*****Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ******

cookieboy

29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd like to thank Dunfermline for their lack of coverage and Neilson for his all too predictable fare. With the clocks going back here I enjoyed my extra hour in bed without thinking about what was happening at East End Park.

Spot on Geoff , was actually going to stay up and watch the game (first for a long time ) then that wonderful email came saying it wasn’t on Hearts TV , it actually gave me a warm feeling inside !

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Robbie seems to want a fight every game with the officials. Making a bigger fool of himself. 

It’s basically ready made excuses for his own shiteness 

colinmaroon
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite scary, the full interview is even worse. The club cherry picked the best bits 😆
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/robbie-neilson-gives-decapitation-hearts-20314763

Defensively we did well???

I must have imagined the 5/6 times they could have scored but for a bit of clinical finishing and Craig Gordon.

They had the more clear cut chances without a doubt.

47 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Once again too rigid, slow and predictable. What does Walker have to do to get a game? He’s been our most influential player the past 3/4 games but cannot get a start? 

I think there are many problems at the football club but one I always think of when I see our team is where are the goals going to come from? Not in the terms of nando or Boyce as I think with service they will score goals, but who is going to supply the cross, through ball or cut the defence open? On top of that who is going to break the lines with a forward run, who is going to make a penetrating run, who is going to try something different, who is going to take it by a man, who is going to be creative, who is going to  take the game by the scruff of the neck, who is going to show a bit of creativity.... think I’ve made the point but the answer to all these questions is no one! 

I’ve seen a few comments about us having good players or having a good core of players which to some extent I maybe think as well but they are all too similar! All ‘steady eddy’ types. Complete lack of pace all over the park... how many times did we get beat to a ball or shrugged off with a bit of pace and strength today? I think our good ‘core’ of players are in desperate need of players round about them like what ginnelly was, he had pace and could go by a man. We are just so predictable. All the players we have just like to get the ball to feet and play a nice neat pass to someone else then they do the exact same thing, and it goes on. They are all waiting for something to happen when in reality they will be waiting all day! 

We seem to be to too square, static and lack energy all over the park. Our players should be buzzing around everywhere trying to get the ball and make things happen but we don’t have this type of player, our movement is just so poor and easy to defend against. 

At the start of the season we had ginnelly Lee and sometimes Walker. All provided a goal threat and have assists and goals between them. I wasn’t a massive fan of Lee but his numbers were good which is what you need! When you look at our team these days you just can’t imagine us scoring or creating loads of chances. GMS was obviously meant to be someone who provided something different but it has simply not worked so far!

We will stumble over the line (I hope) but recruitment in the summer is massive as despite most of our team being ‘good’ on paper, it’s simply not going to be good enough next season. I think ginnelly is a must as he’s proved what he can do but we cannot afford more frears and kastaneers! 

I’ll finish on a slight positive... the team are so lucky there are no fans in the stadium

It’s after 11pm on a match day. Love your wordy post. I really do.

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite scary, the full interview is even worse. The club cherry picked the best bits 😆
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/robbie-neilson-gives-decapitation-hearts-20314763

The whole article is a farce : he talks about the defence and in the same breath talks about the "final pass".

It's full of "tells" : he doesn't trust the defence & that's why he signed Logan (nothing against Logan). 

There's no I/we , his first word is "you" : he can't even identify with what he asking asking us to disbelieve. 

I honestly just can't be arsed with his bullshit anymore. 

thecarnbeejambo

can anyone tell me why robbie confronted the ref.at full time...maybe he thought he should have added on 10 minutes

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Defensively we did well???

I must have imagined the 5/6 times they could have scored but for a bit of clinical finishing and Craig Gordon.

They had the more clear cut chances without a doubt.

!00% Colin.

He's busted. 

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s basically ready made excuses for his own shiteness 

Deflecting how bad we are. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The whole article is a farce : he talks about the defence and in the same breath talks about the "final pass".

It's full of "tells" : he doesn't trust the defence & that's why he signed Logan (nothing against Logan). 

There's no I/we , his first word is "you" : he can't even identify with what he asking asking us to disbelieve. 

I honestly just can't be arsed with his bullshit anymore. 

