Shay Logan

lou

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The point was if he wasn't playing popescu the bombscare would've played

We’re winning the league anyway.

As an aside, who signed Popescu the bombscare? Neilson is such a shit twat that within six months of doing that deal, he’s having to bring in a 33 year old to dig him out of it.

I’d challenge you to find me a less talented manager.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Nookie Bear

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As an aside, who signed Popescu the bombscare? Neilson is such a shit twat that within six months of doing that deal, he’s having to bring in a 33 year old to dig him out of it.

Totally agree Neilson recruitment has been shambolic ! Popescu, frear Roberts kastaneer and few others jury still out with only Craig Gordon I'd say has been outstanding signing 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'm struggling you win.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He did well, good passer and didn’t just go back to CHs all the time. 

Early on you could see his own good habits or the influence of a different environment he’s came from. Alert, sharp and tried to play positively.  

Edited by Debut 4

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Totally agree Neilson recruitment has been shambolic ! Popescu, frear Roberts kastaneer and few others jury still out with only Craig Gordon I'd say has been outstanding signing 

Gordon has been fantastic. The reality is, though, any man off the street would have seen him as a good signing. Ask Snoreson to use his expertise and knowledge of the market and he’s utterly clueless 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Gordon has been fantastic. The reality is, though, any man off the street would have seen him as a good signing. Ask Snoreson to use his expertise and knowledge of the market and he’s utterly clueless 

We need a big rebuild in the summer and loads dead wood going out the door but we in big trouble if Neilson not removed before he signs more dross 

south morocco
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m sure CG arrived before Neilson was appointed , stand corrected if wrong though 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I’m sure CG arrived before Neilson was appointed , stand corrected if wrong though 

No pretty sure he arrived a week after Snoreson. Might have been negotiated in advance though, I don’t know 

Ibrahim Tall

Logan’s a good player, I don’t think that’s really anyone’s issue tbh. Certainly isn’t mine.

Issue is more that we apparently ‘needed’ to sign a senior and probably well paid player for the sake of winning a league that’s basically already over because Neilson is too much of clueless shitebag to have accommodated a single youth player into the team that should already be battering everyone in this division. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, stotty said:

Just best trying not to improve our team mate eh? 

Not at this stage and not with a 33 year old ffs. Get a proper manager and plan some proper recruitment for the summer. This is a tinpot and totally in keeping with the feeble way we are run.

Unknown user

He's a good player I've always liked him, and he showed that he's still got it today.

But it's Hearts all over just now - we don't have any left backs left, better sign a right back.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not at this stage and not with a 33 year old ffs. Get a proper manager and plan some proper recruitment for the summer. This is a tinpot and totally in keeping with the feeble way we are run.

I think Neilson should go too, but to slag the club off for trying to fix our terrible defence is just total garbage. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, stotty said:

I think Neilson should go too, but to slag the club off for trying to fix our terrible defence is just total garbage. 

Surely signing a right back when we're all out of left backs is worth a mention

2 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Playing in all maroon did not help, especially when play was in the shadow of Main Stand & Norrie McCarthie Stand.

It was like black out & suddenly a Jambo would appear into the sunlight with the ball.

In first half it was more like a Jambo failed to reappear in the sunlight with the ball

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

But we were told when signing Halliday that he could play left back.  

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can only sign what is available. He's a proven Premier league player and he was one of the few to get pass marks today. Halliday can play LB, as can White. We signed Logan so Smith could cover elsewhere, come on man...I'm up for fair critique but slagging off Neilson for trying to strengthen our defence is total nonsense. 

Jambo in Bathgate

He gave Popescu pelters when he sold him short with a slack pass. Put in a couple of good crosses. Unfortunately there were no takers. 

2 hours ago, Bainy said:

Looked ok. But we have a youngster on loan that we could if recalled and given game time in there while smith filled in at cb. Strange signing 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can’t recall him. 

Loan players can only be recalled during transfer windows.

It is confusing with the rules having changed many times and some special rules for Covid.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He was okay. You can tell he's had a manager that has tried to make him confident rather than a ponderous nervous wreck. He'll get to that soon enough though. 

wishawjambo

Thought logan played well today, regarding aidy white there's a player in there but he's got no confidence seen it today and against QoS ball played to him and he turned back and played it back to centre half instead of taking it a hurl think our game might be a bit 100mph for him as well 

25 minutes ago, Tynehead said:

But we were told when signing Halliday that he could play left back.  

He can. I’ve seen him do it. 

