Eddie Izzard a Funny Guy and Decent Actor

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Like his stand up and I've seen him in a couple of things the new Sky movie being the latest.

Dont get me wrong l,  he's no Adam Sandler 😅 but I like him well enough...

been here before

Not someone Id go out my way to watch but Ive always found him very funny when Ive came across him.

He does a very good James Mason impression and his Darth Vader in the Death Star canteen is funny as.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, felix said:

Not a brilliant Quesion Time contribution, iirc

Never mentioned his/her (Tasio) dodgy political views...

14 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Good contribution 🙄😊

It was indeed a good contribution, imo, since Eddie has said that she wants to be referred to as "she" and "her" now.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/21/eddie-izzard-to-use-female-pronouns-she-and-her

I'm not that fussed with Eddie as a comedian, but that marathon running's something's different - 43 marathons in 51 days with no prior experience of running them - very impressive indeed!

been here before
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was indeed a good contribution, imo, since Eddie has said that she wants to be referred to as "she" and "her" now.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/dec/21/eddie-izzard-to-use-female-pronouns-she-and-her

Not quite.... it depends... it doesnt really matter....

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/eddie-izzard-pronouns-gender-trans-b1797055.html

Carl Fredrickson

I enjoyed her on HIGNFY years ago and some of his stand up was very clever and made me chuckle. I loved the TV show that covered his first multi marathon event thing and loved it. I really warmed to him (as he was known as at that time) and have enjoyed him when she  has played straight roles. Dont know anything about personal life or political views. 

Some of the early stand up stuff with the long bizarre rambling stories is genuinely unlike anything else. In a good way. Maybe not for fans of more mainstream comedy fans though. I’m not imagining any shared fans with Peter Kay. 

Pasquale for King

Last time I saw him on tv he had huge tits 😆. Up to him about all that stuff. 
Can’t be bothered with his politics but seems to be a good guy and getting decent parts. 

Wasn’t much of an actor in the remake of Whisky Galore! If there was an Oscar for Going Through the Motions, he’d have walked off with it.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Some of the early stand up stuff with the long bizarre rambling stories is genuinely unlike anything else. In a good way. Maybe not for fans of more mainstream comedy fans though. I’m not imagining any shared fans with Peter Kay. 

I love those.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm not that fussed with Eddie as a comedian, but that marathon running's something's different - 43 marathons in 51 days with no prior experience of running them - very impressive indeed!

It is! And the money raised for charity too. 

However many of those took over 9hours. And were staggered throughout the day. (10miles morning, 10 in afternoon etc)

Paddy Crossan
On 03/04/2021 at 01:58, Alan_R said:

It is! And the money raised for charity too. 

However many of those took over 9hours. And were staggered throughout the day. (10miles morning, 10 in afternoon etc)

Paddy Crossan

No way did someone with no known running experience, as far as I know, run 43 genuine marathons in 51 days. I started running in early 1980s,  ran loads of marathons, won a few races in my time. I was running around 100 miles per week for several years. He's about as genuine a marathon runner as Jimmy Saville who used to show up at the start and then he'd be at the finish after getting driven there in a car. But at least JS did run a few genuine races, mostly 10ks.

33 minutes ago, Paddy Crossan said:

No way did someone with no known running experience, as far as I know, run 43 genuine marathons in 51 days. I started running in early 1980s,  ran loads of marathons, won a few races in my time. I was running around 100 miles per week for several years. He's about as genuine a marathon runner as Jimmy Saville who used to show up at the start and then he'd be at the finish after getting driven there in a car. But at least JS did run a few genuine races, mostly 10ks.

She did it. Her trick was to run slowly. You were trying to win. She wasn't, she was just trying to finish. Fastest time was 5 hours 34 minutes, slowest 9 hours 45.

