Best April Fools

robroy1874

One I always remember was played out against my next door neighbour by his wife and kids. He was quite obsessive about his perfect lawn. Kids dug up some earth from the back borders and put several little mounds of earth on the front lawn like mole hills.

Scotsport in 1983.

Reported that Italy, the World Champions, had backed a campaign for the 1986 tournament to be switched to Scotland and it was almost certain to happen.

I was 15. 

Hook, line...

Also recall that in 1990 it was announced that, in light of a recent 1-0 win v. Argentina, the two countries would swap groups for the upcoming World Cup finals. New venues, cities etc. and a lot of punters, who had already booked, panicked. 

The SFA had a lot of enquiries and the jokers (don't recall who) were slated for the distress they caused.

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Panorama spaghetti trees.

Rest have been shit.

The dotnut thread today was crap.

Knew before I opened it that it was a prank.

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Best April fools, aye?

2/4/2006

Hearts 4 v 0 Hibs.

surely 19/5/12v 5-1 or is that just unbelievable?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

surely 19/5/12v 5-1 or is that just unbelievable?

It’s unbelievable that it wasn’t 10-1.

We had them on a plate.

My mate got a call from his dad this morning.

”I’m in town and your mum has fallen at home. Can you get round there”?

He was getting his shoes on panicking when his dad phoned back and said “April Fool” 😀

51 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

My mate got a call from his dad this morning.

”I’m in town and your mum has fallen at home. Can you get round there”?

He was getting his shoes on panicking when his dad phoned back and said “April Fool” 😀

Classic.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Best April fools, aye?

2/4/2006

Hearts 4 v 0 Hibs.

I think there is a 1st April 6-0 defeat to someone but not that lot.  

I think Celtic best us at Parkhead in 82ish

1 April 1989 was a belter.

Hearts 2 Hibs 1.

We hadn't beaten them for 18 months (6 games) since the end of the 17 without defeat and that day we embarked on 22.

Robbo, gleefully, got us back on track.

:4_1_72:

I remember the Hibby squealing with joy at the time with their wee, in-between, run.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Remember a Cafe being built on top of Ben Nevis causing a stir.

There is an observatory and building on top of Ben Nevis 

Many years back on Scotsport they filmed a clip on a golf course where they introduced a revolutionary new Driver made of rubber 😂

1 hour ago, stevie said:

Many years back on Scotsport they filmed a clip on a golf course where they introduced a revolutionary new Driver made of rubber 😂

I remember that one and I'm pretty sure they had another one, possibly the following year where they had a golf ball that you could make jump in the air if it got lost in heavy rough.

15 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I think there is a 1st April 6-0 defeat to someone but not that lot.  

I think Celtic best us at Parkhead in 82ish

If it’s the game I’m thinking of, I was at it, and Colin More had an absolute shocker of a match.  No surprise there!

4 hours ago, stevie said:

Bernard Gallagher if I remember rightly.

Apparently inundated with calls asking where people could buy one 😂

Auldbenches
59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If it’s the game I’m thinking of, I was at it, and Colin More had an absolute shocker of a match.  No surprise there!

I wasn't there, can just remember having to face the glory hunters at school the morning after. 

I should look it up, but I think we were in the first division at the time.  

Doctor FinnBarr
19 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Remember a Cafe being built on top of Ben Nevis causing a stir.

It was to rotate like the Post Office tower.

Салатные палочки

My sister bought some fake dog shite one year. April 1st was a Sunday and we put it down on the living room carpet then woke my mum and dad up to tell them. My dad, probably nursing a hangover flipped his lid. "YA ******* DIRTY WEE ******* AM ******* SICK A YE YA SMELLY WEE ****". He had already thrown the poor dug out the back door before we could say it was an April fool. Me and my sister just stood there like :wow:

I think we took him an extra long walk that day to jump in the burn because he felt bad about it :laugh2:

22 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My sister bought some fake dog shite one year. April 1st was a Sunday and we put it down on the living room carpet then woke my mum and dad up to tell them. My dad, probably nursing a hangover flipped his lid. "YA ******* DIRTY WEE ******* AM ******* SICK A YE YA SMELLY WEE ****". He had already thrown the poor dug out the back door before we could say it was an April fool. Me and my sister just stood there like :wow:

I think we took him an extra long walk that day to jump in the burn because he felt bad about it :laugh2:

At least you owned up to it. Could have been a permanent jump in the burn in a nice hessian jaiket by the sounds of it.