Shay Logan

lou

upgotheheads

I always liked Logan as player with Aberdeen, competence, a good engine and a good reader of the game, it makes you wonder why we've

been missing that kind of player over he years. With him and Kingsley we should be much more solid in defence next season.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Nookie Bear

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I always liked Logan as player with Aberdeen, competence, a good engine and a good reader of the game, it makes you wonder why we've

been missing that kind of player over he years. With him and Kingsley we should be much more solid in defence next season.

How do we fit Logan and Kingsley in same team?  Logan and GMS look like they are building a good understanding up left. 
good problem to have. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Sid said:

How do we fit Logan and Kingsley in same team?  Logan and GMS look like they are building a good understanding up left. 
good problem to have. 

Surely Kingsley comes in on the left hand side for Halliday.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Surely Kingsley comes in on the left hand side for Halliday.

I would agree but then, where do you fit Halliday? 

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

The bench. Handy guy to have in the squad but shouldn’t be an automatic first choice. Kingsley loses form, in comes Halliday. 

7 minutes ago, Sid said:

I must admit, AH has been working his baws aff for a good while now. Changed my opinion of him. 

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I must admit, AH has been working his baws aff for a good while now. Changed my opinion of him. 

agree with Gin above but you are right too. He’s contributed a lot more recently. Difficult one. But maybe shows a bit of depth in squad. 

Three games in a sub standard division, cannot get a game in a poor Aberdeen side yet gurus on here want to give him a contract, unbelievable.

19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Three games in a sub standard division, cannot get a game in a poor Aberdeen side yet gurus on here want to give him a contract, unbelievable.

We've not conceded a goal in four games since he arrived.

It may not be the highest calibre of opposition but it's as much as you can reasonably expect from a defender over four games.

As far as not getting into the Aberdeen team, defence hasn't been a big problem for them this season - they've got the third best defensive record in the league. Their problem has been not scoring goals.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Jesus Christ 🙈 Aberdeen weren’t playing him as he had a contract trigger for another 12months. By that logic every player ever playing in the championship shouldn’t play any higher?

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Anywhere as long as its not Tynecastle 

The Treasurer

I'm not saying Logan has been bad but I've not seen anything that justifies handing him a longer deal either 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not saying Logan has been bad but I've not seen anything that justifies handing him a longer deal either 

Thanks this place is a poor fantasy football teams dream.

BRAVEHEART1874

he has been playing better than smith which should be a reason enough for the 1 year transfer talk ;)

Dennis Reynolds

He's been a good signing. Can't deny that. I'd rather we actually played players on there positions though rather than moving players about to accommodate other players. Smith should be played at RB and we should sign a CB to play CB. If Smith leaves or is deemed not good enough anymore then by all means, sign Logan but not as back up.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You really don't have much of a clue, do you ?

Do some research before spouting more drivel.

Sorry King Johnno for disagreeing with you, but am afraid that's way I see it, better signing a younger player for me, loads of right backs out there.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ach fair enough. The sun is out, the beer is good, dinner is on the way and I love life. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, mate :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Cheers I respect my elders Johnno!

There’s nothing quite like a happy ending of a Sunday evening to warm the cockles of one’s heart.  🥰🥰

Enjoy your evening chaps.  🍻🥂

I wouldn’t give Shay a contract we need to be building for the future. 

I like the 3-4-3, think it will suit both Ginelly or GMS better by giving them more of a free role as part of a front three. Boyce has good intelligence to play it as well. 

I think Haring and McEneff have the basis of a good partnership. Kingsley on the left. Two new centre halves needed, especially if Smith is indeed leaving. Key to it all though may well be the signing to play on the right, they need to get that one right.  

22 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I wouldn’t give Shay a contract we need to be building for the future. 

I like the 3-4-3, think it will suit both Ginelly or GMS better by giving them more of a free role as part of a front three. Boyce has good intelligence to play it as well. 

I think Haring and McEneff have the basis of a good partnership. Kingsley on the left. Two new centre halves needed, especially if Smith is indeed leaving. Key to it all though may well be the signing to play on the right, they need to get that one right.  

