31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote

David McCaig

31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote  

687 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be sacked as the Hearts Manager with immediate effect?

LarrysRightFoot

Vote yes. IMO he is clearly not the man for the job. A dinosaur - surprising given he is a young manager. We need someone with positivity, identity, attitude, desire and most importantly of all a clue! 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• David Black

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Vote yes. IMO he is clearly not the man for the job. A dinosaur - surprising given he is a young manager. We need someone with positivity, identity, attitude, desire and most importantly of all a clue! 

He must be the youngest manager to be a dinosaur.

What a sad state of affairs.

An absolute joke.

No Hearts manager should survive a defeat to Brora Rangers.

I fully expect him to leave the club at the seasons end.

He can put back to back promotions on his cv and get a job with Dundee/Dunfermline/Falkirk

30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

An absolute joke.

Look who is mentor was?

An absolute joke of a situation. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Chances are we're going up anyway Neilson or no Neilson so as i said, it gives time for a new manager to assess the squad so that he knows who's needed. They could put Jeffries in charge 'til the end of the season, or Locke. It's only a few games and they'd likely give the passengers in the team the boot up the proverbial they need. As for the point on the club being a basket case, it is and will continue to be if money is given for Neilson to recruit again in the summer. More Frears and Kastaneers will have us near the bottom and he'd end up sacked anyway. Then we have to start all over again. So what does it matter if we wait until the end of the season or release his services now? Every transfer window we need to rebuild. Not just one or two here and there, half a squad. So he stays on next season and recruitment fails once again. We'll be stuck in the same situation, shite play and that'll be very likely with lost income through lower season tickets sales and FoH contributions. Crap players, crap training, the last thing we need against better teams. That can only go one way and it needs to be stopped now, not October/November when we will have to recruit a new manager and yet again more players in January '22.

Frear was a squad player on a one year deal and Kastaneer a last gap replacement for Ginnelly injury. 

Some pish spoken to justify this argument.

What do you know about training,  expecting a detailed response, not more wishy washy pish. 

I get it, people want to criticise, and so they should but at least some sort of constructive criticism. 

Personally the inability to motivate the squad is far worse than his signings., in my opinion. 

Brighton Jambo
On 31/03/2021 at 15:39, tartofmidlothian said:

Not with immediate effect, we're in a strange position where it would change nothing right now and only serve to punish him. Change is needed right through the club in the summer, but I'd let a cup-winning player stay for five more games, pick up the trophy and leave with dignity at season's end.

Although that could change in a game or two, if we don't start winning.

This is where I am.  Let him secure the promotion so he at least has done his job for the season and got us back up.  Then change swiftly so the new manager has the summer to plan and sort the squad.  

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Frear was a squad player on a one year deal and Kastaneer a last gap replacement for Ginnelly injury. 

Some pish spoken to justify this argument.

What do you know about training,  expecting a detailed response, not more wishy washy pish. 

I get it, people want to criticise, and so they should but at least some sort of constructive criticism. 

Personally the inability to motivate the squad is far worse than his signings., in my opinion. 

Not unusual to see bones picked out of a post to suit a desperate reply, in this case the Frear and Kastaneer part because, every player is a squad player, including those on a one-year deal. And if not, what does that make Damour? You think that there won't be any one-year deal players coming in or squad players as you put it?

On training....i've seen it and it's pretty much exactly what you see on the pitch during a game....except slower (didn't know that could even be possible) but you're correct when you say "inability to motivate the squad" which defeats your argument straight off. If he can't motivate as you say then he needs kicked out now and give someone else a chance to boot their arses and extra time to work out what we need for next season. Or, like i say, do we wait until October/November time to release him from his position and find another manager then? We're then back to even more new players for the new manager come January, where does it end? End it now. I wouldn't trust Neilson to go back into the transfer window and end up wasting even more money. Would you? And if season tickets sales etc drop badly then there'll be even less cash coming in so worse or at best, similar tripe to what we already have.

