks.

Hero: "a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."

I don't consider myself a hero for the litter picking I do, of course, but I have tremendous admiration for all those that voluntarily try to make communities safer, happier, cleaner places and given how much apathy is shown by the majority of folk, I don't think that the word "hero" is particularly out of place in this context.

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

It’s all relative I guess.

Have the authorities done any real studies as to the reasons for the unreasonable stages of violence coming out in the area. That was quite a fight, I honestly cannot remember anything to that level of numbers, kids throwing missiles at buses, is it Covid restrictions, is it a reflection of disrespect for authority and or police. If not controlled or considered how long before it incurs the loss of life, and when it does how do you regain control at that stage.

As one does when having achieved elderlyness the inclination is to look back and recall such behaviors in other Countries, but seeing it in the land and area of your birth and youth is quite disturbing.

Tommy Brown
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

It's a funny one mate.

There seems an explosion of litter picking going on out my way.

Public spirited it certainly is and I applaud them (not physically:lol:, I did go over to a couple the other day and thank/congratulate them)

Its just shameful that people want make our country such a tip in the first place.

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As others have mentioned, it's the rubbish they leave that gets me more than anything else. I fight a constant battle to keep the paths and woods near my home clean and I have to spend a few hours each Monday/Tuesday specifically cleaning up broken glass etc left by the young teams after their swallies over the weekend so that dogs and local wildlife don't get injured.

Well done Red.

As I said in my last post, the amount  of litter picking going on in my area is incredible. There are bags of trash piled up everywhere.

Just hope it has an effect on the droppers.

Although  a good whack is alcohol related, probably not.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's a funny one mate.

Public spirited it certainly is and I applaud them (not physically:lol:, I did go over to a couple the other day and thank/congratulate them)

Its just shameful that people want make our country such a tip in the first place.

exactly how difficult would it to be to take a bin bag with you and then put it next to a bin so it can be collected when the fixed bins are emptied

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's a funny one mate.

Many thanks for doing that, Tommy. I seldom have folk even talking to me when I'm litter picking - perhaps they think I'm doing it as some form of community service because I've been convicted of something. :) The occasional person who thanks me, or at least talks to me about what I'm doing, cheers me up no end. I don't live for that, not in the slightest, I do what I do to help nature and wildlife, but it's nice from time to time to get a wee pat on the back or have a wee chat with someone else who appreciates the littering problem we have.

4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Witness someone being bottled = "that's the best content I've ever got".

:facepalm:

Noticed that line as well. Proper cringeworthy stuff.

Dean Winchester
5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Witness someone being bottled = "that's the best content I've ever got".

:facepalm:

And it looked to me like the guy trying to alert the police to it got tackled for his troubles.