Josh Ginnelly

Rick Sanchez

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Is he talking next season or do we think he might be due back earlier?

he has said this before. I think he means next season

SectionDJambo

We can probably identify the time we ceased to be a threat to other teams as being when he got injured.

He has been our only consistent attacking threat all season long.

Japan Jambo

Good player, one of the handful that has done himself credit this season. Shame he spend so much time in the treatment room.

StevenNaismith

I’m told he has signed a deal with us but it’s being kept under wraps and used to sell season tickets. We’d sell far more if RN was shown the door.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m told he has signed a deal with us but it’s being kept under wraps and used to sell season tickets. We’d sell far more if RN was shown the door.

Hahaha, I think Ann will need to do a bit better than Ginnelly if she thinks the fans are going to mindlessly throw good money after bad backing Neilson :D 

heartsfc_fan

Since he got injured our general play has been pants.

He was a key player for us when he did feature.

Fort Vallance
22 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Since he got injured our general play has been pants.

He was a key player for us when he did feature.

I'm not going to disagree. But it's amazing how some players appear to be more valuable when they're injured. Probably says a lot about their replacements.

Another player we talk up, probably out of desperation, but who for me still has a lot to prove. He is injury prone, no matter what he may claim, and while I accept he has pace and no little skill he had zero composure - the cup final being a prime example. Is he better than what we have got...probably, but I just have a feeling a year from now he will  be yet another under performer. I’m probably being too negative but it’s happened so often previously.

Scary thing for me is that the only games we've played exciting football in this season has featured Josh.  Could of been a whole different story if he stayed fit this season.

1 hour ago, Holtie said:

Another player we talk up, probably out of desperation, but who for me still has a lot to prove. He is injury prone, no matter what he may claim, and while I accept he has pace and no little skill he had zero composure - the cup final being a prime example. Is he better than what we have got...probably, but I just have a feeling a year from now he will  be yet another under performer. I’m probably being too negative but it’s happened so often previously.

I agree with a lot of this.

For folk to say we'd be SO much better if he was playing simply reinforces all the criticisms being made on here & elsewhere - the signings & the squad are absolutely abysmal. 

I don't see this guy cutting it in the Prem next season. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Might be his comeback at Preston.

Who can tell?

He’s still on loan to us and he’s out of contract with Preston. 
Unlikely I would say. 

Nessjambo67
1 hour ago, Holtie said:

Think you maybe a bit negative but unfortunately that’s just 5he feeling just now with everything HMFC .Cant really disagree with your post though I think you have got it spot on tbf 

copa-mundial

Of the games he did play. ( I know it's not many.) Have a look at his goals and assists ratio, to games played. 

No denying when he played. He was a game changer. The cup final being the obvious stand out. He really should have won it for us in regulation time. 

It would be seen as a very risky signing, giving what we have witnessed injury wise. However. Like Souttar. It's a risk worth taking I think. 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Good player. We will soon take that away from him.

Heart of Midlothian FC...the place where decent players come to regress.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He was the only player in the squad that could actually run. 

For 10 minutes before he got injured. The last thing we need is another play injured for 75% of his time here.

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Good player, one of the handful that has done himself credit this season. Shame he spend so much time in the treatment room.

No coincidence that we played our best football when he was in the side. Even despite his short time with us I'd still have him as our 2nd best player this season, behind Gordon.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

For 10 minutes before he got injured. The last thing we need is another play injured for 75% of his time here.

Fast guys always do their hammies. He might never get injured long term for the rest of his career. 

12 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

We can probably identify the time we ceased to be a threat to other teams as being when he got injured.

He has been our only consistent attacking threat all season long.

Last two seasons it was Naismith who was the player we needed on the pitch. I hope we can develope a team that doesn't collapse when we're one man down...

Floridajambo

Can we please for once, just sign a player who is under-30 AND not going to spend 50-100% of his time at Hearts in the treatment room. Sorry, but I was underwhelmed when we signed GMS and I would be underwhelmed by this one too. We should keep Gordon, Smith, Irving, Boyce and Gnanduillet and clear out pretty much all of the rest. A few can stick around as backup and might improve with a better manager but we have had years of this scattergun approach to signings and it has stop.

Wasn't the blueprint a conveyor belt of talent coming out of the academy...?!?!

I used to slaughter Murray Park (Auchenhowie) at The Rangers as a glorified canteen. Not even sure if our catering even meets the standard. 

From the start of the CL debacle until now its been fruitless and under-used. Surely there is talent there? Is it simply being ignored or under-developed? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Floridajambo said:

Can we please for once, just sign a player who is under-30 AND not going to spend 50-100% of his time at Hearts in the treatment room. Sorry, but I was underwhelmed when we signed GMS and I would be underwhelmed by this one too. We should keep Gordon, Smith, Irving, Boyce and Gnanduillet and clear out pretty much all of the rest. A few can stick around as backup and might improve with a better manager but we have had years of this scattergun approach to signings and it has stop.

