Shay Logan

lou

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Going by what we’ve witnessed in the past with Neilson, Cathro, Levein & Neilson again Logan will probably be offered a 4 year contract on £ 3,500 a week. Does anyone have any confidence in Ann and Neilson. Let’s hope Joe Savage & JJ have a big say on who goes and who stays. Better still Alex Neil decides with Joe Savage.

Alex Neill is in the frame for the Celtic job. He won’t be going anywhere until that job is allocated to someone.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Nookie Bear

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd sign Logan. I'd also sign O'Donnell and let them fight it out between them. O'Donnell can also play right-midfield anyway so it's not a problem. Smith then becomes central in a back three. Brandon's been here too long and needs a new challenge somewhere else. That would be my choice right-backs, Logan and O'Donnell. Once Smith and Logan move on, O'Donnell is number one with young Logan as back-up a couple of years down the line. Plenty time for his development yet.

Has just signed extended contract with 'Well

I’d rather we signed someone younger.....it would be nice to get a team who can grow and play together for more than one transfer window at a time.

But if we really really can’t find anyone else.....I wouldn’t be against giving him a 12 month deal.

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Has just signed extended contract with 'Well

Aw! Oh well....Logan it is.

(wonder if they'd fancy a cash plus player (Roberts) deal?)

Actually....probably not. Logan will do.

Edited by jambonian

12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Alex Neill is in the frame for the Celtic job. He won’t be going anywhere until that job is allocated to someone.

There’s no way Celtic will give Alex Neil the managers job. They’ll be looking for a big personality with European experience because that’s what it is all about for their international exposure.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

With hindsight - having thought Robbie/the club had just gone mental signing him for 5 games - using the emergency loan system for a low risk player to see if he might improve the squad and get him to bed in to the squad before next season (if he joins) has been a pretty smart/clever move. 😳😒

Or a complete fluke 🤔

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

With hindsight - having thought Robbie/the club had just gone mental signing him for 5 games - using the emergency loan system for a low risk player to see if he might improve the squad and get him to bed in to the squad before next season (if he joins) has been a pretty smart/clever move. 😳😒

Or a complete fluke 🤔

I'm going for the fluke option 😁

Japan Jambo
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or a complete fluke 🤔

No question in my mind that this has worked out better than I expected. Interesting to note though that someone hungry for a contract and hasn't played for months immediately hits the ground running but others sitting on multi year contracts take weeks, if not months to get up to speed. Personally I don't think we should be loading up on more older players but if we do please, please stop doling out 3 and 4 year contracts; there is no sell on value to protect and let's face it we aren't signing someone who isn't pretty much fungible.

Hes experienced Pro and still got the legs from what I've seen since hes come in. 

Would be the perfect foil in we had the likes of Paterson breaking onto the scene again but just feels a bit strange with Smith another ageing fullback in there too.

Not against the signing but would prefer the wages spent on areas we need first.

Also read yesterday he plans to continue living in Aberdeen..need a medical on the brain before giving him any more money for comments like that.

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hes experienced Pro and still got the legs from what I've seen since hes come in. 

Would be the perfect foil in we had the likes of Paterson breaking onto the scene again but just feels a bit strange with Smith another ageing fullback in there too.

Not against the signing but would prefer the wages spent on areas we need first.

Also read yesterday he plans to continue living in Aberdeen..need a medical on the brain before giving him any more money for comments like that.

With Smith more than capable of playing CH it makes a lot of sense . Obviously not long term but good transitional signing

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Also read yesterday he plans to continue living in Aberdeen..need a medical on the brain before giving him any more money for comments like that

That was something that set alarm bells ringing when I read it. The experience with Whelan and Naismith being allowed to do recovery sessions at home didn't work out well. 

I'd say no exceptions, every player has to attend every session, including post match recovery sessions, for the benefit of the player and the team.

At 33 I'd offer him a 1 year deal with a large portion of his potential wages being made up of appearance fees. If his level drop or he gets injured, then the club isn't left paying another expensive flop for several years.

The days of Tyncastle being the final resting place for aging players looking to top-up their pension has to stop.

If he doesn't like the look of these terms he can go to Inverness or one of the Dundee teams for lower wages.

40 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

If that's the case, the answer's NO

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If that's the case, the answer's NO

As long as he's prepared to travel for every training session it is his issue and not a problem for the club.

Tommy Brown
On 14/04/2021 at 12:54, jambonian said:

Is he!? Wouldn't have thought Alex Neil would've been high profile enough for them.

Is Eddie Howe?

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

That was something that set alarm bells ringing when I read it. The experience with Whelan and Naismith being allowed to do recovery sessions at home didn't work out well. 

