Football Agents v FIFA...and us

upgotheheads

upgotheheads

'We’re not little kids': leading agents ready for war with Fifa over new rules | Football | The Guardian

I have no issue with football players having agents and getting the best deal they can, and I'm no great fan of FIFA, but this looks like a can of worms. How long before organised crime owns our game (if it doesn't already) if agents and others are calling the tune. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I thought the FBI pretty much labelled FIFA as a crime syndicate. Pretty sure the ones in charge now we're all (more or less) in place when Blatter and Platini got emptied/arrested.

The ones in charge now will be trying to keep their snouts in the trough whenever Real, Liverpool, etc form their own league.

Re the agents, the players should pay for them, not the clubs.

I knew an agent once - he always struck me as a bit of a dodgy character...He claimed to represent quite a number of players but the only one I know for sure was a tall Latvian or Lithuanian who signed for either Inverness or Ross County