It’s quite scary, they had 4 or 5 good chances and carved the defence open, and we created virtually nothing. What other manager in his position would mention we had 12 shots at goal like it’s some sort of achievement? We’re we away to Barca? My stream was bad but it was a poor Pars team..

8 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

can anyone tell me why robbie confronted the ref.at full time...maybe he thought he should have added on 10 minutes

Getting his post match bullshit sorted.  The "decapitation" penalty claim. It was predicted on here in the match thread. 

part_time_jambo

Peter (Haring presumably) “is one of those players who needs games”. Then why do you keep him out of the team, Robbie?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s quite scary, they had 4 or 5 good chances and carved the defence open, and we created virtually nothing. What other manager in his position would mention we had 12 shots at goal like it’s some sort of achievement? We’re we away to Barca? My stream was bad but it was a poor Pars team..

He KNOWS his bullshit is sussed.  Why else did he have the "12" figure in mind. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Hopefully that’s how many months his pay off will be. 

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Peter (Haring presumably) “is one of those players who needs games”. Then why do you keep him out of the team, Robbie?

Robbie "16 points clear , calm doon"

Fans "we're 16 points clear , play kids, play Haring".

Robbie .......................................................

1 minute ago, Barack said:

12 inches? His wife wishes.

Funny how you & PfK are triggered by "12" 😄

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

‘The best bits’ 😂

Blaming the ref again.   We can have little complaints about them this season.  

8 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

Once again too rigid, slow and predictable. What does Walker have to do to get a game? He’s been our most influential player the past 3/4 games but cannot get a start? 

I think there are many problems at the football club but one I always think of when I see our team is where are the goals going to come from? Not in the terms of nando or Boyce as I think with service they will score goals, but who is going to supply the cross, through ball or cut the defence open? On top of that who is going to break the lines with a forward run, who is going to make a penetrating run, who is going to try something different, who is going to take it by a man, who is going to be creative, who is going to  take the game by the scruff of the neck, who is going to show a bit of creativity.... think I’ve made the point but the answer to all these questions is no one! 

I’ve seen a few comments about us having good players or having a good core of players which to some extent I maybe think as well but they are all too similar! All ‘steady eddy’ types. Complete lack of pace all over the park... how many times did we get beat to a ball or shrugged off with a bit of pace and strength today? I think our good ‘core’ of players are in desperate need of players round about them like what ginnelly was, he had pace and could go by a man. We are just so predictable. All the players we have just like to get the ball to feet and play a nice neat pass to someone else then they do the exact same thing, and it goes on. They are all waiting for something to happen when in reality they will be waiting all day! 

We seem to be to too square, static and lack energy all over the park. Our players should be buzzing around everywhere trying to get the ball and make things happen but we don’t have this type of player, our movement is just so poor and easy to defend against. 

At the start of the season we had ginnelly Lee and sometimes Walker. All provided a goal threat and have assists and goals between them. I wasn’t a massive fan of Lee but his numbers were good which is what you need! When you look at our team these days you just can’t imagine us scoring or creating loads of chances. GMS was obviously meant to be someone who provided something different but it has simply not worked so far!

We will stumble over the line (I hope) but recruitment in the summer is massive as despite most of our team being ‘good’ on paper, it’s simply not going to be good enough next season. I think ginnelly is a must as he’s proved what he can do but we cannot afford more frears and kastaneers! 

I’ll finish on a slight positive... the team are so lucky there are no fans in the stadium

That’ll be the Walker that was anonymous at Brora? 

13 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

A team with a record of two wins in ten games can...........

We can, but we won’t.  We are still shite, though, and our head coach is an idiot. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whoever goes down might give him a job, he’s like these guys down south who are experts at getting teams promoted. 

The James Keatings of head coaching, it would seem.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

‘The best bits’ 😂

It’s like saying Harold Shipman didn’t kill younger patients 😱🙈.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s like saying Harold Shipman didn’t kill younger patients 😱🙈.

😀

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

The James Keatings of head coaching, it would seem.

Definitely. He’s signed a pre contract with Raith, what’s he going to do if the go up 😱😆😜?!?!

Hearts TV post-match interview:

RN says 'When you come to a place like this ...' (What Dunfermline Athletic?!)

They were timewasting from the start and playing for a draw ... (They missed several golden opportunities and we could have lost by 3 goals, FFS!!).

I know I'm sticking the knife in, Robbie, but no more bull please.

Edited by MCW1976

1 minute ago, MCW1976 said:

They were timewasting from the start and playing for a draw ... (They missed several golden opportunities and we could have lost by 3 goals, FFS!!).

He sees no difference between managing Dundee United and Hearts. 

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s funny for most of the season I’ve defended him and wanted him to get time but now I just can’t stand how dishonest and delusional he is in the interviews. I always used to

see it as, he’s just trying to spin things in a pro Hearts way. Fair enough. But now nobody takes anything he says seriously and he unfortunately has become known as just talking out his arse and deflecting from the truth. 

There’s plenty to dislike about Tommy wright but one thing is, he’s a straight shooter in interviews. He comes out with pistols loaded and saying it how he sees it. Just says whatever he thinks. If his goalkeeper has saved a point, he says that. If his team was good, bad or indifferent he says that in the interview.  Neilson is almost the polar opposite, like he’s had media training to lie and be dishonest and try to cook up some fake narrative about the game. Just ****ing be honest, we’ve got Craig Gordon to thank for a point today because our forwards were completely off the mark again and disjointed playing like strangers, that was the truth of the game. 

Gordon Ramsay
51 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Someone please save us from this rambling idiot. 

He's delusional. 

No Idle Talk

I have just sat through the full match replay. Well that was fun. 🙄

When I saw the starting lineup I actually felt optimistic. We were playing 4-2-3-1 again(which I hate) but all the players were being played in the positions they should be played in. So I was hopeful we might put in a better performance. Nope. It was just more of the same. 

Something is broken with this team. I am not saying it is just the formation but I definitely think the formation is not working for us. As I said previously, all the players yesterday were played in the roles they should be played in within that formation. But we still looked poor. That should not be. Add to that, we've been boring to watch and struggling to score goals for a couple of months now. How long must this go on before the manager concedes defeat and tries something different? Yeah we tried playing a diamond in midfield for a few games and it didn't really catch on, but that doesn't mean you just revert back to the formation that wasn't working before. Try something else. Try something different!

We have not scored more than one goal in an away match for over two months now. With the strikers we have at our disposal, that is not on. Not in this division. We have no wins in the last four matches and two wins in the last nine. Something needs to change. How can he not see that?!

I will probably get called a dinosaur for suggesting this but my message to Robbie is, just play 4-4-2. Simplify the whole thing. Get Boyce and Gnanduillet up front working together and playing off each other. I am fed up seeing Liam Boyce near the half way line looking for a pass. Have Andy Irving sitting deep, dictating the play, and allow Aaron McEneff to be the box to box player he was supposedly brought here to be. Play a little more direct. Enough with this passing it across the back four at a snail's pace. All that does is allow the opposition to organise themselves and become harder to break down. It is shite to watch! There is nothing wrong with mixing it up and playing a direct ball to the 6ft 4in striker you signed. Presumably that's why you signed him. Allow him to win flick ons for Boyce and hold the ball up while McEneff runs in behind. It isn't rocket science. It doesn't need to be rocket science at this level. The other teams are not good and you have better players than they do. If you cannot even produce a team that is good to watch under those circumstances then you never will. In which case you should leave Hearts at the end of this season.

Watching Hearts is not fun at the moment. My frustration level with the performances we are putting in is most definitely on the rise. I am also getting fed up with hearing the same wee pocket book of excuses every week in Robbie's post match interviews. Instead of blaming the opposition or the referee,  he needs to be accountable and look in the mirror. He should analyse where HE is going wrong. His 4-2-3-1 masterplan hasn't worked since the first quarter of the season. If he cannot see that, or is just too stubborn to deviate from it, then he has to go. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

ford donald
9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

When I saw the starting lineup I actually felt optimistic. We were playing 4-2-3-1 again(which I hate) but all the players were being played in the positions they should be played in. So I was hopeful we might put in a better performance. Nope. It was just more of the same. 

