Shay Logan

lou

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, gordon simpson said:

Tom interested to know what Levein achieved , apart from him almost single handedly destroy our club ?

He got to Scotland manager and first time around we were the first Scottish club to qualify for the Europa league stage.

Its all relative.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Nookie Bear

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So all of a sudden when we get in the big league Robbie wants younger players when he just had a full season where he could have properly blooded a number of younger players but didn’t.

Hmmmm, I'm just wondering if he's trying to get fans 'on board' or win us over for the new season, with what he's saying. But, yeah, I would have liked to have seen a bit more youth given a chance - perfect time would have been this season to bed them in.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Hmmmm, I'm just wondering if he's trying to get fans 'on board' or win us over for the new season, with what he's saying. But, yeah, I would have liked to have seen a bit more youth given a chance - perfect time would have been this season to bed them in.

Exactly.

He must also know that 95% of fans know by now that he just constantly speaks pish

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He got to Scotland manager and first time around we were the first Scottish club to qualify for the Europa league stage.

Its all relative.

isn't he also the last hearts manager to get two 3rd place finishes in a row?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

isn't he also the last hearts manager to get two 3rd place finishes in a row?

Yep I think and Europe 3 season in a row I think.

But anyway he has proven to be yesterday’s man. The point is Neilson is strutting around in a very Levein like manner and he’s only won the Championship twice and another time

by a vote...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Clearly age discrimination even though the employer, through Neilson, says he did a great job, etc., etc.

Isn't there an employment law in Scotland that prohibits such blatant discrimination.

? It's unbelievable the comments Neilson has made about how good Shay Logan is and then fires him. Shocking display of ignorance.

Clearly age discrimination even though the employer, through Neilson, says he did a great job, etc., etc.

Isn't there an employment law in Scotland that prohibits such blatant discrimination.

? It's unbelievable the comments Neilson has made about how good Shay Logan is and then fires him. Shocking display of ignorance.

Bit of a pointless signing at the end of the day.

Would to think he has a centre back lined up if Logan's away.

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Thanks mate. 👍

Hope Cammy Logan gets a chance next season. 

Yeah, I'm very keen to see what he has to offer also.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Bye Shay. If I'm ever in Aberdeen and need my pipes seen to I'll give you a call. 

😮😮 #filth

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don't fancy Smith at RB next season at all. He's slowing up and it shows. Agree with RN's comments in a more general sense though and look forward to some younger, hungrier players arriving.

Been playing through something apparently , however would rather he was in a 3man central defence.

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

No way Halliday is a better left back than Stephen Kingsley.

Agreed

Given how he's played since he arrived, I would have been ok with offering Logan a one year deal. I am equally fine with letting him go. 

Seeing the extra energy and pace in his legs has however convinced me that we need to sign another right back in the summer. Michael Smith still has the brain for it but I think the legs are starting to go. He may need to be shifted to a position that requires less running. 

Likewise on Shay , However Smith has been playing through something apparently.

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Something has changed as I know we had previously been talking to him about staying. Makes me wonder if there’s been a change of plan with Michael Smith?

Is he maybe getting over his health concerns and got that extra season in him? 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Oddly enough that’s what they called the 86 team and they were okay

Its all about balance. If we bring in someone better, fair enough. 

We discussed this a while ago on here as I thought that too but someone said it was the years we yo-yo’d. Its on back from the brink thats why i thought it was 86

Jamhammer
1 minute ago, sadj said:

😮😮 #filth

Been playing through something apparently , however would rather he was in a 3man central defence.

Agreed

Is he maybe getting over his health concerns and got that extra season in him? 

We discussed this a while ago on here as I thought that too but someone said it was the years we yo-yo’d. Its on back from the brink thats why i thought it was 86

Aye I’m sure Wallace says it about the 86 team on that. 

3 minutes ago, rogers said:

Jesus **** thought this thread peaked with sign an older player to balance the defence and let us get a good platform to build confidence to the end of the season fecking arsehole of a club , dont give him a contract fecking arsehole of a club.

Then you say hold ma beer!!!

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Aye I’m sure Wallace says it about the 86 team on that. 

Yeah see thats what I thought , the voiceover def mentions it too. I always thought we had a nice mix in 86 thats when I always think Hearts perform the best. Hopefully the loans this year in an awkwatd season have been beneficial and we see a balance next year 👍🏻

gordon simpson
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Its all relative.

