31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote

David McCaig

31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote  

687 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be sacked as the Hearts Manager with immediate effect?

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Who says the dust has settled? It definitely hasn't for me, or plenty others! 

Get Robbie out now!! 

Also, as much as I would like to see Alex Neal given a chance, it would annoy me as much as Stendel with the amount of fans who can't spell his surname properly! :lol: 

Nealson gtf.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• David Black

HEARTS FOREVER

He's completely lost the support of the fans. The football he has dished up has been brutal. Far too cautious. The players he has personally brought in have been mainly poor. Him remaining at the club is causing more damage than good now, Budge needs to cut him loose and her next appointment need to get results or she herself will be hounded out the club and undo all the good work behind the scenes she has done. The football under her tenure has been dire and the money wasted had been incredible. I hope the fans give her more time to get it right .

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:seething:

:lol:

To be honest I’m still the same.

I’ll not mellow much until that clown has gone.
Her as well.

Randy Marsh
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

To be honest I’m still the same.

I’ll not mellow much until that clown has gone.
Her as well.

It's ridiculous we're even having this debate.  We just suffered the most embarrassing defeat in the clubs history to a Highland League team that hadn't played a match in 2 months.  It is arguably the most embarrassing cup exit in Scottish football history.  I mean the player that scored the winner had just finished his shift at Greggs FFS. 😂

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It's ridiculous we're even having this debate.  We just suffered the most embarrassing defeat in the clubs history to a Highland League team that hadn't played a match in 2 months.  It is arguably the most embarrassing cup exit in Scottish football history.  I mean the player that scored the winner had just finished his shift at Greggs FFS. 😂

I agree.

She’s hoping it will all blow over.

I never thought that I would get to the stage that I can barely mention her name.

Not yet. Immediate priority should be to win the league. I'd rather avoid the disruption of a sacking until the league has definitely been won. 

(abstained)

Why don't we have performance related contracts for our management team? Something like year 1, promotion to premier League, year 2 top 6 in premier league.  If knocked out if any cup competition by a team below the premier league being an option for the board to terminate contracts.  Under Budge's tenure we have been an easy option for under achievers.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Thats fair enough, I'll probably look to run another poll once the league title is wrapped up asking the question should Robbie be our Manager next season?

I'd be happy for him to go now and ask someone (Naismith? with McCulloch) to take us until the end of the season.

But I suspect they will give him until promotion and see if the  'players' start responding to him. I think we are past that point.

To follow up the Brora result with such an abject performance and result against QOS tells you there needs to be a complete culture and attitude change before next season. Neilson going is central and essential to that. He’s not the only one. We’ve got half a dozen wage thieves in the squad, some with big names who are starting frequently. We have a ludicrous number of senior managers and executives who don’t seem to have an essential core role or who overlap their role with others. We have an academy that’s soaking up money and producing nothing. The new FOH board has a massive task on its hands and will need to make several ballsy decisions the day they walk in the door.

Edited by JimmyCant

The Real Maroonblood

Thats fair enough, I'll probably look to run another poll once the league title is wrapped up asking the question should Robbie be our Manager next season?

Thanks for the warning.

Hackney Hearts

Neilson is gradually inspiring a greater degree of faith - over 10% now - on the back of this current unbeaten run (five days without defeat).

1 hour ago, keifrb said:

Why don't we have performance related contracts for our management team? Something like year 1, promotion to premier League, year 2 top 6 in premier league.  If knocked out if any cup competition by a team below the premier league being an option for the board to terminate contracts.  Under Budge's tenure we have been an easy option for under achievers.

1 year rolling contracts would be better. If it was good enough for Sir Alex then it's good enough for every other manager. But all too happy to be sacked and paid thousands/millions for it.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Robbie to stay above the 10% mark now !!

:wow:

There's no way back for him if we're honest. He's got an everest to climb. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No point now, end of season is the time. 5 games left really what value, none other than bloodlust 

feedtheroman2

3 or 4 if the worst results in the history of our club are down to him. 

Should never have been brought back and has to go.

I struggle to understand why the club (or Robbie at least) seem to blame 'previous regimes' at the club - yet as far as I can see no specific elements or root causes have been called out. Aside the gaffer, the 'regime' is much as it was.

So what are they actively tackling - what is the resolution they are targeting and how?

Youth not coming through, shocking signings, contract lengths, the fact we seem to want to sign lots of aged players who see Hearts as 'one last premier level pay day' of a job rather than an opportunity to achieve something. IS it training, is it fitness, it is tactics, is it spend on the pitch level infrastructure to develop football not just restaurants...

Correct me if I am wrong, but has ANYTHING been proposed under the banner of 'what we are tackling to resolve problem X'?

Infuriating. As far as I can see, without any of that being tackled any gaffer is doomed, but I still think he is devoid of any 'lions roar', he's as passionate as a threesome with Levein and Cathro

Ron Burgundy

Robbie to stay above the 10% mark now !!

Every single one is at the wind up. 

