31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote

David McCaig

31 March 2021: Robbie Neilson Poll (now the dust has settled) - Public Vote  

687 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be sacked as the Hearts Manager with immediate effect?

David McCaig

The previous poll on Robbie's future was in the immediate aftermath of the Brora debacle and may therefore have been somewhat knee-jerk in the responses it captured.

It was also anonymous which provided deep cover for any trolls on the board, this vote is a public one.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• David Black

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Neilson OUT

He seems to be doing even worse in this poll than he did in the immediate aftermath of last Tuesday night.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

If it's purely because it's expensive, would the troops chuck in a tenner a head in to pay this management team of?

The cost of cancelled DDs and non-renewed STs will be considerably more expensive than the cost of any settlement.

David McCaig

QUESTION FOR THE MODS:  37 people have voted but only 36 votes counted?  Only 1 vote has been attributed to NO, but two names are showing.

its like 

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

QUESTION FOR THE MODS:  37 people have voted but only 36 votes counted?  Only 1 vote has been attributed to NO, but two names are showing.

its like the referendum,no fixed ballots please robbie needs to bolt

13 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

If it's purely because it's expensive, would the troops chuck in a tenner a head in to pay this management team of?

Think the fans have paid enough money to cover Budges bad decisions already TBH, if anyone should pay to get rid of neilson it should be her.

tartofmidlothian

Not with immediate effect, we're in a strange position where it would change nothing right now and only serve to punish him. Change is needed right through the club in the summer, but I'd let a cup-winning player stay for five more games, pick up the trophy and leave with dignity at season's end.

Although that could change in a game or two, if we don't start winning.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Not with immediate effect, we're in a strange position where it would change nothing right now and only serve to punish him. Change is needed right through the club in the summer, but I'd let a cup-winning player stay for five more games, pick up the trophy and leave with dignity at season's end.

Not much dignity left for him after recent results to be honest.

Money talks.....

Should have been out on his ar$e by now......Season tickets sales, or lack of will be the final coup de grace for the boy blunder...... 

Neilson Out

Absolutely needs to go. For the sake of the club. The league is almost won. The cost of not replacing him will certainly outweigh the cost of the contrary. The hierarchy cannot dither this time. Time is of the essence. The toxic malaise engulfing the club will not dissipate until a number of changes are made. Robbie leaving is the first essential one which needs enforced. 

Edited by MattyK82

David McCaig
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Three people named as voting no but three votes cast?

Four people named but three votes cast

Italian Lambretta

Why do we need another Poll when we have already overwhelming decided he should go. Are the club hoping we might Change our minds

best in the land

Should already be gone. 

Should never have been brought back in the first place i was gutted when he was announced. 

Saw it coming a mile off. 

Voted yes but wouldn't be fussed if he went this week, next week or the end of the season. As long as we don't have to endure him at the start of next season. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Why do we need another Poll when we have already overwhelming decided he should go. Are the club hoping we might Change our minds

My thoughts behind the poll are that they are always a snapshot in time and from the clubs perspective it would be easier to dismiss a poll in the immediate aftermath of Brora as knee-jerk, whereas we have now had more than a week to consider our views.

What I would like the club to see is that the support are actually both united and entrenched in their views that Robbie has to go... and I say this as someone who was very much a pro-Robbie cheerleader when he returned last summer.

7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yes. 

Snoreson OUt

This is what the board have to realise - If he manages to cling on to his job and they give him the summer, he'd need to sign a whole new squad, come flying out the traps, achieve top 4 and a high level of performance in both Cup competitions.

That's surely the only way he avoids a sacking and that is based on nothing but faith from the boards perspective. 

Going from this level of pish, to that level seems lightyears away and I don't believe he is capable based on what we have seen this season. 

Ultimately he is toast and it would take a feckin miraculous turnaround for him to claw back any favour with the support and to end calls for his sacking. 

The Board need to realise this and that if he continues, it will only further damage the club both on the field and off it. 

I feel a bit sorry for him because it is not just him. There's quite clearly a fundamental problem at Hearts going back 4-5 years. The squad that Daniel and himself inherited is utter dross. Full of empty vessels, passangers and utter charlatans. That said, he's not helped himself by signing more pish and deploying poor, negative tactics. 

