Favourite Ever Football Kits

Салатные палочки

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Everything about the 1970 one is iconic. Even the goalie strip.

Brazil_1970.jpeg.thumb.jpg.ca1333de364d8845eaacadf62f7ed980.jpg

Class always wanted a Brazil top never ever had one might buy one. 

13 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

The purists would say that those are the correct colour of shorts for Brazil. Doesn't seem to be used at all these days though. 

Yellow and green top blue shorts none of this white or yellow shorts.

4 hours ago, Locky said:

The navy and white one was 08/09. I got it with Berra on the back and he left that January. Still got it somewhere but no chance it would fit me now. :lol:

10/11 was the Ajax style home shirt. I never got that one sadly.

I've got that one, with Skacel 19 on the back.  Even better, my mates brother plays with Raith Rovers, and he offered to get the man himself to sign it for me a while back when he was with them.  A personally-addressed signed Rudi Skacel shirt is probably the best thing I own... :wub:

Only half joking about that as well :lol: 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yellow and green top blue shorts none of this white or yellow shorts.

Always a good trivia fact that Brazil used to wear white. Then after they lost the 1950 World Cup final to Uruguay they had the current one designed to help them forget the shame of losing it. 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I've got that one, with Skacel 19 on the back.  Even better, my mates brother plays with Raith Rovers, and he offered to get the man himself to sign it for me a while back when he was with them.  A personally-addressed signed Rudi Skacel shirt is probably the best thing I own... :wub:

😍😍😍

Just now, Tazio said:

Always a good trivia fact that Brazil used to wear white. Then after they lost the 1950 World Cup final to Uruguay they had the current one designed to help them forget the shame of losing it. 

What was the reason they wore white , seems the least Brazil colour you could have. Germany , England etc white makes sense , Brazil , just no

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

White with blue collar I think.

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

White with blue collar I think.

They had this beauty for the 2019 Copa America. 100th anniversary shirt.

Screenshot_20210405-175914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19283cd47e0bb90dc44359737533e8f1.jpg

18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Jammy ****. :lol:

I'd get that framed up on my wall if that were me.

15 minutes ago, Locky said:

Jammy ****. :lol:

I'd get that framed up on my wall if that were me.

It's been the plan for a while now, trust me!  It's been hanging up on the back of my office door ever since, but I'd definitely like it a bit better protected in a frame! 

Been tempted to get a kit for doing it myself, but really don't want to make an arse of it! Might just wait a few more months and take it in somewhere to get it done properly!

It's funny, because it's signed and addressed directly to me, it's probably worth almost nothing to someone else, but to me, it's absolutely priceless! :wub:

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's been the plan for a while now, trust me!  It's been hanging up on the back of my office door ever since, but I'd definitely like it a bit better protected in a frame! 

Been tempted to get a kit for doing it myself, but really don't want to make an arse of it! Might just wait a few more months and take it in somewhere to get it done properly!

It's funny, because it's signed and addressed directly to me, it's probably worth almost nothing to someone else, but to me, it's absolutely priceless! :wub:

A mate of mine has started doing shirt framing as a wee side project during lockdown. I'd be happy to ask him if you were wanting it done. Although he's down East Lothian, so not ideal if you're up in Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure I’ve still got one of those yellow Pony tops somewhere. 

I had one. Not sure it would fit me now. 

How many times did we wear it? Because I can only think it was ever worn v Red Star away. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Loved the mid-late 90s Juve shirts. I have a black away with yellow stars on the sleeves. 

Oh that's a belter too, my ex-GF was Italian and got me the lotto one when we first started dating which was a lovely top as well.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Always preferred the thinner stripes for Juve

villajuventus1983mini.jpg.e8775fca82743928649cafa6b09da4fe.jpg

The thinner stripes are considered more traditional and 'proper' Juve tops but that Kappa one is just stylish AF 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

parma-99-away-tags-new_1_1.jpg.421cad2d14e752affa3be8e7c52cb362.jpg1996-98-arsenal-home-shirt-xl-11944-1.jpg.d92a11e775020c31a04bb8cb17a198b1.jpg

Never been an Arsenal fan as such, but some of their shirts in the 90's/early 2000's are gorgeous. I absolutely love Henry and Bergkamp too. Often wondered why I never became an Arsenal fan. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Never been an Arsenal fan as such, but some of their shirts in the 90's/early 2000's are gorgeous. I absolutely love Henry and Bergkamp too. Often wondered why I never became an Arsenal fan. :lol: 

My old man, said be an Arsenal fan

I said **** off ******* your a *****. 