Irving would be one of the first I had out the door. 

A major contributor to our soft centre. 

Ginnelly clearly made a difference to the team, none of the other wingers got close to his level. However he just doesn't have enough minutes on the pitch. Neilson unlucky with this one, if you are still allowed to say that 

The negativity on this thread is incredible, one of the only positives this season has had bad luck with injuries but has never been injury prone in his career, I will be delighted to see him next season

One year deal to prove he can keep fit for a prolonged spell, and see what he can do when fully match fit, we have not seen enough of him to pass fair judgement, what he does have though that we are badly short of, is pace.

Don't think it's a big risk.  Granted he didn't play much, but looked a good attacking player when he did.  I'd be happy if he signs.  

SuperstarSteve
9 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

One year deal to prove he can keep fit for a prolonged spell, and see what he can do when fully match fit, we have not seen enough of him to pass fair judgement, what he does have though that we are badly short of, is pace.

Agreed. He’s better than what’s came in (GMS, frear, roberts, kastaneer) but that wouldn’t be hard as they are below average players. Granted GMS clearly has the most ability out of them all. 

Happy to see him involved next season but I’m no as convinced as some folk. 

john thomas
1 hour ago, lou said:

The negativity on this thread is incredible, one of the only positives this season has had bad luck with injuries but has never been injury prone in his career, I will be delighted to see him next season

As soon as a player gets a fairly serious injury he is immediately labelled injury prone on here , no matter what his history is.

Just more , typical , pesh .

David McCreery now he was injury prone . At least one of his knees was like a bag of lego

55 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Totally agree with this. I can't see his wages being too much. Offer him a yesr with a year's extension if he proves himself. 

Another player I'd lije to go for would be Greg Kiltie from Kilmarnock, he's a good age, proven in the SPL and is available 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

As soon as a player gets a fairly serious injury he is immediately labelled injury prone on here , no matter what his history is.

Just more , typical , pesh .

David McCreery now he was injury prone . At least one of his knees was like a bag of lego

What a player though - remember him getting the ball and dribbling round the whole DUFC team and back to Henry Smith...

Robbo-Jambo
16 hours ago, OTT said:

Hahaha, I think Ann will need to do a bit better than Ginnelly if she thinks the fans are going to mindlessly throw good money after bad backing Neilson :D 

Especially if Logan and Crawford are the standard we are looking at. 😏

john thomas
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What a player though - remember him getting the ball and dribbling round the whole DUFC team and back to Henry Smith...

Great player indeed . Pity we could only afford him when he was crocked . Looked him up and he made 44 appearances not sure how many full games he played

4 hours ago, Floridajambo said:

i would let irvinge walk hes not as good as he thinks he is

gorgieheart
12 minutes ago, brux said:

Reading this thread you'd think it was on Hibs.net

you mean its not  ?

surely all the p@ssin and moanin and mouth foaming is what occurs only on Hubs.net  ?

He did more in his small handful of appearances than the rest of our wingers have combined so far this season.

Almost all our signings are verging on ‘pretty risky’ so might as well give the lad a deal.

Edited by DH1986

10 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Out of the 5 wingers we have signed this season he is the only one that remotely looks like a footballer.

GMS will prove you wrong.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
20 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

GMS will prove you wrong.

He's finished as a winger. Legs are gone and was never the quickest even in his prime. Could maybe be useful in a more central role but we have a few players that are of a similar ilk. I just don't see it working for him at hearts.

queensferryjambo

Hearts fans have moaned about signing players who are injury prone for the last 3 seasons. Yet still crave Ginnelly to come back. He as hardly even played for us this season due to injury problems. 

IMO we have been so shit all season Ginnelly has become a success in our eyes by default, he seemed to get more and more successful the less he played.

I think he could be a good player but he is not worth the risk IMO.

Here are his appearances for Hearts and time on the field and the amount he was injured. Seeing it in black and white might surprise some as to how little he actually played for us this season.

3 league cup games, 6 league games and 1 Scottish Cup game. 

League cup - 

Played 83 minutes against Inverness

Played 90 minutes against Cowdenbeath

Played 19 minutes against Raith

Misses other 2 league cup games due to injury

League - 

Played 75 mins against Dundee and played well.

Played 9 minutes at Arbroath before going off injured.

Not in the squad for the next 4 due to injury.

Played for 28 minutes vs QOTS and scored in the 91st minute when we were already 5-1 up.

Not in the squad for the next 3 due to injury.

Played 25 mins vs Alloa scores in 93rd minute we won 3-1.

Played 40 mins vs Raith we lose 3-2.

Played 16 minutes vs Raith away goes off injured. 

Season over due to injury.

Scottish Cup - 

Misses semi final due to injury.

Final plays 33 mins normal time and 30 mins extra time.