Sorry Tom but I as Hearts supporter whish the born loser we call Levein had never darkend our door  , also feel a Scottish cup win beats anything the guffy Levein achieved 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Cammy Logan can't get a game for Cove Rangers. He needs another loan with game time.

Probably. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

When we signed him most folk went mental and slagged Robbie to bits. Logan has done his job (very well) and is leaving at the end of his contract, now folk are slaggimg Robbie off again. He really can't win, and I'm in the Robbie out camp.

As I've said previously, people are genuinely mentally broken.

colinmaroon
13 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Sorry Tom but I as Hearts supporter whish the born loser we call Levein had never darkend our door  , also feel a Scottish cup win beats anything the guffy Levein achieved 

Some good English class courses online.

"the born loser we call Levein;"

I think you'll find he's called Levein because that was his father's name.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As I've said previously, people are genuinely mentally broken.

I was happy to get a look at Logan. You saw he still has plenty to offer and I expect another side will pick him up, possibly in the prem.

No Idle Talk
26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well if Smith has been playing through something, that would explain the physical deterioration in him towards the end of the season. Not sure where you heard that?

Unless the club are confident they have a youngster on the books who can adequately replace or deputise for Smith at right back, I would say that is a position we could do with adding some cover at. 

5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well if Smith has been playing through something, that would explain the physical deterioration in him towards the end of the season. Not sure where you heard that?

Unless the club are confident they have a youngster on the books who can adequately replace or deputise for Smith at right back, I would say that is a position we could do with adding some cover at. 

We have 

Smith assuming he is staying

Brandon - not sure when he is due back

Logan - prob needs a loan again

If Smith stays and is back to full fitness then Brandon as cover is adequate imo. I think getting the right CBs in to compliment Souttar and Halkett behind Haring is a higher priority. 

Can Kingsley cover at RB as obvs Halliday can cover LB?

tynewater

We were conceding way too many goals, lead at top of league being eroded, so manager signs defender on short term contract to tighten things up and keep us comfortably ahead of rivals. Result - we stop conceding goals, and have a comfortable end to the season. How some people see signing Logan as yet more evidence of our manager's incompetence is beyond me. It would have been negligent to do nothing under the circumstances.

Nothing against Logan, but I'm quite pleased we're not keeping him on. I think it indicates we're going to be a bit more ambitious in finding a new right back. Time will tell.

Nookie Bear
Just now, tynewater said:

We were conceding way too many goals, lead at top of league being eroded, so manager signs defender on short term contract to tighten things up and keep us comfortably ahead of rivals. Result - we stop conceding goals, and have a comfortable end to the season. How some people see signing Logan as yet more evidence of our manager's incompetence is beyond me. It would have been negligent to do nothing under the circumstances.

Nothing against Logan, but I'm quite pleased we're not keeping him on. I think it indicates we're going to be a bit more ambitious in finding a new right back. Time will tell.

Robbie has stated that Smith is going back to his old position. 

jambonian
Just now, rogers said:

He'll be looking at some League 1 or 2 player from down south who's not deemed good enough for the club he's already at. He's not going to give a Premier League experienced player a contract when there's a few freebies around that have next to no knowledge of Scottish football (never mind Premier League) going spare. he was also interested in a Scottish League 1 player at Forfar. That's the target market these days.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So with reference to my earlier post - a complete waste of time and we were right to think it was a mental move by Robbie.

What a twat that guy is turning out to be.

Full of his own self importance and almost as arrogant already as Levein. And Levein achieved way more than Neilson ever will and even then it wasn’t that much.

What did Levein achieve apart from being one of Scotland’s worst ever managers, getting fired at a Leicester, winning absolutely FA as a player and a manager, and single handedly ruining our club?

Edited by Thomaso

Hearts1975

Disappointed with this in all honesty. Was totally against Neilson giving Logan a contract until the end of the season, but tbf I thought he done really well - at least to be offered a one year extension next year 

He seemed to be ideal for the dressing room as well. We could have done with having that type of experience, especially at the back, and going into next season. Not saying it’s a long term move, but wouldn’t have objected to him signing on for the season 

Logan would be great to have on a one year contract brought stability to the defence if we want top 6 he would be perfect to have in the squad

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why - when we only basically needed one game to win the league? What was the actual point? 