Ted Hastings

I have voted no, as some others have alluded to above purely for the fact that there are 5 games to go before the end of the season. Even some of the best managers in the world wouldn't be able to come in at this stage and turn things around that quickly and i think a new man coming in would benefit with a clean slate at close season rather than starting off with this current shambles.

It also, if Neilson doesn't arrest our plummeting form in the next 5 games, adds more weight to the argument that he should go and puts more pressure on Budge.

I hate that Budge has once again recruited a manager with close affiliations with the club, it makes everything have an extra layer of sentimentality for me, when football is usually such a ruthless business. The football has been absolutely dire though, top of the league or not.

Edited by Ted Hastings

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

I have voted no, as some others have alluded to above purely for the fact that there are 5 games to go before the end of the season. Even some of the best managers in the world wouldn't be able to come in at this stage and turn things around that quickly and i think a new man coming in would benefit with a clean slate at close season rather than starting off with this current shambles.

It also, if Neilson doesn't arrest our plummeting form in the next 5 games, adds more weight to the argument that he should go and puts more pressure on Budge.

I hate that Budge has once again recruited a manager with close affiliations with the club, it makes everything have an extra layer of sentimentality for me, when football is usually such a ruthless business. The football has been absolutely dire though, top of the league or not.

And what happens if he scrapes 5 wins against piss poor opposition. It just gives Budge more reason to stick her head in the sand. He should walk right now. He doesn't deserve to be in that dug out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

And what happens if he scrapes 5 wins against piss poor opposition. It just gives Budge more reason to stick her head in the sand. He should walk right now. He doesn't deserve to be in that dug out.

She already looks like she’s decided to stick with him, which is no surprise. I feel pretty sure he’ll be our manager next season which is just :rofl:but if truth be told, every season with Budge involved will be a write off anyway so what does it matter

8 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Neilson cup games as a manager 0-7 v Celtic 2-2 v hibs 1-0 v hibs replay 2-1 v Brora Rangers

0-7 was Locke.

Ted Hastings
8 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Neilson cup games as a manager 0-7 v Celtic 2-2 v hibs 1-0 v hibs replay 2-1 v Brora Rangers

Gary Locke was the manager in the 0-7 game but in fairness you also missed out going out to Livi in the league cup in the championship winning season when he played our youth team, going out to Alloa 0-1 this season as well. 

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Zero expectation of a new Manager initiating an immediate turnaround, which is why they should be given as much time as possible.

Ted Hastings
8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Well that is the flipside, but can you honestly see that happening? If there was ever going to be a reaction after the Brora debacle it would have been the next game against QOTS and i didn't see one bit of it, bar Liam Boyce's performance. They're not playing for him.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Ted Hastings said:

Gary Locke was the manager in the 0-7 game but in fairness you also missed out going out to Livi in the league cup in the championship winning season when he played our youth team, going out to Alloa 0-1 this season as well. 

We went out of the League Cup to Celtic at Parkhead that season.  The Livi defeat you mention was in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup.

Ted Hastings
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Zero expectation of a new Manager initiating an immediate turnaround, which is why they should be given as much time as possible.

Suppose it would give more time to identify the small pool of players actually worth keeping.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We went out of the League Cup to Celtic at Parkhead that season.  The Livi defeat you mention was in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup.

Ah yes, you're right. Forgot we were in that cup as well that season. Suppose i could have chucked the europa league qualifier defeat against the Maltese team in as well. His cup record really is dire.

Edited by Ted Hastings

11 minutes ago, leginten said:

0-7 was Locke.

10 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Don't know why I keep thinking it was Neilson who was manager in the cup against Celtic must be old age 

Apart from the Hibs semi-final win - which, to be fair, was a tremendous achievement and showed he had learned at least one thing since his previous spell as manager - his record in all cup competitions has been poor. Trying to think of anyone he has beaten apart from Stenhousemuir, Hibs (once, obviously) and the Estonian no-hopers we played before the Maltese team came calling. Then again, I think he has faced Celtic three or four times in cups.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

No point now, end of season is the time. 5 games left really what value, none other than bloodlust 

It would give a new manager a bit extra time to assess the squad. It also might give us a head start on player inquiry to agents etc. If, as some people say, the players are not playing for Neilson then maybe they might take to a new manager with fresh ideas. Let's say Neilson does leave at the end of the season. How long will it take to recruit a new manager? After the Euros? Then on top of that, players we might have wanted to go for have signed for someone else. The earlier a new manager is in the door the better for everyone including some of the current players who might be excited to see what a new man can bring. Different training drills, something they may enjoy or take to. A lot of the squad we have is Premier material but they aren't showing it. Maybe they are after Robbie leaving also.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Livi put us out the challenge Cup not league cup, Celtic put us out the lc, 3-1 at parkhead iirc, we missed a penalty at 1-1.

That is off memory tho, could be made up. 

He should go now - not at the end of the season.

Results and performances would be better with no one in charge, let Naismith/Gordon pick team.