Edited by Ray Gin

On 02/04/2021 at 15:07, Konrad von Carstein said:

Good contribution 🙄😊

You started a thread on a transperson you know prefers to go by she/her and use male pronouns the entire time. Come now, this is exactly the contribution you were hoping for. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Dorothy said:

You started a thread on a transperson you know prefers to go by she/her and use male pronouns the entire time. Come now, this is exactly the contribution you were hoping for. 

I honestly didn't know that, is it common knowledge?

On 02/04/2021 at 21:54, Pasquale for King said:

Last time I saw him on tv he had huge tits 😆. Up to him about all that stuff. 
Can’t be bothered with his politics but seems to be a good guy and getting decent parts. 

Certainly sounds like it

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm American and was up to speed, so I would think so. Either way, the response was a bit telling about not caring regardless if they knew or not.

Edited by Dorothy

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Certainly sounds like it

I did notice I had written that, glad someone picked it up 😆. 

Konrad von Carstein
21 minutes ago, Dorothy said:

Are you calling me a bigot Dorothy?

I can assure you that the bit in bold never entered my mind...I had watched 6 minutes to midnight and was impressed by him in that and I also used to enjoy his rambling comedic style, but yeah, you go with me being a bigot...clown!

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Are you calling me a bigot Dorothy?

I can assure you that the bit in bold never entered my mind...I had watched 6 minutes to midnight and was impressed by him in that and I also used to enjoy his rambling comedic style, but yeah, you go with me being a bigot...clown!

Funny that you immediately jumped on that seeing as neither of us who replied said anything like that.

I will say it takes zero effort to say it was a mistake and everyone moves on.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Dorothy said:

Funny that you immediately jumped on that seeing as neither of us who replied said anything like that.

I will say it takes zero effort to say it was a mistake and everyone moves on.

You accused me of looking for a certain type of contribution, I took offence, I explained my reasons for posting what I did...as you say it takes zero effort to say it was a mistake and everyone moves on.

JudyJudyJudy

He’s a fake and whilst I admire his marathon runs everything else about him is fake I wrote this in Facebook regarding his new film and why he is playing a “ guy role “ no doesn’t wirk like that Eddie . 

C26CC230-F96E-4B10-9B0A-302B5076EA0D.jpeg

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He’s a fake and whilst I admire his marathon runs everything else about him is fake I wrote this in Facebook regarding his new film and why he is playing a “ guy role “ no doesn’t wirk like that Eddie . 

C26CC230-F96E-4B10-9B0A-302B5076EA0D.jpeg

Elliot Page has already said they’ll be in the next season of Umbrella Academy. So unless there’s a massive plot twist that’s playing a female part. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Elliot Page has already said they’ll be in the next season of Umbrella Academy. So unless there’s a massive plot twist that’s playing a female part. 

Yes i wrote this several weeks ago.  Yes hes just as bad then.  They know their career is up the spout if they only played trans part yet the viscous trans lobby ( and I mean abusive ones not all) have to problem with this yet as I indicated in my article Halle Berry was abused for even considering a trans role. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i wrote this several weeks ago.  Yes hes just as bad then.  They know their career is up the spout if they only played trans part yet the viscous trans lobby ( and I mean abusive ones not all) have to problem with this yet as I indicated in my article Halle Berry was abused for even considering a trans role. 

In my opinion the trans movement gained hugely from social media at first to make people visible and seen. Now it’s suffering from the same thing as the bampots are coming out the woodwork and are hugely aggressive and abusive to anyone who has even slightly differing views. I read a right old stooshy recently around the argument that if a lesbian doesn’t want to sleep with someone who identifies as female but has male genitals it means they are a woman hating TERF. I’m sorry but that just crazy talk. It’s taking male privilege and hiding it behind a manga unicorn avatar. 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In my opinion the trans movement gained hugely from social media at first to make people visible and seen. Now it’s suffering from the same thing as the bampots are coming out the woodwork and are hugely aggressive and abusive to anyone who has even slightly differing views. I read a right old stooshy recently around the argument that if a lesbian doesn’t want to sleep with someone who identifies as female but has male genitals it means they are a woman hating TERF. I’m sorry but that just crazy talk. It’s taking male privilege and hiding it behind a manga unicorn avatar. 