The point was simply so that Neilson could deflect blame away from himself, as usual. Piss stained tramp that he is

jambonian
Just now, sadj said:

We have 

If Smith stays and is back to full fitness then Brandon as cover is adequate imo. I think getting the right CBs in to compliment Souttar and Halkett behind Haring is a higher priority. 

Smith will still be number one choice at right-back but from what i've seen of him this season, he's maybe going to need rested occasionally, even more so in a tougher League. i always liked Logan when he played in the Aberdeen team and we could do a lot worse than giving him a years deal. He looked fitter than most of the others even though he'd barely played for Aberdeen this past year or so. I think it's a mistake not to get him in. Cammy Logan seems not quite ready yet to cover for Smith and as for Brandon....he needs to leave. He's been here far too long and never made a position in the team his own. At his age he should be looking for a club to continue his career, a fresh challenge away from the comfort-zone. Shades of Dario Zanatta about it and a wage we can do without. We frked up by not going for Steven O'Donnell when we had the chance and if Logan isn't getting a contract, who is he looking at? A League 1/2 player from down south maybe?

On defenders....we definitely need to find a dominant centre-half from somewhere. Someone young with a bit of quality about him. Depends if Neilson wants to play with a two or a three. I wish we were interested in Dunne. Him and Souttar would've been solid together whether in a two or a three. Far too ambitious for us though, unfortunately.

upgotheheads

He's exactly he kind of player we should have signed years ago, rather than some of the chancers we did under Levein. No nonsense competence, pace, and a good reader of the game, no doubt Levien would have knocked all that out of him though. I can see why his age doesn't fit the recruitment profile though, so fair enough. Hopefully we can get Brandon back fit as cover for that position.

Edited by upgotheheads

I didn't feel bringing in Logan was the right thing to do at the time as we would have won the league in any case.  However,  he made a very positive impression on the team and brought some leadership.    I assumed if he did well, he would stay on a season, otherwise was there really much point in bringing him in for just a few games?   Looks like very good back up for RB or to provide competition next season.   Maybe we have someone else lined up as we need an experienced RB in any event in my view.  Good luck to the guy - clearly has more to offer the game rather than retiring.

Section Q
4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Halliday is actually a better left back.

Judging by his last couple of performances I agree with you.

jambonian
Just now, Gmcjambo said:

I didn't feel bringing in Logan was the right thing to do at the time as we would have won the league in any case.  However,  he made a very positive impression on the team and brought some leadership.    I assumed if he did well, he would stay on a season, otherwise was there really much point in bringing him in for just a few games?   Looks like very good back up for RB or to provide competition next season.   Maybe we have someone else lined up as we need an experienced RB in any event in my view.  Good luck to the guy - clearly has more to offer the game rather than retiring.

When i heard we were taking Logan on loan until the end of the season i was delighted with that. I'd even mentioned way back that Hearts should be looking at getting him if possible, even before we signed Smith. I'd said earlier in the season that Smith really needed a rest but i knew we couldn't because Brandon was out injured yet again. His age, playing in the Hearts team plus going away with Northern Ireland all the time looked like it was taking it's toll in some games. Logan though...i'm pretty sure that Neilson said that he would be looking to see what he offers and if he does well he could be offered a deal next season. Well, he did do well so where's his offer? I think Logan really fancied the move aswell. If Glass doesn't re-instate him into the Aberdeen team next season he'll find another club no problem at all. Just not us.

johnthomas
35 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Disappointed with this in all honesty. Was totally against Neilson giving Logan a contract until the end of the season, but tbf I thought he done really well - at least to be offered a one year extension next year 

He seemed to be ideal for the dressing room as well. We could have done with having that type of experience, especially at the back, and going into next season. Not saying it’s a long term move, but wouldn’t have objected to him signing on for the season 

Yes would have been happy for Logan to sign for a year . Possibly a mutual parting ? Travelling from Aberdeen to Edinburgh every day not great for athletes , not great for anyone .

Decisions being made , people leaving , staying etc 

Always enjoy this . Yes I think we could do better manager wise but we have improved the football backroom team . Think we should now look forward to the new season 

Apologies for any perceived positivity

Tasavallan
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Gonna no dae that.  Just gonna no...

