Richard Johnson

jamborich

luckyBatistuta

Great jockey. Would have won a stack of champion jockey titles if it hadn’t been for AP

HamishMcGonagall

I remember one time he was at Musselburgh (he didn't often race up here so you knew if he bothered to then he must be on a good one) but he fell on a well backed favourite. He was walking back through the gap between the old stand and the new/posh stand and got dogs abuse from a group of drunken louts (as well as an odd boo here and there from other folk) for not winning. He just kept his head down and kept walking but it felt such a shame that folk couldn't just be respectful to one of the best jockeys there has ever been rather than resort to verbal abuse like that.

2 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

I remember one time he was at Musselburgh (he didn't often race up here so you knew if he bothered to then he must be on a good one) but he fell on a well backed favourite. He was walking back through the gap between the old stand and the new/posh stand and got dogs abuse from a group of drunken louts (as well as an odd boo here and there from other folk) for not winning. He just kept his head down and kept walking but it felt such a shame that folk couldn't just be respectful to one of the best jockeys there has ever been rather than resort to verbal abuse like that.

Not a surprise. Weekends and big meetings usually attract that type  of crowd sadly. I watched someone throw a beer at a losing jockey at Chester once. 😞

As for RJ it will take someone pretty special to overtake his win record.