Edited by Tazio

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

They had this beauty for the 2019 Copa America. 100th anniversary shirt.

Screenshot_20210405-175914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19283cd47e0bb90dc44359737533e8f1.jpg

Oooooofffttt

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Last season's Arsenal top was my favourite top of recent times, shame about the players wearing it 😂

arsenal-19-20-home-kit-3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My old man, said be an Arsenal fan

I said **** off ******* your a *****. 

My old man is a West Ham fan, so I'm sure he'd agree. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Last season's Arsenal top was my favourite top of recent times, shame about the players wearing it 😂

arsenal-19-20-home-kit-3.jpg

image.png.159ff8106901d40b7ba81e7fe5228598.png

I absolutely love this shirt. So much so that I'd actually buy it and wear it for myself.

19 minutes ago, Locky said:

My old man is a West Ham fan, so I'm sure he'd agree. :lol: 

image.png.159ff8106901d40b7ba81e7fe5228598.png

I absolutely love this shirt. So much so that I'd actually buy it and wear it for myself.

Updated version of that one coming out next season:

8CDF3F4E-4A6D-4F29-841C-32CC0FD6D608.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Locky said:

Me neither, I don't have another team, just Hearts & Scotland but that Arsenal strip and that team, Viera, Petit, Overmars, Bergkamp and Anelka. 

:sweeet:

4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Updated version of that one coming out next season:

8CDF3F4E-4A6D-4F29-841C-32CC0FD6D608.jpeg

Think Adidas are producing a lot of retro style efforts for next season. Apparently Man Utd are getting a remake of this one too:image.png.88a15b3a2a1e003b45f0434d867c8eef.png

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Me neither, I don't have another team, just Hearts & Scotland but that Arsenal strip and that team, Viera, Petit, Overmars, Bergkamp and Anelka. 

:sweeet:

I liked Man Utd growing up so was sort of anti-Arsenal bearing in mind they were United's biggest challengers round that era. Don't see myself supporting any English team nowadays though. I'm glad I don't support Arsenal in this day in age but would've been great fun watching them every week during the Wenger days.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think Adidas are producing a lot of retro style efforts for next season. Apparently Man Utd are getting a remake of this one too:image.png.88a15b3a2a1e003b45f0434d867c8eef.png

90772D6E-CA25-4F19-A55F-44D7FFDC1096.jpeg

Spitonastranger
6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I still think this is the best West Ham kit.

gettyimages-79648153-612x612.jpg.2e829247b39ad020a5ec04c506460f84.jpg 

3 top kits, loved the west ham one. Clyde Best 

14 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Class always wanted a Brazil top never ever had one might buy one. 

Cult kits is worth a look

The Hogfather
13 hours ago, tian447 said:

My advice is to not take it into somewhere to have it done. A member of my family started a shirt buying/selling website last year and has come across some absolute horror stories when it comes to shirts being framed. 

The worst one was a collection of old Millwall shirts he came across that had had the backs cut clean off. He’s also told me stories of glue marks, cut sleeves and other methods of the shirt being completely ruined. I’ve done a couple myself and it’s fiddly, but not hugely difficult. Let me know if you need any advice. 

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

1996080801.jpg.0e4581d7fbcd32d63f0235029daa185e.jpg

My 1st introduction to sunday morning pub football (at 15 years old) was wearing that strip, our manager used to work at the club shop and we had the full kit, SPL badges/numbers the lot!

17 hours ago, tian447 said:

Where do you live? 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Where do you live? 

I'd tell you but then you'd have to legally change your name, and trust me, it's an awkward spelling :lol: