31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote

David McCaig

31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote  

687 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be sacked as the Hearts Manager with immediate effect?

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

He seems to be doing even worse in this poll than he did in the immediate aftermath of last Tuesday night.

Probably based on how him and Budge reacted to the Brora defeat then the one at the weekend. No real acknowledgement just 'it's a bad run, you should be happy, go support Man Utd or Man City if you want to win every week' and they think it's all based on the one game.

Both of them clueless and need relieved of their duties immediately.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• David Black

manaliveits105

It proves that 95 % of people who use jkb and have it in for Robbie and Anne will repeatedly take part in surveys to try and get rid of them .

28 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It proves that 95 % of people who use jkb and have it in for Robbie and Anne will repeatedly take part in surveys to try and get rid of them .

Any other litmus to gauge opinion that you can think of?

Go on, tell us how we harness the feeling amongst the support

You sound like a Scottish Tory spin doctor.

Neilson Out (as requested by 95% on jbk)

Edited by Hashimoto

Voted yes.

I do believe, though, that nothing will happen until the Championship is clinched or the season has ended.

Not itk, at all, but just get the feeling change is afoot. Both in the dug out and in the comfy seats above.

I just don't believe the Budge/Neilson/ghost of Levein regime can go on any longer than that. 

How can it?

Decided I won't stop the FoH subs but I'm not renewing ST's if there is no change.

No way.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

A good snapshot of the Hearts supporters feeling in general I would say. 

Famous 1874

For the people who voted no, there is simply no way back for him. He needs to get his jotters now. The longer it goes on, the worse it’s going to get. 

51 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Pointless thread 😂 we don't have the money to get rid of him 👍

£125 K every month from FOH. It wouldn't cost the club a penny. 

👍

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

£125 K every month from FOH. It wouldn't cost the club a penny. 

👍

That all depends on what that money is going on, when it comes in i suppose not that I'm suggesting anything 😉

I'm telling you we can't afford to get rid of him. 

And it's not just him to get rid of👍

Psychedelicropcircle

For me there’s no coming back from the Brora defeat..he’s a dead man walking!

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So we are just picking from the list of unemployed managers? Not very ambitious. 

it's one thing binning him and chucking the keys at JJ/Locke/Kirk it's another thing just grabbing whatever is close to hand on the shelf... needs a proper process imo and that starts with determining what kind of football we want to play and then finding a manager that has a credible plan to deliver that.

pennyjambo22
9 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

For me there’s no coming back from the Brora defeat..he’s a dead man walking!

Just this☝️And Ms Budge to retire gracefully 🤞

It's a shame the time has come so soon, but such is life in football.

We could give him the next two games so he wraps it up against Alloa next Friday night and he can add another shortened Championship season title to his list. But we're that bad right now we might actually struggle with those games... depends how shite those 10 pts behind are the next game or two.

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

91.8% will be quoted again as a minority of the supporters. 

Find it odd that the other poll was at least 95% from what I can remember but this one has dropped a bit. 

I must have missed our scintillating demolition of QOTS at the weekend. 

Sadly, it does look as though he will still be here at the end of the season and will probably be allowed to sign another pile of pish this summer to take us into Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Find it odd that the other poll was at least 95% from what I can remember but this one has dropped a bit. 

I must have missed our scintillating demolition of QOTS at the weekend. 

Sadly, it does look as though he will still be here at the end of the season and will probably be allowed to sign another pile of pish this summer to take us into Premier League. 

Less people have voted. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Less people have voted. 

True. Still don't see why anyone would vote 'No'. I think I have maybe missed one game this season and can safely say we have played well for maybe the equivalent of two and a bit games all season. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

True. Still don't see why anyone would vote 'No'. I think I have maybe missed one game this season and can safely say we have played well for maybe the equivalent of two and a bit games all season. 

Ann buying votes or maybe family members. 

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

it's one thing binning him and chucking the keys at JJ/Locke/Kirk it's another thing just grabbing whatever is close to hand on the shelf... needs a proper process imo and that starts with determining what kind of football we want to play and then finding a manager that has a credible plan to deliver that.

And who decides what kind of football we want to play?  Think we all want winning football first. What manager could give us that? 

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

And who decides what kind of football we want to play?  Think we all want winning football first. What manager could give us that? 

Not my call. Winning is nice but if it's turgid to watch it tempers the pleasure. Again not my call, just don't pick the first thing off the shelf because it's shinny.

I'm a fan, I've never played at any level, the arguments about formations bore me rigid - I was brought up in simpler times. Happy to leave that to the experts so long as they are held accountable for their actions.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why do you keep sticking up for him? are you best buds or something? 

Anyone with eyes can see that he's not getting the best out of a squad we've spent a fortune on (compared to probably every other club in Scotland other than the old firm, Aberdeen and maybe Hibs.

Is that what you want going forward? a manager that can't get a tune out of a squad of players that are on more money than most other players Scotland. 

Silvery_Moon

He has to go. We can't have him in charge of a summer recruitment. I think Ann Budge must go now too but at least should not be involved in the appointment of Neilson's successor. 

The Mighty Thor

No more Neilson-ball for me. 

Can we also sack the chancers and imposters stealing a wage every week?

32 hardy souls willing to see the 5 year plan out. No doubt we'll hear why things have gone pear shaped when the 2nd part of the report on the football department is finally released.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

32 hardy souls willing to see the 5 year plan out. No doubt we'll hear why things have gone pear shaped when the 2nd part of the report on the football department is finally released.

The Gorgie Proud Boys won’t be accepting the result of this or any other poll that suggests their man should leave office immediately in accordance with the wishes of the voters.

No, sir!

Bazzas right boot

I'd wait to the end of the season if sacking him. 

I don't think there is any way back from the cup result with the fans, but if he gets promotion, overall in the competitions-

Last year sc, beat. Hibs got to final. 

Lc - out to alloa 

Sc- out to Brora 

Promotion 

So it's 2 good or acceptable performances in tournaments v 1 bad and 1 horrific performance. 

Without the emotion and drama I'm Litterally 50/50 on sacking him.

Italian Lambretta

Season Ticket renewal is just around the corner this will be the time the penny finally drops for Budge.

So, I get that this is a case of checking if the initial feeling was just a knee-jerk reaction.

My own feeling was that the Brora result was just brutal on so many levels.  Beating QOS wouldn't redeem RN or the team, but it was at least a chance for coaches and players to 'apologise'.  Well, that went well, right?

gordiegords

Has to go, his comments show how far out of touch he is, “just a blip” 

Budge to go to, we need a massive makeover with fresh ides.

season ticket sales will be the driver, again showing budges lack of leadership.

Even if we hadn't lost to brora or QoS. The football we are watching is utterly dire and depressing to watch.  We should be playing with style and without fear. Looking back to the cup final and what if we had attacked celtic from the start and been 2 up at half time. We all know we would have defended in the second half and the outcome would probably been the same

Austin MacGlee

I hit "no" by mistake. Drank loads last night and must still be a bit pished. 

Get him and his gruesome fitba to **** asap.

tolcross lad

I am totally fed up with the bad running of our FOOTBALL CLUB and poor performances for seasons now despite a large budget.Nothing I see of Neilson will change that.

Having said that the Brora Rangers "blip "

Is a sacking offence.No Hearts manager should survive that.

I’m not knocking you for posting the poll & the reasons for doing so but Robbie Neilson should have never even have taken training in the aftermath of the Brora result let alone be in the dugout for last Saturdays game against QoS. The results this season on the whole have been really poor especially when you consider what we have at our resources & a few of the teams that we’ve dropped points to have been part time. His signings on the whole have been poor. His tactical set up & awareness is poor. His excuses after poor performances, dropped points & defeats have been astonishing. Dare I add in his comments in the press over the last week or so. The Brora result however is a sackable offence on its own. 

The Old Tolbooth

Who says the dust has settled? It definitely hasn't for me, or plenty others! 

Get Robbie out now!! 

Also, as much as I would like to see Alex Neal given a chance, it would annoy me as much as Stendel with the amount of fans who can't spell his surname properly! :lol: 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

End of season for me

Thats fair enough, I'll probably look to run another poll once the league title is wrapped up asking the question should Robbie be our Manager next season?