Agree with this. 

Signing Logan seems like another excuse for Neilson not to use the youth. 

12 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

and he can find GMS

The White Cockade

He’s looked good to me 

Solid and reliable and good technically

Shame we didn’t get him sooner but worth a 12 month contract IMO 

Only new signing recently who slotted in to the team well from day one

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree with this. 

No youth to use.

17 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Maybe because Aberdeen haven't a clue.

On 25/04/2021 at 07:09, DG_HMFC said:

Give Neilson credit on this one. He realised the defence was a shambles with Berra and Popescu, so he's brought Logan in and reshuffled the pack for the better. 

Having Souttar back is obviously a big reason why it's working.

I agree DG, BUT (and it’s a huge BUT) Souttar needs to be playing on the right side! Anyone who has played can tell you that everything you do as a defender when facing the ball whether you are jumping for headers, jockeying, receiving the ball, passing etc is determined by your good foot. I really like JS and have always thought that he will captain Scotland at some point but he is very right footed and yet again, we are short of a naturally left sided ball playing central defender like JS. This has been a problem for years and until we sort this out with recruitment, we will struggle to find a back 3 or 4 that looks and plays ‘balanced’. I know Kingsley can play there but I think he gives us really good width out wide in a 3 or a 4. 

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, Sid said:

good problem to have. 

Logan is rb, Kingsley is a lb. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree with this. 

Load of shite, if there is good youth coming through they'll be used. 

Pick players on talent, not age. 

We need a good start next season, we can't be fannying about with experiments and projects. 

Best players play. Age is irrelevant. 

Youth will get a chance if they are good enough. 

Signing logan makes us better at rb as we'll have 2 good options and boosts the central defence instantly. 

A player that hasn't been out the top 4 in 7/8 years, played in Europe and knows Scottish football. 

But nah, he's over 30 so shite..play a  yoooof! 

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The bench. Handy guy to have in the squad but shouldn’t be an automatic first choice. Kingsley loses form, in comes Halliday. 

19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

18 hours ago, Sid said:

agree with Gin above but you are right too. He’s contributed a lot more recently. Difficult one. But maybe shows a bit of depth in squad. 

All correct imo. 

25 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I agree DG, BUT (and it’s a huge BUT) Souttar needs to be playing on the right side! Anyone who has played can tell you that everything you do as a defender when facing the ball whether you are jumping for headers, jockeying, receiving the ball, passing etc is determined by your good foot. I really like JS and have always thought that he will captain Scotland at some point but he is very right footed and yet again, we are short of a naturally left sided ball playing central defender like JS. This has been a problem for years and until we sort this out with recruitment, we will struggle to find a back 3 or 4 that looks and plays ‘balanced’. I know Kingsley can play there but I think he gives us really good width out wide in a 3 or a 4. 

It's a fair point about Souttar and playing on right side.  I think he has to play left just now as Halkett is uncomfortable on that side.  If we sign a new CB would be good to get someone who is comfortable on left so we can get best out of him and Souttar.  

Good player, good attitude, slotted right in, frees up Smith who still has a lot to offer, but maybe not at full-back, one year deal for me.

He's not getting a contract for next year. That's a bit of a disappointment. We've looked so much better with him in the team.

Bad Religion

Good, he’s too old. Never going to progress constantly signing players winding down there careers. 

Robbie:

“He has been brilliant for us since he came in but we have to bring the average age of the squad down. We had the oldest squad in the Championship. That's not Hearts.

“Hearts is about giving young boys an opportunity…”

Reads like a response to KickBack concerns… but the last line is a joke given how this season has went. Binning Moore for Frear for example…

Nookie Bear

Hmmm I appreciate I’ve been banging on about the average age of the squad but Logan has been excellent and we will struggle to find better to fill that right wing back role. 

He still looks very fit as well. 

Maybe someone else in mind or going back to a 4 man defence, so will see. 

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

All the best with the plumbing. Younger models needed, as we've all said & pretty much agreed on here.

Did the job. Nothing more.

He did the job. And showed some of the squad what a job is.