• Nookie Bear

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jambopilms
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Wee dig by Shay here..? 

E5A128D7-2350-42F8-9006-47FCF16CFEC6.jpeg

Man City wouldnt be bossing anything if their squad was as old as our though.

3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Wee dig by Shay here..? 

E5A128D7-2350-42F8-9006-47FCF16CFEC6.jpeg

Definitely seems like it! Will probably have a pop once he signs for someone else

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 hours ago, Mister T said:

Did a job for us, thought he looked good for another season but hey ho. He'll probably earn more as a plumber too. 

He's probably good enough for another season in the Championship.  With Dundee.

gregzy2k7

Actually pretty happy with this decision tbh, he did a job and was better than i thought he would be, I  would not have been devastated if we gave him a 12 month deal, however i think the club is right to target younger players to develop and sell on for a transfer fee, that should be our policy going forward, targetting promising young guys that are in their early 20's or mid 20's who we can hopefully develop and sell on. Examples being kingsley and ginelly.

iantjambo

I’m not too fussed about this to be honest. He came in and did a good job when we needed to steady the ship.

I think there’ll be better players available to us though.

hisnameis

Personally, think he made a positive impact. It is fine to be looking to add youth to the squad as long as they are good enough and not just cheap enough. I hope Michael Smith can make a return to his previous form as he has looked poor recently. I would actually prefer Logan. I also feel the same about Kingsley who has not impressed after making a good early impression. Neither provide much going forward and the latter looks suspect when faced with a pacey opponent. 

We really need to get this window right as bringing in another bunch of misfits and injury prone punts could result in a swift return to the championship. 

I think finding a good centreback pairing will be vital. I worry about injury to Souttar and we definitely need a left sided player. Halkett should be considered a squad player if he stays.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Actually pretty happy with this decision tbh, he did a job and was better than i thought he would be, I  would not have been devastated if we gave him a 12 month deal, however i think the club is right to target younger players to develop and sell on for a transfer fee, that should be our policy going forward, targetting promising young guys that are in their early 20's or mid 20's who we can hopefully develop and sell on. Examples being kingsley and ginelly.

Surely our policy should be to win matches and if that means the best option is playing Shay at wing back whilst we develop a young wing back then that’s got to be preferable. 

Should we drop Gordon in favour of Harry Stone?

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely our policy should be to win matches and if that means the best option is playing Shay at wing back whilst we develop a young wing back then that’s got to be preferable. 

Should we drop Gordon in favour of Harry Stone?

Again, as fans we can only put our trust/faith in the judgement and organisation of the management. 

I said before, if they have an RB of similar standard lined up to our LB position, most will be happy. If we haven’t, we’ve let go of arguably our best experienced option. 

Or, if a young player is getting an opportunity in that area, you hope we are getting the balance correct across the rest of the team so we are as competitive as we need to be in

the SPL and not hindered. 

I thought Logan did reasonably well and looked what he was: a footballer who hadn't been Neilsonised.

Sort of made him stand out from the rest at times.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Again, as fans we can only put our trust/faith in the judgement and organisation of the management. 

I said before, if they have an RB of similar standard lined up to our LB position, most will be happy. If we haven’t, we’ve let go of arguably our best experienced option. 

Or, if a young player is getting an opportunity in that area, you hope we are getting the balance correct across the rest of the team so we are as competitive as we need to be in

Yep. 

We don’t have a young player at the club ready to fill the right back spot and we cannot go into the SPL season with a signed rookie player to develop with a view to selling on. 

Is Smith good enough for next season? Not sure and I think we need to buy over the summer, and I mean a ready made right back, not an inexperienced player. 

kingantti1874

Not surprised he is pissed. A longer term deal was discussed before he signed up.

if she was a factor why bother leading the guy on

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Do you trust them? 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Do you trust them? 

When you remove all the seethe and noise it’s a tough one. Last time in this league he proved he could be trusted imo. The past season has undone a lot of that trust. It was a weird season though so I’m not sure it is as simple to judge as it should be. Hopefully with Savage part of the team we can bring in the correct quality required. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/05/2021 at 07:35, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm I appreciate I’ve been banging on about the average age of the squad but Logan has been excellent and we will struggle to find better to fill that right wing back role. 

He still looks very fit as well. 

Maybe someone else in mind or going back to a 4 man defence, so will see. 

I agree with your sentiment but it looks like you are just lining up all your ducks to have a go at Neilson whatever happens. 