Something is broken with this team. I am not saying it is just the formation but I definitely think the formation is not working for us. As I said previously, all the players yesterday were played in the roles they should be played in within that formation. But we still looked poor. That should not be. Add to that, we've been boring to watch and struggling to score goals for a couple of months now. How long must this go on before the manager concedes defeat and tries something different? Yeah we tried playing a diamond in midfield for a few games and it didn't really catch on, but that doesn't mean you just revert back to the formation that wasn't working before. Try something else. Try something different!

We have not scored more than one goal in an away match for over two months now. With the strikers we have at our disposal, that is not on. Not in this division. We have no wins in the last four matches and two wins in the last nine. Something needs to change. How can he not see that?!

I will probably get called a dinosaur for suggesting this but my message to Robbie is, just play 4-4-2. Simplify the whole thing. Get Boyce and Gnanduillet up front working together and playing off each other. I am fed up seeing Liam Boyce near the half way line looking for a pass. Have Andy Irving sitting deep, dictating the play, and allow Aaron McEneff to be the box to box player he was supposedly brought here to be. Play a little more direct. Enough with this passing it across the back four at a snail's pace. All that does is allow the opposition to organise themselves and become harder to break down. It is shite to watch! There is nothing wrong with mixing it up and playing a direct ball to the 6ft 4in striker you signed. Presumably that's why you signed him. Allow him to win flick ons for Boyce and hold the ball up while McEneff runs in behind. It isn't rocket science. It doesn't need to be rocket science at this level. The other teams are not good and you have better players than they do. If you cannot even produce a team that is good to watch under those circumstances then you never will. In which case you should leave Hearts now.

Watching Hearts is not fun at the moment. My frustration level with the performances we are putting in is most definitely on the rise. I am also getting fed up with hearing the same wee pocket book of excuses every week in Robbie's post match interviews. Instead of blaming the opposition or the referee,  he needs to be accountable and look in the mirror. He should analyse where HE is going wrong. His 4-2-3-1 masterplan hasn't worked since the first quarter of the season. If he cannot see that, or is just too stubborn to deviate from it, then he has to go. 

RN should be extremely gratefull CG wanted to come back to Hearts,we are sitting top of the league because of him,many many thanks Craig.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. He’s signed a pre contract with Raith, what’s he going to do if the go up 😱😆😜?!?!

😄

I didn't know that.

Francis Albert

I seriously wonder about his mental health. His post match comments get more bizarre every game. If Ann can't bear to sack him perhaps an extended period of compassionate leave on medical grounds?

The team need a huge injection of motivation and confidence and RN clearly can't fix it.

I suspect some of the players won't accept anything that involves hardwork or a change to their comfortable life. Whoever comes in has a massive job to get these players earning their money.

Edited by jambopilms

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Someone please save us from this rambling idiot. 

He's delusional. 

Bit harsh on @MCW1976.

😉

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I will probably get called a dinosaur for suggesting this but my message to Robbie is, just play 4-4-2. Simplify the whole thing. Get Boyce and Gnanduillet up front working together and playing off each other. I am fed up seeing Liam Boyce near the half way line looking for a pass. Have Andy Irving sitting deep, dictating the play, and allow Aaron McEneff to be the box to box player he was supposedly brought here to be. Play a little more direct. Enough with this passing it across the back four at a snail's pace. All that does is allow the opposition to organise themselves and become harder to break down. It is shite to watch! There is nothing wrong with mixing it up and playing a direct ball to the 6ft 4in striker you signed. Presumably that's why you signed him. Allow him to win flick ons for Boyce and hold the ball up while McEneff runs in behind. It isn't rocket science. It doesn't need to be rocket science at this level. The other teams are not good and you have better players than they do. If you cannot even produce a team that is good to watch under those circumstances then you never will. In which case you should leave Hearts at the end of this season.

Fair assessment. 

12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The Brora players needed games, it didn't stop them, so how can he use it as an excuse here? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

😄

I didn't know that.

Me either until someone mentioned it on here when Berra signed for them, good luck catching those hoofs James 😆.

49 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I like that! 

🙂

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me either until someone mentioned it on here when Berra signed for them, good luck catching those hoofs James 😆.

😊

Berra is an old style centre half, stopper. Not a modern day ball playing centre back

Not his fault he was asked to play as one

16 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Berra is an old style centre half, stopper. Not a modern day ball playing centre back

Not his fault he was asked to play as one

Was an old style centre half.