Russia / Ukraine

Homme

The Ukrainian Army continue their ongoing battles with Russian backed rebels in Eastern Ukraine - all the while Russia are deploying tens of thousands of troops to the border.

Are we in course for a larger conflict here with Russia 'officially' getting involved? Largest army in Europe v the third largest makes for some size of conflict if it were to happen.

I think Russia are waiting for Ukraine to blink first giving them the excuse to cross the border to help their 'citizens'.

I wonder what UK involvement / NATO involvement there will be.

If Russia went all-in, it would all be over just as quickly as the Georgia mess was.

Ruskies are just using this ongoing civil war/incursion as a permanent live-fire training ground for their Elite forces.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Homme said:

The Ukrainian Army continue their ongoing battles with Russian backed rebels in Eastern Ukraine - all the while Russia are deploying tens of thousands of troops to the border.

Are we in course for a larger conflict here with Russia 'officially' getting involved? Largest army in Europe v the third largest makes for some size of conflict if it were to happen.

I think Russia are waiting for Ukraine to blink first giving them the excuse to cross the border to help their 'citizens'.

I wonder what UK involvement / NATO involvement there will be.

It's the EU who have stuck their noses in there. Firstly trying to get Ukraine to join the EU which of course made Russia very nervous having another NATO border and losing the naval base at Sevastopol.  The EU as usual getting in way over it's head and making an arse of it. Just like they did in the Balkans. So a problem of their making should be handled only by them and NATO (and by association us) should keep well clear.