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree with your sentiment but it looks like you are just lining up all your ducks to have a go at Neilson whatever happens. 

I've made my feelings on Neilson crystal clear and they are unlikely to change. However, the recent change in formation seemed to have a positive effect and even i was wondering if Robbie had found a way of playing that works for our squad.

But by the sounds of it, we are moving Smith to right back which suggests reverting to a back 4 - i find that disappointing but will see how it pans out. We may get a better right back (needed now imo) or it may not even happen as Robbie has said himself he will be experimenting with formations.

Trust me, considering how i feel about his management, saying "we will see" should be consdiered a massive vote of confidence in Robbie!

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The age thing does sound like an excuse tbh. I'm sure that wasn't the reason. 

I'd guess it was more to do with the Aberdeen - Edinburgh thing, was his family going to move for 1 or 2 years, would he commute daily  and Ofc his plumbing business/ plans  as well. 

Glass might even want to look at him and he might Ervan extension at Aberdeen which would suit him far more. 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

maybe logan refused to guve neilson a discount on servicing his boiler

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd guess it was more to do with the Aberdeen - Edinburgh thing, was his family going to move for 1 or 2 years, would he commute daily  and Ofc his plumbing business/ plans  as well. 

Glass might even want to look at him and he might Ervan extension at Aberdeen which would suit him far more. 

I think we were going to sign him but we have another option. We're definitely going to sign a RB. He's been after one for ages and has turned down Logan who was decent. 

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

maybe logan refused to guve neilson a discount on servicing his boiler

Perhaps. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Messed about with his ballcock is the story I heard.

Edited by GinRummy

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It is a fact though that we do have a much older team than most in any league.

Gordon 38, Smith 32, Naismith 34, Boyce 30, GMS 30, and Halliday 29.

There is nothing wrong with having a few experienced players in the team/squad but realistically we need to be bringing the average age of our team down so that we are not constantly having to be re-building all the time.

The core of our team should be in their mid twenties with a scattering of older experienced players.

Logan at 33 looks a very fit guy but I would much rather we signed someone 10 years younger and develope them.

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think we were going to sign him but we have another option. We're definitely going to sign a RB. He's been after one for ages and has turned down Logan who was decent. 

Perhaps. 

If this is the case then we would hope that the other option is a better player than Logan then.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There is nothing wrong with having a few experienced players in the team/squad but realistically we need to be bringing the average age of our team down so that we are not constantly having to be re-building all the time.

The core of our team should be in their mid twenties with a scattering of older experienced players.

Logan at 33 looks a very fit guy but I would much rather we signed someone 10 years younger and develope them.

Bit harsh :o

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Messed about with his ballcock is the story I heard.

It was a concern that he might not be 100 percent focused on Hearts with a plumbing business in Aberdeen. But he had a lot of experience to tap into, and we can't afford to leak goals next season.

We're not flush with options in defence, but he's not coming back an we just need to let that sink in. 

If Robbie had taken the plunge and signed him we could have had a reliable number two.

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

It was a concern that he might not be 100 percent focused on Hearts with a plumbing business in Aberdeen. But he had a lot of experience to tap into, and we can't afford to leak goals next season.

We're not flush with options in defence, but he's not coming back an we just need to let that sink in. 

If Robbie had taken the plunge and signed him we could have had a reliable number two.

😀 heard his wage demands were quite high. Though I'd have thought Ann could have gone to James Anderson for a tap.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bit harsh :o

Maybe. I am just pointing out that if we continue to sign players in the age bracket of Logan then we are only going to increase the average age of our team.

I know 30 is not old especially if the players look after themselves however we just need to have a look at Naismith and Berra to see what happens when you get to that age bracket.

It is only my thoughts but I would like to see us signings players in their early to mid twenties going forward.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe. I am just pointing out that if we continue to sign players in the age bracket of Logan then we are only going to increase the average age of our team.

I know 30 is not old especially if the players look after themselves however we just need to have a look at Naismith and Berra to see what happens when you get to that age bracket.

It is only my thoughts but I would like to see us signings players in their early to mid twenties going forward.

👍

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yeah,  I don't see age as an issue if they are in good shape. Logan looked fit as a fiddle and quick so I can only think the age thing was an excuse. 

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If this is the case then we would hope that the other option is a better player than Logan then.

Yep. I'd like to think that is the case. We were probably going to sign him but someone else is available and interested in coming here. 

4marsbars
7 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

We'll just have to solder on without him.