There has to be an end to it all at some point so sooner rather than later would be a better option. 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

This is where I am.  Let him secure the promotion so he at least has done his job for the season and got us back up.  Then change swiftly so the new manager has the summer to plan and sort the squad.  

That's the point though, he won't go at the end of the season. If he does get us up, why would Budge get rid and go through recruitment again?

A few weeks ago i voted to let him continue to the end of the season but from what i've watched over the last few weeks i changed to release him now. Start the recruitment process now, not when the Euro's are on or after that.

Edited by jambonian

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's the point though, he won't go at the end of the season. If he does get us up, why would Budge get rid and go through recruitment again?

A few weeks ago i voted to let him continue to the end of the season but from what i've watched over the last few weeks i changed to release him now. Start the recruitment process now, not when the Euro's are on or after that.

If you believe what is written on here the recruitment process has started.  They are not mutually exclusive.  You can have a new manager lined up and still let Robbie see out promotion.  

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

You can have a new manager lined up and still let Robbie see out promotion.  

Fingers crossed.

Just now, DH1986 said:

I genuinely can’t believe 78 supporters have said they don’t want him sacked 😂

Robbie and his 77 aliases.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I genuinely can’t believe 78 supporters have said they don’t want him sacked 😂

They're not hearts supporters anyway mate.

My view has softened over the last week. Robbie is only partly to blame but his signings have mostly made us worse. But it's not easy to attract good players into the championship. I still think a change is needed.

4 hours ago, henryheart said:

Brora 2 Hearts 1

Brora 1 Stranraer 3

Says it all. 

FB71BBAE-3937-4186-BE14-D0A13E770142.jpeg

On 31/03/2021 at 15:21, sandylejambo said:

If it's purely because it's expensive, would the troops chuck in a tenner a head in to pay this management team of?

I’d happily chuck in a tenner 

Edited by Russ1977

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

No still rising though 

0-0 draws will do that

28 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’d happily chuck in a tenner 

Me too.

this is utterly tragic stuff we are having to endure. I’ve got to the stage where I’m probably not going to renew next season which is really tragic. I can’t stand the thought of watching his football. I can’t be bothered anymore as I detest the style of play. I’ve already cut my FOH sub to the minimum. Sad days

waynefozzie

Aye, Robbie should go, but if that's the only change then we might as well keep him. The problem at the club isn't (just) the manager and it isn't (just) the players. Over the last few years we've had several managers and scores of players and - apart from a few exceptional performances - we have been consistently dire. Getting another manager and signing another dozen footballers with good CVs won't make any difference unless we deal with whatever it is that's rotten at the core of the club. Budge out is the conversation we need to be having.

On 02/04/2021 at 16:25, The Real Maroonblood said:

An absolute joke.

Neilson just can’t do the job it’s obvious for all to see. Dunfermline missed 3 sitters against us and Craig Gordon made a fabulous save and what did Neilson do ? He moaned about the referee. He has the ability to make a good player worse and that is his talent I mean if only he could help a good player get better. Our support is a mixture of being angry, sad, frustrated, depressed, helpless and letdown by Ann Budge’s inability to sack another of her managerial mistakes.

Ann Budge needs to realise that she has made herself the problem by he inaction and she must start putting our support first for a change because for all there backing they deserve better than the poor managers that she has employed. If she has to break her word to Neilson so be it because he has shown he can’t do the job.

Geddyalexneil

Can we have another poll so I can vote "YES" to him being fired again?

Happy to keep voting till he sods off!

David Black
12 hours ago, waynefozzie said:

Aye, Robbie should go, but if that's the only change then we might as well keep him. The problem at the club isn't (just) the manager and it isn't (just) the players. Over the last few years we've had several managers and scores of players and - apart from a few exceptional performances - we have been consistently dire. Getting another manager and signing another dozen footballers with good CVs won't make any difference unless we deal with whatever it is that's rotten at the core of the club. Budge out is the conversation we need to be having.

Certainly is. Budge is now the main problem. If she stays the club and the support will fracture. If she truly has the good of the club at heart, she should stand down when the shares are transferred. 

Edited by David Black