Unfortunately it's Hearts first and foremost and there is no room for sentiment if we are to achieve the standards we all expect. 

Sorry Robbie but yer times up bud. 

SomethingAboutObua

Yes he needs to go now. I can't bare another season of sacking someone after the transfer window, months of "it's not his own team" followed by a mini expensive rebuild in January, then a few more months of "he needs a preseason and a full transfer window", then another rebuild, then rinse and repeat for sacking him for underperforming in October 2022.

BonningtonJambo
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Yes he needs to go now. I can't bare another season of sacking someone after the transfer window, months of "it's not his own team" followed by a mini expensive rebuild in January, then a few more months of "he needs a preseason and a full transfer window", then another rebuild, then rinse and repeat for sacking him for underperforming in October 2022.

This. Get him out now its obvious to everyone were sacking him in the next year, this summer is already a rebuild cba with January being one aswell.

David Black
24 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

See that's the problem, being a cup winner is irrelevant and giving him till the end of the season gives the new manager less time. Now is the perfect time to remove him. In the summer after handover we can deal with the rest.

Rogue Daddy

I was happy to give him until half way through next season on the previous poll... but performances of late, the last two (hugely unacceptable) results, and (I've got to say) the attitude of the board and the tone of their last 'statement'.... added to the fact I really can't see us winning on Saturday - time is well and truly up. Gutless, no leaders on and off the park, and I'm totally convinced he's lost the dressing room. Got to go.

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

See that's the problem, being a cup winner is irrelevant and giving him till the end of the season gives the new manager less time. Now is the perfect time to remove him. In the summer after handover we can deal with the rest.

Only if the next manager is available before end of the season. Four weeks from this weekend it’s over. Could we get someone in so quickly? Surely it will only be people that are currently out of work that could come in so quickly. Is that the height of our ambition re next manager - scour the dole queue? 

Auld Reekin'
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Only if the next manager is available before end of the season. Four weeks from this weekend it’s over. Could we get someone in so quickly? Surely it will only be people that are currently out of work that could come in so quickly. Is that the height of our ambition re next manager - scour the dole queue? 

Some combination of JJ, Locke, and Andy Kirk as caretaker / interim management team would work for me, and would certainly ensure we were as fully motivated and focussed as possible for the remaining games.

David Black
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Well Derek McInnes is unemployed as is Alex Neil. Not saying we should or could and who knows who is unemployed in Europe. 

David Black
Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

Some combination of JJ, Locke, and Andy Kirk as caretaker / interim management team would work for me, and would certainly ensure we were as fully motivated and focussed as possible for the remaining games.

Said this on a number of occasions.

57 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Absolutely.

David Black
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Give it to JJ until the end of the season. 

The answer is just down the corridor ffs. 

Just like it was with CL. She should know the way by now.

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

Well Derek McInnes is unemployed as is Alex Neil. Not saying we should or could and who knows who is unemployed in Europe. 

So we are just picking from the list of unemployed managers? Not very ambitious. 

David McCaig

So we are just picking from the list of unemployed managers? Not very ambitious. 

Not necessarily, but not often that two such suitable candidates become immediately available.

David Black

I wouldn't call McInnes or Neil unambitious. The very opposite in fact and again who knows their European equivalents may be of the same standard. I agree we have to show real ambition this time however.

Just now, David Black said:

I wouldn't call McInnes or Neil unambitious. The very opposite in fact and again who knows their European equivalents may be of the same standard. I agree we have to show real ambition this time however.

McInnes maybe but Neil has had one four month purple patch in management at Norwich. Other than that his biggest achievements as a manager were keeping Accies in the top league and at the same time relegating Hibs. 

He must go immediately. I would like us to sign Alex Neil. I think his experience is much stronger and he is all round a better candidate. A key factor we should be looking for in our manager is a willingness to work with and develop kids. Neil has done that throughout his managerial career, Neilson has not. 

Lets get rid of Neilson, get the fans and board on the same side again and look to a positive future with a manager/head coach who can develop and harness young talent.