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, lou said:

One if not the only positive from today,slotted in well and didn't look any less fit than anyone else on the pitch

Well we can’t have that now can we, I’m sure hearts will drag him down to their level in due course.

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He can. I’ve seen him do it. 

Yeah played left back for rangers. Hardly played midfield for them and mainly a back up to barisic

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Playing in all maroon did not help, especially when play was in the shadow of Main Stand & Norrie McCarthie Stand.

It was like black out & suddenly a Jambo would appear into the sunlight with the ball.

The ref in black didn’t help, thoughtless 😆

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

That’s what I thought. Tried to get the ball forward.

I think he will do well for us . 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Early on you could see his own good habits or the influence of a different environment he’s came from. Alert, sharp and tried to play positively.  

Let’s hope he keeps it up

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Total imposter of a manager ,,,  out!

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Loan players can only be recalled during transfer windows.

It is confusing with the rules having changed many times and some special rules for Covid.

I know that cheers 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, stotty said:

Can only sign what is available. He's a proven Premier league player and he was one of the few to get pass marks today. Halliday can play LB, as can White. We signed Logan so Smith could cover elsewhere, come on man...I'm up for fair critique but slagging off Neilson for trying to strengthen our defence is total nonsense. 

It’s taken him until now though to do it, he’s been able to sign someone since January. The defence has been awful all season, even today the area to attack was between Halkett and White and we were lucky not to concede from them attacking those two. 

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, stotty said:

I'm not slagging him for trying to strengthen our defence, I'm slagging him for strengthening our strongest defensive position instead of where it's needed, I find it very hard to believe that there wasn't a single left back of the desired quality available.

Halliday is ****ing shite by the way.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Craig Gordon is a no brainer he has always been a great Goalie even Neilson couldn't **** that up :rifle:

thecarnbeejambo

5 games to go.. why take a 33 year old on loan.. what does it say about our squad that we cannot cover for kingsley.. or that we dont have an acadamy player that we could bring in for the experience,considering that except for a complete collapse we will win the league. something is far wrong with the footballing set up at our club... why does craig levein keep springing to mind

4 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

5 games to go.. why take a 33 year old on loan.. what does it say about our squad that we cannot cover for kingsley.. or that we dont have an acadamy player that we could bring in for the experience,considering that except for a complete collapse we will win the league. something is far wrong with the footballing set up at our club... why does craig levein keep springing to mind

It doesn't look as though we brought him in to cover for Kingsley,  Was it not so Smith can strengthen the central defence?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

Craig Gordon is a no brainer he has always been a great Goalie even Neilson couldn't **** that up :rifle:

I don’t think it mattered who was manager he was coming back regardless. 

3 hours ago, stotty said:

How did it get so bad in the first place?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think it mattered who was manager he was coming back regardless. 

And if Lennon hadn’t been a prick about it would have been back last January if not the previous close season.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

And if Lennon hadn’t been a prick about it would have been back last January if not the previous close season.

I think Bain was still injured but Lennon being a prick is obviously par for the course. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Don't know what drugs some people are on. Shay Logan was a level above today. Very happy we've signed him. Means we can deploy Smith where we need him.

Independence
11 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

He gave Popescu pelters when he sold him short with a slack pass. Put in a couple of good crosses. Unfortunately there were no takers. 

No wonder, it was a suicide pass when he (Popescu) was under no pressure!

Independence
6 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Don't know what drugs some people are on. Shay Logan was a level above today. Very happy we've signed him. Means we can deploy Smith where we need him.

This , get him signed.

14 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

On a couple of occassions he drove forward with the ball, passed  to another Hearts player - who promptly passed the ball backwards losing all momentum. He looked composed on the ball and was looking for runners, which never materialised.....

Thought he had a good first 30, very positive going forward until he figured out his job wasn't to drive forward or run into space  but pass the ball back to Smith or forward to Irving on condition Irving was facing Smith or Halkett to pass back to.

Quality rant at Popescu's lazy hospital pass in the second half.  Think he may even have stamped his feet.

Edited by DETTY29

13 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Roberts scoring for Motherwell.

don’t think it’s the signings. 

within 2-3 games our signings regress - see McEneff.

14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

That’s what I thought. Tried to get the ball forward.

Well that will get knocked out of him in the next few weeks.

Gordon Ramsay
13 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Logan’s a good player, I don’t think that’s really anyone’s issue tbh. Certainly isn’t mine.

Issue is more that we apparently ‘needed’ to sign a senior and probably well paid player for the sake of winning a league that’s basically already over because Neilson is too much of clueless shitebag to have accommodated a single youth player into the team that should already be battering everyone in this division. 

Spot on.