Do lives matter

Sharpie

Its interesting the news this morning. The main feature of course is the Floyd case. The source of Black Lives Matter demonstrations, protests and a myriad of actions in support. Of course Black Lives Matter, but it was interesting to see another case of racism reported. The victim  an elderly, late seventies Asian lady who was beaten on a City street in New York and left crying and bleeding. The attacker was arrested he is a parolee who killed his mother about seventeen years ago, he was recently given a life parole by the State of New York. During the beating he advised the elderly Asian victim she didn't belong and should get out of the Country. The accused strangely enough is a member of the community who's lives matter, I guess there are racists in all communities.

Edited by Sharpie

There are indeed racists in all communities, and there are also races who are discriminated against more than others. Our aim should be to highlight and reduce all racism and racism-caused discrimination. The fact that a specific racist was black doesn't conflict in the slightest with that aim, it merely accentuates the continuing need to combat racism in all its forms.

Nucky Thompson

I used to do some work for a lassie from Manchester with Pakistani heritage. All should did was moan about the amount of eastern Europeans taking over our country. She was also Royalist to boot :biggrin2:

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I used to do some work for a lassie from Manchester with Pakistani heritage. All should did was moan about the amount of eastern Europeans taking over our country. She was also Royalist to boot :biggrin2:

My ex father in law a fanatical royalist, union flag waving, Tory, and he has no time for immigrants as they’re “ruining our country” 

He’s Lebanese and only has a British passport as his first wife was English. His 2nd wife was Norwegian. Irony isn’t his strong suit. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

There are indeed racists in all communities, and there are also races who are discriminated against more than others. Our aim should be to highlight and reduce all racism and racism-caused discrimination. The fact that a specific racist was black doesn't conflict in the slightest with that aim, it merely accentuates the continuing need to combat racism in all its forms.

Probably badly but that is the point I was trying to get at. 

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Why can't people just get along?

Because upwards of 80% of folk are total arseholes.

Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The world and its human inhabitants are indeed very complicated.

Complicated John? You’re being very kind.

I’d suggest arrogant, ignorant, lazy, selfish, greedy and stupid.

The brain is hard wired to see the world in 2s. 

Opposition and discrimination come more naturally before unity. 

People fighting for their own rights seems to have changed things more than enlightened policies. 

People can just do their best. For example I'm possibly influenced more by the hardened attitudes and reasons for black people not taking the vaccine which raises lots of questions than say George Floyd being killed.