Edited by teamof1958

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I know folk keep talking about Greggs, but both scorers are electricians. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It would give a new manager a bit extra time to assess the squad. It also might give us a head start on player inquiry to agents etc. If, as some people say, the players are not playing for Neilson then maybe they might take to a new manager with fresh ideas. Let's say Neilson does leave at the end of the season. How long will it take to recruit a new manager? After the Euros? Then on top of that, players we might have wanted to go for have signed for someone else. The earlier a new manager is in the door the better for everyone including some of the current players who might be excited to see what a new man can bring. Different training drills, something they may enjoy or take to. A lot of the squad we have is Premier material but they aren't showing it. Maybe they are after Robbie leaving also.

Definitely. The players clearly aren’t enjoying playing for him no matter what Halkett says. 

SM Sheffield
5 hours ago, Stupidheid said:

Not yet. Immediate priority should be to win the league. I'd rather avoid the disruption of a sacking until the league has definitely been won. 

(abstained)

That’s where I’m at now too. The time for the bullet was right after the Brora game but now we need to get the league over the line. I’m still not convinced that Neilson is the man for the job and realistically I’d be happy to see him gone.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

To follow up the Brora result with such an abject performance and result against QOS tells you there needs to be a complete culture and attitude change before next season. Neilson going is central and essential to that. He’s not the only one. We’ve got half a dozen wage thieves in the squad, some with big names who are starting frequently. We have a ludicrous number of senior managers and executives who don’t seem to have an essential core role or who overlap their role with others. We have an academy that’s soaking up money and producing nothing. The new FOH board has a massive task on its hands and will need to make several ballsy decisions the day they walk in the door.

It is just how soft a club and how acepting of defeat we are under Budge.  We got horsed 5 nil by ****ing Livingston.  Did the players get angry? No, next game we were a goal down to the sheep inside a minute or something.

Just now, SM Sheffield said:

That’s where I’m at now too. The time for the bullet was right after the Brora game but now we need to get the league over the line. I’m still not convinced that Neilson is the man for the job and realistically I’d be happy to see him gone.

Yip. Look what happened because we let Levein continue after an embarrassing thumping from Livingston. Surely lightning can't strike twice!?

Now, i'm not saying that we should be looking to get Alex Neil or Derek McInnes in but, if people like that are available at the moment then surely it has to be looked at? If Neilson does end up going, these two may already be in a job and we're back to names being thrown into a hat. It's like Hearts just don't have any foresight. Been the same with players, we see players play really well against us and against other teams yet we don't seem to make any effort to try and sign them. I personally wouldn't trust Neilson to go into the transfer window with another wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket. My fear is that Savage will be looking at the lower echelons of English football and we'll end up signing some more Kastaneers and Frears. I also read today that Berra looks like he'll be here next season. The Hearts retirement home is alive and well.

Psychedelicropcircle

Neil Lennon-esque is Robbie right now he’d say his outlook is positive but really only a matter of time until it’s GTF day! nowt personal,  just not up to the task!

Just now, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Neil Lennon-esque is Robbie right now he’d say his outlook is positive but really only a matter of time until it’s GTF day! nowt personal,  just not up to the task!

As soon as Rangers 2012 won the Prem he was going anyway.  The difference between the two is that Lennon can say positive this, positive that....he knew. Neilson on the other hand has had Budge saying he'll be here for the next two years of his contract. 

To be honest, the best outcome is Neilson actually resigning. Budge couldn't do anything about that. He won't though, he'll drift along saying what he thinks is the right thing to say, more in hope than anything while duping the fans. His personality is too Levein-esque for my liking. 

jambo-in-furness

BUDGE

OVER

NEILSON

OUt

On 31/03/2021 at 16:13, soonbe110 said:

Only if the next manager is available before end of the season. Four weeks from this weekend it’s over. Could we get someone in so quickly? Surely it will only be people that are currently out of work that could come in so quickly. Is that the height of our ambition re next manager - scour the dole queue? 

He needs to go now to stop the erosion of FoH contributions and get the club back onside with the fans.

We don’t need to scour dole queues to bring in a new manager right now, we have enough football men and coaches at the club who can look after the team for the few weeks remaining - it may even give the players a lift!

The time to bring in the new manager is in the close season.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's very concerning that 48 people think he should keep his job. 

90% want Neilson sacked now - pretty conclusive!

As for the 10% check the names - all the Levein and Neilson apologists are all there.

19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

90% want Neilson sacked now - pretty conclusive!

As for the 10% check the names - all the Levein and Neilson apologists are all there.

Quite a number of the nos have said no but stated want him gone end of season, so as with all votes and resolutions, it's just wording!

Who wants a new management team in place for next season perhaps more apt to gauge genuine Robbie oot numbers.

Not a go at OP obvs, this is still a good litmus test

David Black
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's very concerning that 48 people think he should keep his job. 

For now that is. The second part possibly should have been worded " Go at the end of the season". 

David McCaig
56 minutes ago, David Black said:

For now that is. The second part possibly should have been worded " Go at the end of the season". 

I’ll ask that question after promotion is confirmed.