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes would have been happy for Logan to sign for a year . Possibly a mutual parting ? Travelling from Aberdeen to Edinburgh every day not great for athletes , not great for anyone .

Decisions being made , people leaving , staying etc 

Always enjoy this . Yes I think we could do better manager wise but we have improved the football backroom team . Think we should now look forward to the new season 

It looked like and reading from the article that it was Neilson’s decision to let him go. he said he wanted to bring the age down and also move Smith back to RB, his favoured position. The travel thing may have been an issue for Logan. 

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So with reference to my earlier post - a complete waste of time and we were right to think it was a mental move by Robbie.

What a twat that guy is turning out to be.

Full of his own self importance and almost as arrogant already as Levein. And Levein achieved way more than Neilson ever will and even then it wasn’t that much.

I dislike Levein as much as the next Hearts fan but Levein has achieved the grand total of 0. 

To compare the two in terms of achievements is laughable - and Neilson hasn't done much :lol:

Niemi’s gloves

Came in, did a job, doesn’t want to move to Edinburgh and was reported a few months  ago to be training to be a gas fitter as he prepared for life after football. I’d say his best bet is a couple of years part time  at somewhere like Cove Rangers or Arbroath, (followed by a year or two more in the Highland League if he still has the enthusiasm for the game).

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Edinburgh Live has a lot of articles, is it from today, yesterday, last week? 

Google it and see

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Came in, did a job, doesn’t want to move to Edinburgh and was reported a few months  ago to be training to be a gas fitter as he prepared for life after football. I’d say his best bet is a couple of years part time  at somewhere like Cove Rangers or Arbroath, (followed by a year or two more in the Highland League if he still has the enthusiasm for the game).

Cove looking likely as he runs his new business. Reviews aren't great though  :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought he did a good job. 

Interesting that Smith will be at right back, seems to me they have Souttars partner in the bag or why say that? Unlike Neilson to come right out and say that. 

33 though, reasons why he wasn't playing for Aberdeen including a trigger to a new contract,  but he appeared to have gone off the boil.

Happy with Smith back in his old role if they have another decent player lined up for centre back 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, sadj said:

We have 

If you use Kingsley at right back you are pushing a square peg into a round hole. That's not something I ever want to see Hearts doing. I suppose he could do it in an emergency but ideally it's not where we want to be.

The jury among Hearts fans(on here at least) on Jamie Brandon seems to be well and truly out. Some think he's decent, others think he won't make it and we should get rid. He is twenty three now and has only made thirty first team appearances. It is beginning to look like time is against him and he won't break through at Hearts. He may need to go elsewhere to get his career going. I would probably be happier seeing us bring in another right back to compete with Michael Smith for that position.

Did a job for us, thought he looked good for another season but hey ho. He'll probably earn more as a plumber too. 

CloustonHMFC

Sounds like he's been told by Savage or Budge that he needs to lower the age of the squad.

Logan did a job, showed Robbie that 3-5-2 works well for us and now leaves with our thanks. Maybe deserved a years deal but if its not suitable for all parties then we move on. 

Folk so blinded by hatred for Robbie than they fly off the handle at every word he says. Ffs, get a grip man.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Doesn’t look like the main formation that gave us any spark is staying either then...

If you use Kingsley at right back you are pushing a square peg into a round hole. That's not something I ever want to see Hearts doing. I suppose he could do it in an emergency but ideally it's not where we want to be.

The jury among Hearts fans(on here at least) on Jamie Brandon seems to be well and truly out. Some think he's decent, others think he won't make it and we should get rid. He is twenty three now and has only made thirty first team appearances. It is beginning to look like time is against him and he won't break through at Hearts. He may need to go elsewhere to get his career going. I would probably be happier seeing us bring in another right back to compete with Michael Smith for that position.

Yeah thats all probably fair , im not sure about Brandon either (not that this place is bar a few posters a good barometer of whats good or bad) , he lacks consistency but then hes had a lot of ins and outs of the team. I was asking about Kingsley as I didn’t know if he could cover RB or not. Ill take it from your reply its not a position hes played 👍🏻 In that case im 50/50 on bringing in someone , very much depends on Smiths health for me.

Edited by sadj