I'd say no exceptions, every player has to attend every session, including post match recovery sessions, for the benefit of the player and the team.

At 33 I'd offer him a 1 year deal with a large portion of his potential wages being made up of appearance fees. If his level drop or he gets injured, then the club isn't left paying another expensive flop for several years.

The days of Tyncastle being the final resting place for aging players looking to top-up their pension has to stop.

If he doesn't like the look of these terms he can go to Inverness or one of the Dundee teams for lower wages.

Every player believes they should be playing. Why is he going to risk his wage on Neilson’s (or whoever) selection. 

Seen it plenty times, a player due a bonus after x amount of appearances, stops getting played.

Like Smith, Logan has looked after his career. He probably has another two years at decent level.

7 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Could be a similar signing to Stephane Mahe. Close to the end if his career but a very good player for us. 

Great player. 

He’s a player alright... according to the chat in Aberdeen he’s been servicing more than the boilers on his plumbing jobs.

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Every player believes they should be playing. Why is he going to risk his wage on Neilson’s (or whoever) selection. 

Seen it plenty times, a player due a bonus after x amount of appearances, stops getting played.

Like Smith, Logan has looked after his career. He probably has another two years at decent level.

I think the resident Sheep on here said earlier in the thread that he's not getting a game at Aberdeen because he has an extension clause in his contract which would be triggered after he played a certain number of games, so Logan will know all about that.

But we've seen others like Hughes and Whelan signing at the twilight of their careers and not being arsed about playing for Hearts, so I think it's right to be cautious about handing out contracts to ageing players who will never play at a higher level.

Added to that, he intends to stay in Aberdeen where he also has his own plumbing business, and I worry that after a while his commitment might wane.

If he's mad keen to carry on playing in the premiership he'll take a low basic/high bonus wage.

On 15/04/2021 at 00:07, DH1986 said:

I’d rather we signed someone younger.....it would be nice to get a team who can grow and play together for more than one transfer window at a time.

But if we really really can’t find anyone else.....I wouldn’t be against giving him a 12 month deal.

This^ hopefully get Callum paterson back ( Ik wishful thinking, but not impossible) and cammy logan as back up at rwb, michael smith to play rcb. 

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Strolled through the game today. I'd sign him for next season, he'll walk into any team outside the top five and be one of their best.

Glamorgan Jambo

He’s the one player we’ve signed that has stuck to the touchline. Which gives us width and space. Just wish we’d got the ball out to him more today.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Defo keep. Better RB than Smith, far more attacking with a better delivery. 

Agree

I like him, he's got a good attitude and has done well. But if Smith is here next year, which he should be, I'd rather Cammy Logan was backup.

However if we seen Smith as someone who could play centre half, midfield and left back as cover you could have the Logan's at right back.

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We did get this one wrong didn’t we...😬🙄

😂

The outrage was :pleasing:

I was always keen to give him a chance. Funny what happens when we actually do that! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, tian447 said:

The outrage was :pleasing:

I was always keen to give him a chance. Funny what happens when we actually do that! 

The outrage was kind of understandable but it would churlish now - if we get him for next season - to accept it was a fairly clever move to get him in, low risk, try him out and see how he fitted in.

If we don’t sign him it will have been completely pointless IMO and we are entitled to be outraged again...

25 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I like him, he's got a good attitude and has done well. But if Smith is here next year, which he should be, I'd rather Cammy Logan was backup.

However if we seen Smith as someone who could play centre half, midfield and left back as cover you could have the Logan's at right back.

Logan has been better than Smith recently. Smith’s performances have taken a dip this season imo. 

colinmaroon
Just now, GinRummy said:

Logan has been better than Smith recently. Smith’s performances have taken a dip this season imo. 

Better today, including one crucial block.

He seems to have done well, i wasn't keen on this signing, but would not be against a 12 month deal, nothing more than that though.

stranraer-jambo

Would be a wrench if he left without us offering him a 12 month deal. Don't think his wages would be a big drain on us. Could be a pipe dream though.

Perhaps our ITK guys could leak us some info.

Libertonian_II
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Defo keep. Better RB than Smith, far more attacking with a better delivery. 

Disagree. Smith far better 

1 minute ago, Libertonian_II said:

Disagree. Smith far better 

Nah. Smith's a better defender, that's why he's playing CB. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Would be a wrench if he left without us offering him a 12 month deal. Don't think his wages would be a big drain on us. Could be a pipe dream though.

:isee:

5 hours ago, stranraer-jambo said:

😂😂

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We did get this one wrong didn’t we...😬🙄

😂

Give Neilson credit on this one. He realised the defence was a shambles with Berra and Popescu, so he's brought Logan in and reshuffled the pack for the better. 

Having Souttar back is obviously a big reason why it's working.