Exactly the issue I have Tazio.  IM a terf apparently as I only fancy a man with a penis....you know biological men ????

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly the issue I have Tazio.  IM a terf apparently as I only fancy a man with a penis....you know biological men ????

If you ain’t pan sexual you’re cancelled. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If you ain’t pan sexual you’re cancelled. 

Ive been called various insults on various gay related Facebook pages..." Ok boomer" " old privileged white b&&&&&&" etc My usual retort is that the young gays trans etc only have equality and rights due to " us" older gays fighting for them. Bunch of ungrateful so and sos.  They really are a very angry mob. Its very sad what has happened to the LGBT movement in the last 10 years of so. Its been hijacked by the trans and militant pansexual any sexual mob.  

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Ive been called various insults on various gay related Facebook pages..." Ok boomer" " old privileged white b&&&&&&" etc My usual retort is that the young gays trans etc only have equality and rights due to " us" older gays fighting for them. Bunch of ungrateful so and sos.  They really are a very angry mob. Its very sad what has happened to the LGBT movement in the last 10 years of so. Its been hijacked by the trans and militant pansexual any sexual mob.  

Another big trend in the last few months is lots of girls that back in the old non PC days would have called fag hags are now declaring themselves bi and spend all their time bragging about how big a trans ally they are. I’ve spent a lot of my life due to my work knowing and being friends with large amounts of gay people and a lot of them are baffled now. I’m not even sure what queer means anymore. Women in long terms relationships or married with kids are now calling themselves queer despite never having any type of physical contact with another woman. Which makes it even stranger that lesbians seem to be getting it in the neck, I remember when they used to get the piss taken out of them for being political about their sexuality. It all just seems a bit bloody humourless now. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Tazio said:

Another big trend in the last few months is lots of girls that back in the old non PC days would have called fag hags are now declaring themselves bi and spend all their time bragging about how big a trans ally they are. I’ve spent a lot of my life due to my work knowing and being friends with large amounts of gay people and a lot of them are baffled now. I’m not even sure what queer means anymore. Women in long terms relationships or married with kids are now calling themselves queer despite never having any type of physical contact with another woman. Which makes it even stranger that lesbians seem to be getting it in the neck, I remember when they used to get the piss taken out of them for being political about their sexuality. It all just seems a bit bloody humourless now. 

I hate the word " queer" despite most young people liking it apparently. Yes fag hags? whatever happened to them ? Ive still got a few lol You are so right its all so serious and no sense of any humour . No wonder some  trans etc have serious mental health issues. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What sex is he this week? Better get it right or Humza will be calling.

He’s sorry “ they “ are “ gender fluid “ which means they can be whatever they want . This in turns means we can believe whatever we want too then surely ? 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

He’s sorry “ they “ are “ gender fluid “ which means they can be whatever they want . This in turns means we can believe whatever we want too then surely ? 

gender fluid. I have heard it all now. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

gender fluid. I have heard it all now. 

Exactly 

High point: His appearance on Whose Line Is It Anyway circa 25 years ago.

Low point: Wearing a pink beret and making a tit of himself on Question Time more recently.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Rousset1 said:

High point: His appearance on Whose Line Is It Anyway circa 25 years ago.

Low point: Wearing a pink beret and making a tit of himself on Question Time more recently.

Or when he and Jim Murphy were walking along Princes street at the Indy Ref in 2014 . Looked a couple twits ( sorry that’s a low point as well ) 

On 02/04/2021 at 21:40, Tazio said:

Maybe not for fans of more mainstream comedy fans though. I’m not imagining any shared fans with Peter Kay. 

I think you'd be surprised - he was surreal but his story telling was very accessible.

I just have to think of the routine where he's on about being in a shower when it goes freezing when someone turns on a tap downstairs and Eddie's proclaiming "everyone stop playing with taps!" - that's not far off from the sort of thing Peter Kay would joke about.